Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
biden making the case that trump is the better candidate to vote for if you want to defund the police
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-abcs-robin-roberts-dont-defund-police-trump/story?id=72524405

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it is an absolute privilege to live in a time when the democrat makes a better case for the republican than the republican does, and the republican makes a better case for the democrat than the democrat does

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

in the face of all that is horrible I am reaffirming my pledge to never vote for joe biden thank you for your time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Marx Was A Lib posted:

it is an absolute privilege to live in a time when the democrat makes a better case for the republican than the republican does, and the republican makes a better case for the democrat than the democrat does

I often think of an anecdote I believe came from Matt Taibbi about how if when you're in a failing system, you can only get reliable news about bad things from the opposition. For instance if you're in the USSR in the 80s only Western media is going to tell you when Chernobyl happens. And likewise if you want to know what hosed up things the democrats are doing you have to listen to right wing media and if you want to know what hosed up things the republicans are doing you have to listen to left wing media and no one in the "mainstream" can tell the truth about either one.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

LastInLine posted:

I often think of an anecdote I believe came from Matt Taibbi about how if when you're in a failing system, you can only get reliable news about bad things from the opposition. For instance if you're in the USSR in the 80s only Western media is going to tell you when Chernobyl happens. And likewise if you want to know what hosed up things the democrats are doing you have to listen to right wing media and if you want to know what hosed up things the republicans are doing you have to listen to left wing media and no one in the "mainstream" can tell the truth about either one.

I remember reading about some American POWs in Vietnam who learned about the moon landing when the radio said "The Soviet Union landed a robot on the moon today, without recklessly endangering human lives, unlike the American moon landing."

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

GOD loving DAMMIT

i hadn't heard this yet, gently caress voting democrat at all, those worthless pieces of poo poo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

D&D is sinking to incredible depths to continue to defend Joe Biden and it both fascinates and sickens me in equal measure. poo poo's gonna be insane in November.

think about how many brains were thoroughly broken by the end of 2016. will 2020 beat that or are the lines pretty firmly drawn and everyone has picked there side?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CaptainViolence posted:

GOD loving DAMMIT

i hadn't heard this yet, gently caress voting democrat at all, those worthless pieces of poo poo

They're doing it in Texas too which will piss me off incredibly if they succeed

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

cool dance moves posted:

I dont think itll have the same raw numbers as all the Hillary toxxers in 2016 (they never did get banned, did they?) but imo itll be even more satisfying since joe biden was a known loser from the get-go

they did eventually get banned, probably about the last good thing Lowtax did

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

yeah, i'm done with dems completely at this point. i don't know who to vote for, though, so i guess i'll write in howie and draw a middle finger on the rest of it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

WampaLord posted:

D&D is sinking to incredible depths to continue to defend Joe Biden and it both fascinates and sickens me in equal measure. poo poo's gonna be insane in November.

the REAL fun poo poo is gonna be the Arzying in the poll thread if Biden doesnt climb back to +15 or, god forbid, ends up tied in the polls with Trump by November

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

WampaLord posted:

reminder that D&D favorite son and election thread regular "How are u" constantly concerned trolled against Bernie Sanders right up until the writing was on the wall that he'd been eliminated from the primary, at which point he paid for a Bernie avatar and insisted he'd been in the tank for Bernie all along

and now he's chief shitposter in charge of biden-stanning over there :thunk:

I admire the brazenness of it, and the ease with which they pulled off the con taught me a lot about D&D and its modding team they're the dumbest motherfuckers on these forums

Taintrunner posted:

it has become my most popular troll of liberal scolds yet. thank you for your service
fwiw "increased opportunities to earn my vote" is a variant and I think I prefer it

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

think about how many brains were thoroughly broken by the end of 2016. will 2020 beat that or are the lines pretty firmly drawn and everyone has picked there side?

2020 will beat 2016 because for the past 4 years the identity of millions more people who previously never cared about politics has become not only "Politics" but "gently caress Trump." It permeates loving everything at this point. Dating profiles. Comedy. Media. gently caress TRUMP. Things can't get any worse. This is the worst time in history. He is the worst person to ever live. It's unbearable. It's miserable. HE IS HORRIBLE. FASCISM. NAZIS.

The first win can be blown off as a fluke led by Russian conspiracies, lovely clinton campaigns, complacent voters who thought he wouldn't win or any number of excuses.

The second win will mean that most people in this country(REEE ELECTORAL COLLEGE) looked at the same things and decided they wanted more of it. It won't be brains breaking they will loving detonate with the power of a million suns. Their party is useless, their extreme outrage meant nothing and their misery will apparently never end now.

Look forward to the second impeachment where they drag hillary and biden out of a crypt to explain how they both should have won.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Their party is useless

They will never admit this. They will blame Bernie and anyone who voted third-party.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Well yeah. That's more of an unspoken fact.

Trump's second win will be attributed to

- Post office meddling
- Kushner convincing Kanye to run
- STUPID VOTERS
- Nazi Voters
- Gerrymandering/voter suppression
- Russian/Chinese conspiracies
- Any positive news in the month of October being perpetrated by Trump conspirators

Not that the DNC doubled down on cheating to try and get their poo poo tier professional liar in office in 2016 by doing the exact same thing in the exact same way in 2020.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i lust for the metaphorical death of the democratic party

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i lust for the metaphorical death of the democratic party

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
if you or anyone you know believes that US electoral can still enact meaningful change, you are dumb and they are dumb for believing that.

gently caress Biden, gently caress Harris, gently caress the DNC

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you ain't seen nothing yet

our tin pot dictator will sabotage the elections and people will not understand why no one who can do anything about it will do anything about it

Biden will be ineffectual in his response to the constitutional fuckery, he'll make Al Gore look like he was Braveheart in comparison

The media, especially cable news, will have no idea how to handle the situation and it'll be wall-to-wall talking heads 24/7

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Aug 22, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Heliotrope posted:

They will never admit this. They will blame Bernie and anyone who voted third-party.

poo poo, they'll blame people who voted for Biden if they don't think that they voted hard enough for him.

I mean, hell, how many of us bit the bullet and pulled the lever for Hillary in 2016 only to be berated and told that it was still our fault that the Bad Orange Man took HER TURN?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

you ain't seen nothing yet

our tin pot dictator will sabotage the elections and people will not understand why no one who can do anything about it will do anything about it

Biden will be ineffectual in his response to the constitutional fuckery, he'll make Al Gore look like he was Braveheart in comparison

The media, especially cable news, will have no idea how to handle the situation and it'll be wall-to-wall talking heads 24/7

I don't mean to call you out specifically, this just made me think of it. Do people really think Trump is about to declare himself dictator for life and start calling it the end of the republic, beginning of the empire? I read it all the time and it just seems so infantile so I assumed the people stating it are joking but then I realized I'm not in regular contact with libs, only chuds, so idk what libs think.

I mean, ofc he's not going to anything like that, they're just going to do what they've always done which is suppress turnout, gerrymander districts, discount votes they don't like, and rig the primaries, none of which count as "sabotaging the elections" because the fix was always in. No one's going to say they're emperor for life, they don't have to. The status quo benefits everyone in power and will continue to do so indefinitely, this is obvious.

I did chuckle at Al Gore as Braveheart, I'll admit.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Also it should be pointed out that yes, Trump is going to do his quiet parts loud schtick around the election, openly sabotaging mail in ballots and every other dirty, commonplace trick and will end up winning by such a decisive margin that it will be obvious to everyone that none of it was necessary.

That's the Trump way of doing things.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

I don't mean to call you out specifically, this just made me think of it. Do people really think Trump is about to declare himself dictator for life and start calling it the end of the republic, beginning of the empire? I read it all the time and it just seems so infantile so I assumed the people stating it are joking but then I realized I'm not in regular contact with libs, only chuds, so idk what libs think.

I mean, ofc he's not going to anything like that, they're just going to do what they've always done which is suppress turnout, gerrymander districts, discount votes they don't like, and rig the primaries, none of which count as "sabotaging the elections" because the fix was always in. No one's going to say they're emperor for life, they don't have to. The status quo benefits everyone in power and will continue to do so indefinitely, this is obvious.

I did chuckle at Al Gore as Braveheart, I'll admit.

no problemo

I honestly think he's going to gently caress things up beyond what we've ;seen before. He'll lie about the election results, sue in the courts, declare the results void, or some other poo poo. People haven't stood up to him so far and people who can probably do something about it (McConnell, Barr, John Roberts etc) will either be reticent or they'll actively protect him. The situation will get resolved at some point, I don't know if it will get as bad as a declaration of martial law but there will be options to remove him. My point is not that he'll be dictator for life, that's absurd. I feel like the circus is coming to DC.

Incidentally, candidates outright refusing to accept the results is not unprecidented. Grant considered declaring martial law because the bickering between his potential successors got so out of hand:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/27/trump-loses-election-what-happens-possibilities

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Code Jockey posted:

I really goddamn wish "all third party voters are Trump supporters" or "everyone who isn't voting for Biden is a Trump supporter" was probate-able. It's infuriating. I keep seeing that bullshit take in the GE thread especially, and while those of us here know it's just a childish reaction to people like us having the audacity not to bend the knee for the Good Guys, I think it's pretty hosed up to call people voting for better candidates and platforms actually supporters of a white supremacist rapist

Never be foolish enough to rely on the mods of this broken-rear end website to do anything useful.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The amount of hubris does feel like a replay of 2016 especially the whole polling shows a Sleepy Joe win is inevitable and also how the DNC has such a high level of confidence they have dramatically reduced his public appearances since March.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Filthy Hans posted:

I feel like the circus is coming to DC.

circus coming to the town built on circuses, thanks for the hot take

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kiwamissimo/status/1276159448537534464

me defending my ballot from the YESJOE hordes

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

One thing the media is really committed to is that elections are legitimate and matter. Without it the whole structure collapses. I don't think they will cross that bridge even if trump is on camera robbing ballot boxes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

fast cars loose anus posted:

They're doing it in Texas too which will piss me off incredibly if they succeed

good less less loving grifters the better, next time sue to end this whole voting farce.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

circus coming to the town built on circuses, thanks for the hot take

you're welcome, friend

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I'm glad Bernie isn't the candidate, it would just be him standing there looking even dumber than he does now. Bush-era ghouls oozing around in the spotlight with him, simpering media lapping up the weak lazy bilious poo poo the DNC is capable of dribbling out. The disgusting "big tent" poo poo and the warming up to W and his team of murderers was going to happen no matter what. The same lovely lanyards and the Clintons and Obamas running the party and the show, gently caress all of it. No way Bernie could have won with all of that dragging him down even if in that imaginary world he actually had the full support of the whole pack of DNC pedophiles and thieves, and if he had he'd have been crippled beyond recognition. I'm glad it's Biden that gets to eat the poo poo sandwich when it comes.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

They are convinced they have it in the bag again. There are supposed leftists in the succ zone that are sure Biden will win.

Trump is the bully who shoved them in the locker. He has thoroughly, metaphysically, and cosmically owned them and this is their absolute last chance for redemption.

The meltdowns will be glorious.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Myron Baloney posted:

I'm glad Bernie isn't the candidate, it would just be him standing there looking even dumber than he does now. Bush-era ghouls oozing around in the spotlight with him, simpering media lapping up the weak lazy bilious poo poo the DNC is capable of dribbling out. The disgusting "big tent" poo poo and the warming up to W and his team of murderers was going to happen no matter what. The same lovely lanyards and the Clintons and Obamas running the party and the show, gently caress all of it. No way Bernie could have won with all of that dragging him down even if in that imaginary world he actually had the full support of the whole pack of DNC pedophiles and thieves, and if he had he'd have been crippled beyond recognition. I'm glad it's Biden that gets to eat the poo poo sandwich when it comes.

nah, Bernie would have won, his platform mobilized the electorate and was extremely popular with most people and he was very, extremely transparently ratfucked into oblivion by Clinton and Warren and then Super Tuesday saw the DNC go FULL legion of doom and that wasn’t even enough so Biden’s campaign literally said “gently caress it” and told boomers to go vote in WI during the first outbreak (which has now been classified as WI first Superspreader event lmao). He lost in South Carolina because it’s a brain drain state, you turn 18 and move the gently caress out of here because the entire state racist hill people and a couple nice beaches.

these are all true and documented things that made national news, it’s not a collective fever dream millions of people made up.

edit: I don’t wanna come off as BernieSucc so I’ll say I’m deeply disappointed that he didn’t stick up for himself and tried to take the high ground to his detriment and his endorsement of Biden is both heartbreaking and disillusioning

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Aug 22, 2020

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Oh wait it's this one.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I haven't decided if I'll bother to vote for Howie or not (or even can or not living in Istanbul), but I do know I will never vote for a man who armed salafists to slaughter my coreligionists, my in laws ethnic group, and leftist comrades around the globe since before I was born.

Hit me with that gangtag yoldash

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Myron Baloney posted:

Yeah, tbh the worst case scenario woulda been Bernie getting set up to be the fall guy by the DNC and then knifed immediately. At least if Biden eats poo poo in the general, the left can have at least some sort of chance of organizing in the future.

Bernie would've been trotted out for why socialism doesn't work for the next hundred years if he actually got the nom, had to kowtow to the DNC, and lost

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Plus the dems would work behind the scenes ala Labour to kneecap him. Despite what they say trump is preferable to sanders.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
if you don’t think Bernie would have won, ask yourself why the entirety of the Democratic establishment worked harder to gently caress him than they did Trump.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Bust Rodd posted:

if you don’t think Bernie would have won, ask yourself why the entirety of the Democratic establishment worked harder to gently caress him than they did Trump.

The only real doubt I have as to whether Sanders would have won comes from wondering how effective the Dems would be in undermining him in the general. Their one actual competency seems to be loving over anybody to the left of Reagan.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

If Bernie had won, they probably would have cancelled the convention entirely and just sent him an expired coupon for Cracker Barrel or something.

I wonder if the Succs would be consoling themselves with "We can pull him Right! We can pull him Right!" the same way they try to convince us that Joe can absolutely be pushed Left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
did we push sleepy joe left yet?