Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure Deke's timeline would count as a What If, since that comic has always been speculative. We know it exists, so it's less "what if" and more "is".

MARVEL PRESENTS "IS" ONLY ON DISNEY+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What if Deke's timeline is the actual real MCU timeline

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deke's timeline is the 1998 Nick Fury movie.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wish there have been a few more episodes where the show tries to become an episodic procedural show but the weirdness of what the cast has been through just makes the new normal absurd. Reverse how the show started and show how the characters have outgrown the cliche plot lines of NCSI: Your City, State.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah you're right I should've said 'I wish they'd been able to' rather than wording it like I thought they didn't have the balls to bring back Deathlok or something.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Gelf posted:

I'm glad they managed to pull off what they did, interesting to know they wanted more, and it was like spinning plates in terms of project management - looks as though the 1930's attire and props cost way more than I would have reasonably expected which might help explain why it eventually stalled out in the 80's - but as an 80's kid I was more than happy with this outcome. I had assumed that most US network shows have a similar situation to the BBC where there's just a huge warehoused amount of historical props and clothing built up over the decades that any show can lease for a reasonable in-house cost. Is this not the case for US production? I know that sets get destroyed very quickly but never gave much thought before to period props and costumes.

I think pretty much everyone uses 3rd party rental places for that stuff rather than having in house stocks of stuff.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
1. Still irritated they almost never used Quake's powers to you know, cause quakes, instead of nonspecific air blasts.
2. This is stupid, but I also wish Mack or someone else would have gone "aren't you a little old for her? like ... 80 years?" to Sousa re: Daisy.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/08/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-takes-final-bow-with-high-octane-journey-through-time/

They gave some insight into how they did some of the special effects this season. And yes, they saved the budget for the finale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fitz's microverse helmet is available on WISH for like $50.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jetfire posted:

1. Still irritated they almost never used Quake's powers to you know, cause quakes, instead of nonspecific air blasts.
2. This is stupid, but I also wish Mack or someone else would have gone "aren't you a little old for her? like ... 80 years?" to Sousa re: Daisy.

I was kinda hoping Quake vs Malick would do a double quake and split the earth in two and we would be back at the same result when all of this time travel stuff started in Season 5, but then I remembered the show had to end.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A sledge hammer ending is an ending

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Azhais posted:

A sledge hammer ending is an ending

Trust me; I know what I'm doing.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

FogHelmut posted:

I was kinda hoping Quake vs Malick would do a double quake and split the earth in two and we would be back at the same result when all of this time travel stuff started in Season 5, but then I remembered the show had to end.

Oh man now I wish they'd done this, with everybody looking at the fractured earth and whining "not agaaaaaain"

ROLL CREDITS

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Did anyone else get Fyre Festival tent vibes from that room they were fighting in, too?

re: Quaking, I remember that one time Daisy blew apart a whole-rear end minefield around that one dude's trailer and it was the loving coolest thing. I can't remember a visually better use of her powers since then.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CornHolio posted:

hey if Sibyl could convert the archaeologist chronicoms into hunters, why couldn't she do that to Enoch instead of decommissioning him?

He took bold action.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just got through Season 4 on my rewatch and Aida was such a good villain. At times, it's a tossup between her and Ward as to who I think the best villain in SHIELD is.

Next up is the Kasius arc. yay.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Senerio posted:

Just got through Season 4 on my rewatch and Aida was such a good villain. At times, it's a tossup between her and Ward as to who I think the best villain in SHIELD is.

The correct answer is actually framework Fitz

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So, I didn't think of this much until he reappeared in the finale, but this "Flint" isn't actual Flint brought into the present from the future-dystopian timeline, he's a copy that Izel created, right? And so I guess he's just ... around, now?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don’t think too much about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

The correct answer is actually framework Fitz

The Doctor also rules. He's solidly a 1b behind Ward and Aida's alternating 1 and 1a.

This still puts him in the top 5 superhero tv show bad guys.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jetfire posted:

So, I didn't think of this much until he reappeared in the finale, but this "Flint" isn't actual Flint brought into the present from the future-dystopian timeline, he's a copy that Izel created, right? And so I guess he's just ... around, now?

He's probably (a copy of...) Flint from almost exactly when they left the future.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Yeah, for all intents and purposes he's the same person, brought back from future. But unlike Deke he's also still present in the now-abandoned future timeline that the team prevented.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're gonna call him Miles, because that future sucked and it's better to bury that part of the past.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh man, I just read that Ivanov (the Russian dude who was head of the watchdogs that AIDA made into an LMD) was supposed to evolve into MODOK and now I want another season. Apparently Marvel said to not do a full MODOK story for reason.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

swickles posted:

Oh man, I just read that Ivanov (the Russian dude who was head of the watchdogs that AIDA made into an LMD) was supposed to evolve into MODOK and now I want another season. Apparently Marvel said to not do a full MODOK story for reason.

His original head in the glass jar is still out there, isn't it?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

His original head in the glass jar is still out there, isn't it?

Yup! I smell spin off!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Marvel's Agents of M.O.D.O.K

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Marvel's Agents of M.O.D.O.K

gently caress it, give us Gwenpool, I'm here for Batroc and The Terrible Eye

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know there was discussion that he was going to be MODOK back when the season was airing, I think someone here even tossed it out as a possibility.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC there was a line about how he was designed for killing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

gently caress it, give us Gwenpool, I'm here for Batroc and The Terrible Eye

A Gwenpool animated show that is on the level of the Harley Quinn show would be amazing.

Actually isn't there supposed to be a animated Modok show with him voiced by Patton Oswalt?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Instead of traveling through comic book panels, live action Gwenpool should travel through the sets where the shows and films are shot, and communicate with the actors playing the characters. She can also fetch important objects from the prop department and gently caress around in the editing room.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sadly, Ivanov's original head was killed by Yo-Yo when her new hands malfunctioned and they took a dive out a window in that one research complex with the gravitonium infuser. The reason as to WHY he would leave himself so exposed was that he thought HE'D be the one first on scene and infusing himself with gravitonium.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I forgot how fuckin boring Kasius was. I'm sorely tempted to skip the Kasius arc but I am taking the low with the high.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kasius was a little bitch, but I liked everything around it, including how the rest of the Kree thought Kasius was a little bitch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC there was a line about how he was designed for killing.

Yeah he was obviously MODOK.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sinara was the only actually interesting villain in this arc.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/quake-reportedly-avengers-5/?fbclid=IwAR053DWJaEHWcR8_v4AFasGPALUSroS-c9wFl7TTrgIPXKK9r3fEtf8cres

Sorry for the annoying site video, but heck yes for this news!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That site is all cickbait. The reported that Brien Larsen had been recast for Endgame after the bad critical response to Captain Marvel. Ignoring that she shot Endgame first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I really wish a reputable source would confirm or deny it!