Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The US is also much more vulnerable to easy to carry out infrastructure damage that would lead to a huge number of indirect deaths.

Given that so many bridges in this country are almost to the "don't blow on it funny" stage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Given that so many bridges in this country are almost to the "don't blow on it funny" stage...

I'm more worried about the dams.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm more worried about the dams.

That, plus the overloaded electrical system, and the 50-100 year old water system pipes, some made of wood!

Oh and all the water treatment plants that are vulnerable to floods and hurricanes.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

orange juche posted:

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the US who have these as well. Military equipment that has quietly gone missing from national guard stockpiles over the years most likely.

During the 70's and 80's number of weapons disappeared and ended up in PIRA hands. Including some M60s, some M16s, some M14s, and six M82s. For a long time the QE2 was the ship of choice for Irish arms smuggling.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Irish weren't nearly as well or ubiquitously armed as the US is. Sure, they had ~specialty~ items like plastique and RPGs, but nowhere near the guns and numbers. Pretty sure you could ratchet your numbers up by at least an order of magnitude.

And cordless drill technology is much improved.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hello, and thank you for bringing up terrible infrastructure.

As someone living about 100 miles down stream from the Hanford Nuclear Production Site that is currently full of rusting plutonium in containers that are also rusting, please let me take a moment of your time to share my feelings with you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Thomamelas posted:

During the 70's and 80's number of weapons disappeared and ended up in PIRA hands. Including some M60s, some M16s, some M14s, and six M82s. For a long time the QE2 was the ship of choice for Irish arms smuggling.

Ok that's kinda funny :haw:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1289996904802054150

Who the gently caress is this guy and why is he using a bunch of kids (including his brother) getting offed at Sandy Hook as his coattail ride to being in good graces with Donnie?

This reminds me of the families of the Colgan crash who put all their faith in Chuck Schumer and banged the drum for changes in the airline industry which really had no effect on anything, but sounded good.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

And that smarmy little poo poo who got into a smirking standoff with an indigenous vet at the Mall last year. In an ideal world, his presence would be a fundraiser with tickets sold to win a chance to slap that smirk off his face.

Do you get a discount for buying tickets to this in bulk? Asking for a friend.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

BigDave posted:

Ok that's kinda funny :haw:

Apparently it had a lot of Irish crew. The Irish Mob would acquire the guns, and they'd be loaded on in NYC. Then unloaded in Southampton and smuggled to Belfast. During the 80's the FBI broke up the QE2 route and they switched to fishing trawlers.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1289996904802054150

Who the gently caress is this guy and why is he using a bunch of kids (including his brother) getting offed at Sandy Hook as his coattail ride to being in good graces with Donnie?

That account posts support for everything and whatever trump tweets. Even the other day when trump tweeted something and then contradicted it later in the day.

It could literally be a bot account, that's how bad it is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah, that kid is in a triple way tie with Ben Shapiro and Ben Crowder for Most Punchable Face.

I'll give the little twerp a little more credit in that he hasn't segued it into a RW grift yet. That I know of

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Democrats are currently doing the roll call vote thing for the convention - but each state is doing it FROM their state. It's really, really loving cool.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1295901572904427520

This thing rules.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

facialimpediment posted:

Democrats are currently doing the roll call vote thing for the convention - but each state is doing it FROM their state. It's really, really loving cool.

This thing rules.

Fuckin A this does

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Y'all gotta see this poo poo once it gets posted. This poo poo's the most entertaining and wholesome political thing I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1295906277407809536

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CainFortea posted:

Hello, and thank you for bringing up terrible infrastructure.

As someone living about 100 miles down stream from the Hanford Nuclear Production Site that is currently full of rusting plutonium in containers that are also rusting, please let me take a moment of your time to share my feelings with you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I read how it was relatively late war when Hanford was built to produce plutonium but as so many workers had been drafted or were earning bank elsewhere they got those willing to work in the middle of nowhere. I’m sure some were ok, but local authorities would find bodies in dumpsters and tavern windows were designed to make it easy to toss tear gas inside. Also on the plus side: no meat rationing.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I thought she was gone. What the hell is this picture btw.

https://twitter.com/relentlessbored/status/1295890018913968129?s=21

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It's like a parody casting of The Addams Family.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Richard Bong posted:

What is wrong with their faces

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

And why are they using an outdated flag?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nystral posted:

Fuckin A this does

nothing says racial justice like nominating joe biden lol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lake of Methane posted:

And why are they using an outdated flag?

They’ll be deep in the cold, cold ground before they recognize Missouriah!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Y'all gotta see this poo poo once it gets posted. This poo poo's the most entertaining and wholesome political thing I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1295906277407809536

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Quahogs or Clamcakes or GTFO.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Richard Bong posted:

Why are rich people so hideous?!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

Why are rich people so hideous?!

You could sink the titanic with his chin

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

orange juche posted:

You could sink the titanic with his chin

I swear he looks just like Max Headroom.

The WGN signal hijacking version.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BigDave posted:

I swear he looks just like Max Headroom.

The WGN signal hijacking version.

:laffo:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You could open a drive-in theater with his forehead. And she could open a jewelry stand that specializes in quartz and turquoise right next to the concession stand.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It occurred to me to be a little (and not in a good way) impressed with how Pence has managed to stay around. Something no one else has been able to do. He must be a suckup of the highest order. A brown-noser whose skill must border on precognition.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dude looks like Robbie Rotten and Johnny Knoxville had a baby.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'll give the little twerp a little more credit in that he hasn't segued it into a RW grift yet. That I know of

Isn't this the kid who started skiing for why we need more guns after sandy hook?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Not sure this is legal:

(American Samoa announcing their delegate allotment.)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PeterCat posted:

Not sure this is legal:

(American Samoa announcing their delegate allotment.)

Correct, it's all over miltwitter as Very Bad. The DNC could've mitigated it with a disclaimer (which they had been using), but it's not probably not great for those E4s. But then again, Donnie's been using troops as props for a very long time.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

This thing rules.

I guarantee Trump doesn't understand how this is different than his church stunt

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

What is wrong with their faces

That's what happens when you hit "generate similar face" a couple times.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
That’s a dumb way to get in Army trouble(on their part). I hope they don’t get hosed too hard.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m trying to be outraged at those dumb E-4’s but I just don’t loving care.

Sometimes E-4’s do dumb poo poo. That’s why they’re E-4’s, they can be corrected with counseling, and be back at their menial tasks in minutes.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Greens might not make the ballot in Wisconsin:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1295884214609510401?s=19

What's amazing is that the reason is over signature paperwork being turned in with multiple addresses for the Green's VP candidate, which was apparently due to moving apartments - but instead of replying to the election commission and providing a date for the change of address, the Greens just... didn't respond.

truly a competent political organization

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

The Eyes Have It posted:

It occurred to me to be a little (and not in a good way) impressed with how Pence has managed to stay around. Something no one else has been able to do. He must be a suckup of the highest order. A brown-noser whose skill must border on precognition.
Trump just can't make Pence leave is all. So if Pence wants to wander off for a month so Trump forgets he exists, he can.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That makes more sense. I guess I assumed the VP was like any other staffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’m trying to be outraged at those dumb E-4’s but I just don’t loving care.

Sometimes E-4’s do dumb poo poo. That’s why they’re E-4’s, they can be corrected with counseling, and be back at their menial tasks in minutes.

Shim I have a very important post for you

A box just turned up on my door:

I stared at it for a while trying to think who in NZ has my address, knows what I call him, and what it might be. I came up short, so I opened it.

You have got to be loving kidding. This box has been sitting somewhere in the USA for eight months and made its way back here?

At roughly the same time as two NZ post workers tested positive for covid? :tinfoil:

So at least it didn't get lost!!

The jerky was looking surprisingly good for 8 months old, but i threw it out regardless. Get me your details - I guess the ones you gave me were no good - and ill do more jerky and send it to you.