Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the devs had. "non-face images" and "faces images" folders for training, and they had the wrong file accidentally in "non face images". So the neural network was accidentally learned about that particular face, despite not being the intention of the devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tei posted:

I think the devs had. "non-face images" and "faces images" folders for training, and they had the wrong file accidentally in "non face images". So the neural network was accidentally learned about that particular face, despite not being the intention of the devs.
Lol they hit a checkbox and the face went away.

It's software you can use for portraits, landscapes, or maybe something in between. There's training you want for faces for the portrait part and running it for a landscape you can run it just fine 99% of the time with the training including faces. But that 1% the face scaling kicks in and you get a sunburnt movie star with droopy eyes staring back at you till you turn off the portrait-focused recognize faces check box and run it again.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

... what the hell.
I assumed that they uploaded that 'original' image at like 10x scale so that nobody could try to replicate it at home.
So that they could go 'Oh but you don't have the original file, so of course it might be different for you.'

So I downloaded it and scaled it down to 10%, then tried it myself, because I refused to believe it. Flipping between a x4 upscale and x4 upscale + face refinement.
https://i.imgur.com/IbwE5le.mp4

Egg on my face then, I guess. :negative:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That is legitimately creepy and i hate it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/1296450097040039938

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Should have called it the all-natural Inuit diet to avoid controversy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Getting pirate diseases and losing my teeth to own the libs

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
conscurvatives

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Lol that he couldn't "assert his masculinity" enough to eat fresh meat and organ meat, which would've given some vitamin C. You'd think if you're going to do this kind of poo poo you might research it a bit or even ask a doctor first. But I guess that's just foolish woman talk.

I kind of want to know why some people think fruits and vegetables are inherently feminine (???), but at the same time I absolutely do not want to know.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You really have to go out of your way to avoid any source of vitamin C, what an offal mistake.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Have you ever seen a banana? What about a squash? Penises.

And don’t get me started on tomatoes and onions. Testicles.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now I just have to start my day with a nice frothy soy milk and fruit shake, I'll gobble those creamy globs and get all the vitamins I need.

Just kidding. Oat milk is way tastier.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Telemaze posted:

Lol that he couldn't "assert his masculinity" enough to eat fresh meat and organ meat, which would've given some vitamin C. You'd think if you're going to do this kind of poo poo you might research it a bit or even ask a doctor first. But I guess that's just foolish woman talk.

I kind of want to know why some people think fruits and vegetables are inherently feminine (???), but at the same time I absolutely do not want to know.
It's masculinity not masculimety!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

People dissing my glorious potato deserve their curses

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Telemaze posted:

Look it's called an all meat diet okay that tells you all you need to know right there
You just order a big steak like fred flintstone and if your car tips over you're good to go

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Fred pretty clearly orders ribs

:goonsay:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

aardwolf posted:

Fred pretty clearly orders ribs

:goonsay:

This was legitimately a Mandela Effect moment for me when I drew some Flintstones knockoff art a while back. Also I was far enough into it that I just said gently caress it and continued with the giant steak :colbert:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I would totally buy this and make a bed and breakfast out of the jail part.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
1) You'd almost certainly need to keep it in jail form because it's a historical property
2) It's probably illegal to offer a hotel where the toilet is in full view of everyone else in the hotel

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Baron von Eevl posted:

1) You'd almost certainly need to keep it in jail form because it's a historical property
2) It's probably illegal to offer a hotel where the toilet is in full view of everyone else in the hotel

2) doesn't apply in Germany, where you would need a special permit to install hidden toilets, or VBZ.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Baron von Eevl posted:

You could set up a folding screen to hide the privy, if you have a 24/7 attendant you could probably even lock your tenants in, market it as some sort of high-end cosplay/fetish thing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Romanian Billionaire Poisoned by Call Girl at Sex Club Featuring ‘Virgin’ Ponies

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Painting Eyes on Cow Butts Could Save Cattle and Lion Lives

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Finally, my time to shine

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Should have called it the all-natural Inuit diet to avoid controversy

The Inuit are smart enough to eat it raw to get vitamin C.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Telemaze posted:

So if ye olde sailors only ate fresh meat, they still would've gotten enough vitamin C to not develop scurvy? Or do you really need to eat organs as well?
E: Actually, it's completely irrelevant whether it's a sailor or not, I'm just surprised meat has vitamin C.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not a whole lot of it. while people in edible vegetation scarce environments can live off meat, it probably shouldn't be your first choice for a fad diet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Meat has vitamin C for the same reason we suffer scurvy without it: it is necessary for most animal life.

All higher plants produce vitamin C, and most animals do, too. Humans are among the smattering of animals whose vitamin C pathways have broken. Evolution has not selected against this because vitamin C is ubiquitous. It’s just not stable, so eat preserved food for months and you’ll get scurvy. Animals don’t eat much preserved food.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
GLUT-1 Weird Trick to increase reproductive fitness! Citrus hate it!

Splicer has a new favorite as of 12:33 on Aug 21, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrossMurpel posted:

So if ye olde sailors only ate fresh meat, they still would've gotten enough vitamin C to not develop scurvy? Or do you really need to eat organs as well?
E: Actually, it's completely irrelevant whether it's a sailor or not, I'm just surprised meat has vitamin C.

Not fresh, raw. Cooking rapidly destroys the vitamin C. The Inuit traditionally survived on a diet that’s almost 100% hunting because they ate much of their catch raw (often frozen to preserve it) and ate the organs and blood as well.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Telemaze posted:

Fruit are literally ovaries. Something to think about.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Not a whole lot of it. while people in edible vegetation scarce environments can live off meat, it probably shouldn't be your first choice for a fad diet.

As I said, it's all about branding, he should have just called it the natural paleo-carb (don't specify whether low, medium, or high) Inuit-inspired Blunt diet and Jezebel would be cheering him on instead of drinking his male tears

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phlegmish posted:

As I said, it's all about branding, he should have just called it the natural paleo-carb (don't specify whether low, medium, or high) Inuit-inspired Blunt diet and Jezebel would be cheering him on instead of drinking his male tears

I doubt mince + chicken + mayo even qualifies as paleo.

I'm kinda impressed he stuck with it for 2 months. Not burgers, just mince. No buns, pickles, fries, etc. just a big ol' plate of hamburger. That's commitment to a bit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The story of how a 9-year-old got 'drunk on power' during Neopets' heyday

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao this is pretty much Goodfellas with 10 year olds.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:stonklol:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/24/21377011/robot-nasal-swab-machine-autonomous-covid-19-test-brain-navi

Watch the horror yourself:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/421394109

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Aug 24, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
why can’t they have robot arms attached to human-operated controls? that would be better, idk, i’d do that

e. oh, it’s a startup

nishi koichi has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Aug 24, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Don't let the robot arm controlled by node.js stick things anywhere. Some webshit will have forgotten to === instead of == and it'll push that test thing through your skull instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

chitoryu12 posted:

Not fresh, raw. Cooking rapidly destroys the vitamin C. The Inuit traditionally survived on a diet that’s almost 100% hunting because they ate much of their catch raw (often frozen to preserve it) and ate the organs and blood as well.

Inuit, Eskimo, and other circumpolar cultures also ate (maybe still eat, idk) fish and whale skin, which are apparently very high in C.

I would rather have an orange.