Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ruffian Price posted:

how is it that the only thing people know edibles from is "this edible ain't poo poo" anecdotes and yet they fall for it over and over

y'all wanted the death trip. admit it

hell I've been smoking and eating edibles for a long time now, and I'll still sometimes eat an edible and think "this ain't doing poo poo" and try some more.

I think it's a mistake made mainly by people who haven't done it before, and people who have done it a lot. New folks for obvious reasons, experienced ones because they've had plenty of edibles that actually weren't that strong or didn't do anything, and they waited all evening to feel something but all they got was a funny aftertaste in their mouth, even though their friend had assured them that they were SUPER STRONK, so gently caress it let's eat more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If it's edible I'm going to eat all of it, drugs or not.

yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just remembered when I told a co-worker that if he took a box of cookies from the emergency cookie cupboard, I'd eat them all, and a half-hour later he came to me with a coffee in his hand and asked me where all the cookies were.

Like, very rude to imply I'm a liar.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I also know what it means to have to uphold a reputation like that and I do it vigorously

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t get why anyone would make a weed cookie that’s too strong for one person to eat without overdoing it.

just to get normal high should take like 8 cookies, why torture yourself with only being able to take one bite of a cookie?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Yeah you can't hand me a chocolate chip cookie and tell me to only eat a bite of it I'm fat as gently caress

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Snowy posted:

I don’t get why anyone would make a weed cookie that’s too strong for one person to eat without overdoing it.

just to get normal high should take like 8 cookies, why torture yourself with only being able to take one bite of a cookie?

it's because the industry isn't v well regulated and it can be difficult to produce consistent dosing in edibles esp things like baked goods

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

blatman posted:

I learned a long time ago "once you take a drugs, don't re-dose even if it feels like it's bunk" because at BEST you're getting a mediocre, wasteful bump to your trip and at worst you are now interpreting sight, sound and touch as NES sound effects for what will feel like an eternity because of that weird time dilation feeling

Although make sure you understand what the dose is first, or you end up like me the one time I tried shrooms where I thought one piece was a dose and had a really boring night.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ghislaine Maxwell was one of the most important reddit users & moderators.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tulip posted:

Ghislaine Maxwell was one of the most important reddit users & moderators.

I think that was debunked

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

we haven't had a good product burning in a while

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

booo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cat Mattress posted:

Mark 1 Plumbing is a Texan company.

this still cracks me up every time

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433-nmcWw8E

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The new Biden campaign slogan (building back better) was the slogan for the Clinton foundations “relief efforts” in haiti

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Spergin Morlock posted:

It's been contradicted but not debunked. Right now it's undetermined/unconfirmed.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
what is the contradiction

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
what possessed Slick Willy to learn to play the sax?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's been contradicted but not debunked. Right now it's undetermined/unconfirmed.

chinedu was absolutely an account controlled directly by liz smith

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

britishbornandbread posted:

It was a last ditch effort to keep his hands too busy to molest interns.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Algund Eenboom posted:

The new Biden campaign slogan (building back better) was the slogan for the Clinton foundations “relief efforts” in haiti

The Nepalese army caused a cholera epidemic in Haiti by making GBS threads in a major water supply

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_I_Want_to_Fuck_Ronald_Reagan

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

El_Elegante posted:

what is the contradiction
That the reddit account belongs to someone else, i don't know anything beyond that

papa horny michael posted:

chinedu was absolutely an account controlled directly by liz smith
Oh absolutely

britishbornandbread posted:

Gettin chicks is my guess

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Elizabeth Holmes' voice

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the many old men who gushed about how brilliant holmes was, based solely on them being horny.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
it's RUBIO *half-heartedly flicks water at audience*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

Elizabeth Holmes' voice

It drove me nuts that nobody was pointing this out when Theranos was riding high.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the many old men who gushed about how brilliant holmes was, based solely on them being horny.

the original tweet pointing this out has been deleted

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I just started Bad Blood last night, and it is amazing how loving stupid everyone involved was. Walgreens built an entire loving ghost store just to show Holmes where here awesome Theranos in-store clinic would go, mostly because one rich old man apparently wanted to gently caress Eve Jobs.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I just started Bad Blood last night, and it is amazing how loving stupid everyone involved was. Walgreens built an entire loving ghost store just to show Holmes where here awesome Theranos in-store clinic would go, mostly because one rich old man apparently wanted to gently caress Eve Jobs.

The part that was most enraging wasn't the stupidity, but that there were smart and talented people who got varying levels of coerced/tricked into wasting years of their sweat on something that multiple people know would never work, because the people in the know had no interest or intention of doing things well.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I like one of the early investors showing up to his interview for the documentary in a bitcoin tie.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/877181327589724160?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Elizabeth Holmes' voice

ive noticed don jr pulls the same poo poo lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i had an edible, thought "this ain't doing poo poo", then didn't do any more due to the stories i heard.

it didn't do poo poo.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
that's a better outcome than if you had taken too many.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah but no cool anecdotes about my ghost face screaming at me. moderation loses again

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MikeCrotch posted:

Elizabeth Holmes' voice

Does she do that thing where she obnoxiously over enunciates everything and still sometimes pronounces words wrong

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does she do that thing where she obnoxiously over enunciates everything and still sometimes pronounces words wrong

no, she adopts a faux baritone about two octaves below her real voice because that’s what people take seriously apparently

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

she pitched her voice down as part of her lovely erzatz Steve Jobs persona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnsYz-xdOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was SUPER obvious and nobody talked about it until after Theranos collapsed.