Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat it, the Goodstein The Looter YouTube channel (which had Ronnie singing drunk karaoke and iirc his Wheels audition) got taken down. :smithicide:

idk why people don't find alternative sources for the show. I've got everything I'll ever want to watch on a hard drive, personally. Never have to worry about anything being taken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

idk why people don't find alternative sources for the show. I've got everything I'll ever want to watch on a hard drive, personally. Never have to worry about anything being taken down.

I do, as well:

But the nice part about channels like the aforementioned Goodstein the Looter is just being able to effectively "randomize" the archive, a pre-evolved Sternthology if you will.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Moniker posted:

when I first got big into Howard four years ago or so, YouTube was all I needed. it didn't matter if a channel got taken down because it'd be re-uploaded by at least two other channels on the same day. that's where my collection started, then of course I discovered Todd Packer and the HTVOD collections.....but still, YouTube is a pretty good and convenient source of bits, though it feels like these days there's a lot less and the videos are taken down more frequently

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sand Monster posted:

I do, as well:

But the nice part about channels like the aforementioned Goodstein the Looter is just being able to effectively "randomize" the archive, a pre-evolved Sternthology if you will.

Doug Z:\ Goodstein.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I have a lot of stuff downloaded, but it is super convenient to fire up YouTube on any device and search for bit I want to hear. Or be suggested a new big I forgot or never heard. You know, what Howard 360 was supposed to be...

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

I have a lot of stuff downloaded, but it is super convenient to fire up YouTube on any device and search for bit I want to hear. Or be suggested a new big I forgot or never heard. You know, what Howard 360 was supposed to be...

The technology just isn't there yet. Plus, Howard prioritized his work on the remake of "Porky's" and "Howard Stern: The High School Years" instead.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Doug Z:\ Goodstein.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

This technology is using sim cards....

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I used to be able to search for Howard Stern TV clips in YouTube and find tons of stuff. But In recent years they seem to be cracking down on them hard so I've been downloading them off YouTube as I find them.

Currently "Psycho Dirtbag" has been uploading a lot of good stuff. He also uploaded Eric the Midget's in-studio visit. It's one of the funniest Howard TV videos I've ever seen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SpMhE6F-anfC_HhMPtUN4Db2jeX5k1-B/view

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Setting up your own Plex server would allow you access to your audio and video files from anywhere. It also has a shuffle feature so its kinda like YouTube

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Setting up your own Plex server would allow you access to your audio and video files from anywhere. It also has a shuffle feature so its kinda like YouTube

I've got a huge Plex library with some Stern content that I'd be happy to share with some Goons. I wish the Stern stuff was more organized, but I have lot of clip collections.

Username Corbot3000

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I mean, sharing IS caring, right?

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat it, the Goodstein The Looter YouTube channel (which had Ronnie singing drunk karaoke and iirc his Wheels audition) got taken down. :smithicide:

He's got Goodstein the Looter 2 and Goodstein the Looter 3. He's still posting a ton of good stuff.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

YeahTubaMike posted:

I mean, sharing IS caring, right?

Brent is that you?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

nate fisher posted:

Brent is that you?

:golfclap:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Speaking of

https://old.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/ic0vqc/hatley_is_an_abused_cuck_husband/

love her comment at 0:24

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'd say it was all faked just to get some kind of talk stirred up for that abortion of a show, but much like with a lot of the antics from ETM, those two are not good enough actors to pull it off.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I'd say it was all faked just to get some kind of talk stirred up for that abortion of a show, but much like with a lot of the antics from ETM, those two are not good enough actors to pull it off.

I agree. That said, she does seem legitimately frustrated to me but I don't know her personally so I could be completely off base.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
She seemed kinda frustrated, but then the slap completely broke kayfabe lol

barnold fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 18, 2020

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
K: Stop bringing it up on the air
B: Okay
K Seriously, don't bring it up anymore
K: Because I'm so annoyed when you bring it up
K: [the worst, most poorly-executed slap I've ever seen in my life]

Moniker posted:

I agree. That said, she does seem legitimately frustrated to me but I don't know her personally so I could be completely off base.

She seemed frustrated but it also seemed like she was overblowing it a LOT. Either way, this is some "I'm assume you've been briefed"-level acting.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

"I'm assume you've been briefed"-level acting.

:roflolmao:

That's killer poo poo!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sand Monster posted:

:roflolmao:

That's killer poo poo!

No gently caress, poo poo, ream, blow?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
You worked for that prick Howard Stern?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
We're gonna lock the doors, and suck on each other's gen'als until our jaws are as worn out as Rosie O'Donnell's fork :haw:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Who's the guy that always called in and said "Hey, Howard, you hook-nosed jew bastard..."?

I remember that literally every time he did it, Howard and maybe Robin would always give a very half-hearted "awww" to it.

It was like it was choreographed.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 19, 2020

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hooknose Mike. I think the guy moved to Florida or some poo poo years ago and stopped calling in.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Who's the guy that always called in and said "Hey, Howard, you hook-nosed jew bastard..."?

I remember that literally every time he did it, Howard and maybe Robin with always give a very half-hearted "awww" to it.

Hook-nose Mike

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kylej posted:

Hooknose Mike. I think the guy moved to Florida or some poo poo years ago and stopped calling in.

Awwww...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kylej posted:

He worked for Bubba for a while as a producer I believe.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
If I recall, Howard eventually banned him. I seem to remember him asking a hard question, so Howard turned on him and said he was sick of his antisemitism and he was banned.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Stuttering John is suing Sirius lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kolby posted:

Stuttering John is suing Sirius lol

Is he asking for the money back? The money he used to pay for interview lessons?

quote:

Melendez, who left Stern’s radio show after more than 15 years in 2004 and became the announcer for NBC’s “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno,” accused Sirius of exploiting his celebrity to attract more listeners and advertising.

umm....isn't that why he was hired by Leno?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

umm....isn't that why he was hired by Leno?

I read it as him claiming that they're replaying old material with him now (on H100 & H101) to try and attract more listeners and advertising, and thus he's seeking compensation. I didn't investigate it but I'm assuming it's a similar claim like what Crispin Glover made about not being compensated for his likeness being used in BTTF2.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, he never worked for Sirius. There is also no question that his original employment contract with Howard claimed that Howard (or the station, can't remember how that worked out) owned all aired content for the show. I know Artie has complained in the past about not getting residuals from replays, but you know garbage radio contracts make suing impossible. I guess John is just that desperate now or found a lawyer willing to go pro-bono for the exposure.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Artie and Jackie have both also brought up that they think they deserve residuals. It seems like Howard owns the rights to all the shows and thus gets all the marbles.

This wouldn’t happen in TV of course but I don’t think a radio show has ever had replays of any significant monetary value before THSS.

Maybe this will set some sort of precedent. It might help out Jackie, Artie and John. They all seem to need the money.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

we've known this for for decades:

Someone wants a raise or needs help: I'd love to help but $TheCompany pays you, not me.

If you owe Stern money, like in a law suit: I own all this stuff so pay me!!!!!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bababooey

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

I remember that literally every time he did it, Howard and maybe Robin would always give a very half-hearted "awww" to it.

I thought that turned into a pretty funny gimmick, at least to me; after it became just like a "requirement" for him to greet Howard that way, he'd really quickly say "Hey there Howard, ya hooknosejewbastard Listen," and then go on to his thoughts. I could have been hearing things but I thought that he might have been part Jewish himself or something.

I also liked it when Howard would feign offense to it sometimes, "Oh...why you son of a bitch..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
My favorite was when he'd get Howard fired up and completely catch him off guard

Howard: Mike you're on the air
Mike: Hey now
Howard: Hey now!
Mike: HEY NOW
Howard: HEY NOOOOOW!!!
Mike: Good morning Howard you hook nose Jew bastard
Howard: Aww