Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
One of the better Chrono Trigger cosplays I’ve seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Sorry if this has already been asked but is tossed salad and scrambled eggs in reference to eating rear end and sloppily gobbling balls? Because it makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

" all over my face!" - Dr. Frasier Kraing

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

No need to apologize.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

kntfkr posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked but is tossed salad and scrambled eggs in reference to eating rear end and sloppily gobbling balls? Because it makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

" all over my face!" - Dr. Frasier Kraing

originally the show was going to be about Fras attempting an entirely new career as the host of a televised cooking show, but the producer of the show (interestingly, already cast as Peri Gilpin but she was named Daphne) realizes at the last second before the pilot episode airs that Fras is only capable of cooking scrambled eggs, simple salads, and duck a l'orange. the show was, at the time, titled "Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs".

of course, this is a flimsy premise to hang a whole sitcom series on, so it was reworked several times into the show that we appreciate in this thread today. unfortunately, the guy who they had hired to do the music quit the show entirely, and they were forced to use their original theme song despite having no connection at all to the released version of the show

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh quit teasing them. Yes kntfkr, the song is about licking buttholes and balls.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Just looked up this guy and I mean how do you explain this, op?

Why does she have six nipples on her stomach

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They wanted a song that specifically didn't mention radio or psychiatry. The blues-a-callin' could refer to the people calling in to Frasier's show with their problems. Tossed salads and scrambled eggs are things that are "mixed up", like the callers and their various problems.

What is a boy to do!

MightyJoe36 posted:

Frasierthread: I was punched in the face by a man now dead.

Probed in the thread by a mod now banned

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Just looked up this guy and I mean how do you explain this, op?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYW-NXcwEq4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh quit teasing them. Yes kntfkr, the song is about licking buttholes and balls.

Something something, buttholes and balls!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Not a lot of networks would have taken a chance on a graphically explicit television program about an insatiable, pansexual radio psychiatrist who spends his nights sucking and loving his way through the social and cultural elite of the Sodom of Puget Sound, but NBC thought America was ready. 11 seasons of groin tingling/stomach churning late-night entertainment proves that they were correct!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I think we've got a problem with your brother Frasier.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

drat, the thumbnail turns him into Dr Phil

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
FLESH IS BURNING, DUH NUH NUH NUH NUH

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I just now realized he's supposed to be in costume as Sideshow Bob

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Of the Newport Chainsaws?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Also this was the song the band in Manchester played, it makes no sense that they'd be singing it later in the episode because the band above them was not the same guy that was in Manchester.

Talk about lazy writing!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Now I'm gonna have that tune in me head all day.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Kirby is not a bad character

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Kirby is not a bad character

I've always appreciated the delivery of this line:

'Can't? I seem to recall a young pupil named Kirby. He said "I can't" nary but months ago. But a certain man named Dr. Frasier Crane taught that pupil that he can do whatever he sets his mind to. And the name of that man, was YOU!'

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

It was weird how his mom just disappeared from the show entirely. Also her name changed at some point during. Is it Lorna or Lana, drat it Frasier.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Skratte posted:

It was weird how his mom just disappeared from the show entirely.

In one swoop the writers killed the mom and raised the dad from the dead

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Kirby is portrayed as this awful young person but he's canny and goal oriented

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Skratte posted:

Also her name changed at some point during. Is it Lorna or Lana, drat it Frasier.

:psyduck: how did I miss this

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Cigar. What a thing to have in a restaurant name. Just imagine, going in to this fancy posh restaurant and them bringing you out a plate of chopped up cigars, mmm delicious

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
So a salad?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bring your own wine and order the spicy Caesar!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Which really terrible episode should I watch tonight?? Like a really bad episode. Something with Daphne's family maybe?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Which really terrible episode should I watch tonight?? Like a really bad episode. Something with Daphne's family maybe?

it’s a personal favorite of mine but I’m pretty sure the consensus is that the parking garage is the worst episode ever

e: or the one where Niles is in the hospital from piloting the EVA a heart attack and the show forgets what comedy is for 22 minutes

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 21, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The worst Frasier episode is “Beware of Greeks”

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

oooooh poo poo yeah good call

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

it’s a personal favorite of mine but I’m pretty sure the consensus is that the parking garage is the worst episode ever

I like that one, I'm on record as defending it.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I've decided to watch "Moons Over Seattle"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not a bad choice, but Something About Dr. Mary is the worst episode.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

food court bailiff posted:

e: or the one where Niles is in the hospital from piloting the EVA a heart attack and the show forgets what comedy is for 22 minutes

I only remember that one from the punch line which is kind of worth it iirc

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I only remember that one from the punch line which is kind of worth it iirc

Yeah the first and third in this episode trilogy are good, the middle one is almost too serious to be taken seriously

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I really don't think anything from before season 9 is bad enough to be the worst, even the Greek one.

I think some people like the season 10 Halloween episode "Tales from the Crypt" where Frasier tries to scare Bulldog and Daphne's mom gets into a feud with an annoying kid, but I remember it being painful to watch in a way that even most bad episodes of Frasier usually aren't.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also, it feels like Frasier is one of those characters where you could drop most of the cast into basically any setting or situation and have a pretty good idea of how they react and things play out (see King of the Hill, Johnny Bravo) and EVA is one of those shows where you could drop pretty much any character cast into it and it's both recognisable and hilarious

Like, think about it. Star Trek, My Little Pony, Transformers, Batman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

I really don't think anything from before season 9 is bad enough to be the worst, even the Greek one.

I think some people like the season 10 Halloween episode "Tales from the Crypt" where Frasier tries to scare Bulldog and Daphne's mom gets into a feud with an annoying kid, but I remember it being painful to watch in a way that even most bad episodes of Frasier usually aren't.

I totally forgot about that one. You're right, that is the worst one.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The one where Frasier gives Martin a literal heart attack is also not very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The one where Frasier gives Martin a literal heart attack is also not very funny

Yeah I've gotten those confused in the past, mostly because I never wanted to watch them again, but they are indeed 2 separate episodes and the one featuring Daphne's mom is, by necessity, worse