Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Game: Guns for Hire
System: Zafir (No experience required)
Format: Roll20 (Discord for voice chat)
Players: 3-5

Description: Be mercenaries in a light, action movie-ish campaign with an emphasis on tactical combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Game: Caves of Chaos & Other Published Dungeons
System: Into the Odd (Effortless to learn OSR system)
Format: Roll20 (Discord or Zoom for voice chat, depending on player preferences)
Players: 4-6 (Drop-In style, so you're welcome to play however often you feel like)

Description: Let's play a bunch of classic and modern dungeon-crawl modules, and then talk about them! Get ready to die in stupid ways, outwit monsters in stupid ways, and get rich quick in stupid ways.

OtspIII fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 10, 2020

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Game: A Series of Dungeon Crawling One Shots
System: KNAVE
Format: Foundry VTT with Discord Voice
Players: 3 or 4 more players

Description: I want to run a series of one shot dungeon crawls in a bunch of different systems, so that I can provide an informed opinion about it. We're playing with the KNAVE game system, exploring a long-buried fire temple in a lost desert city. The next session is on Thursday, and you can drop in for as many sessions as you'd like.

BTL_Simulations
Jul 24, 2020
Well hello there! May I get an invite to the SA Trad Games Discord? :coal:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

edit: ignore wrong thread

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Cobbold's A Horde type CYOA
System: Homebrew PbP system where you vote by doing, and every voter is a player!
Format: PbP Orokos Dependent
Players: 20+ (Right now hard cap is 39, but we're hopefully getting more soon.

Description:

Every year and a half or so on the blood moon doors are shut, curtains are drawn and people hide in their homes. As the red light from the lunar eclipse reaches their doorsteps people do everything they can to keep themselves safe. For every Blood Moon some of those who are caught out in the light… turn.

And that's exactly what you are, a creature in the night, a lone faceless creating their own memories and forging their own lives through the crafting of weapons, the casting of rituals, and the music of violence

Cobbolds is incredibly simple to play, you just make a character, and roll a d100 when you vote for an option, I then tell you your results in a big post with everyone else's results! Why play Cobbolds?

Every Player gets their own drawing!

We have fan arts!

We have animations, and custom music that I make!

https://i.imgur.com/sUYltNJ.mp4

And Hyper-Leaf!

So please scroll back up and click the link, or click it here! Join us on this journey! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930775#post506147417

Do you want to ask questions? Just @Boba Pearl (she/her)#3458 On DogKisser's CYOA discord, or the CYOA Official Discord!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: Monsters Rise of the Runelords
System: Pathfinder, but using the 3.5 Monster Classes from the Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes board.
Format: PbP, Discord, Roll20 hybrid.
Players: 4-5

Description: You are all monsters who underwent a ritual so you could better blend in with humanoids, and are on a quest to become big heroes so you can gain acceptance for your monster kind.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Game: Welcome to the Cool Zone
System: Geist 2E
Format: PBP, google-docs, discord (for player chat)
Players: 4-5

Description: It's Florida in the middle of the COVID pandemic. You died somehow, and a little god of death offered you a second chance. Now you and your friends are teaming up to teach the world that Better Things Are Possible, Actually. A game of catharsis, where together we can confront the terrors and horrors of a world that's turned into a goddamn WOD setting all on its own.

Come tell a rad ghost story with me!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Game: Kaiju Gods: Large and in Charge

System: PDQ with some addition.
Format: PbP
Players: Looking for 6-8 players.
Description: A small/medium/large(size mechanics) godsgame where you are a giant monster. The races and nations of the world have delved too deep in their greed, the cracks in the world have awakened the Kaiju of the world. YOU!

Additional: If there are any questions feel free to reach out via forum PM. Or join the link to the godgame discord: https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 3, 2020

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Game: Wizards Are Jerks Playtest

System: Homebrew
Format: PbP/ Maybe roll20
Players: Looking for 3-4 players
Description: A Magicka-inspired system. Mix elements to create wonderful spells as you complete missions for a nefarious multiverse Cartel.

Additional: Any input or help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time making a system. Come join the discord! https://discord.com/invite/Xpx6nGs

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
Game: S1: Tomb of Horrors
System: D&Ds I mostly know the rules to: 1e AD&D, Castles & Crusades, 3.5e, pathfinder 1e, pf 2e
Players: As many as want to do it. Seriously, I'll run all the PBPs necessary if there's interest.
Format: Pbp or discords. I'll figure out roll20 if there's interest.
Description: A classic D&D module that I'm happy to run in multiple games or systems. It's very roll-playing heavy, and your character could die almost immediately, so it's pretty low investment other than the effort of rolling characters.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: UN Forces Hell
System: GURPS
Players: 4
Format: Roll20/discord
Description: Welcome to Hell, son! After the End Times came, humanity fought back against the forces of Hell and have liberated the place. Now someone needs to keep order among the dead and you've (posthumously) volunteered! Face off against demon guerrillas, deceased madmen, the forces of darkness, and even Nazis as you try to keep a lid on Hell while the war rages in Heaven. Just PM me your discord and we'll get an interview done!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Maleketh posted:

Game: Guns for Hire
System: Zafir (No experience required)
Players: 3-5

Description: Be mercenaries in a light, action movie-ish campaign with an emphasis on tactical combat.

We lost one player and may be looking at losing another, so I have 1-2 spots open for new players. The game hasn't been going for too long, and there's still time to get in early.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Game: Soulbound: Crash and Burn
System: Age of Sigmar Soulbound (No experience required)
Players: 4-6

Description: You are Soulbound: heroes chosen by the gods to stand against the horrors that plague the Mortal Realms, tasked with preventing a new age of Chaos, Death, and Destruction.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Towards the Sun
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Roll20 (Discord for organization, Voice Chat or Text depending on group preference)
Time: Tentatively Friday Afternoons, EST, but up for changing due to player schedules.
Players: Looking for 3 more players

Description: The players take on the role as a group of young members of a clan of a people inspired by the Yoruba culture of West Africa. Now young adults (roughly 18-25), the players have been named by the Clan's Oba, or king, as the Clan's new Alaabo, or Protectors. The Alaabo are tasked with keeping the peace between things: between the various Clans of your people, between people within clans, between your people and their neighbors, and between the spiritual and the physical. Unfortunately for the players, winds of danger are blowing across the land.

Towards the Sun is a heroic fantasy campaign with inspiration from plenty of stuff that the GM likes, as well as from historical cultures that the GM finds interesting or has some connection to. The region that the game begins in, Ariahia, is inspired by Coastal West Africa, specifically Nigeria, but the world traveling nature of the game will see the players go elsewhere. Expect combat, intrigue, diplomacy, exploration, and a fun rump.

To contact me, PM me here, or reach out to me on the TradGames discord.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 20, 2020

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: BattleCON League
System: BattleCON
Players: Up to 20 players
Format: TTS Module
Description: I've set up a BattleCON league so that people can get regular games of it: the new TTS module has all the new characters and templating changes and it's quite good. Join up and beat my crappy Wardlaw/Alexian!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Game: Heroes Make Their Own Luck!
System: 13th Age
Format: Foundry (Discord for voice chat, Foundry for dice rolling and character sheet storing)
Time: Currently Sundays at 3:00 PM CST, but that's not set in stone yet.
Players: Looking for a total of 4-6 players.

Description: I've heard some good things about this Eyes of the Stone Thief campaign, so I figured I would run what a lot of people are calling one of the best modules ever written. We're going to start out with the Make Your Own Luck module and proceed from there.

If you're interested, PM me here or reach out via the tradgames discord

e: At capacity at the moment; Thanks for the interest!

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 1, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Game: Cobbold's A Horde type CYOA
System: Homebrew PbP system where you vote by doing, and every voter is a player!
Format: PbP Orokos Dependent
Players: 20+ (Right now hard cap is 39, but we're hopefully getting more soon.

Description:

It's another good chance to get into Cobbolds, we're doing a major siege, and things are happening after a month or so of basement management, we've done all the preparation now time to reap the reward. So jump on in, if you haven't played a Horde Type game, :justpost: we'll help you and get it going together.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Game: Khorvaire Died Screaming
System: D&D 4e
Format: Play By Discord
Players: 6

Description: You’ve received a letter to meet with a mysterious employer, offering you a job that could affect the very fate of Khorvaire itself.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: Masks of Nyarlathotep
System: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds, text-only (weekday 7 PM PST start)
Players: ~5

Description: A classic tale of globe-spanning investigation. I'd like to tone down this campaign's notoriously high body count, but keep the sense of doomed people trying to save the world for just one more day. Mood somewhere between The Mummy (Brendan Frasier) and The Mummy (Tom Cruise), with an emphasis on what it's like to be slowly unraveled by the Mythos while you fight to (and discover) what you still hold on to most.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Acthung! Kaiserreich
System: Achtung! Cthulhu/COC 7e
Format: Roll20/Discord
Time: Sundays at noon EST
Players: 5

In 1917, the USA did not join the Great War. In turn, Germany won, ending the world we know. Now, the USA is split between warring factions: the militarist government of Douglas McArthur, who couped the elected president, the rightfully elected Jack Reed, and the rebelling Huey Long and his American Union State. Comrades, the syndicalist revolution is in peril from the forces of reaction! Join the militias of the Combined Syndicates of America to drive back the foe and liberate the proletariat! But be warned, not all is as you know, and eldritch forces boil beneath the surface.

This is a game of Achtung! Cthulhu set in the world of the Hearts of Iron IV mod Kaiserreich. I will provide all necessary PDFs and walk people through character creation if needed. This my first time GMing Call of Cthulhu, so bear with me. PM me your discord so I can interview you.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Boba Pearl, we get it, you're doing Cobbolds. please stop

No shutup, we've got a new game now, and it's called

[God Game/CYOA]Ancient Gods and Shinobi Team - Ninja Magic Pirate Fortress

You play either an ops team managing squads of ninja on deadly missions to keep your place as the top ninja household in the realm, or you're gods of the realm, trying to interact with the world, and slowly using your powers to help (or hinder!) this group of deadly ninja.

Gods players have their own CYOA, and can change any part of the story, by using their boon.

Ops players have their own CYOA as well, but ontop of that, their getting together teams of ninja and sending them off on deadly missions. You'll learn more about these people if you interact with them or ask them questions, either wise their faceless numbers you send out to die for the good of the land.

If that sounds interesting to you, we're recruiting both OPs always, and Gods for right now! So please come join along with me.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Sorry last post, if you bounced off of the God Game I posted, I re-did the OP to be a lot more hook-y and less confusing, I'd love it if you gave it a second chance?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Game: Sundogs
System: Homebrew system
Format: Discord
Time: 7pm GMT-5, saturdays. Open to adjusting.
Players: 3

Humans are trying to settle other planets after earth has been ravaged by climate change and nuclear war. After the development of wormhole technology and much searching, a habitable planet is found, similar to prehistoric earth in both climate and lifeforms. Named Relic, the planet's native fauna have made it surprisingly difficult to settle, but the chance cannot be passed up. You will be playing as a pilot of a Sundog, an experimental transforming aircraft that uses a psychic link with its pilot to enable performance beyond that of a normal craft.

Sundogs is a fairly lightweight homebrew system about psychic fighter pilots. The person GMing has run multiple campaigns using this system already.
If interested, you can PM me or find me in the TG discord(username LazyMaybe)

e: no longer any open player spots

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 24, 2020

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Game: Sword & Sorcery board gamevia a TabletopSimulator Mod
Time: Usually do Sunday afternoons but I'm open to most times
Players: can support up to 5 we currently have 2

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Game: A Brighter Tomorrow
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Semi-Synchronous PbP (written together on word docs then posted to a thread)
Players: Maximum of 6

The Cult of the Illuminated's ranks swell with the dispossessed, the downtrodden...and the mighty Solars, finally returned to Creation. Come join the Cult, and learn of your responsibilities to the common man and the faith while working to establish a new order in Creation. Lunars and Dragonblooded also welcome!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Four hundred or so years ago a sorceress blasted a hole in her barony and wiped it of all life. Now it's a bone-strewn wasteland full of ambient necromantic energy...

So it's the perfect place to assemble a monster out of animal bones and have a fighting tournament!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Spoopymon?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Game: Reach For the Heights
System: Blades in the Dark
Setting: Eberron
Format: PBP/Discord
Players: 4-6

Do you enjoy crime? Do you enjoy golem mobsters? Do you desperately need a distraction from current events? Then welcome to Sharn, the city of towers, where anything is available for the right price, and where no one ever rises so high that they can't come tumbling down! I'm looking to put together a crew, and I need people with a particular set of skills.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Having another crack at running a Flying Circus PbP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946816

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Game: Lancer!!!!!!!!!!!
System: Lancer
Setting: Eberron
Format: Discord/Roll20
Time: 00:01 UTC on Sundays
Players: 1 or 2

Need replacement(s) for a Lancer game currently at LL0. Drive a giant stompy robot as part of the UN Peace Force on Poitot, a deep periphery planet in an unnamed system far away, a long time into the future!

Full

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 20, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm writing a Choose Your Own Adventure story, and I need players (Like you!)

This story is called kitty quest, and it's a tale of a Powerful Ancient Sorcerer, cursed to take the form of a Cat. What kind of hijinks will she get into when a wild Fox chases her back into the town she swore she'd never return too? You'll have to read to find out! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947716

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Game: Hellworld 2020
System: Homebrew that's just Disco Elysium with the serial numbers filed off
Setting: Barlowe's Inferno
Format: Combination PBP and Discord.
Players: I dunno 5?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947777

Come be a damned Soul! Go to Hell! Get tortured by demons! Curl up into a ball and cry! Maybe overthrow the Demon Patriarchy.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Game: Glory in the Shell
System: Apocalypse World 2E
Setting: A city of ruins nestled beneath a disturbingly large... wall? labyrinth? overturned toilet?
Format: PbP with a dash of Discord
Players: 4

don't worry about it, it's probably just a funny looking boulder haha

suicide4sexbots fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 28, 2020

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Game: Game! (based on Blame!)
System: simplified version of Simple World, in full here: Game!
Setting: The Authority is not granting access at this time.
Format: Discord (recruit/ooc will be here too)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: The New Dawn - Tales From The New World
System: Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition)
Setting: A custom setting that I've come up with. There's an evil empire making moves all over the world to become the world's largest super power, can you stop them?
Format: Discord/Roll20 unless you want to do it through something else, I'm flexible.

I'm available almost 24/7 so I will work around your schedule! Please come and join!

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 19, 2020

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Game: Fractal Adventures in Epic Histories - A Microscope CYOA
System: Microscope/CYOA
Setting: Time to write a history - its a blank slate so far, but with your help, something epic can form!
Format: PBP

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
With knife fight over and done with, I have room on my plate for a new game!

This one is a racing game, you all get a drawing of a space ship and try to be the first to get to a planet where one the world's most dangerous war criminals live, and Blow It The F* UP!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949630

Make your ships, and come play!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Bad Idea
System: Monsterhearts 2.0
Setting: Some terrible teenagers who also happen to be monsters live in a town that is a mecca for spring break students. Hi-jinks may or may not ensue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welfarestateofmind
Apr 11, 2020

"You are a violent and irrepressible miracle. The vacuum of cosmos and the stars burning in it are afraid of you. Given enough time you would wipe us all out and replace us with nothing -- just by accident."
Game: untitled vaporwave revolution
System: Spire
Setting: An #aesthetic take on the game, players play a revolutionary cell of dark elves attempting to overthrow the tyranny of their oppressors, starting with the management of a run-down arcade.
Format: Play-by-Post