Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

Unknown Hinson may be a shitbag but I will still feel gratitude for introducing the phrase "pine cone liquor" to my daily vocab

It just continues to baffle me that he seems so unaware of what his character was actually about....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

orange juche posted:

and this gives you both

https://www.thespruceeats.com/smoky-martini-recipe-760122

Ingredients
2 1/2 ounces gin
Dash of Scotch whisky
Garnish: lemon twist
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.

Pour the gin and scotch into a mixing glass filled with ice.

Stir well.

Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

Serve and enjoy!

I don't know.... I like a little vermouth is my martinis. This "unscrew the vermouth bottle and wave it vaguely near the glass" method people use doesn't do the trick.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
If they got Bannon on the water does that make the case subject to admiralty law? :sureboat:

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Mine was fueled by 40s from the corner store. I don't know what that means for the quality of my work.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Absinthe is the thinking mans drink, because they thought so hard they don't want to think anymore.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I can link a way to manufacture LSD in bulk but I wouldn't attempt it unless your a chem major

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I can link a way to manufacture LSD in bulk but I wouldn't attempt it unless your a chem major

I saw that show, it didn't end well.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Godholio posted:

I saw that show, it didn't end well.

https://files.shroomery.org/cms/5841102-practicallsd-UncleFester.pdf

It's a PDF not a video

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Zeddary/status/1296540549311336449

BigDave posted:

Gin is the thinking man's liquor, but scotch is the DOING man's liquor. :chord:

Quoted for truth. :smugdog:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 20, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Pretty good day for lovely people being forced to atone.

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/1296540690617266178?s=19

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

I cackled out loud. The schandenfreude is pretty good.
:getin:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Burning Beard posted:

Holy poo poo that is so true. The students are, at least in my courses, trying to comply. But it WILL spread. Does Vodka help?

My school is opening back up and mass testing literally the entire campus. They're claiming to have the capacity to do 5k tests a day with results in 24 hours.

I'm sure it will still turn into a poo poo show but hey I guess you can't say they aren't trying.

So glad I'm on co-op this semester

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1296522017550868480?s=19

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2020/08/breaking-system-president-blame-0820

quote:

N.C. State announced on Thursday that it also would move undergraduate courses to online delivery beginning Aug. 24, but the university is not closing on-campus housing. Residents can choose to cancel their housing contracts with no penalty.

and another one

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving why

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

loving why

He needs more coke? :shrug:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Cocaine at the DNC has got to be primo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Please do a Hunter v Don jr failson debate :pray:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

That Works posted:

loving why

eh he's the kid of the nominee, chances are it'll be a 2-5 minute fluff piece talking about how great his dad is. Both of Kerry's kids spoke in 2004, one of :mitt:'s kids spoke in 2012, etc.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah it's a convention norm to have adult children speak about how great their parent is and what not. Not saying I like it but it's not exactly a startling revelation.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

plus everything with Beau you'd want him to talk about family and making it through hard times

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Half of Hillary's problem in 2016 is that she was hilariously secretive. Like the proper move with the Podesta poo poo was literally to release all his emails out to the public, and/or her own, but she was too secretive.

"Hi, I'm Hunter, my dad rules and Trump literally got impeached for lying about me and blackmailing a country" is a good start. Lean the gently caress in because they're just going to keep yelling WHERE'S HUNTER all the time anyways.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ASAPI posted:

I don't know.... I like a little vermouth is my martinis. This "unscrew the vermouth bottle and wave it vaguely near the glass" method people use doesn't do the trick.

You could just rinse the cocktail glass with scotch to get the flavor and bring back the vermouth.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I visited the Oban distillery in Scotland and got to try samples and I wish I was still there. The town also has fantastic fish & chips.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

facialimpediment posted:

WHERE'S HUNTER all the time anyways.

exactly. get him up there and talk about family and beau and everything and just go for it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1296388400631644161

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Update on ratfucking:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1296576285574139909

To the best of my knowledge, the only significant state that Kanye could potentially ratfuck is Colorado and if Biden is anywhere close to being ratfuckable in Colorado, he wasn't going to win the presidency anyways.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCxGhbAT-Y&t=245s

HRC: Vote for law enforcement

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

LongDarkNight posted:

Cocaine at the DNC has got to be primo.

Sustainably sourced fair trade yayo!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I will buy the gently caress out of a Hunter / Jr. failson PPV debate and/or MMA bout

E: I went through a very extended single malt phase and yknow what?

Famous Grouse is loving GREAT.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I get a distinct "slapfight" vibe from both Hunter and Junior. That kind of "we THINK our fighting looks badass when in truth we look like Lightsaber Kid without the stick" vibe.

Or the "can't make Dad look bad by actually doing any real damage" style of fighting.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hunter Biden, the McCains, colin powell are more important to the DNC than AOC and yet you dumb fuckers act like the moral failing for people not voting for biden is on the voter themselves and not the entire loving DNC and every mother fucker that endorsed Biden, including Bernie.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That didnt take long

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Still melting down

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PookBear posted:

Hunter Biden, the McCains, colin powell are more important to the DNC than AOC

loooool

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That didnt take long

Biden was part of administration that resulted in friends of mine sustaining permanent disabilities from gun shot wounds and his son that lasted less than a month in the service for getting kicked out for coke after a direct commission is speaking at the DNC please shut the gently caress up forever

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, anyways!

https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1296579800619003909

quote:

DeJoy met Wednesday with Sens. Gary Peters (D-Mich.) and Thomas R. Carper (D-Del.), the Senate committee’s top Democrats on postal issues. When pressed on details for post-election plans, DeJoy did not mention these proposals, according to Carper’s office.

“Americans are experiencing delays and postal workers are seeing changes with their own eyes, and, yet, congressional offices have been told for weeks that nothing has changed at the Postal Service. We know now that wasn’t true,” Carper said in a statement. “Make no mistake, if these reckless policies are implemented it will undermine this American institution and hurt seniors, rural communities, small businesses and households that lack access to broadband the most.”

This poo poo's going to be a problem for Donnie through the campaign.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you legit can't understand why people might be passionately against biden then feel free to go ahead and cut three of your limbs off

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Honestly dude you just seem really angry all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Honestly dude you just seem really angry all the time

PookBear posted:

If you legit can't understand why people might be passionately against biden then feel free to go ahead and cut three of your limbs off