Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That is (hopefully) fiction.

They have done brain-electrode experiments like this with rats, and IIRC they starved to death because they'd rather keep pushing the happy-addiction-button than stop for 5 seconds to eat food.
Those results mean it's super unlikely that they'd ever get ethical approval for human testing.

edit: holy poo poo it's not fiction

Oh poo poo, thank you, I wasn't able to find that last several times I've brought it up to someone. I had also forgot the hosed up part about them trying to use this trick to make a gay dude straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lol i was gonna say, there were pics of the dude in my high school psych textbook basically making an o-face as he mashes his button, definitely was not fiction

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i want to see their notes from these experiments. did the scientists anticipate their brain zaps would make the dude fully jack himself in view of everyone, i wonder if any of them were religious and congratulated themselves on doing the lord's good work of making some dude they're not married to cum as part of their job.

is there room for this technology to be used in late stage palliative care or assisted suicide? why drink a poison potion when you could bliss out to oblivion, not many people get to make the last moments of their live the best feeling of the mall.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

IMO In Undertale, the pacifist option to beat Toriel is obtuse and doesn't make sense on the first play-through. I'm a little kid and I've known you for ten minutes, and the second I try to leave your butterscotch pie hostage situation you start to beat my rear end? Why shouldn't I defend myself? Only after getting two blows across the cheek do I have the option to ask for her forgiveness and tell her to stop, which is not something that occurred to me when I played it because I just dodged her attacks and kept mashing spare. That means the only way to get a peaceful resolution is to let my pseudo guardian use dark magic on me in the hopes she'll feel bad about it and promise to change.

This chaffed me a little when at the end of the game, after sparing literally everyone else, Sans calls me an rear end in a top hat murderer. It was self defense Sans, give me a break.

And I get that on repeat play-throughs, perhaps the message is you should use your extra knowledge as a player to seek the pacifist option. But I am a busy woman with a lot visual novels to get through, I don't have time to reset Undertale's universe so that a skeleton will like me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
When your health gets low enough Toriel's attacks start deliberately missing you.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i spared toriel on my first play so maybe you should just be less of a violent person?

i also didn't finish the game though because it is probably more fun to play it with the ability to kill things and dodging stuff endlessly was getting pretty lame

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

When your health gets low enough Toriel's attacks start deliberately missing you.

Like I said, it's weird to me that I have to let her hit me in order to peacefully resolve things. It makes sense to me now, I'm just saying that it wasn't intuitive the one and only time I played it.

food court bailiff posted:

i spared toriel on my first play so maybe you should just be less of a violent person?

maybe toriel should stop casting fireball on the 10 year old child that keeps begging to leave her house

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

IMO In Undertale, the pacifist option to beat Toriel is obtuse and doesn't make sense on the first play-through. I'm a little kid and I've known you for ten minutes, and the second I try to leave your butterscotch pie hostage situation you start to beat my rear end? Why shouldn't I defend myself? Only after getting two blows across the cheek do I have the option to ask for her forgiveness and tell her to stop, which is not something that occurred to me when I played it because I just dodged her attacks and kept mashing spare. That means the only way to get a peaceful resolution is to let my pseudo guardian use dark magic on me in the hopes she'll feel bad about it and promise to change.

This chaffed me a little when at the end of the game, after sparing literally everyone else, Sans calls me an rear end in a top hat murderer. It was self defense Sans, give me a break.

And I get that on repeat play-throughs, perhaps the message is you should use your extra knowledge as a player to seek the pacifist option. But I am a busy woman with a lot visual novels to get through, I don't have time to reset Undertale's universe so that a skeleton will like me.

As your health goes down in the fight she visibly gets sad and starts missing on purpose, and you pretty much have to run into the fireballs to get her to kill you (which is not easy to do and rewards you with a really funny animation) - so it's hard to construe that fight as a matter of life and death.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the hardest part of blunder fail for me was how it kept crashing after boss fights. and in turn it turned the programmed crash at the end of the game into a massive eyeroll moment for me

it seems to have simply been one of the many instances of gamemaker not working properly on specific systems because of Gamemaker Problems

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

luckily they avoid that now by selling a million different versions of gamemaker for a million different platforms lol

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Interesting, I never had that issue with Undertale. Perhaps it was only optimized for high end water cooled gaming rigs owned by only the most elite of gamers.

Honestly the Toriel thing is my only complaint, I enjoyed the experience a lot as I became more attuned to it's logic. I'd even accept a couple of crashes, but the second a skeleton insults my character I start seeing red. Back off dude, just because you're some sort of omnipotent time wizard doesn't mean you know my story.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tea Party Crasher posted:

"turn the other cheek"

its like one of them jesus things. realistically most people condone violence after the first strike and wouldn't dream of turning the other cheek. that kind of high power pacifism is usually relegated to mythical and fictional characters and situations. the trailer for the game expressly touts you can beat it non-violently, doesn't take that much to make the leap from being expressly told something and then executing it how they said you could because you can and they told you.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My mom plays games on Steam, but it's mostly hidden object and simple puzzle games. She'd found a bundle of four hidden object games about vampires but couldn't buy it for some reason. I went on her PC to have a look and the problem was that they were labeled adult and she had the default filter on. Now the games were pretty innocent and just had some bare titties. I explained that it's technically racy content but as a 60 year old lady she obviously didn't care and asked me to buy them for her.
Here's where the problem started, I turned on the filter and bought the bundle, now what I didn't do was turn the filter off again.
A couple of days later she calls me and asks what I've done because now the only thing Steam recommends is anime smut. She actually does have a base understanding of anime after I recommended some Ghibli stuff on Netflix and she loved that.
I went back and turned on the filter but it didn't really help much. Now Steam mostly recommends work safe anime tiddy games.

TL:DR I ruined my moms steam storefront by introducing anime tiddies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Welcome to the future, mom.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Thats the videogame number!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Lodin posted:

My mom plays games on Steam, but it's mostly hidden object and simple puzzle games. She'd found a bundle of four hidden object games about vampires but couldn't buy it for some reason. I went on her PC to have a look and the problem was that they were labeled adult and she had the default filter on. Now the games were pretty innocent and just had some bare titties. I explained that it's technically racy content but as a 60 year old lady she obviously didn't care and asked me to buy them for her.
Here's where the problem started, I turned on the filter and bought the bundle, now what I didn't do was turn the filter off again.
A couple of days later she calls me and asks what I've done because now the only thing Steam recommends is anime smut. She actually does have a base understanding of anime after I recommended some Ghibli stuff on Netflix and she loved that.
I went back and turned on the filter but it didn't really help much. Now Steam mostly recommends work safe anime tiddy games.

This is why I've had a filter set up to block out "anime" on steam since the day they added filters to steam.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Lodin posted:

Don't beat yourself up too much. All I play is boomer shooters and CRPGs and I still have anime panty fight simulators recommended to me. I think there's so much smut on the platform that you'd have to actively do intentionally do something to avoid getting it recommended to you

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lodin posted:

buy your mom hunie pop

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how can you call it smut, when very clearly, legally art! please do not make congress talk about anime tiddy games they already can't do their jobs as it is.

also i think maybe something changed on Steam, or maybe I did one crazy trick and forgot about it but I just checked my steam store frontpage and there weren't any anime sex games. Not even in the best sellers lists and such.

at this point I have to assume anyone with a Steam page beset by anime tiddies on some level wants it to be there but they must also make a show of not wanting it there, just in case.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I only get recommended atmospheric single player survival games and boy there is a lot of them

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Atmospheric single player anime survival titties

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I've never really looked at my steam suggestions, let's see how many anime tiddies are in there. First up is an early access open world survival crafting co-op multiplayer game, I don't play any of those types of games so who knows where that came from. Next is a stick figure CYOA comedy thing that I would never play and is also unlike anything in my library. Then Death Stranding... maybe if it's on sale for $10 just to see what the hype is about. And then.... an anime tiddie F2P MMORPG, also something completely unrelated to what I actually play but there it is, 3 suggestions before anime tiddies come up. I'm kind of impressed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

christmas boots posted:

Atmospheric single player anime survival titties

Make it a roguelike so the titties are different every time

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can ask to not be recommended certain tags and also adult stuff

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

site posted:

it doesn't have titties sadly but (NSFW-ish) http://en.inkei.net/

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stunt_enby posted:

it doesn't have titties sadly but (NSFW-ish) http://en.inkei.net/

The Micro Devil
Myname's Penis Ability: 39%

gently caress this bitchmade loser site.
The wireframe penises are kinda cool though.

edit: The Sparking Speedy Greatsword
Satan's Penis Ability: 33%

no wonder he's angry and mean all the time

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

site posted:

RNG really screwed in me in the titty department. This game sucks

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

The fact that you have to ask is kind of a problem. No cheap fetish shovel ware should be the default setting.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

The fact that you have to ask is kind of a problem. No cheap fetish shovel ware should be the default setting.

Gaben and co take a very libertarian view of what should go up on the store and it's one of several areas where they could do to mature

Also they didn't really do poo poo-all about the UI for years until significant competition popped up

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's even funnier how they've come back around and now the Xbox has literally no reason to exist, not even counting how it ran all of its exclusive franchises into the ground.

The Xbox has reason to exist because I play Halo and Timesplitters Future Perfect on it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Thanks, I'll look into this to see if I can help my mom.

Thing is, I've had the general filter off for ages and played Lust for Darkness and Agony, two of the craziest videogames I've tried when it comes to nakedness, loving and demon rape. In LfD there's a god drat Geiger monstrosity that uses a human torso as a fleshlight (I'm not kidding) in a middle of an orgy of people loving.

Despite that Steam is not recommending me any anime tiddies and I don't get it. Could it be that because I own a fuckload of a variety of games then the algorithm doesn't pick them out for me. My mom only has probably 100 games so far and as soon as four with bare breasts showed up it decided that she's really into anime tiddies?

And just for fun, here's the trailers for Lust for Darkness. It's :nws: and out on PC and Switch. MS and Sony are prudes and refused it cert. We live in a timeline where Nintendo is ok with pretty much anything and the other two are cowards and I find that greatly amusing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps_lWaNaqo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ustLPDAeyf4

Lodin fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 19, 2020

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Lodin posted:

Thing is, I've had the general filter off for ages and played Lust for Darkness

Just based on watching the trailer you linked I'm gonna go ahead and declare this the most powerful self own in the thread

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lodin posted:

Thanks, I'll look into this to see if I can help my mom.

Thing is, I've had the general filter off for ages and played Lust for Darkness and Agony, two of the craziest videogames I've tried when it comes to nakedness, loving and demon rape. In LfD there's a god drat Geiger monstrosity that uses a human torso as a fleshlight (I'm not kidding) in a middle of an orgy of people loving.

Despite that Steam is not recommending me any anime tiddies and I don't get it. Could it be that because I own a fuckload of a variety of games then the algorithm doesn't pick them out for me. My mom only has probably 100 games so far and as soon as four with bare breasts showed up it decided that she's really into anime tiddies?

And just for fun, here's the trailers for Lust for Darkness. It's :nws: and out on PC and Switch. MS and Sony are prudes and refused it cert. We live in a timeline where Nintendo is ok with pretty much anything and the other two are cowards and I find that greatly amusing.

Is this the moment where the thread jumps the shark

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

wow cool demon rape game dude

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's unclear from the wording of the post if the demon is the rapist or the victim. Assuming that the demon is the aggressor is playing into harmful stereotypes and I won't do it.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I feel unsettled.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toriel undermines your decisions, arguably even gaslighting you, tries to isolate you from others, and violently resists your attempts to leave. Im never sparing that person, much less asking them for forgiveness which is like the most abuser thing.

Also if you dodge her attacks well you'll never find out she starts trying to miss you.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
video games are p seldom about peeps w good me tal health

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Undertale is bad and I was genuinely underwhelmed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i wonder how many indie games out there are lame metaphors for overcoming anxiety and depression

i love celeste but that stuff is eyerolling to me. Like, its a super meatboy platformer.