Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm just saying, I don't think it's likely the Pats traded for him, it's just that if Lombardi isn't making GBS threads out of his mouth, he's talking about one of the two teams he worked for. We don't count the browns because nobody who worked there when he did is still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I'm just saying, I don't think it's likely the Pats traded for him, it's just that if Lombardi isn't making GBS threads out of his mouth, he's talking about one of the two teams he worked for. We don't count the browns because nobody who worked there when he did is still there.

You don't think he has any connections with the Patriots staff and coaches that have been scooped up by Detroit or Miami?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yannick is going to be a Tit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In case we're wondering how real Mike's info is, here's Mike responding to an AdarnSchefter_01 Yanno to the Ravens tweet:

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1296180307473899522

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You don't think he has any connections with the Patriots staff and coaches that have been scooped up by Detroit or Miami?

I generally think he sucks bad enough that until he demonstrates he has 'em, I'll presume he's got no friends there.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 19, 2020

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Well I hope it’s real!

https://twitter.com/mlombardinfl/status/1296182925478764545?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sure. Although I think Clowney for cash over a 1st for Yannick is way better value. Yan cant be extended.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Heh...

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1296177318319267844?s=20

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I can't believe thst we are not all talking about why Jared Goff has a roommate

Jalen Ramsey had one too!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is a great fit IMO

adam gase is best known for his ability to relate to outspoken players with strong personalities

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Adam Gase, coacher of defensive players. He probably doesn't even speak to them ever lol.

e:This is not a defense of Gase. He bad.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kalli posted:

It would make sense that next year's draft picks are just going to be worthless. But I mean, it's Lombardi, if he has any sources, it's gonna be Pats or Raiders.

I could see 3rd day picks getting swapped for boxes of toilet paper, but if anything I could see the earlier picks if anything being worth more. If teams are out there bidding for a small selection of blue chip players and they're doing so after losing $40m+ in salary cap space I could see a 2nd still being pretty worthwhile.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Adam Gase, coacher of defensive players. He probably doesn't even speak to them ever lol.

e:This is not a defense of Gase. He bad.

I mean... do I have to say it?

Jamal Adams.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean... do I have to say it?

Jamal Adams.
Like I said, he doesn't even speak to the defensive players, as Adams noted.

"At the end of the day, he doesn't address the team," Adams added. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing s----- and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

If the Jets are trading for Yannick, it's because Douglas and Gregggg want it to happen.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Jets would be dumb to acquire [good player X] because Adam Gase is bad. In addition, the Jets are a dumb franchise because they do not acquire enough good players. It is known.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Like I said, he doesn't even speak to the defensive players, as Adams noted.

"At the end of the day, he doesn't address the team," Adams added. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing s----- and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

yeah but this sort of reinforces why a guy like Ngakoue is a tough fit for a Gase coached team

actually the more I think about it, there is no good fit for Gase coached team

he's just a miserable, lovely coach!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets would be dumb to acquire [good player X] because Adam Gase is bad. In addition, the Jets are a dumb franchise because they do not acquire enough good players. It is known.

being a fan of a team that constantly shoots itself in the face sucks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Interesting photo choice...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1296189232034308099?s=20

Edit: looks like he took it down:

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 19, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am hearing that Ngakoue will go to the Cincinnati Bengals

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Cincinnati Bengals have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That's My Quarterback

https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1296211598755811328?s=19

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Tyrod was the one thing Rex got right in Buffalo.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I have never been convinced tyrod wasn't actually the best qb on every team he's been on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tyrod for MVP

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh god, I just read the circumstances of Breeland's arrest and it's such penny-ante bullshit.

And he was probably close to being another name getting chanted at BLM marches.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When I first watched the video of Breeland with that cop I was like holy poo poo that ends in a dude getting shot more often than not

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1296227947989303297?s=19

Lmao half a billi was a bargain

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jets grabbing YN for a 2nd is a great great move cmon guys don’t be silly

Gase sucks but that dudes talented enough to be a piece for whoever replaces him

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

He has such a god drat weird throwing motion, and yet it turns into a laser guided missile

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

He has such a god drat weird throwing motion, and yet it turns into a laser guided missile

His throwing motion reminds me a ton of Elway's. Same kind of low-ish delivery + quickness, and absolutely freakish strength/velocity even when throwing across his body. Rodgers isn't super far off either, or at least wasn't at one point.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Patrick Mahomes to me seems like some kid who saved a magic frog or something and got a wish from it.

His entire career the past few years, particularly with his weirdly childish voice, seems like wish fufilment to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

Patrick Mahomes to me seems like some kid who saved a magic frog or something and got a wish from it.

His entire career the past few years, particularly with his weirdly childish voice, seems like wish fufilment to me.

The cursed twist is that the kid must speak like said frog

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No see someone kissed a frog and then the frog turned into Mahomes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

His throwing motion reminds me a ton of Elway's. Same kind of low-ish delivery + quickness, and absolutely freakish strength/velocity even when throwing across his body. Rodgers isn't super far off either, or at least wasn't at one point.

I saw herbert throwing at camp and it was a traditional throwing motion and I was very confused to see that from a Chargers QB

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Rodger Sherman has mentioned it before, but Siemian actually being able to perform as a NFL starter is so loving weird because between the time I was accepted into undergrad at Northwestern and when I graduated he was legitimately the fourth-best starting QB to play for the team out of four, and he wasn't close to being third

this is true, northwestern had been pumping out unstoppable, undersized, pesky qbs who ran around for ages and siemian was just a big statue who threw and not nearly as cool as Kain Colter.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Spoeank posted:

The cursed twist is that the kid must speak like said frog

come on, who doesn't take that trade

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would like the Miami football dolphins to sign that gentlemen from jax even though it might not be a scheme fit. Send a two but preferably a 3 and some change over, front load a 3 year contract and see if you can buy some sacks

I think the draft is going to he a real crapshoot, the missed year of development for alot of guys is going to be huge.

Curious to see if/when the NFL announces a date change for the declaration cut. I'm sure college players would like to know

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

kiimo posted:

No see someone kissed a frog and then the frog turned into Mahomes

It was Tom Brady, after reading an online article (written by A. Prince) about the natural health benefits of frog-kissing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Makes sense, Brady will kiss anything.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn/status/1296434579767787522?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

does anyone have any news to share on the buffalo football team's stadium?