Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

sry i'm late to this party i will go on a journey of atonement into forums distant

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

alnilam posted:

sry i'm late to this party i will go on a journey of atonement into forums distant

post here if you are excited the new site owner is one of us, from YOSPOS

e-dt

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Trip Report about my thread

im glad you enjoyed my thread :shobon: thanks

alnilam

I must admit I have never really looked at YOSPOS but I have always been curious. I love the stylesheets there for sure (not as much as I love the yob sheet of course)
The OP clearly loves at least one of the stylesheets as well

President Beep posted:

what do you all expect? amberpos for the entire forums?

Some funny jokes incl about how Jeffrey doesn't actually seem to post in YOSPOS much despite it being in his name. I particularly liked this joke:

SRQ posted:

Jeffrey is kinda like an English lord with a landed title, but they've only been there once out of obligation and spend their actual time in London.They were also born in London.
They vacation in the Alps.

Also peppered with posts that demonstrate we at BYOB have a lot in common with YOSPOS! Take a gander at these posts, are they from BYOB or from YOSPOS they could be from eithe ris my point we are all one forums family namaste :roboluv:

SO DEMANDING posted:

im excited about yospos being deleted next week

Silver Alicorn posted:

I love to post with my posting buddies.

fart simpson posted:

soak your weed in vodka before smoking it

In conclusion YOSPOS seems like a v nice place, thank you for reading my book report

ty manifisto

Ghosty
Hit me I'm bored

Chewbecca

Ghosty posted:

Hit me I'm bored

Shrimp cocktail: the pastry of the year thread, from Post My Favorite

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

FluffieDuckie

that sponge bob art was truly disturbing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Twenty Four

FluffieDuckie posted:

that sponge bob art was truly disturbing

IRC_man
:2bong: HIPPIE LIFE! :2bong:

from the far corners of Texas, I strike again.
yes plz

THIS POST WAS MADE BY IRC_MAN,NEVER FORGET IT! :911:

Chewbecca

Ask me about Commentary: let's read the Torah, from Ask/Tell

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Entenzahn

erm... quack-ward
I'm in!!!

thank you Evan Jellicle for the honkin' rad holiday sig

copy rite by cda -> do not steal!

Chewbecca

This BRRRT was a long time coming, from TFR

IRC_man
:2bong: HIPPIE LIFE! :2bong:

from the far corners of Texas, I strike again.
*WARNING: I am still a little new to SA, so I'm not sure if the quotes will show up properly.*
IRC_man's Report:

Our good Goon Mors Rattus has made a thread About Judaism, Specifically The Tanakh and its commentaries (explanation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible ). The Thread has two main purposes: 1) to post a quote from the tanakh daily, and 2) for general conversation between Jews and those interested in the religion.

The Post begins with B'reishit 1:1 (Genesis In English bibles),
*The Following text is from the 2nd post in the thread*

quote:

Rashi posted:
בראשית IN THE BEGINNING — Rabbi Isaac said: The Torah which is the Law book of Israel should have commenced with the verse (Exodus 12:2) “This month shall be unto you the first of the months” which is the first commandment given to Israel. What is the reason, then, that it commences with the account of the Creation? Because of the thought expressed in the text (Psalms 111:6) “He declared to His people the strength of His works (i.e. He gave an account of the work of Creation), in order that He might give them the heritage of the nations.” For should the peoples of the world say to Israel, “You are robbers, because you took by force the lands of the seven nations of Canaan”, Israel may reply to them, “All the earth belongs to the Holy One, blessed be He; He created it and gave it to whom He pleased. When He willed He gave it to them, and when He willed He took it from them and gave it to us” (Yalkut Shimoni on Torah 187).

áøàùéú áøà IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED — This verse calls aloud for explanation in the manner that our Rabbis explained it: God created the world for the sake of the Torah which is called (Proverbs 8:22) “The beginning (øàùéú) of His (God’s) way”, and for the sake of Israel who are called (Jeremiah 2:3) “The beginning (øàùéú) of His (God’s) increase’’. If, however, you wish to explain it in its plain sense, explain it thus: At the beginning of the Creation of heaven and earth when the earth was without form and void and there was darkness, God said, “Let there be light”. The text does not intend to point out the order of the acts of Creation — to state that these (heaven and earth) were created first; for if it intended to point this out, it should have written 'áøàùåðä áøà àú äùîéí åâå “At first God created etc.” And for this reason: Because, wherever the word øàùéú occurs in Scripture, it is in the construct state. E. g., (Jeremiah 26:1) “In the beginning of (áøàùéú) the reign of Jehoiakim”; (Genesis 10:10) “The beginning of (øàùéú) his kingdom”; (Deuteronomy 18:4) “The first fruit of (øàùéú) thy corn.” Similarly here you must translate áøàùéú áøà àìäéí as though it read áøàùéú áøåà, at the beginning of God’s creating. A similar grammatical construction (of a noun in construct followed by a verb) is: (Hosea 1:2) úçìú ãáø ä' áäåùò, which is as much as to say, “At the beginning of God’s speaking through Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea.” Should you, however, insist that it does actually intend to point out that these (heaven and earth) were created first, and that the meaning is, “At the beginning of everything He created these, admitting therefore that the word áøàùéú is in the construct state and explaining the omission of a word signifying “everything” by saying that you have texts which are elliptical, omitting a word, as for example (Job 3:10) “Because it shut not up the doors of my mother’s womb” where it does not explicitly explain who it was that closed the womb; and (Isaiah 8:4) “He shall take away the spoil of Samaria” without explaining who shall take it away; and (Amos 6:12) “Doth he plough with oxen," and it does not explicitly state, “Doth a man plough with oxen”; (Isaiah 46:10) “Declaring from the beginning the end,” and it does not explicitly state, “Declaring from the beginning of a thing the end of a thing’ — if it is so (that you assert that this verse intends to point out that heaven and earth were created first), you should be astonished at yourself, because as a matter of fact the waters were created before heaven and earth, for, lo, it is written, (v. 2) “The Spirit of God was hovering on the face of the waters,” and Scripture had not yet disclosed when the creation of the waters took place — consequently you must learn from this that the creation of the waters preceded that of the earth. And a further proof that the heavens and earth were not the first thing created is that the heavens were created from fire (àù) and water (îéí), from which it follows that fire and water were in existence before the heavens. Therefore you must needs admit that the text teaches nothing about the earlier or later sequence of the acts of Creation.

ברא אלהים GOD [AS JUDGE] CREATED — It does not state 'ברא ה “The Lord (the Merciful One) created, because at first God intended to create it (the world) to be placed under the attribute (rule) of strict justice, but He realised that the world could not thus endure and therefore gave precedence to Divine Mercy allying it with Divine Justice. It is to this that what is written in (Genesis 2:4) alludes — “In the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven”.

Rattus Then Explains, to my knowledge, His interpretations of the commentaries, or what the reader can infer. Its a common theme ITT. For this Thread, he uses the Sefaria.org Translation, and insists that this thread should be apolitical.

there's also very interesting Ideas and discourse about Different views on the text. For Example:

quote:

Lutha Mahtin posted:
This is an extremely minor point but if you're referring here to the Protestants who are doing biblical literalism, it's perhaps more accurate to call it the reactionary backlash against modern schools of interpretation (also there's a bunch of racism involved, because :911: ). I am definitely not trying to equate anything here, but in a strange way I sometimes feel like the Christian scholars who have embraced our contemporary academic philosophies (postmodernism, critical theories, etc) at times almost begin to sound like very much older-school Jewish and Muslim commentaries. I am also a dingus who took a grand total of two classes ever about religion, because my school required it, so YMMV.

quote:

Moors Rattus posted:
Not just them, though they're the worst about it. Just, the entire 'all you need is the text itself' view and rejection of older commentaries which is common in practiced Christianity. (Scholarship and theologians, like, actual theologians, are different but I'm talking your lay practice.) Even now, it feels so weird and foreign to me to look at the text and not try to understand it contextually in both its time of origin and its past practice. In day to day life there's a lot of Jews who still don't engage with the text and commentaries much, but Jewish traditions and practices have been shaped by them hugely.

Thats all i have for now. Thank You for this Opportunity, BYOB.

THIS POST WAS MADE BY IRC_MAN,NEVER FORGET IT! :911:

Spaced God

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Give me a thread friend

Chewbecca

Spaced God posted:

Give me a thread friend

Animation for adults: basically it's anime but for western audiences, from TV IV

Blackmore

Catch the Rainbow
i’ve never posted in byob but this thread fascinated me endlessly. I would like to have a field trip. (no politix/rona please)

Chewbecca

Blackmore posted:

i’ve never posted in byob but this thread fascinated me endlessly. I would like to have a field trip. (no politix/rona please)

Audiophiles are the most gullible marks on the planet, from PHIZ

Jinh

I'd like to do a writeup!

nut

Blackmore posted:

I have taken on too much atm to do another trip report but i just wanna post to say welcome and that we are excited to see what u come up with!

Chewbecca

Jinh posted:

I'd like to do a writeup!

MUDs and other text-based RPGs: Tell don't show from Retro Games

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 19, 2020

Jinh

This was really exciting to read about and gave me some new perspectives on game design through the ages that I wanted to comment on here.

The MUD thread is a time capsule of a very specific era of video game history, struggling to stay relevant in the modern age. MUDs, or "Multi-User Dungeons" represent the true middle ground between Tabletop RPGs and the MMORPG genre.

As many know, modern MMOs like WoW were born from games like Everquest and Ultima Online, which we often look down on these days as being horrible time sinks with unforgiving mechanics like losing levels and items upon death. I think it's somewhat been forgotten why games were designed this way originally. Certainly nobody ever explained it to me, so I assumed that old games were just hard because game design was a new field, and we had to crack a bunch of eggs before we got our omelets. I eventually learned that it was due to them being based on D&D, a game with permadeath as a very important risk with each adventure you undertake.

Here's a lunch break-sized video I really like about the topic of early conversions of the tabletop game to video games, specializing on Japanese RPGs but with a pretty broad overview of the birth of computer RPGs in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiwn8iXqOI

Tabletop role playing games and video games have been inextricably bound since the 1970s. At first, they allowed players to experience a world and play with its rules without the need for a Dungeon Master. In normal D&D, there is 1 DM for every 3-6 players on average. That person plays as the world and story: keeping the game flowing and changing, interpreting the players' actions into the mechanics of the system and laws of the imaginary universe they're playing in. There are always many times more players than there are DMs, and when the player count gets large enough, it becomes impossible for any one player to have any real influence on the game without shouting over one another.

So computer RPGs really helped, a person could program in the rules, and some story and quests and ways to get better at doing stuff, and suddenly you don't need a dungeon master to interpret your actions anymore, you can rely on the computer to do it. Of course, somebody has to add content to the game for it to stay fun, and it's not quite as personalized as a real at-the-table game can be, but it's a hell of a substitution, and clearly it was close enough for a huge amount of people. We got games like Rogue and Zork from this. The first is a simulation of dungeon-crawling, a game where death is cheap and easy, built on a framework of random generation. The latter, Zork, is a story game with many branching paths and little left to random chance, but brutally brain-twisting at times, to keep players guessing.

Internet chat rooms started being born soon after, and now we reach the Idea of the MUD in this trip report. Because computers can do all the math for you, and network to one another, one person can build a game like Zork or Rogue and have hundreds of players together, all using these chat rooms as literal rooms in a shared world, role playing and getting better over time the same way a D&D character does. You can have taverns and forest paths and hellscapes and challenges to overcome in each of them, requiring teamwork or pitting them against each other in philosophical or literal ways.

Content, like new areas, items, and monsters was slow in being created because it has to be programmed into a computer, so the act of leveling up your character was made into a large undertaking to compensate. And because of the amount of time it took to level up, the punishment for dying has been made less severe as time passed, so that players wouldn't be as hurt by failure. So in a way, the excruciating losses felt by dying in early MUDs and MMOs are rather tame compared to D&D.

Eventually, people got the bright idea to take MUDs and recreate them using actual graphics, turning these text-only games into huge productions with special effects. This was the birth of games like Everquest, which were originally known as Graphical MUDs but eventually became coined MMORPGs.

The really neat thing about MUDs compared to graphical games is that because graphics don't have to be made, content can be added much faster, and ideas can be expressed through text that are sometimes impossible to show in graphics. Try building an MC Escher dungeon, and you'll quickly give up. Build one in text with different locations looping to each other and it's much easier, since you don't have to literally make a virtual avatar move upside down. When making a jungle, instead of having to build each tree you can just describe it in a paragraph or two of cute prose.

I wonder if It can feel almost like learning magic words to get comfortable with a MUD. There are often shortcuts and macros you can type, and I bet a lot of these games had hidden secrets involving typing stuff in specific places as puzzles. High level playing must look very strange, with paragraphs blinking by rapid-fire.

Reene posted:

What is this text-based crap? How do I move and stab things?

MUDs are generally controlled with caveman-speak commands, though a lot of them have their own little oddities in terms of how they parse commands. Most will start you off in a tutorial area, so it's wise to go through them as completely as possible.

In general, though, things that will always work are:

You can move by typing a cardinal direction: north, south, east, west, whatever. You can usually abbreviate to n, e, s, w.

LOOK will look at things. If you don't tell the game what you're looking at, you'll look at the room you're in. If you see an apple, you could type look apple, or look at apple, depending on the game.

i/inv/inventory will tell you what you're carrying.

INFO, EXP, and/or STATS should tell you useful things about your character and their progression.

HELP typed alone will pretty much always bring up the root help menu, and from there it should guide you into looking up help on specific topics; this is going to be pretty critical if you've never played a MUD before, or if you're playing one that's appreciably different from what you're used to.

Also, most MUDs are gonna be hard-up for newbies these days, so it shouldn't be too hard to get help with commands if something is only intuitive to people who've been playing for years. Ask for help frequently and often. People love newbies and will baby you, seriously.

Because MUDs tend to be extremely personal and small projects, there is an immense amount of drama in each community, and it's clearly visible in posts on just the first few pages of this thread. It's not really important to discuss it here, but it should be noted.

Much of the discussion in the thread boils down to nostalgic looking back at bygone times. From reading, it seems like even the most populated of MUD games has ~100 players on at peak times. This might seem like small potatoes compared to any modern MMO, but from the perspective of the game being a bunch of connected chatrooms, I think that's a hell of a lot of possible new friends, and also a very tight and dedicated group who seem to love having newbies around.

http://discworld.starturtle.net/lpc/ seems to be the most BYOB MUD, being set in the whimsical world of Terry Pratchett.

thanks so much cda <3

beer pal

hello please give me a good one !

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Chewbecca

beer pal posted:

hello please give me a good one !

Machine learning: this place is not a place of honor, from YOSPOS

beer pal

u know how when you have a car you're all like yeah i get it... the gas blows up and that sends the pistons moving and then the wheels turn or whatever.. and then you take it to the mechanic and they say your screwjank is all rusted and your double boiler has got an oil leak int he drivecrank.. well thats what i got from the op of this thread. everybody knows what machine learning is its when the machines learn. even with the probably laymans explanation and sardonic tone all the computer words got me messed up. i read one computer word and its lights off up there. but anyway after that its people making small joke posts much like a yobbo would do on the subject of machine learning.

the tone from what i gather is mostly cynicism about the uses of machine learning (shady data collection & surveillance etc). theres a bunch of jokes about deep faking porn videos. another issue that comes up is the conception that algorithms, by the fact that they're run by computers and not done directly by humans, are inherently neutral / free of bias which is wrong & bad since if you teach computer to be racist, computer will be racist.

heres a couple posts in a row that i could understand and that were interesting to me:

The Management posted:

for those of you who haven’t worked with machine learning, here’s how it’s works:

* you take a bunch of pictures of shoes or horses or whatever the gently caress you want to recognize.
* then reduce those images to some ridiculous low resolution thing
* then you cram those images through some matrices until you get some matrix that happens to tell you horse or not horse.
* nobody knows why this matrix is horse, but it seems to work so you’re like, cool, I made a horse model.

now you take your horse model and set out to detect some horses. you take some pics and run them through your model and it’s all here a horse, there a horse, no horse there. but then there’s one picture of a horse and your model says no, not horse. and you have no idea why it’s not horse. the matrix is just a bunch of 8-bit values, it doesn’t even look like a horse. the answer, which you will never discover, is that the picture has a reflection of the sun in the water under the horse, which is not where the sun goes and your model couldn’t deal with that.

and then you realize that your model doesn’t understand poo poo, it hasn’t learned anything. it is incapable of learning, it’s a loving filter.

Sagebrush posted:

To me the most damning example is those papers with adversarial techniques where they apply a really subtle filter to the image and it tricks the algorithm. Like you start with an image of a turtle, and the machine recognizes it as a turtle, and then you apply a tiny convolution that affects 10% of the pixels in an almost undetectable way, and the algorithm is now certain that it's a picture of a gun. But it still looks like a turtle to you.

So the takeaway is that whatever the algorithm is triggering on, it's absolutely not what humans think of as turtle-like features. It doesn't see things the way that humans do, doesn't have the same "mental" model of the world. That means you can't make any assumptions about its behavior that are based on how humans would treat a given situation. yet that's exactly what people do when they start pressing these systems into service in things like self-driving cars.

this all seems to agree with my conception prior to clicking on the thread that this kind of thing is 1) fake 2) nefarious or 3) both

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Goons Are Gifts

Thanks that's really really interesting, I used to work with that stuff on a general and non computer level and I didn't know yospos had a thread for that and now I'm very pumped to read it in detail and get lost in the computer words that I have to look up every 4 seconds!!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Goons Are Great posted:

Thanks that's really really interesting, I used to work with that stuff on a general and non computer level and I didn't know yospos had a thread for that and now I'm very pumped to read it in detail and get lost in the computer words that I have to look up every 4 seconds!!

I did a paper about the implementation of lockean abstraction in neural networks in grad school. I still feel like machine learning is just a series of filters and no actual robust "learning" is taking place.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

magic cactus posted:

I did a paper about the implementation of lockean abstraction in neural networks in grad school. I still feel like machine learning is just a series of filters and no actual robust "learning" is taking place.

this is my understanding as well. but my deep learning ai neural networking blockchain startup aims to solve all that. how you ask? well, that's a trade secret. machine intelligence.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

magic cactus posted:

I still feel like machine learning is just a series of filters and no actual robust "learning" is taking place.

Sounds like me in math class.

Fleta Mcgurn

Porpoise noise continues.
I am sorry I am late with my second trip report, please forgive me! I work a lot and am stupid. It's coming this weekend.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chewbecca

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am sorry I am late with my second trip report, please forgive me! I work a lot and am stupid. It's coming this weekend.

Don't sweat it friend, I look forward to reading it when it's done! :hfive:

corgski

Silly goose, you're here forever.

this is a thread about bad technology in science fiction. as you can imagine star trek’s exploding consoles get brought up almost immediately. someone also points out that stargate has almost absurdly terrible technology that could instantly vaporize entire towns if they’d were built too close and could vaporize humans in three out of the four possible use cases.

later in the thread there’s a discussion of gundams and how the anime nazis always had really advanced battle mechas with fatal flaws and the scrappy heroes use that to overcome them and send them back to space hague. I think that’s how that works.

overall I give the thread 75/100 because I did this like I did every book report in middle school where I read the first few pages and then skipped to the end, and if that got me consistent Cs then the thread is worth at least a C too. in conclusion, science fiction technology is a land of contrasts.

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

old friend

i'll do it again

Chewbecca

old friend posted:

i'll do it again

Periodicals chat - THE NEW GOON, from CSPAM

take the moon

by sebmojo
hey i was real trashed (like extremely) when i did this last & didnt like how it turned out. can i do another?

----------------

Chewbecca

take the moon posted:

hey i was real trashed (like extremely) when i did this last & didnt like how it turned out. can i do another?

Any old fan sites you visited years ago that still exist, from the Imp Zone

take the moon

by sebmojo
this thread is p good but because reasons a trip report wont be up till later. ty for linking it

----------------

Blackmore

Catch the Rainbow

nut posted:

I have taken on too much atm to do another trip report but i just wanna post to say welcome and that we are excited to see what u come up with!

Thanks pal :unsmith:

An exciting venture into a subculture I know very, very little about. Let's take a gander at what we have here...

Like any fan of something that decides to call themselves an [x]-phile, audiophiles really, really, really like their musical apparatuses to be as bombastic as possible, and will pay large amounts of money to listen to high-fidelity Breakfast in America. No really. The speakers look to be between $1.4k-$3k each, the system around $6k-$7.5k and the turntable something to the tune of $4.5k, a handful of hundred dollar copper cables... there's a lot more to this business than I initially thought, I won't lie.

I don't really know much about vinyl or their players, so I'm not actually sure what the ballpark actually is when it comes to comfortable listening, and I'm pretty happy with my cozy, cheapish headphones, but given the opportunity to listen to Bowling for Soup on a high quality, $40k setup? How could I resist? I think these people have it made. I'm inspired, actually.

On second thought maybe I don't have the patience or understanding to go to the lengths these people do for their hobby.

What I do admire, though, are the setups where people pay a house's mortgage while leaving their records on the floor. Admirable, really. They know what they're about : big shiny juicy boxes to show off to guests and bother their neighbors when it's time to listen to Men At Work.

I can't even begin to comprehend what this is. It's scientific, almost. The aesthetic mashup of the chandelier and lush fireplace with the near-alien... uh... technology, is really throwing me for a loop. But I bet it sounds real good. Like really good. Trust me dude, we'll listen to Mort Garson's Plantasia (ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ғᴏʀ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ™) and it'll blow your tits clean off.

Really, after hitting the third and final page, I'm mostly impressed by the dedication people will put into listening to their thirty records at the highest quality they can.

take the moon

by sebmojo
okay trip report time :) most of this will be weird trivia i learned about these games from some of these bonkers sites

so the first site i went to was the one in the op, a tactics ogre fan site. was kind of trashed and this sent me down a filez rabbithole i won't discuss further. something about the way the site described the game made me really want to play it.

the second site is spyro hints. spyro seems even creepier than sonic but ok. i clicked on the plot of "spyro 2: riptide's rage/gateway to glimmer" & apparently he beats monks in ice hockey at one point which is lol

this is a fanpage about glover. its weird af & cursed trip material but also p funny. warning: most of the site is broken

beath of flams is a parody walkthrough of a game that doesn't exist. cursed trip material again but slightly less so imo. scroll to a random part for mild amusement. at one point its optimal to cast flying toasters on the gorgon woodchuck 4 example

on this metroid site i learned that metroid is srz biz. i tried looking up advanced techs but got confused. ive never played a metroid game. in metroid: echoes you can get the screw attack before the spider ball if you work it right

resident evil fan is jokes. i went right to the plot analysis where you can learn about like all the viruses. there are like a lot. i literally thought it was only one virus doing everything. they invented some ridiculous ones for no reason, like i think the g-virus is where that started:

quote:

By the time of RE2, William Birkin had spent ten years working on
the G-Virus. A creature infected by Birkin's G-Virus is a rapidly
mutating killing machine. It possesses incredible strength and
resilience, and early in its metamorphosis, can use simple tools.
Damage that incapacitates the G-Type just forces it to mutate
into a new, more dangerous form, and nothing short of total
incineration will kill it.

like why would you invent this :psyduck:

also the working theory is all re protags have natural immunity which is why you can play as them and don't start the game as a dead zombie

i next went to Odyssey of Hyrule where i clicked on "violence in video games". later posts in the thread reveal that the author was ostracized from the Zelda community from having controversial views on 9/11

gia is a gaming newz site with things like reviews of jet set radio future when it came out. all these sites are like way early 2000s which is a trip & articles about games i was playing back then are v nostalgic

thats all i want to post for now but i'll bookmark the thread & post more if anything interesting comes up

take the moon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 23, 2020

----------------

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i have fallen behind but i will try to get my trip report up tonight or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
an ode to poem dome: the barnold trip report

o great poem dome
where rhymes are spitted and verses spat
born in 2019 and died mid-2020
what the hell is up with that

lots of nice poetry though
on a wide variety of different topics
to say that these are idle minds
would certainly be myopic

no one entered the most recent challenge
the host has pressed "abort"
that is the story of the poem dome