Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Spoeank posted:

BLODO GOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spoeank posted:

*bangs on table*

BLOOD GOD! BLOOD GOD! BLODO GOD!

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1296116404102533121

should have cut aaron before he could do any more damage

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

rod... blodogodovich

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Spoeank posted:

*bangs on table*

BLOOD GOD! BLOOD GOD! BLOOD GOD!

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1296116404102533121

https://twitter.com/BillHuberSI/status/1296120835221184520

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1296121779996561416?s=21

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Falcons were ahead of their time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

looking forward to the patriots cheating scandal where a "rogue" audio engineer "accidentally" goes 20 decibels louder than what is permitted

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ehud posted:

looking forward to the patriots cheating scandal where a "rogue" audio engineer "accidentally" goes 20 decibels louder than what is permitted

the speakers will create constructive interference that mysteriously is centered on the opposing o-line with nulls around the line judges.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ehud posted:

just a constant 120 dB fart noise while the jets offense is on the field

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Professor Funk posted:

just a constant 120 dB fart noise while the jets offense is on the field

but enough about adam gase's play calling!!!!!!!!!!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Spoeank posted:

but enough about adam gase's play calling!!!!!!!!!!

that's the joke :)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Didn't the Chiefs just lose a backup CB to an torn ACL? Getting a little thin there.

That guy wasn't getting playing time and this Breeland news isn't new

https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1296118887294152707?s=21

Also allowing suspensions for weed to be enforced after you made it okay is hilarious

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1296128481848373251?s=19

Print the goddamn shirts

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Also allowing suspensions for weed to be enforced after you made it okay is hilarious

Wait, he was suspended for weed, but weed is no longer on the banned substance list so future players won't be suspended for it, but they're still enforcing his suspension?

NFL really is a microcosm of America.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ah, that magical moment when a QB goes from "bust" to "veteran".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

a 7th round pick can't bust you insane person

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/CameronNewton/status/1296120381896613889?s=19

Friendship ended with Thomas

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
There was a groundswell of hype for Siemian that lasted a while because he beat out Paxton Lynch for the Broncos job. Along with the big Osweiler contract, pretty funny to think about.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who considers a 7th round compensatory draft pick a bust? For a guy that was nearly undrafted and played for some poo poo teams, he’s been okay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm fine with Siemian, he's not starter-quality but he's probably one of the better back-up options available, especially considering our other options aren't looking that good.

I mean, we've had Cassel and Gabbert backing up Mariota, I'll gladly take Siemian.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rodger Sherman has mentioned it before, but Siemian actually being able to perform as a NFL starter is so loving weird because between the time I was accepted into undergrad at Northwestern and when I graduated he was legitimately the fourth-best starting QB to play for the team out of four, and he wasn't close to being third

Nov 6, 2002

poo poo I thought he was drafted in the 1st, I guess I was thinking of Paxton Lynch.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

He was going to a nail salon

I don't see what the problem is. I went to a nail salon last Saturday.

A pedicure is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to a podiatrist for a hang nail.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wasn't Siemian Mr. Irrelevant?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Better Than You posted:

Almost. He was 250 overall, and the first comp pick of the 7th, and that draft had 256 picks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Better Than You posted:

You're thinking of when Swag Kelly got that honor

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I get it though. The transition from young mediocre at best QB to oh their a vet is always funny.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Wait, he was suspended for weed, but weed is no longer on the banned substance list so future players won't be suspended for it, but they're still enforcing his suspension?

NFL really is a microcosm of America.

There's a financial incentive because they don't have to pay him while he's suspended. Kind of like how there's an incentive financially to give nonviolent 1st time drug offenders maximum sentences and institutionalize them so that stockholders for private prisons can make a little bit more money at the expense of the overall health of the country.

Yay!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1296163298036068356?s=20

Lombardi is annoying as poo poo but I feel like he's decently plugged in. I predict he's going to *spins wheel* the Raiders.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 19, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If it's Lombardi and it isn't bullshit, then it's probably either the Raiders or Patriots.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I can't believe thst we are not all talking about why Jared Goff has a roommate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Professor Funk posted:

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1296163298036068356?s=20

Lombardi is annoying as poo poo but I feel like he's decently plugged in. I predict he's going to *spins wheel* the Raiders.

Pls be to Chargers.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I can't believe thst we are not all talking about why Jared Goff has a roommate

I mean the guy doesn't know which way the sun sets it probably makes sense to keep a pair of eyes around at all times to make sure he doesn't stick his hands on the hot stove or whatever

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kalli posted:

If it's Lombardi and it isn't bullshit, then it's probably either the Raiders or Patriots.

I'm not sure the Patriots(or for that matter, Dolphins/Giants/Lions) would spend a high pick and salary on an OLB without much coverage experience. Belichick at least really seems to try to buy low on guys he has to teach or project on that kind of stuff.

Nov 6, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm not sure the Patriots(or for that matter, Dolphins/Giants/Lions) would spend a high pick and salary on an OLB without much coverage experience. Belichick at least really seems to try to buy low on guys he has to teach or project on that kind of stuff.

I kinda agree. He would rather buy low on someone who's being misused by his coaches than spend a 2nd on a proven player.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're thinking of when Swag Kelly got that honor
Ah you're right

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It would make sense that next year's draft picks are just going to be worthless. But I mean, it's Lombardi, if he has any sources, it's gonna be Pats or Raiders.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Also Gruden and Mayock are insane, so who knows what they’d do.

Granted, it’s a brave new world for Belichick too, so I wouldn’t totally count him out.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Preemptive: stop trading with the Patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Raku posted:

I mean the guy doesn't know which way the sun sets it probably makes sense to keep a pair of eyes around at all times to make sure he doesn't stick his hands on the hot stove or whatever

This is especially egregious in Los Angeles where no matter where you go you somehow know where the ocean is, which is where the sun sets, which is the west side