Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I think that placing the reveal about Ordeals this early is a mistake, and that this is why it was cut.

It has a lot more punch when it's provided later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

my dad posted:

I think that placing the reveal about Ordeals this early is a mistake, and that this is why it was cut.

It has a lot more punch when it's provided later.

At the very least, it’s certainly a lot more intimidating coming from Binah just by default. The thing Angela says also doesn’t quite jive with my vague memories of their description later-so the entire thing might just have been scrapped, rewritten later, and never deleted.

Luckily I can just throw it out there, declare the entire thing noncanon, and bam-it doesn’t matter beyond being a curiosity. :v:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Day 13 runs killed count:
Green Noons: 2
Naked Nest: 4

I'm getting its gear and resetting so hard the game's going to automatically restart the game any time this piece of poo poo even pops up as an option again.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Scorched Girl was my first breach, but she's very easy to kite, so I didn't mind how easily she gets out once I got all her gear. I had multiple breaches with Crimson Noon; I sent everybody to fight the Harmony so it took too long for everyone to take care of the Cheers before they released Dead Butterflies, Forsaken Murderer and Scorched Girl again. Thankfully none of them were much of a problem, especially since I handled Dead Butterflies with the agent who had the Dead Butterflies gear. A clerk actually finished off the last Cheers, but was killed in the resulting explosion.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

way too funny watching Project Moon stream LoR and getting stuck by bad gacha luck

e: they aren't talking or revealing anything, it's just a playthrough from the start. and rapidly fixing any bugs they come across

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

six more translated chapters of distortion detective today

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

oh boy train time

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The Project Moon LoR managed to beat the final Floor of History realization with a Boundary of Death proc. Perfection!

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Fuuuuuuuck O-01-15
Gambling, crying, murdering piece of poo poo. I did a 3 day reset just to remove its taint from my facility

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

IAmThatIs posted:

Fuuuuuuuck O-01-15
Gambling, crying, murdering piece of poo poo. I did a 3 day reset just to remove its taint from my facility

Feed Baby.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So, Library of Ruina updated with two new fights. One of which is a fun one with a cute little gimmick. The other one is the single worst fight implemented yet.

Has anyone figured out how the hell to beat Little Red yet? I spent two and a half hours trying different things only to get destroyed at the halfway mark every single time.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So with regards to Malkuth's final fight: I managed to reach the Snow White's Apple stage with only my Index page librarian alive who had Gluttony equipped. Gluttony gives healing when the target has taken damage and the index page ability meant that I was able to consistently beat Angela's ranged weapon rolls and then just attack and heal up. I had to revive with Persistence at one point and also spend about 90 scenes fighting her but I managed to defeat the final Angela with a single librarian. I don't know if I'm a genius or just lucked into a stupid win strategy.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

IAmThatIs posted:

Fuuuuuuuck O-01-15

fetus cries, potatoes die
At least its gift is pretty alright

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So, Library of Ruina updated with two new fights. One of which is a fun one with a cute little gimmick. The other one is the single worst fight implemented yet.

Has anyone figured out how the hell to beat Little Red yet? I spent two and a half hours trying different things only to get destroyed at the halfway mark every single time.

Barely made it. Howl is summation (unlabeled :argh:) so as long as it's aimed at a card with dice that add up to at least 11 you're safe. Think Red's regular mass attack is the same, but maybe you want to get hit by that one sometimes. Tried not to let Red receive more than one attack per round in order to keep her anger down. Definitely don't want her eating any 3x bleed cards. Here's my dumb, unfocused decks:

might have been more effective w/o singleton :shrug:

I tried to keep bleed on the wolf since it shreds him. Dunno if you lose if he bleeds out though. Probably?

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot
Should I wait for the end of early access of library of ruina to get it?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What are you interested in? There's definitely $25 USD of content at the moment and they do new content updates pretty frequently. I put in 45 hours before I reached my self-imposed stopping point (most current fully finished story chapter) but I see myself completely restarting once it leaves EA since they seem to be tweaking the card game part (there's been rumors of a Formation mechanic) and I'm curious if they'll do a competely overhaul that'll effect the amount of game I've already played through. It's also slightly grindy at the moment if you're trying to build specific decks (and you will want to)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a lot of fun bashing your head against new content every Friday along with everyone else. Like in the before times, when people still watched serial tv week by week. An even easier sell if you've finished Lob Corp, or maybe watched someone else do it, and already have an interest in the setting and characters.

Like Lakbay said there's a pretty decent amount of content at this point. I'm at 70 hours having done everything, but you could probably knock off 10 of those to grinding and just messing around. The battle system is feeling solid now and some recent UI improvements have made it a lot more comfy to work with.

Downsides: the tutorial is still far out of date and will probably remain that way for a while. There's an assortment of minor bugs that I really wish they'd get around to fixing. The weekly updates almost always come out with bugs, but at least they're quick to sort those out. The newest story episodes won't have any voice acting because they can only record so often.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Right now my plan is to wait until I finish LobCorp to move on to its sequel. I only just remembered the spoiler thing as I was typing that out, but I'd hold off even if Ruina didn't spoil LobCorp's ending.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anybody got anything to say about -55 and -61? In particular, do either of those breach (and if yes, how likely is that breach to level my entire facility)?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

Anybody got anything to say about -55 and -61? In particular, do either of those breach (and if yes, how likely is that breach to level my entire facility)?

How early into the run are you? Neither abnormality breaches and both provide some very good buffs to those who work them but also have strict rules that if you break will kill employees.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

How early into the run are you? Neither abnormality breaches and both provide some very good buffs to those who work them but also have strict rules that if you break will kill employees.

Between days 14 and 15, about to pick up my 13th anomaly. Would like to get a breaching one for Hod's mission 4 since I only have 3 so far (and Knight, I guess, but... NO.). So my choice here is between:
1. taking the third anomaly, Schadenfreude, which I already had before doing a rewind, from which I have already extracted all gear, which I don't need for training since I've already got Freischutze to cover Justice and who is a gigantic pain in the arse for me to manage becasue of the way I like to play, but who would I guess solve the problem of breaching.
2. Taking one of the two other anomalies, setting me back further on Hod's mission
3. Retrying the day and hoping for a better roll

Whatever I do, I need something I can live with in a long term as I'll be avoiding a rewind at all costs since a) I feel like I've got a pretty decent setup going so far and b) as mentioned I've already done a day 11 reroll and I really, REALLY don't want to do those five loving days for the THIRD time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

Between days 14 and 15, about to pick up my 13th anomaly. Would like to get a breaching one for Hod's mission 4 since I only have 3 so far (and Knight, I guess, but... NO.). So my choice here is between:
1. taking the third anomaly, Schadenfreude, which I already had before doing a rewind, from which I have already extracted all gear, which I don't need for training since I've already got Freischutze to cover Justice and who is a gigantic pain in the arse for me to manage becasue of the way I like to play, but who would I guess solve the problem of breaching.
2. Taking one of the two other anomalies, setting me back further on Hod's mission
3. Retrying the day and hoping for a better roll

Whatever I do, I need something I can live with in a long term as I'll be avoiding a rewind at all costs since a) I feel like I've got a pretty decent setup going so far and b) as mentioned I've already done a day 11 reroll and I really, REALLY don't want to do those five loving days for the THIRD time.

You still have time to get a breaching abnormality so don't worry about it quite yet and both of the other options will be extremely useful for a deep dive.

-55 an all round trainer with a very useful ego gift. You will have to be careful about managing employees using it during a day but said issue will vanish once you get to the next.
-61 great for repression work which always provides an ego gift that while strong you have will have to be constantly aware about who has used it before or else it will kill employees.

Personally I would go with 55 and hope to pick up 61 at a later date as the consequences for what it does are easier to work around with max stat employees.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Alright, here it is, day 16 abnormality choice, whatever I pick here I'm stuck with. Options are -30, -66, and -99, still on the lookout for a breaching one.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 20, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Alright, here it is, day 16 abnormality choice, whatever I pick here I'm stuck with. Options are -30, -66, and -99, still on the lookout for a breaching one.

-30 is an unfavorite and will likely give you fits. -99 is a simple teth. -66 is hard to manage because it’s a constant memory test, but gives one of the best overall weapons in the game period.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

-30 is an unfavorite and will likely give you fits. -99 is a simple teth. -66 is hard to manage because it’s a constant memory test, but gives one of the best overall weapons in the game period.

Do any of them breach?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Just -99

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This week's LoR update: A new story chapter with a brand new card mechanic, and a new Abnormality fight.

Chesed gets the Warm-Hearted Woodsman, making me wonder if maybe we'll get the other Wizard of Oz themed abnormalities from Wonderlab.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Hm I think it'd be a bit likely, as the Road Home kind of fits Angela, and the last abnormality seems to be going for a more Angela-tilt, what with Snow White's Apple being the Malkuth one.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Chinely posted:

Hm I think it'd be a bit likely, as the Road Home kind of fits Angela, and the last abnormality seems to be going for a more Angela-tilt, what with Snow White's Apple being the Malkuth one.

LoR:

You'd need 5 abnormalities for a full floor and there are currently 4, if so we'd get at least one new one. Either the Wizard of Oz, the Wicked Witch or Toto.

EDIT: I just saw the patch changes,

They really changed the cards mechanics. Maybe now there's a reason not to not build all your decks as singletons, since they gave Charge an actual card drawing mechanic.

SITB fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 24, 2020

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Holy gently caress, Nothing There REALLY doesn't want to let you use it as a training abnormality.

Anyone got anything to say about -96? I'm picking between it and -104 and leaning towards the latter, but it'd be good to know that I'm not skipping something amazing.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 25, 2020

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Holy gently caress, Nothing There REALLY doesn't want to let you use it as a training abnormality.

Anyone got anything to say about -96? I'm picking between it and -104 and leaning towards the latter, but it'd be good to know that I'm not skipping something amazing.

Not actively awful is how I'd describe -96. I'd pick it over a bunch of worse tools but 104 is the best tool in the game.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

SITB posted:

LoR:

You'd need 5 abnormalities for a full floor and there are currently 4, if so we'd get at least one new one. Either the Wizard of Oz, the Wicked Witch or Toto.

EDIT: I just saw the patch changes,

They really changed the cards mechanics. Maybe now there's a reason not to not build all your decks as singletons, since they gave Charge an actual card drawing mechanic.

At least they fixed Rip Space. Previously, the code gave it a 90% chance of success per level of charge, despite saying something different on the card text. You could spam Rip Space every turn with Rose without any consequences back then. Now it actually has the chance of success that the card text says it does.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
After putting it off for way too long I ended up acing Gebura's third mission on the first try- I let my first meltdown trigger Melting Love so she didn't have any backup, execution bullet'd all the clerks in Central and let out the Mountain of Smiling Bodies, and then finished off with the Army in Black. One of the hearts almost went off before I could take it down but I ended up with no deaths. Gebura *4* is giving me fits, though. I am making it harder on myself than needed since I'm going for a no deaths run even though I'm planning on resetting to memory after finishing the core suppression, but even so I've failed three attempts so far.

1st run- Green Midnight. I knew going in my gauntlet users didn't have the range to hit it without melting from the lasers, but it turns out the Red Shoes' axes didn't either. Sad trombone noises ensued.

2nd failure- Violet Midnight. I actually took out the pale shrine without issue, but the red shrine ended up squashing half my team- I didn't realize the defense hands would end up stretching out before attacking and didn't make it out of range. It was especially stupid because I could've taken them down an elevator to get out of range, but there was a white tentacle nearby that I was afraid they couldn't escape if they did. Didn't work out!

3rd failure- Amber Midnight. It wasn't even the Midnight that killed this run; they were far enough away I couldn't get to them before they moved anyways, so I went to squash one of the Dusks in a nearby room and a second Dusk surfaced in the middle of my ranged squad.

I also had a few runs I aborted before even getting to the necessary part. Probably my most embarassing was the one where my 115 Temperance rank 5 agent managed to screw up enough to get Laetitia's friend and I didn't notice until he'd already exploded. I didn't even hit the Dawn on that run. At least all the practice will mean the core suppression should run smoothly! Aha ha ha... :suicide:

Anyways, while I continue to bash my head against the wall, I had a couple questions relevant to the mission I wanted to see if anyone could help with. Specifically- Does anyone know all the weapons that are too short-ranged to use against the Last Helix without getting hit by the laser? Also, for the Amber Midnight, what's the limit on the amount of worms spawned? The wiki says six are the limit but I'm pretty sure I had more than that; is that six per worm (so twelve total), six spawns (same, but if you kill one Midnight then the other will still continue summoning up to the max limit), or six spawns per work (24 in all)? Or is the wiki just wrong? Along the same lines, is it recommended to try to clear out the Dusks while the Midnights are still alive or just wait until the big ones are dead?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Green Midnight: Anything with very short range is gonna get you killed. So don't bring King of Greed's weapons. Short should be fine, but stick with Medium if you'd had bad experiences. It's the easiest to kill if you are good with the elevators.

Amber Midnight: So six Dusks on screen is the limit. Do not go hunting them until the Midnights are down for two reasons. One, you'll just have more to deal with later, and two, it seems that if you kill a Midnight and its original Dusks are still alive, they just die. Any extra ones spawned stick around. It's really weird. Just play patient with them, wait for all six to spawn, and stay in the elevators till the Midnights burrow up in the room next to you. One will go to Safety, so once it's dead, move to the Training elevator and wait for the second there.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, the tried and true method of bitching about it on the Internet worked this time :toot: I rolled Helix of the End again and managed not to ram my short-range units right into the laser this time, and my deathball of mostly WAW and ALEPH weapons pretty much melted the thing- the laser barely hit 3 o'clock before dying. Surprisingly anticlimactic, though given what's coming up I'll take the win.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Green Midnight: Anything with very short range is gonna get you killed. So don't bring King of Greed's weapons. Short should be fine, but stick with Medium if you'd had bad experiences. It's the easiest to kill if you are good with the elevators.

Amber Midnight: So six Dusks on screen is the limit. Do not go hunting them until the Midnights are down for two reasons. One, you'll just have more to deal with later, and two, it seems that if you kill a Midnight and its original Dusks are still alive, they just die. Any extra ones spawned stick around. It's really weird. Just play patient with them, wait for all six to spawn, and stay in the elevators till the Midnights burrow up in the room next to you. One will go to Safety, so once it's dead, move to the Training elevator and wait for the second there.

That is a really weird quirk. Once again I have no idea how this game's spaghetti code even functions sometimes. I'm sure I'll have to put that into practice at some point, though- p. sure at least a couple more missions are going to mandate going that far and I don't think the 'queue a work on every Abnormality in the facility to ram through two meltdowns in ten seconds' trick is going to work on all of them.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Got my first Clerk Rights abnormality (-106), which will hamper my ability to get farther more than anything else I have right now.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Once again I have no idea how this game's spaghetti code even functions sometimes.

If it makes you feel any better, neither do I.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

surprise update

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It dropped mid stream for me. :psyduck:

Heck of a night, surprisingly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
They updated the fight after adding it too.

The buffed up fight is kind of hot nonsense. Why certainly, having 4 chaff dropping Transpierce equivalent before moving on to the actual main fight while being forced to use only one floor is good and cool.

I won with Yesod's Unga Bunga floor build, but the current fight is seems too swingy now.