Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Isaac posted:

Its my birthday i easily survived another year

Happy birthday~ so many leo's in this thread that's why it's such an inspirational place to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oooh it's ya mates birthday, here he is

happy bday isaac

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Happy birthday cuntface <3

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Happy Birthday Isaac

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
You can take off and land from Archerfield airport in flight Sim, I'm going to fly a plane into every poo poo sharehouse I can find that I've lived in today

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Fly over 5 Charles St in Newtown, Toowoomba and take a photo of the back yard for me I wanna see if the tracks the dogs ran still show up lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm gonna do a flyover my house and go out to Gatton at some point so yeah sure. Didn't realise there was a Newtown in the womb as well, lived in the one in Ipswich for a year until a meth lab burned down next door

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

have you stunted under the harbour bridge yet? post screens if you have 'em

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

Happy loving Birthday oval office!

:love:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

well why not posted:

I took off from Bankstown specifically so i would see as little of Sydney as possible

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

well why not posted:

My pilot mate had a sweet flight simulator setup. He converted a stairmaster to make rudder pedals. Serious joystick etc.

I did an inverted loop from 36,000 feet under the Sydney Harbour Bridge in a 747.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

well why not posted:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Shatner trying to not look out the plane window but it’s centrepoint

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

How on earth

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Congrats, and happy birthday.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

well why not posted:

How on earth

That bridge looks incorrect.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Frustrated with my slow progress in the garden this week. Doesn't matter how many times you're told that recovery from treatment will take months, it's still frustrating. It's good to get my hands back in the dirt, though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The magpie ladies are so fat and pregnant and I keep thinking that means it's spring but I keep putting in things right before sudden unpredicted cold snaps and nothing's really come up. Extreme fire danger on a 20 degree day bc of hosed winds so probably no mowing either tbh

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Saw a magpie in my back yard this morning, so I hope they come visiting soon.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It will be swooping season soon.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Dunno if any of you might be on the hunt for a new job, but if you are and you're one of those nerdy types who likes mucking around with spreadsheets and reporting software, my partner's company is hiring.

https://winkreports.com/we-are-hiring-would-you-like-to-join-us/

Issac - Happy birthday!

Lolie - it's a good time to try your hand at propagation! Not too labour intensive, and you'll end up with a bunch of new plant babies to go into the garden by the time you're back up to full speed.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

Frustrated with my slow progress in the garden this week. Doesn't matter how many times you're told that recovery from treatment will take months, it's still frustrating. It's good to get my hands back in the dirt, though.

I've been taking cuttings and doing some cloning. Good weather for it. Rootex is your friend.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ah gently caress my poo poo towns local car burnout spot is in flight sim as a usable airport and the local topography and flora has actually been pretty lovingly rendered in a way I did not expect.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Blow posted:

I've been taking cuttings and doing some cloning. Good weather for it. Rootex is your friend.

I just use honey

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

McSpergin posted:

Fly over 5 Charles St in Newtown, Toowoomba and take a photo of the back yard for me I wanna see if the tracks the dogs ran still show up lol

i tried to do this but I think i took off from the city aerodrome instead of the airport I was thinking of further west and I kind of just whipped over the woomb before I could get the fancy external camera going

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i tried to do this but I think i took off from the city aerodrome instead of the airport I was thinking of further west and I kind of just whipped over the woomb before I could get the fancy external camera going

https://twitter.com/slasher/status/1295873830049767424?s=21

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't even bother trying to clone anything that doesn't just like a big jar of water in the sun. Pineapples are a good one if you like succulent sort of things. I'm pretty sure the time frame to get fruit off throwing half a supermarket pup in the ground is like 20 years or somebullshit but they look real nice

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I flew over my house in flight simulator and it's still got the Austar dish on the roof that we gave away to a guy so i'm going to write to M$ to complain.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1295696740188917761

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I took off from Bankstown specifically so i would see as little of Sydney as possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
at the mother in laws up in the tablelands where its about to snow. saw a bunch of pardalotes and red rump parrots that made my day.
also happy bday isaac

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

naeka posted:

Happy birthday~ so many leo's in this thread that's why it's such an inspirational place to be.

Had mine recently too

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

that "gently caress off I dont believe any of that nonsense, SO TRUE" meme but the first dumb thing is astrology and the second dumb thing is "all reality is a subjective experience"

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Blow posted:

What board are you riding dude? I've got an old school 163 Santa Cruz spruce core. I have a full-on tuning kit. I can make my rails 90° or 88° depending on conditions.

Also Zardoz NotWax
E: liquid fluoropolymer

Last time I was in real powder I ripped out my medial ligament. :lol:

I ride a Burton Juice Wagon 157 with Cartel bindings. its from the Burton Family Tree; burtons werid R&D arm which does oddball setups and sells limited runs via their best retailers. if they are popular, they get put into regular production.

its based on the original design for the Burton Super Model from back in the day, but with the modern EST channel binding system and materials so its lighter than old boards. Traditional camber, directional twin tip (big fuckin nose, 10mm taper?) and set back stance. Pretty cruisy on groomed runs and not too bad off piste but not great in powder due to the trad. camber profile making the nose want to dive.

I dont wax my own board because im lazy and dont own an iron of any kind. Garment steamer life yo.

Happy birthday Isaac!

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 19, 2020

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

that "gently caress off I dont believe any of that nonsense, SO TRUE" meme but the first dumb thing is astrology and the second dumb thing is "all reality is a subjective experience"

Hahahah one of my former students goes to a psychic and i've always thought it was just a laugh but loved hearing her psychic's predictions anyways until i'm high then all that poo poo is real as gently caress and i am trying my best to repent universe I PROMISE!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

there was a fox in my yard last night and i went out to take a look and my cat snuck out behind and ran up and beat the poo poo out of it and it ran away, she didn't even get scratched

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Transplanted some neglected seedlings from the greenhouse into actual pots and some potted plants into garden beds. Sowed some beans and zucchini and that will probably be it for the day.

I need to get a huge pot for my frangipani. Poor thing is root-bound and didn't flower last summer.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Caesar Saladin posted:

there was a fox in my yard last night and i went out to take a look and my cat snuck out behind and ran up and beat the poo poo out of it and it ran away, she didn't even get scratched

Foxes make great pets. It's a shame they kill things humans want and not just things we don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lolie posted:

Foxes make great pets. It's a shame they kill things humans want and not just things we don't.

everything I have read on the subject says that they are in fact quite lovely pets.

they smell/spray a lot and arent domesticated at all because they couldnt really be domesticated so can get bitey.

happy to be wrong since they are cute animals but also they are an introduced species and gently caress up the ecosystem so Im kinda glad the rules changed so people couldnt have em as pets. at least *some* house cats are too well fed and lazy to catch prey.