Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you vote for in 2020?
This poll is closed.
Biden 425 18.06%
Trump 105 4.46%
whoever the Green Party runs 307 13.05%
GOOGLE RON PAUL 151 6.42%
Bernie Sanders 346 14.70%
Stalin 246 10.45%
Satan 300 12.75%
Nobody 202 8.58%
Jess Scarane 110 4.67%
mystery man Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party 61 2.59%
Dick Nixon 100 4.25%
Total: 2089 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

watch trump somehow turn this into a referendum on the invasion of iraq

jaysus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I dare anyone to defend this loving garbage.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

watch trump somehow turn this into a referendum on the invasion of iraq

jaysus

It'd be pretty easy to do so, Joe was an architect of it

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Probably Magic posted:

I dare anyone to defend this loving garbage.

We had several pages of people in USPOL defending and celebrating Kaisch speaking give it a few hours.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my googling sucks rear end today, anyone got a link to a source on these numbers?

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1287938340306726912?s=21

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

how loving stupid do you have to augh

who even likes colin powell

hlep in hsvig a stork

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Jesus loving christ

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i sincerely did not believe them to be this cravenly inept

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Remember when the hardcore Dem supporters was like "oh don't be silly the Democrats don't waste their time rehabilitating war criminals"

How about now motherfuckers, how about fuckin' now, they're having one of the big bads speak at their loving convention and you better believe he gets more time than AOC

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Countdown to GWB being announced as a speaker

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
This is what Vote Blue No Matter Who/"You have to vote for the lesser evil" leads to.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Countdown to GWB being announced as a speaker

and walking out to a 5-minute long standing ovation, as the crowd, clapping and solemnly nodding, feels good about itself for being Better People

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Excelzior posted:

no Hillary is not speaking

tonight

Nah, she tried, but Libya and Honduras still don't come close to Cambodia, Vietnam, the Bangladeshi genocide, East Timor, Argentina and Chile (Kissinger) or covering up for My Lai, Iran Contra, and then pushing the Iraq Wars (Powell).

Though I guess Biden should be glad that the three living secretaries of state with the most blood on their hands are all with him.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Heliotrope posted:

This is what Vote Blue No Matter Who/"You have to vote for the lesser evil" leads to.

Yep, Biden was the far right fringe of the dems in 2000. Now he's joined up with W's cabinet as the mainstream of the party

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Somfin posted:

Remember when the hardcore Dem supporters was like "oh don't be silly the Democrats don't waste their time rehabilitating war criminals"

How about now motherfuckers, how about fuckin' now, they're having one of the big bads speak at their loving convention and you better believe he gets more time than AOC

I've been saying for awhile now, everything the Dems have been doing lately is just one big victory lap around the Left.

"We cheated, we got away with it, and now you're going to eat our farts on live television and tell us how much you love the taste."

Everything they've done and will continue to do is just one lovingly crafted middle-finger to anything that even gestures vaguely to the Left.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i want to see a rumsfeld cheney tag team dnc speech

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Dems are gonna invite Donald Trump to give the keynote at the 2032 convention. The barely cognizant and rapidly decaying Trump will be the head of what are known as the Never Hawleys because Hawley called him a cuck on MSCNN. Trump will be considered the leading voice of a more rational time for the GOP.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Dems are gonna invite Donald Trump to give the keynote at the 2032 convention. The barely cognizant and rapidly decaying Trump will be the head of what are known as the Never Hawleys because Hawley called him a cuck on MSCNN. Trump will be considered the leading voice of a more rational time for the GOP.

He will spend his entire time explaining how his son (pick one), the current Democratic party nominee, can't be pulled left, and everyone will applaud him for showing such unity in this time of needing to unify against an unprecedented threat to democracy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Organizing and finding common ground with progressives & liberals is viewed with greater suspicion than going full Do So and essentially bowing out of politics.

After Lucy yanks the football away 500 times you begin to regard the whole business of lining up to kick it with some suspicion, yes. For me personally, I'll vote for B&K in the fall, but this will almost certainly be the last time I vote D for any office, because just what's the point? The median D elected official would rather light themselves on fire than do anything that damages the interests of the financial services industry, and to be honest with you I'm not prepared to light myself on fire in protest, so I guess they win. I quit

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Heliotrope posted:

Biden's presidency will be center right with a bit of wokeness and performative progressivism. Yay?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this is the future liberals actually want

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

the_steve posted:

I've been saying for awhile now, everything the Dems have been doing lately is just one big victory lap around the Left.

"We cheated, we got away with it, and now you're going to eat our farts on live television and tell us how much you love the taste."

Everything they've done and will continue to do is just one lovingly crafted middle-finger to anything that even gestures vaguely to the Left.

Its not even the left. Most of the policy initiatives and platform the left largely wants in the united states is fairly moderate. There was nothing that was far left about what Bernie wanted. They basically have just shown us that they poo poo on helping people. They only care about the PMC.

I hate to say it but I am with you icantfindaname. I just feel like playing this game from 2000 is enough for me. I'm done with getting my hopes up and being let down. I'm sick of thinking that there is a hope that some of the problems I have in my life will ever be addressed. I think that is one of the things that really pissed me off about Bernie. He knows what all this is and he chooses to lie about Biden's "most progressive platform" because of harm reduction. Its easy to be the most progressive platform when you haven't done anything for poor people in decades. Don't lie to me anymore. I'm done being gaslit. I'm also sick of the democrat defenders coming around defending Lincoln Project. Those ads aren't for republicans they are for the people defending them.

What can we do though? Where do we go? I am a very politically active person. I enjoy phonebanking and I like the thrill of donating to a candidate. I just don't think I can do it anymore for democrats.

Also this feels like 2004 all over again. I bet these idiots are going to do it to themselves again.

ManBoyChef fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 19, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

icantfindaname posted:

For me personally, I'll vote for B&K in the fall, but this will almost certainly be the last time I vote D for any office, because just what's the point? The median D elected official would rather light themselves on fire than do anything that damages the interests of the financial services industry, and to be honest with you I'm not prepared to light myself on fire in protest, so I guess they win. I quit

Why not stop now?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I'm enjoying the virtual roll call more than I thought. :)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm enjoying the virtual roll call more than I thought. :)

Somehow these random people are doing a better job of making it interesting than the rest of the shitshow

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Probably Magic posted:

Framing this election as the John McCain v. Donald Trump matchup we never got seems a really good way to lose, but what would I know!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1295855526497128449

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Lol Laura Loomer won her primary

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Good God. Trump gave the McCain family a lot of goodwill through his actions, but Megan McCain being a hilariously awful heel on the View definitely squandered that along moderate liberals.

Do they think moderate Republicans still exist??

I keep wondering "who is this for" as Biden begins to dribble towards his own goal. He doesn't need the progressive vote! Who cares if they are disaffected by this! We have never Trumpers!"

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 19, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Like, gently caress, hold us hostage but at least loving win!?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Time to side with the lesser of two evils, the party of

*checks notes*

Colin Powell?

Perhaps we can pull them to left in exchange for invading Iran this time.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I read on Twitter from some nobody I won’t bother quoting here that AOC only got to speak because Sanders chose her for some part of the roll call process, is that true?

Famethrowa posted:

I keep wondering "who is this for" as Biden begins to dribble towards his own goal. He doesn't need the progressive vote! Who cares if they are disaffected by this! We have never Trumpers!"
It doesn’t make any sense unless the point is to rub our nose in our own powerlessness as boomers continue to loot everything in this country so they can have more garishly decorated tombs in a few years.

It would cost Democrats loving nothing to throw some bones to the left. But I guess it’s more important to allow liberals to continue believing that “the left” represents a vanishingly small minority? Or something?

God, remember how optimistic we all felt in February. It wasn’t even half a year ago. gently caress.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Boy they kinda laid it on thick with the backstory of Joe and Jill, but if you were to try to make something similar for Trump it'd wind up looking.. bad.

Imagine Trump running after Ivana shaking his fist while exposing his bad hair operation to the world..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 19, 2020

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
you'd have the trump kids talking about when they met their father at 14 for the first time, ivanka's story would also be creepy

correction, is already creepy

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

rko posted:

I read on Twitter from some nobody I won’t bother quoting here that AOC only got to speak because Sanders chose her for some part of the roll call process, is that true?

I mean, more or less. She was picked to second Sanders's nomination for president at the convention.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://i.imgur.com/5ul7h4J.mp4

How presidential! :swoon:

Also it's looking like AOC's minute might have been a bad faith attempt to set her up for negative press. A lot of incredibly stupid takes flying around because she nominated Bernie.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

america.jpg

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1295916326490439680?s=20

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://i.imgur.com/5ul7h4J.mp4

How presidential! :swoon:

Also it's looking like AOC's minute might have been a bad faith attempt to set her up for negative press. A lot of incredibly stupid takes flying around because she nominated Bernie.

For some reason this reminds me of the 2016 republican primary debates when Carson and Trump both stood at the side entrance to the stage like dumbasses when called out and only went out on stage when they saw Jeb or someone walk past them to their podium.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I hope the entire solar system experiences a dramatic vacuum state collapse and we all become an indistinct mist as the universe falls apart at the subatomic level. That would be infinitely preferable to living in this nightmare timeline.

E: a sufficiently giant meteor will naturally suffice, I’m not all that picky.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Wait, how does American Samoa have 11 delegates? It has like a 15th the population of Alaska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

rko posted:

I hope the entire solar system experiences a dramatic vacuum state collapse and we all become an indistinct mist as the universe falls apart at the subatomic level. That would be infinitely preferable to living in this nightmare timeline.

E: a sufficiently giant meteor will naturally suffice, I’m not all that picky.

I'm just gonna keep dancing in Carcosa.