Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm almost at Greasy Nerd(or well, at around boss 110 in Evil atm, things are going slow), and I still can't max out all normal NGU's. I think some old-timers might overestimate how quick the climb is these days compared to before.
I've also spent practically all my EXP on EM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Broken Cog posted:

I'm almost at Greasy Nerd(or well, at around boss 110 in Evil atm, things are going slow), and I still can't max out all normal NGU's. I think some old-timers might overestimate how quick the climb is these days compared to before.
I've also spent practically all my EXP on EM.

Are you using stealthiest chest and other ngu gear?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Chin Strap posted:

Are you using stealthiest chest and other ngu gear?

Yeah, all of it, I can cap everything except for NGU Magic NGU and NGU PP on the energy ones easily, but Magic NGUs are not even close.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, all of it, I can cap everything except for NGU Magic NGU and NGU PP on the energy ones easily, but Magic NGUs are not even close.

I was going to say I'm at the exact same spot as you and able to do it but then I realized I took potions for this rebirth to make a long one to get up to unlocking the next titan

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm autokilling Greasy Nerd v1 and working on v2 (about 5M/2M P/T with ~50M AT levels) and I can cap all normal NGUs except Adventure Beta, which I'm not far off from.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Manyorcas posted:

I think you're just at the point, or very close to the point, where the best way to make progress is spending XP on adventure stats. Although I think you should be able or nearly able to max out all the NGUs at this point as well?

Might it be worth getting the "Improved Cube Boosting" perk? I've already maxed out "Boosted Boosts 1" and "Beasted Boosts 1".

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Around that point in evil, I was using both E/M Beta potions in every single RB. The 20k AP cost (if you don't have extras from spins or whatever) was a break-even proposition for me (not sure if that's true for all). I think I was running this for a month or two (?) leading up to getting wishes, then after getting them...

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Cockmaster posted:

Might it be worth getting the "Improved Cube Boosting" perk? I've already maxed out "Boosted Boosts 1" and "Beasted Boosts 1".

It's an excellent perk, even if you currently are hitting the softcap for cubes, that won't always be true and it'll give you a headstart for adventure stats in the future. It depends heavily on what your other perk options though.

re: capping NGUs at the end of normal - I may also be confusing the end of normal with the end of evil, oops :v: It has been a very long time since I was last in normal difficulty.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
2nd game update:

Working on another feature that unlocks early-ish in the game, to give more reasons to care about making your numbers go up: Work Orders!

It's sort of a mix of questing and Cards in NGU, you'll generate work orders every X hours which, upon completion, give you some sort of TBD Currency to buy further upgrades. The work order itself is randomly generated from the materials you've unlocked, roughly balanced by factoring their base material cost, how complex the recipe is, etc.The stuff on the right is just flavour text/art for funsies, but the plan is you'll unlock more of it as you advance in the gane, such as unlocking new maps.

(Excuse the super WIP and jank UI design)

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

something posted:

Working on another feature that unlocks early-ish in the game, to give more reasons to care about making your numbers go up: Work Orders!

So you are making Crafting Idle Clicker!?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Manyorcas posted:

It's an excellent perk, even if you currently are hitting the softcap for cubes, that won't always be true and it'll give you a headstart for adventure stats in the future. It depends heavily on what your other perk options though.

I've already bought pretty much everything else that the strategy guides say to prioritize. The other perks I'm mainly looking at now are Double Basic Training (mostly for the last few Troll Challenges, should also help with the others), Boosted Boosts 2 (which would cost 3x as many PP for slightly more benefit), and You'll Really Want This (You can never have enough accessory slots, amirite?). Good thing I've put a few levels into my PP NGU.

Anyhow, time for another week-long rebirth (I can cap any one of the energy NGUs up through Power, except Adventure because I've already put so many levels into it).

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

MikusR posted:

So you are making Crafting Idle Clicker!?

Never played that one so I wouldn't know - my main inspirations for this are reactor idle and factorio!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
In Synergism, I'm at the pre-ants / Cost++ phase. Is there a specific rune I should be focusing on pumping over the others? I'm at 487 / 240 / 240 / 240 for my rune levels right now.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

In Synergism, I'm at the pre-ants / Cost++ phase. Is there a specific rune I should be focusing on pumping over the others? I'm at 487 / 240 / 240 / 240 for my rune levels right now.

Thrift and duplication I think. For the tax reduction.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Thift doubly so for the producer cost increase delay too. Prism doesn't come into it's own until post-ants while Speed is just average for Challenge completions.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Sage Grimm posted:

Thift doubly so for the producer cost increase delay too. Prism doesn't come into it's own until post-ants while Speed is just average for Challenge completions.

Although once you unlock blessings speed becomes the most important rune.

[edit]
It's a shame that the developer of Synergism doesn't quite have the idle game content cycle down yet. Either you need to give people something to work towards that's going to take weeks/months to give you time to prepare an update and keep players engaged, or you need to make smaller updates with incremental new features. I'm at a content wall right now and the only thing there is for me to do on a daily basis is export my save so I get the quarks. And I've long since maxed out all the quark purchases. I'm 22/100 on the second Ascension upgrade that's ridiculously expensive and does nothing at the moment.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 14, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i barely pay attention to the discord but it seems like he wants the next update to be 2.0 for whatever reason

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Aurora posted:

i barely pay attention to the discord but it seems like he wants the next update to be 2.0 for whatever reason

Yeah and that's fine, sometimes you have complex new stuff you want to add that's inseparable from other complex new stuff. It's just a shame that there wasn't an intermediate update with some amount of new content to keep people going while the larger new features are being worked on. It's still a great game.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It's a shame that the developer of Synergism doesn't quite have the idle game content cycle down yet. Either you need to give people something to work towards that's going to take weeks/months to give you time to prepare an update and keep players engaged, or you need to make smaller updates with incremental new features. I'm at a content wall right now and the only thing there is for me to do on a daily basis is export my save so I get the quarks. And I've long since maxed out all the quark purchases. I'm 22/100 on the second Ascension upgrade that's ridiculously expensive and does nothing at the moment.

you're 6 upgrades ahead of me, although i'm hoarding it for SI blessing since A isn't out yet.

I think in pre-ant dupe is stronger than thrift because it scales tax harder per point and is cheaper. especially with how low your dupe rune is i bet you if you blasted it you'd get a huge boost. taxes are by far the biggest lever for making progress with any main currency

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Although once you unlock blessings speed becomes the most important rune.

[edit]

Have you got all the talismans? I'm on those Ascensions upgrades that do nothing, have everything else, but I'm only at 17 and 15 completions for challenge 8 and 9. I don't see a way to increase my production enough to complete those. All my other talismans are fully upgraded.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Lord Banana posted:

Have you got all the talismans? I'm on those Ascensions upgrades that do nothing, have everything else, but I'm only at 17 and 15 completions for challenge 8 and 9. I don't see a way to increase my production enough to complete those. All my other talismans are fully upgraded.

No. It's impossible to get those at the moment.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finally breached Theories in Distance Incremental and there's a whole lot of things the tool around with an entire new tree of upgrades one can fiddle around with. Took a bit of time to break through the wall, but it helps getting the Elementary autobuyer to push Elementaries up to push Gauge Force and get Elementary Particles

Edit: Ordinal Markup updated too.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 17, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Can you game the troll challenge by letting popups stay open?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the next troll makes them vanish iirc

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

ah nuts

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, the climb to boss 125 on Evil is slow.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Farming NGU gearsets have gotten progressively faster throughout Sadistic.

Getting the Back to the School set took like 3 days. I just finished the Nether Regions set, and it took ~10 hours to farm.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have decided that I want to just go rear end-backwards on a design curve. NGU was fun, I'm enjoying Endless Battle right now, but seeing these actually good titles that do some new stuff with the genre has made me wonder what's the worst/biggest failed experiments in the idle or clicker space in recent years? I fell off somewhere in 2016/7 after doing Sandcastle Builder, popped back for Structure before it also died on the vine, and now I'm convinced I must have missed some real horrorshows but don't want to trawl through 3 pages of Titty Toucher on Steam's idle category in search of something that isn't just a reskinned Cookie Clicker.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I have no idea how you would measure that. There's probably thousands of idle games with 1 star ratings on Kongregate alone.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I just didn't know if anyone failed hilariously, I guess.

Come to think of it, the only two terrible ones I can think of offhand are Sakura Clicker (poor return rate with DLC hooks) and some other thing I've since forgotten the name of that was a UI disaster with no text and all icons that gave no clue of what did anything.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I don't think anyone's tried to make the Bad Rats of idle games yet.

...that would really be a sight to behold though. Building income values and upgrades that were randomly generated on loading the game, I guess?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah the idle genre has mostly stalled out to just make the biggest IAP laden hell you can. Pincremental is one that came out recently where the dev took existing public use code and slapped predatory IAP on it

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
All I know is Evolve idle is easily in my top 10 GAMES of all time

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Game 2:

Got most the next "world" of tech designed, just need to hook it into upgrades and whatnot.
(content spoilers, if you care)

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
SHART Reactor means this is a day 1 download/purchase for me!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't think anyone's tried to make the Bad Rats of idle games yet.

...that would really be a sight to behold though. Building income values and upgrades that were randomly generated on loading the game, I guess?

To be the Bad Rats of idle games the number gain would have to be physics-based in some fashion. And the game to be so laggy that the physics barely work.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

To be the Bad Rats of idle games the number gain would have to be physics-based in some fashion. And the game to be so laggy that the physics barely work.

gently caress, I forgot about that game’s non-deterministic physics.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So far i'm at

Current Rebirth Time: 4:50:12

Total Time: 157 Days

Total Rebirths 161

Highest Boss Defeated: Ultimate boss 190(190)

Total Earned EXP: 1.127 Million

Total Earned AP: 847,770

And just now i realized that the Laser Sword Challenge does not reset your number back to 1, by actually fully reading the description.

Are there any challenges that don't reset your number back to 1? The Troll Challenge, No NGU and no TM doesn't outright state that your number will not be reset back to 1, but i figure i'd ask before wiping my progress

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

LSC is the only one that doesn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Gandor posted:

SHART Reactor means this is a day 1 download/purchase for me!

I was wondering how it would be possible to top the humor in NGU but here we are, folks. I hope there's like, a regular HART reactor and this is a better one because the S is for Super.