Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Businessly Brunette
Season 17, Episode 17
Hayley takes off her headband and becomes a businesswoman; Stan plans a party.

Haven’t they already done this episode? :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hayley did get a job in my affair lady, but that was more about her having an affair then doing business stuff.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This week's episode was great finally got around to watching it. I don't know why but I howled laughing at Barry insulting Steve's clothing.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

Businessly Brunette
Season 17, Episode 17
Hayley takes off her headband and becomes a businesswoman; Stan plans a party.

Haven’t they already done this episode? :crossarms:

Excited to see what Jeff becomes when Hayley goes full #GirlBoss

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Great episode! My only gripe is the choice of Canadian stereotypes. They really went for the overplayed ones (they could've made all the canadians stoned for example)

They should've used the one from How i Met Your Mother about all Canadiens being terrified of the dark.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sky Crooner!

https://i.imgur.com/2uC9RQ0.mp4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I laughed like an idiot at the tossed enevelope accidentally slicing that person’s neck open.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't like this Francine...

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Clowthes fer teefth, evayribl ebrawher!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's me! Francine! Whazzzup?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't like this Francine...

That's too bad, because I love her.

Fish fish fish, fish? Fish...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Hayley's business attire was cute.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Marc Evan Jackson was actually doing a slight variation of his normal voice for the CEO and I almost didn't recognize him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hayley's business attire was cute.

Pretty much every outfit and look of hers is superior to her default one

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who was Tara Strong in the Canadian episode?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

This episode Sky Crooner was really sounding like Dr. Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown.

Edit: I'm also sad Roger didn't break back Reagenomics Lamborghini for this episode. That's one of the best names they've ever come up with.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 19, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The initial pitch drat near killed me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

limp_cheese posted:

This episode Sky Crooner was really sounding like Dr. Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown.

Edit: I'm also sad Roger didn't break back Reagenomics Lamborghini for this episode. That's one of the best names they've ever come up with.

Sky Crooner totally does cocaine. Like a lot.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Sky Crooner totally does cocaine. Like a lot.

So much cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

Who was Tara Strong in the Canadian episode?

The old Canadian lady. Tara Strong is another one of those voice actors with incredible range.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

limp_cheese posted:

Same VA, actually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The old Canadian lady. Tara Strong is another one of those voice actors with incredible range.

That's who I thought, and you're right. She mostly does cute characters, but she can totally do others.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

More rogu please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiEG_6N0QTA

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Can't get enough of that Denver accent

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I can't stop gagging about that loving floss scene

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"Have a beautiful time!" was always better than "Have a great night!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

limp_cheese posted:

When I was driving big long road trips up and down the US, I’d see a huge number of interstate exit signs with two town names listed. So many of them were amazingly spot on for Roger persona names.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Roger: I'm Inverness Wildwood, Homeopathic Herbalist.
Hailey: This isn't just some weird leaves you found in the woods, is it?
Roger: Hailey. When have I ever given my personas less than 100%? It pains me that you think I'd half-rear end this.
Hailey: I'm sorry, Roger. I shouldn't have doubted you.
Roger: Inverness Wildwood. You're not wrong, I did find these in the woods; BUT, I am a highly-trained homeopathic herbalist. I KNOW what to look for.
Hailey: It smells pretty good! But... It does sort of itch--
Roger: The woods is that ditch by the mall right? Lots of plants there. NnnnATURAL.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The_Doctor posted:

When I was driving big long road trips up and down the US, I’d see a huge number of interstate exit signs with two town names listed. So many of them were amazingly spot on for Roger persona names.

Waddy Peytona (in an extremely bitter dispute with other Roger persona Peytona Waddy for stealing his name)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The_Doctor posted:

These are all perfect.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

Forsyth Monticello is easily the strongest

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

I read every single one of these in Rogers voice.

Eldorado Omega, Erotic Science Fiction writer!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Incontinent Jai Alai instructor? Incontinent Jai Alai instructor!!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I read every single one of these in Rogers voice.

Eldorado Omega, Erotic Science Fiction writer!

Personally I was thinking that one should be used for an AEW crossover episode where it's Roger's wrestling alter ego, but he's absolutely poo poo at it and basically spends the entirety of his subplot getting his rear end beaten by AEW stars

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Chilly Thrillies
Season 17, episode 18
Francine explores ASMR with Roger. Steve gets a a pole in his head and a secret admirer.

As someone who digs ASMR, hell yeah.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

bull3964 posted:

Marc Evan Jackson was actually doing a slight variation of his normal voice for the CEO and I almost didn't recognize him.

He's actually from Buffalo and his whole voice is something he developed to not sound like he's from Buffalo.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I love a good Roger and Francine plot

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The_Doctor posted:

The Chilly Thrillies
Season 17, episode 18
Francine explores ASMR with Roger. Steve gets a a pole in his head and a secret admirer.

As someone who digs ASMR, hell yeah.
if this was a simpsons plot, i'd feel sad and think "wow what a fall from grace" but since this is american dad, i only feel ready to enjoy another fun romp with my favorite sitcom family

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Coaaab posted:

if this was a simpsons plot, i'd feel sad and think "wow what a fall from grace" but since this is american dad, i only feel ready to enjoy another fun romp with my favorite sitcom family

I dunno, according to Klaus the Simpsons has been getting good!

I think I might have said this before, but Francine and Roger episodes are my favorite. They just work so well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't know, this episode was kind of underwhelming. Also, ASMR gives me the shivers in a bad way.