Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I've been looking for a place like this! plenty of room, specialized areas for activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Extremely unique opportunity, indeed.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I think I misunderstood the premise of this thread.

I therefore apologize to the poster Jeffrey Dahmer. You're doing God's work, friend.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It goes downhill from here

Tea In A Shoe
Feb 1, 2009
I feel like everyone bidding on that place should be put on some sort of list

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1295226239821651970

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I know MO is a flyover state, but did the previous “residents” of that place provide free labor to flip it, because $350k for that is insanely low.

E: compared to prices in a location that people would actually want to live in.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cacafuego posted:

I know MO is a flyover state, but did the previous “residents” of that place provide free labor to flip it, because $350k for that is insanely low.

I really want to ask the realtor what the "Possibilities are amazing with this property." are because kinktorium seems like the only one.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Tongue twisters have gotten weird.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cacafuego posted:

Besides being in Missouri it's a maintenance trap. It's historical so you can't get rid of it fast enough after you get the first bill for masonry or fence repair, and probably need special permits to turn the jail into something besides a jail. Hope your jail kink is very specifically cheap Missouri jail variety.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

Besides being in Missouri it's a maintenance trap. It's historical so you can't get rid of it fast enough after you get the first bill for masonry or fence repair, and probably need special permits to turn the jail into something besides a jail. Hope your jail kink is very specifically cheap Missouri jail variety.

That's funny how they are strict in one regard, but let them turn the inside of the house into a souless, sterile McMansion.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cacafuego posted:

No you got it, it’s location. Looks like a small town 20-30 miles from Columbia.

Iirc, you’re in Florida. Does $350K seem too high for something like that 30 miles outside of the Orlando/Tampa/Gainesville suburbs?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AIWashburn/status/1295444929720721408

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Threat to kill wild boar that stole nude bather's laptop prompts outcry

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1295634572068020229

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Meh, call me when there's a man riding a real bobcat.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kennel posted:

Meh, call me when there's a man riding a real bobcat.

*googles men riding a cougar* eeek

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tei posted:

*googles men riding a cougar* eeek
The yellow bobcats are called lemons

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I mean, I get where the protesters are coming from, but wild boars are super dangerous and can gently caress up your entire day. Those tusks can slice you open faster than you can say "aw, you're cute, in a really ugly kind of way"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Big Ben stolen by killjoys after running

Coral Castle acuse Fortnite of stealing

Watch out mount rushmore - you can be next!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Well, it's already been stolen once

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://petapixel.com/2020/08/17/gigapixel-ai-accidentally-added-ryan-goslings-face-to-this-photo/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well that AI has a good taste in men.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's the funniest, least flattering picture of Gosling that I've ever seen lmao

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Baby Killdozer?!?!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Student who wrote story about biased algorithm has results downgraded

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Blue Moonlight posted:

Baby Killdozer?!?!

Australian Marvin Heymeyer looking pretty pathetic compared to his American counterpart.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
In Australia you call it a killy dozey.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Elviscat posted:

Australian Marvin Heymeyer looking pretty pathetic compared to his American counterpart.

You’re expecting an awful lot of a baby.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
The worst named CIA program - Gondola Wish

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00788r002000160011-2

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That document is loving INSANE seriously do yourself a favor and read it.

The Tl;dr is the CIA no poo poo thought the Soviets were using ESP to brain-tap scientists to gather intelligence

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Elviscat posted:

The Tl;dr is [spoiler]the CIA no poo poo thought the Soviets were using ESP to brain-tap scientists to gather intelligence

I mean, the CIA thought they were doing the same as well. Look up Ingo Swann, this guy was one of the progenitors of the american system of "remote viewing". He hoodwinked the military and the CIA for decades with his bullshit.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
the KGB also believed the CIA had espers ready to attack soviet VIPs

the cold war was hella dumb

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

StillFullyTerrible posted:

the KGB also believed the CIA had espers ready to attack soviet VIPs

the cold war was hella dumb
As a species we owe James Randi an unrepayable debt

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The movie "Men who stare at goats" isn't that interesting because it tries to be a comedy with a serious message, but the book with the same name is actually really funny look into those cold war paranoia-induced studies into paranormal and supernatural powers.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

What utter horseshit.
I use gigapixel now and then, and it does not arbitrarily add high level detail like that.
As you see in the rest of the image around the face, it just smooths out, denoises, and attempts to recreate detail it expects to be there.
It does not in any way just slide in faces into an image.

I really loving hate how people conflate and 'magic-ify' these neural net tools. (Of course, just for the sake of more click-throughs and views in this case.)
If it did arbitrarily smack in faces everywhere it would be a deepdream style nightmare every time you scaled something up.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The article mentions there's a setting to turn facial recognition off so I have to imagine there's a known problem with paredoila in their default training that they can purposefully suppress if you win the Ryan Gosling face lottery.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

The article mentions there's a setting to turn facial recognition off so I have to imagine there's a known problem with paredoila in their default training that they can purposefully suppress if you win the Ryan Gosling face lottery.

having the algorithm recognize that something is a face so it can behave appropriately is very, very different from having it guess who's face it is and pull images from outside to insert into the image

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The Bloop posted:

having the algorithm recognize that something is a face so it can behave appropriately is very, very different from having it guess who's face it is and pull images from outside to insert into the image

Yeah, and I'm assuming it just upscaled the blurs into an imagethat bears a resemblance to Ryan Gosling's, and not that it pulled in RyanGosling.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Ryan's famous lobsterlike skin is very recognizable.