Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Whatever happened to his (allegedly magnificent) humongous beard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I demand beard!!!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Are knights the new commanders or are they separate?

Each army only has one commander and has some number of knights. I think your commander can be one of your knights.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Is the symbol next to Content Adventurer "bisexual" because if so I'm extremely here for bisexual, bireligious El Cid orgies.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im not sure I like character's sexuality being visible to everyone, seems like it would just lead to me farming hooks on every useful homosexual character in my region

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

AnEdgelord posted:

Im not sure I like character's sexuality being visible to everyone, seems like it would just lead to me farming hooks on every useful homosexual character in my region

that's what I call a productive Saturday night on Grindr tbh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quorum posted:

that's what I call a productive Saturday night on Grindr tbh

hey

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Major Isoor posted:

Whatever happened to his (allegedly magnificent) humongous beard?

Wasn't it the dev's vanity character (named Rodrigue as opposed to Rodrigo) that had the unexpected humongous beard?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Quorum posted:

Is the symbol next to Content Adventurer "bisexual" because if so I'm extremely here for bisexual, bireligious El Cid orgies.
I'm pretty sure that's the symbol for hetero but we know from DDs that bisexual and asexual are in the game.

And in the game rules you can set any orientation to be the majority, or make them equal.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I do hope that I can form a Shia heresy that outlaws heterosexuality and conquer the world in the name of Gay Shia though

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

AnEdgelord posted:

I do hope that I can form a Shia heresy that outlaws heterosexuality and conquer the world in the name of Gay Shia though

Hey, don't cut yourself on the submit button you ... oh. Username/post, carry on.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Hellioning posted:

Each army only has one commander and has some number of knights. I think your commander can be one of your knights.

No, the Knight tooltip clarifies that they can't also be a commander

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

I hope you can mend the Schism with your custom heresy. :sickos:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Heterosexuality is the opiate of the masses

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

By default you cannot outlaw heterosexuality and cannot gay marry. Your only option to conquer the world for gayness is to make homosexuality and infidelity accepted.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

Wasn't it the dev's vanity character (named Rodrigue as opposed to Rodrigo) that had the unexpected humongous beard?

Nah, I haven't actually seen any of their streams, etc. I just read The Sword of The Cid a while back, is all. And I remember reading that El Cid's beard was so magnificent that even the king was deeply impressed by it, haha (it also hadn't been pulled by any man, which was apparently something of a feat in those days)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 21, 2020

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Major Isoor posted:

Nah, I haven't actually seen any of their streams, etc. I just read The Sword of The Cid a while back, is all. And I remember reading that El Cid's beard was so magnificent that even the king was deeply impressed by it, haha (it also hadn't been pulled by any man, which was apparently something of a feat in those days)

Not sure if you preordered it on Paradox Store or not, but they've commented on it and it turned out to be a problem with the age rating for Australia and New Zealand. No timing on a fix, but they'll honor existing preorders from those regions.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/update-on-australian-and-new-zealand-pre-orders.1412102/

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hellioning posted:

By default you cannot outlaw heterosexuality and cannot gay marry. Your only option to conquer the world for gayness is to make homosexuality and infidelity accepted.

This is terrible news.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
OK, I watched the newest stream, and one thing I'm really excited about is touched on right at the end: If you have a spouse that is of a local culture and you're of a foreign culture, you could get events that fire where the Spouse helps mediate disputes for you and so on.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
the contextual links to people in event windows is such a huge QOL that I'm already trying to click names in my monarch playthroughs

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Veryslightlymad posted:

OK, I watched the newest stream, and one thing I'm really excited about is touched on right at the end: If you have a spouse that is of a local culture and you're of a foreign culture, you could get events that fire where the Spouse helps mediate disputes for you and so on.

Yeah that's cool, it's part of the better spouse integration at court where they actually matter and do stuff in your court so long as they're unlanded.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

Do note they can only be blackmailed for homosexual acts, not just for being homosexual.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 21, 2020

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Magil Zeal posted:

Do note they can only be blackmailed for homosexual acts, not just for being homosexual.
I've asked devs the same question. They admitted that homosexuals (and to a lesser extent bisexuals) are slightly more vulnerable and having this information may seem gamey. However, it'd be much more frustrating discovering your spouse or heir is actually homosexual too late.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
At least in CK2 it's not that much of an issue. A lustful gay character has a higher chance to father/mother children than a non-lustful straight character.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I accomplished my last bright idea for ck2. There's an African bloodline that enables enatic cognatic succession, and one guy has it in the iron century start. Yes, you can become a line of female Caliphs, and yes the title changes to Calipha.

Bring on the CK3 streams FFS!!

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

abrosheen posted:

I accomplished my last bright idea for ck2. There's an African bloodline that enables enatic cognatic succession, and one guy has it in the iron century start. Yes, you can become a line of female Caliphs, and yes the title changes to Calipha.

Bring on the CK3 streams FFS!!

Oh dang, I've done a couple of games as these guys, and I never thought of going that route with them. Sounds fun!

Bloodlines might be one of the things I miss the most, I like ones like that that let you break the rules a little in weird ways, even if a lot of them are just minor opinion boosts or whatever.

With how amazing every system update looks in ck3, I really look forward to seeing what the game eventually does with bloodlines, artifacts, and societies. I hope they all come back eventually, cool features that all seemed a little half-baked - I'd love to see how they'll benefit from CK3's increased polish and all the lessons they must've learned from the first time around.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 21, 2020

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

ilitarist posted:

However, it'd be much more frustrating discovering your spouse or heir is actually homosexual too late.

That just seems like a good reason to start a plot.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

That just seems like a good reason to start a plot.

As I understand incompatible sexuality is just an interesting challenge for an accomplished seducer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crusader Kings III: discovered too late that my spouse was gay

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0vvs374wn4

CK3 military info. Not much which was not known before.

I am not sure what to think about the navy "system", but rest of it seems interesting. 3 year fixed contracts for mercenaries is also interesting change.

Letmebefrank fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 21, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Most of the things shown off we already knew from DDs, but it's nice to see it condensed in video format. The navy change will probably make it a lot less attractive to use ships to ferry your troops around. If I play as the Byzantines, the Irish or the Italians for example, I would raise all my vassals levies and ships. Raising the ships doesn't incur any excess penalty above the one you get for raising the levies, so this was a no-brainer. And in these mainly coastal realms, you just loaded your troops onto those ships, and then ferry them to your destination. That would take a fraction of the time it would have taken to march to your destination, if the target is somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. You also got the tactic flexibility of quickly redeploying your army if need be. The new naval mechanic will make this a lot more expensive, which evens the playing field, since the AI never used naval transports even half as well as the player.

Fixed mercenary contracts will probably make them more expensive on average. Due to the nature of doomstacks, if you were attacking a roughly equally powerful enemy, raising mercenaries for just the one big battle to break your enemy's main army was often enough to win you the war, and you could save a lot of money by then disbanding the mercs. I also sometimes hired cheap mercs to deal with raiders really quick if my troops were busy fighting away from my capital. So these changes will make hiring them a bigger investment. It seems as if you have to pay the full three year contract in advance? I wonder if mercs abandoning you or gunning for one of your titles if you can't pay them will still be in the game? If not, then this could potentially be an area that can be fleshed out in a holy orders/mercenaries DLC?

I wonder if it's possible to appoint a character who's bad at combat, and who you want to die, as a knight? And how reliable will that be in getting rid of them? The combat overhaul with focus on men-at-arms is pretty big, it's very difficult to evaluate it without playing the game.

All in all, great vid, and the changes mostly look really good. I'm super excited for September 1st.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i know they're taking out the deus vult stuff but does anyone know if they're gonna tone down some of the more mean spirited unreformed nerd stuff that pops up now and then in events

like when your wife gets brain damage and iirc the option is "but her womb still works!"

that stuff sticks out a bit

e: i dont mind the option to roleplay as an rear end in a top hat, but that one is grim and the only option

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 21, 2020

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Communist Thoughts posted:

i know they're taking out the deus vult stuff but does anyone know if they're gonna tone down some of the more mean spirited unreformed nerd stuff that pops up now and then in events

like when your wife gets brain damage and iirc the option is "but her womb still works!"

that stuff sticks out a bit

e: i dont mind the option to roleplay as an rear end in a top hat, but that one is grim and the only option

I could also do with fewer "ah drat, my wife's fat" events but I think what we're talking about mostly came out of a single CK2 DLC

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
CK3 can get very dark but it's, uh, a bit more delicate about it.

I have a more diverse team of writers, with more planning and thought put into the output, than the poor souls who toiled in the wild west of early CK2 content production did.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Communist Thoughts posted:

...I think they've clarified they're not removing Deus Vult? As in maybe it's not as prominent as it was in CK2 promotion material I still think you'll be able to react with Deus Vult to crusader events.

Also when you win a crusade with a character of Far Eastern culture you should get Desu Vult achievement.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm just excited for all the ways the 3d character models may gently caress up and the patch notes that would result.

- Fixed Infants being born visibly pregnant
- Characters will no longer be covered in boils after contracting the flu
- The Pope will no longer wildly fluctuate between morbid obesity and extreme malnutrition every few seconds

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There was never a definitive thing regarding Deus Vult. The last statement was an off the cuff post from a moderator on the Paradox forums saying that they’re sensitive to shitbag supremacists using it and certainly don’t want to encourage that but also it’s a very real tag phrase of both the historical time and of CK itself going back over a decade so removing it is kinda heavy.

It’s mealy mouthed bullshit but it’s also the only thing you can say if your goal is not to have the work of hundreds of industrious men and women hijacked by morbidly online nerds with hair trigger tempers.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
In CK3 the phrase appears only once, in one historically appropriate situation. As I recall the original statement (implying it was removed) was indeed about its external use as a meme, particularly in official channels.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
do we know when streamers and youtubers will be allowed to start putting out their videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ah alright, the deus vult thing was only something i was vaguely aware of anyway, and apparently wrongly