Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

cuppy tea posted:

The west and the Abrahamic religions control the loving planet, they are trying to force end times prophecies. Trump looking at the sky and saying "I am the chosen one" and the book of revelations about the followers of the false prophet and the frogs (pepe) and Jared Kushner owning the 666 building with the RFID 'Lucent' technology company. There was even a post in like '05 saying Kushner was the antichrist before he was known. Look up the Paul Bonacci video where he talks about Michael Aquino's plan to bring about the antichrist. It's obnoxious when you rotelearn Correct Opinions and ignore what's obviously going on because it's off brand based on some I f*cking love science college rationalist consumer human centipede apple store cattle bullshit. That response was pure dats racist what about the poc and why western centric my professor tol me

You almost lost us with the UFO stuff so welcome back :glomp:

I've actually not been to university. my Western studies professors were shitposts on these here forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
I believe in cuppy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Lord_Denton/status/1296034701803761664

nut
Jul 30, 2019

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Happy Thread posted:

But have you thought about the inverse? Besides those who commit evil... what if being tortured activates junk DNA? And what behaviors would make sense for a brain to unlock due to experiencing torture?

Everything that's come out about MKULTRA suggests that using extreme torture produces dissociation in the victim. Work on Multiple Personality Disorder (now Dissociative Identity Disorder) in public science supports the assertion that exposure to extreme turmoil results in dissociation. Having broken many many people down, the iffier part to understand from what's available was whether or not the CIA learned ways to build up new personalities/memories in the tortured. PMJ has brought up the letter from Jolly West to Sidney Gottlieb suggesting that he had successfully reprogrammed a human.

Contextualizing what we know with a potential blackmail coercion program, you might suspect that targets of epstein's honeypots might have also experienced some extreme turmoil/dissociation (at least the individuals forced to participate/assuming some were forced to participate).

Keep in mind that only a fraction of MKULTRA docs were released that had been copied and stashed in a buttfuck nowhere CIA post. The vast majority were destroyed on Gottlieb's command. I say this because there is something that has always disturbed me about Artichoke/MKULTRA reports on LSD testing and torture etc. What we know of was overwhelmingly, almost entirely, experimentation on adults. There are a couple chronic LSD exposure experiments we know happened to children through the CIA using fronts to fund university researchers.

The thing is, for longer than the CIA has existed, we have known that if you want to shape the brain and behaviour, it's easier to do earlier in life. It's total speculation, but I suspect there were many more programs involving children than we'll ever know. It would almost be ignorant of any science to not look earlier in life if your dream was to shape the human and you were completely ignoring ethical concerns. We get a glimpse of this with the stories of Epstein grooming, but more in the Franklin Cover-up and Craig Spence in Washington (children being giving a ton of drugs and regularly exposed to trauma). Maybe this was how the CIA experimented? The CIA also "researched" sexual trauma if I'm not mistaken, if not through MKULTRA, than through today in black sites where they shock people's nuts. Conversely, I believe the research on adults was more focused on getting answers/altering memories/goals that would necessitate the victim be an adult with an important job.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Happy Thread posted:

When you recall something, you don't literally feel it again, you just know what it was. Is that really so different from recalling things that you've read about and imagined in detail?

Trauma is stored physiologically. Being "triggered" means quite literally reactivating the flight/fight/freeze response that occurred during the trauma as a consequence of recollection of the trauma (even if that recollection is subconscious).

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The dollop did an ep on George Hunter White and the early CIA acid culture was insane. Everyone secretly dosing everyone else in the office and bringing it home to spike your friends drinks for lols. also in googling this dudes name i got a link to wikispooks https://wikispooks.com/wiki/George_White i wonder if its not some crank site. Clicking around and the pictures for articles are very funny.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

cuppy tea posted:

100%. Everyone needs to get this drilled into their heads and start mining for this stuff.

I'm dithering between whether it's just flexing, some actual form of encrypting plans or a religious rule based on the story of Jacob & Esau which basically says if you get scammed you deserved it. Like if they warn you and you 'let it happen' that absolves them of guilt. Also makes me think of vampire mythology about how they can only come into your house if you let them in.

To add onto this, media is largely, if not wholly, innocuous in terms of producing genuine challenges to societal power structure. But culture and consumption and media are some of the only things within a normal person's sphere of influence, so they give us something to genuinely care about and affect with perceived results at a safe distance from larger powers. Media narratives that challenge hegemonic institution provide a safe and easy to consume rebellion that, I have to imagine, sates some part of the human psyche. The NBA has put BLM messaging everywhere, including the backs of players jerseys, successful celebrity athletes literally appearing to shoulder to weight of institutional racism, but what will any of the PR do to change things? Sayings include "vote", "education reform", and "say their names", but nobody's jersey says, "defund" or "abolish". Regardless, it's pretty much human to look at it as a powerful and meaningful statement, but will it change anything?

To bring the example back into the post/thread context, you could probably make a movie that explicitly spells out how major world tragedies were planned and people would nod and say, "I knew it". If I'm not mistaken, the 2016 movie Operation Avalanche is a mockumentary about how the moon landing could be faked.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
welp just came upon Skorzeny in the Chaos book and a beautiful stalk has sprouted from the crack in my brain and bloomed into a flower with a loud ping

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

nut posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the 2016 movie Operation Avalanche is a mockumentary about how the moon landing could be faked.

gonna have to watch this now. sounds like fun

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

nut posted:

but nobody's jersey says, "defund" or "abolish". Regardless, it's pretty much human to look at it as a powerful and meaningful statement, but will it change anything?

There's a BLM ground mural in Newark, New Jersey.

The mayor, Ras Baraka, convened a group of local artists and art students. Actually the artists and students were happy to slap down some platitude but the mayor said, "No, make it say Abolish White Supremacy."

In case anyone was laboring under the impression that those murals were painted without the consent and direction of the municipality's mayor.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's a BLM ground mural in Newark, New Jersey.

The mayor, Ras Baraka, convened a group of local artists and art students. Actually the artists and students were happy to slap down some platitude but the mayor said, "No, make it say Abolish White Supremacy."

In case anyone was laboring under the impression that those murals were painted without the consent and direction of the municipality's mayor.

what does abolish white supremacy mean in terms of legislation or political change? Why doesn't it say abolish the police?

e: don't get me wrong, I think it's good on the mayor, I'm just playing devil's advocate

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it means to abolish amerikkka

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

nut posted:

what does abolish white supremacy mean in terms of legislation or political change? Why doesn't it say abolish the police?

It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't say Abolish the Police because that's an actionable statement. Abolish White Supremacy, on the other hand, boosts Baraka's re-election chances, wouldn't you think?

The slogan Black Lives Matter itself is very stupid. The whole movement is totally defanged. Black Lives Matter... ok, so what? To whom? Yes, and we already knew that. Yes, yes we all agree, everyone's on the same page here, black lives DO matter - and since we all agree really the problem doesn't exist or it's simply intractable.

They did away with the slogans that mattered, that could effect change: Black Power! Black Liberation! Black Power!

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i dunno if my counterargument even matters to be fair. I assume the more extreme the wording the more satisfying it is to read.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i dont have pms i will help u with the storys gh0st hit me up

talktomegh0st@gmail.com

none in this thread troll me please!

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I dunno what gh0st stories are but I want to find out

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

i dont have pms i will help u with the storys gh0st hit me up

talktomegh0st@gmail.com

none in this thread troll me please!

will be in touch after work (6 30pm GMT)!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

doing a dive back into 9/11 for the first time in years, by chance trueanon RT'd this just now

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1295916404630343680?s=19

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Happy Thread posted:

Whether or not that's literally true of DNA or epigenetics, maybe it could be true of the resulting adult brain? Couldn't there just as easily be undiscovered junk modules or processes of the brain that have that same latent or delayed effect on behavior when triggered during life?

But have you thought about the inverse? Besides those who commit evil... what if being tortured activates junk DNA? And what behaviors would make sense for a brain to unlock due to experiencing torture?

we're all having a good time here but please don't use "junk DNA" as a biological version of unobtanium. even the phrasing "junk DNA" is based on misunderstanding.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

I dunno what gh0st stories are but I want to find out

https://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

I did not have sexual relations with that women!

This sick motherfucker is endorsing gropey Joe at the DNC is the most democrat thing ever.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

doing a dive back into 9/11 for the first time in years, by chance trueanon RT'd this just now

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1295916404630343680?s=19

https://twitter.com/obstacle_2/status/1295796953154904064?s=21

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

we're all having a good time here but please don't use "junk DNA" as a biological version of unobtanium. even the phrasing "junk DNA" is based on misunderstanding.

i was gonna make a bit of an effortpost on that, but yeah. that about sums it up. as a biologist it sounds like bullshit. additionally i'd add that given what we do know about non-coding dna (including introns, recognition sites, binding sites for promoters, residues that give DNA secondary structure allowing it to be more easily packaged with histones... there's tons more too) we're learning more every day about its functions. opening the door to some secret cabal unlocking special "junk dna" using rituals or whatever is a tacit admission that there's a secret organization of microbiologists that have a level of understanding of genetics that absolutely dwarfs the entire body of human public knowledge. this then begs the question of how this cabal reached these conclusions, which will lead you eventually to either aliens or magic.

it really feels like starting with a conclusion (secret cabal with superpowers unlocked using the mind), then backtracking to a biologically relevant cause based on where our gaps in knowledge are.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

whoah was looking for something to listen to for dutroux

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hooplah posted:

i was gonna make a bit of an effortpost on that, but yeah. that about sums it up. as a biologist it sounds like bullshit. additionally i'd add that given what we do know about non-coding dna (including introns, recognition sites, binding sites for promoters, residues that give DNA secondary structure allowing it to be more easily packaged with histones... there's tons more too) we're learning more every day about its functions. opening the door to some secret cabal unlocking special "junk dna" using rituals or whatever is a tacit admission that there's a secret organization of microbiologists that have a level of understanding of genetics that absolutely dwarfs the entire body of human public knowledge. this then begs the question of how this cabal reached these conclusions, which will lead you eventually to either aliens or magic.

it really feels like starting with a conclusion (secret cabal with superpowers unlocked using the mind), then backtracking to a biologically relevant cause based on where our gaps in knowledge are.

I had to actively stop myself from starting a lecture about epigenetics in that post, so thanks for this. it makes me think of the whole god-of-the-gaps fallacy.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Hooplah posted:

I’ll bet this guy doesn’t even know the earth is hollow :rolleyes:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

The junk DNA part definitely seems like a pointless pit to fall down, but it's just mechanism. The idea that trauma and violence affect both the victim and perpetrator is long known from psychological and behavioural research. The question of mechanism is mainly a scientific one. If someone was more prone to occult reasoning, for example, they would simply be happy that the system works and not care of the molecular details, from what I can understand.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nut posted:

It's total speculation, but I suspect there were many more programs involving children than we'll ever know.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i mean think about an abused spouse and how many times you hear about the control their partners keep them under thru prolonged abuse and manipulation. seems academic to me that inflicting sustained physical/mental damage on a person will break them down until they are no longer themselves, no longer have their own agency as such. but yes the question is can a subject be then "rebuilt" as a tool who believes itself to have agency until they are triggered by particular inputs. i think they've done/do it plenty of times tbh. bobby k, joe colombo, paddock et al.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

nut posted:

Everything that's come out about MKULTRA suggests that using extreme torture produces dissociation in the victim. Work on Multiple Personality Disorder (now Dissociative Identity Disorder) in public science supports the assertion that exposure to extreme turmoil results in dissociation. Having broken many many people down, the iffier part to understand from what's available was whether or not the CIA learned ways to build up new personalities/memories in the tortured. PMJ has brought up the letter from Jolly West to Sidney Gottlieb suggesting that he had successfully reprogrammed a human.

Contextualizing what we know with a potential blackmail coercion program, you might suspect that targets of epstein's honeypots might have also experienced some extreme turmoil/dissociation (at least the individuals forced to participate/assuming some were forced to participate).

It's not a honeypot if you're forced to participate in it, so unless you meant Epstein's victims rather than his targets, accept that MKULTRA and collecting blackmail are different ops. The CIA wasn't reprogramming the people they sold coke too either.

The difference between believing something is evil and believing something is satanic is that satanic forces are of unitary purpose, working towards one goal with their every action, and also they are imaginary.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

nut posted:

whoah was looking for something to listen to for dutroux

buckle tf up

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's not a honeypot if you're forced to participate in it, so unless you meant Epstein's victims rather than his targets, accept that MKULTRA and collecting blackmail are different ops. The CIA wasn't reprogramming the people they sold coke too either.

Yeah I didn't know what word to use because I don't know what adults were there by choice or coerced (and how those intentions may have changed upon continued involvement) nor was I looking to assert how the pie of power is sliced into different ops. I probably used ultra too broadly here, but didn't want to discount the breadth of scope of the ideas behind it.

I dunno much about how occult and satanism fit into all of this stuff, it's part of why I'm reading the visup book.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I snagged a copy of dark star rising as mentioned by Brace in a recent ep. It's subtitle suggests it's about Power and Magick in the age of Trump but I thought it was a pretty big bust of a book. I found that parts of it are either about big figures in occult history that are only tangentially connected to trump or someone he knows, or the inverse, where bannon or alexander dugin are discussed at length and then weakly connected back to occultists (primarily through quotes where the former call the later inspirations or smart).

just a buyer beware in case anyone else was thinking about it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Hooplah posted:

i was gonna make a bit of an effortpost on that, but yeah. that about sums it up.

not all certainly, but many of the things schizophrenics and apophenia-addled conspiracy theorists talk about begin to make sense when you read them as metaphors being used because the person lacks the knowledge and vocabulary to properly identify or articulate the underlying causes of a pattern that actually does exist

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

nut posted:

I dunno much about how occult and satanism fit into all of this stuff, it's part of why I'm reading the visup book.

It's two ways

First, the one I was talking about, where people like us, looking on the actions of the billionaire pedophiles ruling the world with a poo poo-eating grin, take a "satanic" view of their evil, where we think it's unitary, that everything they've ever done is interconnected and shares a single goal, and that they are behind everything bad, like tv shows we don't like. This is a natural mistake for anyone to make. Think of religious people and groups who say every single thing they don't personally like is a plot of satan. We've been doing poo poo like since before history.

The second way is newer, only as old as civilization: shared following of morals serves to bond groups publicly, but shared transgression against those can also bond smaller groups within the moral-bonded ones. If we all, even just metaphorically, commit a crime together, then we're all in it together. Elite transgression-bonded groups tend to develop mythologies that their elite status justifies or is justified by a "liberation" from the public morals. And there you go, laveyan satanism.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

post-satanism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Msfs2020 has shown definitively that it was not a plane that hit the Pentagon