Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

njsykora posted:

The secret of WOL is you can just watch the Twitch VODs.

Agreed. You get to skip the call ins and if there’s good discussion they’ll upload pretty lengthy clips of it. I do this for observer radio too.

At this point the only episodes I actually listen to in full on the website is the B&V shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What was the Renee Young-Hulk Hogan thing Meltzer mentioned in passing today?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I was utterly bewildered by that. He said it like it was something EVERYBODY knew about it and Bryan didn't make a peep, I kept waiting for an explanation.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:laffo:
I had the same response and had to play it back because it was so wild.

"The whole COVID thing"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Renee Young is going to WCW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
...its possible that Hogan hit on Renee. I don't know anymore than you guys do, mind, but Mox's reaction to that would be funny if that were the case

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

El Gallinero Gros posted:

...its possible that Hogan hit on Renee. I don't know anymore than you guys do, mind, but Mox's reaction to that would be funny if that were the case

I'd say Hogan would be in a hospital room, but I can't tell you whether it'd be because of Mox or Renee.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MJeff posted:

I'd say Hogan would be in a hospital room, but I can't tell you whether it'd be because of Mox or Renee.

Why not both, could be a good couple activity. Renee brings a hockey bat, Mox brings a barbed-wire baseball bat, and together they go beating up an orange racist WWE HOFer.

The one in Tampa, not the one in Washington.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The B&V show going over how insane Kurt Angle is after only wrestling for two years is a steady reminder that he was such a transcendent talent so loving fast. Better than any Young Lion ever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

The B&V show going over how insane Kurt Angle is after only wrestling for two years is a steady reminder that he was such a transcendent talent so loving fast. Better than any Young Lion ever.
Kurt was already up there with some of the best, but just imagining him without all his injuries and drug abuse that derailed most of his career would probably safely slot him in as one of the 10 greatest wrestlers of all time. He got so good, so fast, and only mostly under the WWE environment which tends to stifle good wrestlers.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Lid posted:

Not just in the ring but on the mic as well, makes it even more impressive.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It really is absurd how good he was at everything in wrestling

except taking a clothesline to the outside

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
He got into the Observer Hall in 2004 at which point his entire wrestling career was five years total. He was overqualified.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lid posted:

He got into the Observer Hall in 2004 at which point his entire wrestling career was five years total. He was overqualified.
Dave always brings up how many top top HOF guys and world-travelers say Kurt is among the very best they ever worked with.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lid posted:

imagine if he was coming up now and after 5 years he'd still be in the Performance Centre lmao

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Shorty A would still have some great matches

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lone Goat posted:

imagine if he was coming up now and after 5 years he'd still be in the Performance Centre lmao

They were cruelly, but correctly, noting people have been in the PC for 7 years and not imporved and he was Kurt Angle in less than one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
listening to WOR and it just occurred to me that Io Shirai is still in nxt lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Words don't do it justice, but on the latest B&V, Bryan's description of how the WWE backstage interviewers react to things being said is loving hilarious.

Edit: Also, Dave on WOR asking,"How come Pat McAfee has made a million dollars doing a podcast that gets less listeners than we do?" :lol:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dave always brings up how many top top HOF guys and world-travelers say Kurt is among the very best they ever worked with.

After Bret Hart went to WCW (and I think after the Goldberg concussion?) he said he would wake up in the middle of the night with a pillow in a headlock because he'd been dreaming of getting to wrestle Kurt Angle :shobon:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Also, Dave on WOR asking,"How come Pat McAfee has made a million dollars doing a podcast that gets less listeners than we do?" :lol:

Didn't Dave at one point tweet a, promptly deleted, flex about how he's a millionaire?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yep, somebody pulled out that old chestnut about how he had no right to talk poo poo about wrestling promoters because he himself had personally never drawn money (an asinine criticism) and he replied,"I've made millions out of wrestling" or words to that effect then promptly deleted it.

I far prefer his recent flex about getting women's phone numbers at the beach in his youth :allears:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Incessant Excess posted:

Didn't Dave at one point tweet a, promptly deleted, flex about how he's a millionaire?

The NYTimes article basically proved that. Dave has drawn a shitload more money than most Indy feds.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The best Dave flex ever is his hypothetical “can you imagine if Rock was President? Then I would like, know the president and I could call him up and tell him what tapes to watch.”

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I really enjoyed Vinnie's rundown of the recent DO skits. He has quite a talent for keeping the humor intact during summaries.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Vinny is the best of all the f4w dudes and its a CRIME we will never get the Vince and Dave show

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
THE FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS with Vinny and Dave

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

Vinny is the best of all the f4w dudes and its a CRIME we will never get the Vince and Dave show

this is the truth; vinny will have the best audible reactions to dave's entire schtick

Vinny: "Well, Dave, I guess we start with Raw."

Dave: "We've got to talk about BTE!"

Vinny: *makes the audible equivalent of the white man opening his eyes gif*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

According to his book, he had his first official pro match, at a house show against Christian, five days after he started training.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

collocation posted:

I really enjoyed Vinnie's rundown of the recent DO skits. He has quite a talent for keeping the humor intact during summaries.

I'm so glad he picked up on Stu Grayson screaming,"ABANDON HIM, ALEX!" :allears:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1296984106602041345?s=21

Not great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

On the latest WOL, Bryan mentions (with the caveat that Orton might just be lying) that apparently that recent confrontation between Orton and Ric Flair where Flair cut a great promo... the script called for Flair to just stand there and say nothing. :psyduck:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

On the latest WOL, Bryan mentions (with the caveat that Orton might just be lying) that apparently that recent confrontation between Orton and Ric Flair where Flair cut a great promo... the script called for Flair to just stand there and say nothing. :psyduck:
I can simultaneously believe that the script was for Ric to stand there and say nothing and that Orton might be lying to be honest. In a scenario where Ric cuts a promo off the cuff and someone like Owens is there who can vamp back at it I'm sure they'd air it anyway.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

RealFoxy posted:

I can simultaneously believe that the script was for Ric to stand there and say nothing and that Orton might be lying to be honest. In a scenario where Ric cuts a promo off the cuff and someone like Owens is there who can vamp back at it I'm sure they'd air it anyway.

Yea, since it was a taped show he may have figured He can do whatever on the mic since they can just cut it before air if they don't like it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1297022586430185472

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh gently caress, is this with Lance interviewing him?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh poo poo!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh hell yes.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

This is late, but I absolutely refuse to believe that WOR, behind a paywall, does more listeners than McAfee's podcast. I don't know how they came to that conclusion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CVagts posted:

This is late, but I absolutely refuse to believe that WOR, behind a paywall, does more listeners than McAfee's podcast. I don't know how they came to that conclusion.
There's 5 different ways to subscribe to WOR plus the highlights on YouTube :shrug:

I still believe there's more people listening to WOR than Pat's podcast though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Moxley interview on WOR was great, apparently that video they kept playing to taunt Juice Robinson on New Japan World used a body double for Mox because he wasn't available. They got the Death Riders name because some dude just went and bought a 2nd hand leather jacket for the video and it happened to have that name on it because it used to be owned by one of those dudes who would ride a motorbike around inside the ball cage at the carnival :allears:

He also lays out the exact timeline of how Renee's COVID diagnosis came through, and in spite of his efforts to control himself lets rip at WWE and particularly Vince McMahon a couple of times.