Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Dareon posted:

Okay, what the gently caress is going on with the profanity filter.
If you’re on switch, having a custom name that’s too long will give you the profanity error.

Dareon posted:

Reach out and punch someone?
lol I tried this same one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
The problem with the nerfs that I see is that it doesn't address the root problem, which is that some abilities are incredibly loving bad and useless. They can nerf roar deep deep into the ground, as long as it gets 5% damage increase its still going to work out better than sandstorm or mesa's 1 or decoy. Same with defy and dispensary, those two abilities are just a flat out improvement on many of the garbage abilities in the game, no matter how low their values are nerfed down

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

lmao

no fun allowed i guess

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I thought they would at least let us play with broken poo poo for 2 weeks (and thereby build hype for Deimos) before solemnly intoning the Need For Balance

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 8 Prerequisite) lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

slow_twitch posted:

customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 8 Prerequisite) lol

it should be MR zero

MR gating is universally stupid, with the sole and tentative exception of a few things that might be interpreted as anti-botting measures

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Do you really want new players to suffer having to keep the non-prime frames until MR 15? and DE having to balance things around every warframe potentially having roar's damage boost.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Bbbut then how will I lord my MR over newer players

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The mr requirement could end up being entirely moot depending on what the entrati grind looks like.

I just had the thought 'well at least those powers will probably still be like 50-80% as strong as before' but then I couldn't really think of any history to justify that.

endlessmonotony posted:

Related, what should I give Nekros with his lack of useful offensive abilities but basically infinite mana?

You could try Frost's Ice Wave, shattered enemies break into even more pieces than cut up ones.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FunkyFjord posted:

The mr requirement could end up being entirely moot depending on what the entrati grind looks like.

I just had the thought 'well at least those powers will probably still be like 50-80% as strong as before' but then I couldn't really think of any history to justify that.

You could try Frost's Ice Wave, shattered enemies break into even more pieces than cut up ones.

Do enemies shatter from Petrify also? Cus Ore Gaze Nekros sounds kinda fun for maximum lootframe nonsense.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

reminder that SGDQ is going on right now and after the upcoming blood and doom 3 runs there's going to be a warframe boss speedrun showcase with an estimate of like 23 minutes

i don't know what all it includes but i figure it'd be interesting to some of y'all

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

reminder that SGDQ is going on right now and after the upcoming blood and doom 3 runs there's going to be a warframe boss speedrun showcase with an estimate of like 23 minutes

i don't know what all it includes but i figure it'd be interesting to some of y'all

20 of those minutes will be standing around waiting for invulnerability phases to end.

Speaking of bosses, what is everyone's preferred weapon for killing status-immune steel path bosses with invulnerability? was thinking of modding up a crit gunblade.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
So the Sands of Inaros quest has bugged the gently caress out for me.

I was on the third set of kill targets before I stopped playing, and now that I'm back, the urn has the wraps back on it, so it's not even showing the loving glyphs anymore.

Considering I can't do the umbral Excalibur quest without completing it, does anyone know if buying the Warframe will complete it for me, or is it straight hosed?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Man, I'm fed up of trying to spawn a nukor lich. Been running Cassini for hours now.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Pipski posted:

Man, I'm fed up of trying to spawn a nukor lich. Been running Cassini for hours now.

Alright. here's the real secret.

Can you afford a potato?
Can you afford TWO potato's, and are happy getting any (30-40) % weapons as long as its the one you want?

Then just buy a lich.

Toxin/fire/elec are overfarmed and go fairly cheaply. Even the ephemera'd liches from those elements sell for around 40-50 plat at the lowest I've seen.

There's no great websites to automate lich sales, unfortunately. Warframeteams tried it but I assume got bandwidth-hell'd off the planet.

Your best bet is to spam trade chat with a WTB (weapon) (element) and ask what %, using the market prices as a sanity check. Keep in mind the reddit guide people sometimes use for lich prices is 7 months out of date and no longer accurate (it predates valence transfer so high % weapons are only valuable for the time saved now)
Another good option (there is one for each element)
https://warframe.market/items/vengeful_toxin_(kuva_lich_ephemera) is to put up a buy order and just screen sellers for the weapon/% you want.

The market does have a lich auction section but its very niche and sort of not widely adopted: there's no way to make buy orders, so its all overpriced and underpriced - if there is even what you want listed - no middle ground.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 20, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao, megan is going to joining in on the call, too.

got an hour for a doom 3 run coming up, and then warframe boss showcase!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hell yeah that sounds rad

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Do enemies shatter from Petrify also? Cus Ore Gaze Nekros sounds kinda fun for maximum lootframe nonsense.

I Don't Know

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They probably just shouldn't have put buffing abilities in the pool in the first place

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sandweed posted:

My Nukor that says it spawned as 60% Tox is actually 59,9% tox in the loadout screen. Back to the lich mines we go.

Found your problem.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I wanna know how high the numbers can get on that helminth ammo efficiency buff ability, because if it can hit 100% it'll be great.
Buffing your exergis or tigris or tonkor to have infinite ammo and never need to reload sounds fun as hell. You can already get a taste of that silliness from the random void buffs while cracking relics
Twink graks too.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

"I Graded All 1806 Confirmed Helminth Ability Combos": 35 minutes

"Lets Talk About The Helminth Nerfs": 1 hour 24

lol

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The Helminth ability system was a bad idea from the start.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mercury_Storm posted:

They probably just shouldn't have put buffing abilities in the pool in the first place

Exactly, going forward if they even want to attempt balance they just have to assume people will always be affected by roar or eclipse.

I half expect them to change it from Roar to Charge before release.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 20, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Helminth ability system was a bad idea from the start.

I don't think I will use it all that much unless a very good ability comes from a Frames that's piss-easy to farm, like Rhino.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
whatever, as long as Larva remains usable enough that I can make Blaze Artillery hit 40x I don't give a shitz

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://gamesdonequick.com/

the doom 3 run just ended, so warframe boss showcase should be coming up next with de_megan on the call apparently

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

BMan posted:

"I Graded All 1806 Confirmed Helminth Ability Combos": 35 minutes

"Lets Talk About The Helminth Nerfs": 1 hour 24

lol
i really don't envy the content creator thats gotta grasp at straws like releasing a "tierlist" weeks before we even know any hard numbers, while that stuff isnt even nailed down on the internal dev builds. gotta feed The Algorithm i guess

That's actually my main general problem with discussing or theorycrafting the system so far - we just don't know enough hard specifics, and it looks like not even DE does. And the warframe forum posters will make absolutely sure nobody can have nice things anyway

Ideally they should've put the system on the testcluster, but i guess it was too deeply meshed with deimos story stuff for that to be an option.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'm at a truck stop with decent Wi-Fi, and I've only been approached for drugs two three times!

Not reading the Helminth ability list until I get home in a week or I'd never shut up abt it. Roar and Eclipse were never going live without nerfs, and im still surprised they put Eclipse in rather than Prism. Hopefully at least one of these buffs creates a light source to control Eclipse better.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

de dropped 5k during the sgdq stream, nice

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think I will use it all that much unless a very good ability comes from a Frames that's piss-easy to farm, like Rhino.

It'll still feel much more satisfying when you finish a Prime frame and get to shove the old one into Audrey II instead of just selling it for 10 credits.

Malah posted:

I'm at a truck stop with decent Wi-Fi, and I've only been approached for drugs two three times!

Not reading the Helminth ability list until I get home in a week or I'd never shut up abt it. Roar and Eclipse were never going live without nerfs, and im still surprised they put Eclipse in rather than Prism. Hopefully at least one of these buffs creates a light source to control Eclipse better.

I think DE said that they wouldn't add any frame's fourth ability to it because they consider those to be the "ultimates". Though there are at least a few warframes where their 4s aren't super signature and could totally have been the helminth ability, including Frost and Loki at least.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 20, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It'll still feel much more satisfying when you finish a Prime frame and get to shove the old one into Audrey II instead of just selling it for 10 credits.

Yeah but an old-timer like me has all the Prime frames, for the most part and already junked the basic ones. I don't wanna get them again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but an old-timer like me has all the Prime frames, for the most part and already junked the basic ones. I don't wanna get them again.

Shoulda been buying slots

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I've been hoarding basic frames almost since I started playing because I hate seeing "buy Zephyr for 225 plat!" advertisements at the bottom of my arsenal, and I dream of some day eliminating them altogether. :v:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've got a duplicate Nyx cooking. Not for any particular usefulness of her infused power, but just because I had the parts. Similarly, Oberon is also on my radar.

Honestly, though, the first frame I'm actually going to "farm" up is Vauban, because Tesla Nervos is one of my favorite powers. Then I'm probably gonna work through the clan research frames, and then we'll see what state my inventory is in.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Tesla Nervos scales with duration, right?
Might be kinda fun to have semi-permanent shock bots following you around as a 300%-dur Nova.
Buying the blueprints from nightwave is a lot less painful than waiting for vauban alerts too...

Though I don't really like the nightwave cred thing for helmets, it breaks my "collect-them-all" instinct when I have to pay a super-limited resource to unlock them (with large opportunity costs) instead of just jumping on an alert when I see one and slowly building a collection up.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 20, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Also good on gauss, maybe? but what do you give up?

has DE said whether the energy cost is based on the power infused or on the slot replaced yet?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheParadigm posted:

Also good on gauss, maybe? but what do you give up?

has DE said whether the energy cost is based on the power infused or on the slot replaced yet?

There's no reason they would ever make it based on the slot replaced, that would be crazy.
For one thing Valkyr wouild be able to spam any ability for years in place of her 5 enerrgy paralysis.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I remember hearing something about a stream tonight where you could get a free warframe slot, but now I suddenly can't find any info. Anyone know where it is/how to get the thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Babe Magnet posted:

Ash this week, with a warframe slot on Thursday

So in two hours now.