Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Fame Douglas posted:

Stop trying to police opinions you don't like.

in fairness the opinion was dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris posted:

trueanon and cum town are the best pods. just need a cumanon crossover and then we can abolish podcasts

i agree with this post

littleorv posted:

Giving a very strong "come on man" to the mod rn

this one too :twisted:

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Aug 20, 2020

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

THS posted:

lol what is this

:airquote:A satirical spoof:airquote:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/IllumiCorp

uber_stoat posted:

i think someone may need to do a welfare check on trueanon brace.

Evergreen

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Fame Douglas posted:

I suggest you listen to the episode and report back on your findings for the thread.

Lol loser

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

don't be mean, I actually think he's unwell. he posted in the Retro Games forum accusing a guy, who noticed in his replay of Deus Ex that it was made illegal for citizens to own guns in-fiction, of wanting a gun irl to rob a store clerk

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

AnEdgelord posted:

I kinda wish that Matt would be the third Mic on TrueAnon instead of being on Chapo but Im not sure if that would gently caress up the Liz and Brace chemistry

matt christman wouldn't work in trueanon, i don't think any of the chapos would - the show comes to life by merging the sheer frantic energy of brace belden with franczak's relative erudition and general niceness, but it also relies on them being willing to dabble in conspiratorial thinking and bone-hard communism - they're not the least bit worried about being really weird, which chapo really is

the pop culture element which is so crucial to cth is completely absent in and would be entirely inappropriate for trueanon, for instance, and christman gets too agitated about stuff in a way that needs the more phlegmatic chapos to balance out

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Podsave boys on Kamala

Podsuck My Dick posted:

Podjon: Ellisa, tell us exactly when and how you found out about the pick and what was your immediate reaction.

Femjon: I found out about the pick on cnn *laugh* and I mean I think the two to put it into the words of Elizabeth Warren: "LETS loving GO". Like it was great its exciting, you know, its great. Its wonderful. It's a woman.

Podjon: Dan?

Danjon: It's a woman!

Podjon: Dan what do you think, what was your initial reaction.

Danjon: I found out about in the Crooked Media slack channel.

Podjon: There you go thats where you find out all your breaking news!

Danjon: *Laugh* Yes. I agree with Ellisa. I think when something is expected its easy to, in the run up to it, not fully recognize how exciting it can be. Like if you had asked anyone a year ago and you were to say: Joe Biden is going to be the nominee. Who is his VP gonna be? most people would have guessed Kamala Harris. But the theoretical is different than the actual. And it was incredibly exciting when the news came out. The excitement of people all across the country and the party was palpable. The, even talking to people in my life who were not engaged with politics were very excited about. I am as pumped up about this election as I have been, you know, in many months.

Podjon: I was surprised by how much it meant to me. I think you guys will agree with me is one of the downsides of being political junkies like us is that sometimes you get so caught up in the daily bullshit you can miss the larger significance of certain moments. And I was thinking back to that night that Barack Obama made history being the first black candidate to win the Iowa caucaus. And how one of the people celebrating in the office when they called the race was then SF DA Kamala Harris who had been out campaigning for him. A decade later Donald Trump wins in part to a racial backlash to Barack Obama. And now, to beat him, Joe Bide, the older white guy Obama selected as his running mate, turns around and chooses Kamala whose parents, like Obamas, came from opposite sides of the world, to become the first black woman to run on a major party ticket. And it sort of reminded me of what our old boss said, I think shortly after Trump won, that "history doesn't always move in a straight line, but it moves." And... I don't know. Its a big deal. A big deal.

Femjon: And I thought the video was CHARMING! Of Joe Biden and Kamala. Oh my god. You know sometimes thats not done well and can seem very inauthentic and hokey. I loved it. She looked like a normal person. I'm wearing this Kamala shirt because it's what she was wearing in her video. I thought it was great. And you know what else? And this is so music nerd of me. But I was like, loving Bob Marley is up in heaven SMILING right now, someone of Jamaican descent is gonna be Vice President of the United states! So anyway.

Podjon: I hadn't thought of that. Thats awesome.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is anyone familiar with Knowledge Fight?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Podsave boys on Kamala

every state and local democratic party staffer and officer under 50 talks exactly like that. it's extremely unsettling

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Podsave boys on Kamala

lol its like a vp unboxing video

"i knew there would be an iphone inside, but the theoretical is different than the actual"

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

also lol how much more can the obama admin and entourage poo poo and piss and telephone game that mlk/parker quote

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
That Bob Marley thing is incredible because of how vapid and racist it is. Its not a music nerd thing it's just Marley is literally the only Jamaican any of these people have ever heard of because they consider a poor minority community like that dirt and know nothing about it.

e: also he would very much not be down with either of these loving goblins

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

quote:

Danjon: I found out about in the Crooked Media slack channel.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

quote:

Rastafari teaches that the black African diaspora are exiles living in "Babylon", a term which it applies to Western society.[113] For Rastas, European colonialism and global capitalism are regarded as manifestations of Babylon,[114] while police and soldiers are viewed as its agents.[115]

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Podsave boys on Kamala

This is loving fake right?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The Chad Jihad posted:

Is anyone familiar with Knowledge Fight?

Listened to them for a while and they have a fun, if a bit repetitive, show

Alex Jones and his brand of crazy is a rich vein of content for them but they sometimes spend a bit too much time debunking the exact same horseshit over and over again because Alex never stops saying it

be warned though, they are friends with Robert Evans and subscribe to his same brand of pro-bellingcat talking points which occasionally crop up whenever the topic of conversation shifts to the middle east and syria in particular

I like them best when they do older Infowars episodes or even riff on some of Bill Cooper's old shows

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The closer Vaush gets to a vote blue no matter who scold the more he's been lashing out and projecting those qualities on other people.

Which is confusing because the only critique I see of him outside of this thread is that he's an edgy dirtbag - the scolds would realize in a second that he's just like them if they watched him for more than 5 minutes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he is a vote blue no matter who scold already

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
well there was that weird meltdown about trans women from Vaush so don't expect them to do that

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

V. Illych L. posted:

sartre has a book specifically about the imaginary and the theory of mind which directly addresses the starting point of christman's chain of reasoning

i do tend to agree that e.g. husserl is a better starting point

Yeah I was mostly kidding, I have heard that Sartre has some good work on phenomenology and I can't really speak with any authority since I've mostly only read secondary sources on the topic.

I think I missed where Matt was dismissing phenomenology, was it in a twitch stream or one of the recent pod episodes? It's kind of a bummer that he's being close minded in that respect. I'm really enamored with it and find it to be a fruitful methodology but I guess maybe there's a bit of friction between a hard materialist outlook and phenomenology?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

He is a scold and im annoyed he's primed thousands of dipshits to call people class reductionists without giving any kind of clear definition of what it means.

Other than "leftist I do not like" of course

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Gods_Butthole posted:

Yeah I was mostly kidding, I have heard that Sartre has some good work on phenomenology and I can't really speak with any authority since I've mostly only read secondary sources on the topic.

I think I missed where Matt was dismissing phenomenology, was it in a twitch stream or one of the recent pod episodes? It's kind of a bummer that he's being close minded in that respect. I'm really enamored with it and find it to be a fruitful methodology but I guess maybe there's a bit of friction between a hard materialist outlook and phenomenology?

Holy gently caress I thought everyone here was disappointed Matt wasn't discussing "phrenology" enough.

Needless to say I thought that was a little weird

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

People into politics are all tank babies with a genetically modified brain capable of processing and refining just-so bullshit for any and every one of their constant fuckups and I regret ever wasting my time on BEB.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

littleorv posted:

Holy gently caress I thought everyone here was disappointed Matt wasn't discussing "phrenology" enough.

Needless to say I thought that was a little weird

Personally I think that phrenology is an underappreciated branch of science and I do think Matt doesn't discuss it enough :colbert:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

God Hole posted:

camping is great because for a day or two, the back porch view some rich rear end in a top hat would pay $2.5 million to spend two weeks out of the year in is yours for free

one time I was biking up to the top of trail ridge road (highest road in the US I think) in rocky mountain national park to enjoy some well-deserved scenic views from the top of the world. it's a skinny road so every driver had to slow down behind me for at most 60 seconds so oncoming traffic could pass. dozens of cars passed me that day, and to every single one of them I was the biggest most offensive piece of poo poo on the planet. one of them even threw a large Mcdonalds dr pepper at me and screamed as they rolled coal past. i saved the life of another idiot when they tried to pass me on a blind hairpin turn and would have collided headfirst into an oncoming truck if i didn't move into their path when i heard the engine start to gun behind me.

you don't have to deal with any of those lazy fat fucks when you're out in the wilderness.

Nothing will put an ordinary American into the mindset of a psychopathic killer faster than sharing a road with a bicycle.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

new ep is up my peeps

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gh0stpinballa posted:

new ep is up my peeps

Sweet which pod? Chapo? Trueanon? Cumtown?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Pod Save America

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

V. Illych L. posted:

matt christman wouldn't work in trueanon, i don't think any of the chapos would - the show comes to life by merging the sheer frantic energy of brace belden with franczak's relative erudition and general niceness, but it also relies on them being willing to dabble in conspiratorial thinking and bone-hard communism - they're not the least bit worried about being really weird, which chapo really is

the pop culture element which is so crucial to cth is completely absent in and would be entirely inappropriate for trueanon, for instance, and christman gets too agitated about stuff in a way that needs the more phlegmatic chapos to balance out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgGTydNSr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDq0Mkq0gM8

fwiw matt went on their twitch stream and it sure was something

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
ghost stories for the end of the world!
https://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dr. Killjoy posted:

ghost stories for the end of the world!
https://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

L E T S G O

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

T-man posted:

People into politics are all tank babies with a genetically modified brain capable of processing and refining just-so bullshit for any and every one of their constant fuckups and I regret ever wasting my time on BEB.

what makes the pod jons truly evil is that they aren't just politics likers like this

it's that they basically replaced the entire democratic establishment with politics likers after obama won which destroyed the party's ability to wield any power

now the party is just empty platitudes to mask republican policy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gods_Butthole posted:

it was on a twitch stream, i think a lot of his stream shave been good although sometimes its half staring idley at the chat

https://twitch.tv/videos/714402810

i dont know how to lnik to a time-stamp but this was just after 26:00 if you wanted to skip. i dont think he was being close-minded about phenomenology

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Biden's talking:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's not that he's close-minded about it, i just think he has no idea it exists or places it in the context of building a theory of mind. he tries to start from first principles and presents a theory of consciousness which precludes originality, which is a very strong statement in a way i don't think he's thought through properly

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

trueanon's new ep makes a fairly cogent point that the clintons may well have become a serious liability to the democrats at this point and should've been kept away from speaking at the convention

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's definitely bizarre that the whole convention was ostensibly based around appealing to the mythical republican moderates yet prominently featured both clintons, probably the most deeply loathed political figures among that group

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Krazyface posted:

Biden's talking:

Will and Amber looked good during that stream, got rid of the coke bloat.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dmitri-9 posted:

Will and Amber looked good during that stream, got rid of the coke bloat.

I always thought coke was slimming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I always thought coke was slimming

Eventually it will cause your face to puff up.