Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pod slave America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
someone isolate amber saying my old username i need it for... reasons

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

AnEdgelord posted:

Listened to them for a while and they have a fun, if a bit repetitive, show

Alex Jones and his brand of crazy is a rich vein of content for them but they sometimes spend a bit too much time debunking the exact same horseshit over and over again because Alex never stops saying it

be warned though, they are friends with Robert Evans and subscribe to his same brand of pro-bellingcat talking points which occasionally crop up whenever the topic of conversation shifts to the middle east and syria in particular

I like them best when they do older Infowars episodes or even riff on some of Bill Cooper's old shows

Knowledge Fight is an interesting one to track from the beginning. Dan's always been three steps more centrist liberal than Jordan but they both started out as Obama fawning trust-the-authorities libs. The first episode is Dan doing a big noble speech in the "Disagree with what Alex Jones says but will defend to the death" etc etc vein.

Over time this has shifted. Sometimes gradually. Sometimes in fits and starts when much lauded lib ideas like the impeachment go down in flames, or when Alex gets away with yet another flagrantly illegal endangerment of innocent people.

Now Dan's in a permanent crisis of confidence and Jordan's basically a C-SPAMmer. It's fun, you get to listen to the crack ping happen.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Often Abbreviated posted:

he's giving me flashbacks to all those Cinema Discusso arguments where someone is endlessly yelling at SMG for having bad movie opinions but are utterly incapable of coming up with anything themselves. half the time it turns out they never even watched the movie. always seemed weird but here we are, Fame Douglas mad about podcasts he'll never listen to again, and won't even tell us about the ones he likes :(

It's crazy how many times that happens when someone argues for pages about a movie and eventually casually admits they've never seen it, or fell asleep from being drunk while watching it and also the sound wasn't on but they think they got the gist

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's crazy how many times that happens when someone argues for pages about a movie and eventually casually admits they've never seen it, or fell asleep from being drunk while watching it and also the sound wasn't on but they think they got the gist

Death of the Author means I don't have to watch the movie and can make up my own movie WHICH I HATE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's definitely bizarre that the whole convention was ostensibly based around appealing to the mythical republican moderates yet prominently featured both clintons, probably the most deeply loathed political figures among that group

of course I'm sure that many people behind the scenes know this and then the Clintons just forced their way in there anyway over their objections.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

THS posted:

there is absolutely no way you get anything out of this thread, fame douglas, except for getting repeatedly humiliated. i’d think you were trolling but there’s nothing funny about anything you do, no content in what you share. it’s loving sad dude

this has been his m.o. for years btw. he has the type of brain that seeks negative attention which is a bad kind of brain imo

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
just a more boring jon pop

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

last cth episode is good and legitimately insightful imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hey everybody, in the future please send all messages for the 5-4 crew through Virgil Texas. If it's worthwhile he'll pass it on

https://twitter.com/AywaRhiannon/status/1296846311115894785?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Knowledge Fight is an interesting one to track from the beginning. Dan's always been three steps more centrist liberal than Jordan but they both started out as Obama fawning trust-the-authorities libs. The first episode is Dan doing a big noble speech in the "Disagree with what Alex Jones says but will defend to the death" etc etc vein.

Over time this has shifted. Sometimes gradually. Sometimes in fits and starts when much lauded lib ideas like the impeachment go down in flames, or when Alex gets away with yet another flagrantly illegal endangerment of innocent people.

Now Dan's in a permanent crisis of confidence and Jordan's basically a C-SPAMmer. It's fun, you get to listen to the crack ping happen.

I was astonished the same process was also happening to the huge lib co-host on Mark Blythes podcast, although she seems to be a bit less “burn it all down” recently

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Fame Douglas posted:

The fact they [Pod Save America] have tons of ads is pretty annoying, but at least you don't have to listen to Matt Christman. That counts for a lot.

This is bootlicker mindset.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/status/1296888390810509320?s=20

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ordered to unfollow, shameful

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
just out of curiosity, does anyone know the origins of the Chapo camptown races in-joke?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

just out of curiosity, does anyone know the origins of the Chapo camptown races in-joke?

Matt has the same taste in pop culture as a civil war veteran

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Jel Shaker posted:

I was astonished the same process was also happening to the huge lib co-host on Mark Blythes podcast, although she seems to be a bit less “burn it all down” recently

Carrie seems too naive to live, although she's been starting to crack ping.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

when have they mentioned it outside of the tabletop role playing episodes?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Felix challenged Matt to name a single song he liked and in the moment that was all he could come up with.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

V. Illych L. posted:

last cth episode is good and legitimately insightful imo

that's somewhat of a rarity these days

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
new alab dropped

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
re: Amber’s noting of the Dr. Strangelove Chud Zoomer Kid as a Chic-Fil-A employee in my experience walking into any Chic-Fil-A is like being greeted by a Hitler Youth brigade, I’ve heard from numerous sources that they exclusively hire only teens in the upscale Evangelical/Megachurch community

undoubtedly this keeps costs down, compare this to say California staple In-N-Out that while similarly employs exclusively (at least in my observation) teens they’re far more racially diverse and at the very least provided dental coverage (or at least when I had friends working their about a decade back)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

a Loving Dog posted:

this has been his m.o. for years btw. he has the type of brain that seeks negative attention which is a bad kind of brain imo

lmao at anyone who still has fame dumbass off of their ignore list

Fame Douglas posted:

There's no indication manned spaceflight will ever be useful to our species (and shut up about teflon). It's essentially a waste of resources.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao at anyone who still has fame dumbass off of their ignore list

Can't argue with you re: ignore lists, but manned spaceflight will never be useful to our species. it's always going to be cheaper, faster, and more reliable to send metal rather than meat, and if we survive long enough to get to space in any serious capacity I'm comfortable in believing we'll learn to turn metal before we make meat any good in space. Monkeys do not belong in tin cans.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

re: Amber’s noting of the Dr. Strangelove Chud Zoomer Kid as a Chic-Fil-A employee in my experience walking into any Chic-Fil-A is like being greeted by a Hitler Youth brigade, I’ve heard from numerous sources that they exclusively hire only teens in the upscale Evangelical/Megachurch community

they also intentionally put chick fil a stores where black people don't live unless it's on an hbcu campus

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

he is from Oconomowoc

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

adam johnson has a posters spirit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stavvybaby had a special guest today

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what's her name

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Varinn posted:

adam johnson has a posters spirit

i mean, he hosts a show that is basically a series of those megaposts goons use to prove biden is a bad man or actually, dad, capitalism sucks and heres why.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the only way to do manned spaceflight correctly would be truly enormous spinning cylinders to simulate gravity, shielded with lead and water. the resources involved in making space flight not an incredibly lovely thing you send air force pilots to do would be immense. we are very far away from that.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Space exploration and colonization is worth it in the extreme long term but we will never see its benefits in our lifetime and we have bigger fish to fry on this planet

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Space exploration and colonization is worth it in the extreme long term but we will never see its benefits in our lifetime and we have bigger fish to fry on this planet

more we need to stop before we fry all the fish

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

heads up: you might get a bunch of notifications this week that there are lots of new episodes of the show. they aren't new i'm just editing out all the copyrighted music and putting in different theme tune and bumper music so i can get it onto spotify, theyre way stricter about that than itunes and im trying to take it more seriously and grow listener base a bit. apologies in advance.

also we are going to do the great mafia war and then p2/roberto calvi, i realised chronologically it makes more sense.

also i won't make a habit of stealth boosting like this itt don't worry.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Chomsky I'm assuming? Noo the bumpers were dope

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i was sad when cumtown had to give up the home improvement song

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

THS posted:

i was sad when cumtown had to give up the bill maher song

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

UP AND ADAM posted:

Chomsky I'm assuming? Noo the bumpers were dope

i know, it sucks hard even 5 seconds of copyrighted material can get the ep struck. genuinely curious how chapo have got around it tbh, they must have a proper license. i have this link to a playlist i made of tunes i have used/was gonna use or that generally suit dark vibes and weird crime/politics stories tho, hopefully you'll get a kick out of it:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1K5u6jESjv9snQgdiuUTKB?si=C3Vkl7XoTDyfsYg6MQfP-g

i am kicking around a fun idea for a halloween show so i might put some tunes in that anyway, copyright be damned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

heads up: you might get a bunch of notifications this week that there are lots of new episodes of the show. they aren't new i'm just editing out all the copyrighted music and putting in different theme tune and bumper music so i can get it onto spotify, theyre way stricter about that than itunes and im trying to take it more seriously and grow listener base a bit. apologies in advance.

also we are going to do the great mafia war and then p2/roberto calvi, i realised chronologically it makes more sense.

also i won't make a habit of stealth boosting like this itt don't worry.

are you getting rid of the synth-wave interlude jingle? :smith: i really liked that

where was that from