Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

You're certainly free to vote for a fat orange imbecile racist rapist pedophile lying fascist narcissist piece of human garbage if that's your preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

thanks for being so understanding

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Are you trying to tell me that there's a dang cheeto? In the freaking White House?

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

You're certainly free to vote for a fat orange imbecile racist rapist pedophile lying fascist narcissist piece of human garbage if that's your preference.

Its like my galbrained lib friend voting for trunp in order to create the ideal conditions for a leftist resurgence I have no doubt that he is voting trump again to see the final collapse of the state

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D1E posted:

I’m sorry, but you didn’t answer the inquiry that you seem to believe Black voters need to be corralled into supporting a geriatric warmongering freak that militarized the police and criminalized Black lives for the past 30 years.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I’m sorry, but you didn’t answer the inquiry that you seem to believe Black voters need to be corralled into supporting a geriatric warmongering freak that militarized the police and criminalized Black lives for the past 30 years.

I never said anything of the sort. But Kanye absolutely doesn't stand a chance of being elected - period. As such, voters have two options: Biden or Trump. It's a simple choice of the lesser of two evils.

Yes, Biden is poo poo. But Trump is even worse.

How hard is that to understand?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

D1E posted:

orange

Lol, every time.

Also I'm going to toss my vote away on a third party, so I'll get to own the libs twice. :grin:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

D1E posted:

I never said anything of the sort. But Kanye absolutely doesn't stand a chance of being elected - period. As such, voters have two options: Biden or Trump. It's a simple choice of the lesser of two evils.

have you been paying attention to kanye the past few years? the things he says, the people he hangs out with?

why would you think he would sway biden voters over trump voters

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D1E posted:

So you support the mass murder and torture of a million innocent Muslims and the criminalizing of Black lives. You support the Patriot Act. You support giving Wall Street everything that isn't nailed down. You support denying people healthcare in the middle of a pandemic, especially poor Black and brown people being forced out onto the streets as we speak.

What's it like being a white supremacist? Is sucking on the toes of some geriatric warmongering freak in public like this worth it? Couldn't be me.

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 13:16 on Aug 22, 2020

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Biden has no chance of being elected, throwing your vote away on him only helps Trump!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

So you support the mass murder and torture of a million innocent Muslims and the criminalizing of Black lives. You support the Patriot Act. You support giving Wall Street everything that isn't nailed down. You support denying people healthcare in the middle of a pandemic, especially poor Black and brown people being forced out onto the streets as we speak.

What's it like being a white supremacist? Is sucking on the toes of some geriatric warmongering freak in public like this worth it? Couldn't be me.

LOL what?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D1E posted:

LOL what?

If you support Joe Biden you endorse his politics and record, which is the militarization of the state to destroy Black and brown bodies. Which makes you a white supremacist. Why do you believe people of color are lesser than you?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Which makes you a white supremacist. Why do you believe people of color are lesser than you?

This is some insane posting right here.

Do you believe Trump is not racist?

Are you somehow arguing that I should vote for Kanye because both Biden and Trump are bad? I honestly don't understand.

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

If you support Joe Biden you endorse his politics and record, which is the militarization of the state to destroy Black and brown bodies. Which makes you a white supremacist. Why do you believe people of color are lesser than you?

I support killing as many people as possible, white black or otherwise colored is irrelevant nezt to the purity of suffering

Khorne cares not for where blood flows from, only that blood flows

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D1E posted:

This is some insane posting right here.

Do you believe Trump is not racist?

Are you somehow arguing that I should vote for Kanye because both Biden and Trump are bad? I honestly don't understand.

Trump is racist. Cute concern trolling.

Joe Biden championed a war as head of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee that killed a million innocent Muslims, led to state-scanctioned torture camps in which nobody responsible was punished, wrote the original Patriot Act, and has spent decades criminalizing Black lives and militarizing the police. He has pledged to continue this trend as elected, as well as uphold Trump's worst excesses, including funding and building Trump's wall.

You should vote for Howie Hawkins and stop crying about Kanye stealing the Black vote like a liberal white supremacist.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

D1E posted:

Because your chain of logic requires several parts of magical thinking lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D1E posted:

LOL what?

Libs pull this act every single time they get cornered. They act all confused and pretend they suddenly don't understand words.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

D1E posted:

Voting is an act of affirmation, not an act of negation. When you go into the voting booth, you're putting a +1 next to someone's name, not a -1. That little +1 gets counted next to all the other little +1s, and nobody is going to come check on your ballot and ask you "hey did you give this guy a +1 because you hate the other guy, or did you give him a +1 because you love and endorse his policies and want him to keep doing what he's doing?" It gets counted the same either way, as an endorsement of that person, their history, and their policies.

When you put a +1 next to Joe Biden's name, you're voting for a racist, rapist, segregationist warmonger who has spent the vast majority of his life working to oppress black and brown people and women, was one of Washington's major leaders driving forward mass incarceration (to the point that the Reagan administration thought he was taking it too far!) and Middle Eastern wars that have been directly responsible for the deaths of over one million innocent Muslims. You're putting a +1 next to the Patriot Act. You're putting a +1 next to vetoing Medicare For All. You're putting a +1 next to creating the student loan crisis to enrich financial services companies. You're putting a +1 next to the heat death of human civilization. You're putting a +1 next to raping women. You're putting a +1 next to steamrollering Anita Hill so that Clarence Thomas could get onto the Supreme Court.

Maybe you can stomach all that because the other guy, Donald Trump, says racist things out loud instead of only writing policies that lead to racist results. Maybe you can stomach all that because you weren't paying attention when Joe Biden, as a leader in the Senate and then as a hands-on Vice President, played a major role in quietly creating the institutions and policies, like family separation, migrant concentration camps, and mass deportations, that Donald Trump enthusiastically embraces.

I can't. Those things are dealbreakers for me. I could not look myself in the eye if I gave my +1 thumbs up to a man who has spent his entire life working to make others' lives worse, and has promised that he will continue to do so if elected president. If the Democratic Party wanted the +1 support of people like me, they should have nominated someone else.

Also I'm not a US citizen so I can't vote anyway lol anyway don't vote for Joe Biden he's a monster

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

vyelkin posted:

If the Democratic Party wanted the +1 support of people like me, they should have nominated someone else.

Also I'm not a US citizen so I can't vote anyway lol anyway don't vote for Joe Biden he's a monster

The Democratic Party probably isn’t interested in earning the support of non citizens who can’t vote. Also the Democrats are trash, and so are the GOP lol

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
As the voter who was directly, singularly responsible for trump getting elected in 2016 because I cast my one (1) vote for a 3rd party, I am excited to do it again in 2020. I'm glad that I can get trump elected 100% by myself, by not actually voting for him. It rocks. It kicks rear end dude.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I love that when you vote for the Republicans, the Republicans get more powerful, and when you vote for 3rd parties or don't vote, it's only the Republicans and never the Democrats who get more powerful, and when you vote for the Democrats, it's once again the Republicans who get more powerful.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I’m just glad I don’t have to vote for a molester

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the French voted for Macron not because they supported him, but because they absolutely didn't want the fascist alternative to win. this is a good thing. now they are dealing with Macron, but that is better than dealing with a literal fascist.

the situation is the same in the US. there are two options and they both suck. however, one is the lesser of two evils, so you vote for them. I really don't understand how this is such a contentious topic.

saying that voting is an act of affirmation or an act of support is theoretical bullshit and intellectually dishonest. its also not at all how democracies work. voting has always been a pragmatic act that can be done out of support for the person you are voting for, or out of hatred of the person they are running against.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oliwan posted:

the French voted for Macron not because they supported him, but because they absolutely didn't want the fascist alternative to win. this is a good thing. now they are dealing with Macron, but that is better than dealing with a literal fascist.

the situation is the same in the US. there are two options and they both suck. however, one is the lesser of two evils, so you vote for them. I really don't understand how this is such a contentious topic.

saying that voting is an act of affirmation or an act of support is theoretical bullshit and intellectually dishonest. its also not at all how democracies work. voting has always been a pragmatic act that can be done out of support for the person you are voting for, or out of hatred of the person they are running against.

Just admit you support the mass murder of millions of innocent Muslims and that Black people exist in America only to be brutalized and murdered by the police already.

When you vote for Biden that is the only thing you are doing. You are declaring that geriatric white male rapists have dominion over the world, and your comfort precedes the lives of people unfortunate enough to be born with the wrong skin color.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Just admit you support the mass murder of millions of innocent Muslims and that Black people exist in America only to be brutalized and murdered by the police already.

When you vote for Biden that is the only thing you are doing. You are declaring that geriatric white male rapists have dominion over the world, and your comfort precedes the lives of people unfortunate enough to be born with the wrong skin color.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Trump is not the greater evil than the 94 crime bill, drug war, Iraq war 2 guy. And I'm tired of the implication that he's this big dangerous fascist that needs to be stopped at all costs when the only one one in the race that has actually accomplished the kind of poo poo everyone accuses him of is the other guy, the "lesser evil". I don't care how much you dislike his tweets, or how orange he is. The fact of the matter is that Biden has done far more to harm people in this country and around the world that Trump ever will. Not for a lack of trying, mind you. Trump is an awful person and a massive dipshit but even Donald loving Trump can tell you the Iraq war was a mistake. It's how he got elected! And here we are, wrapping up a DNC convention in which one of the big "stars" of the show was the guy who sold the war to the UN and the public at large, endorsing the guy who wrote the loving Patriot Act and championed the Iraq war in the Senate. And this is the lesser evil? A mountain of bodies in Iraq, an entire generation of black and brown people locked up and their lives ruined, the continued (attempted) destruction of the few remaining scraps of the social safety net is preferable to tweets and bad feels? Give me a loving break.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Pretty sure they just don't want 4 more years of Trump. It doesn't need more elaboration than that.

When Biden loses you're going celebrate but I wonder how long it'll last. When Trump burns the rest of your country down and the revolution doesn't happen because, with total control of the country, he crushes it. You'll look back fondly at the time you got to bloviate on a forum about ideals and poo poo. Because ideals won't exist in your country very soon. You will either be with Trump or declared non-person.

It's not even that Biden is better, or even just the same. It's more how concerned you are about Biden winning compared to apparently not giving a gently caress about Trump getting 4 more years. Biden fills you with Terror but you think Trump is the enemy you know or something? As if Trump hasn't been accelerating in his shittiness. As if how bad it is now is how bad it's going to get. You joke about crack pinging but in the end here you are and it's not funny.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

Pretty sure they just don't want 4 more years of Trump. It doesn't need more elaboration than that.

When Biden loses you're going celebrate but I wonder how long it'll last. When Trump burns the rest of your country down and the revolution doesn't happen because, with total control of the country, he crushes it. You'll look back fondly at the time you got to bloviate on a forum about ideals and poo poo. Because ideals won't exist in your country very soon. You will either be with Trump or declared non-person.

It's not even that Biden is better, or even just the same. It's more how concerned you are about Biden winning compared to apparently not giving a gently caress about Trump getting 4 more years. Biden fills you with Terror but you think Trump is the enemy you know or something? As if Trump hasn't been accelerating in his shittiness. As if how bad it is now is how bad it's going to get. You joke about crack pinging but in the end here you are and it's not funny.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regarde Aduck posted:

Joe Biden spent decades in politics ensuring a man like him would come to power one day. 8 years of him as VP was nothing but corporate handouts and brutal austerity. He ensured Trump’s election in 2016, and all he would accomplish is locking in a more brutal, more competent Trump 2.0 in 2024.

Now run along and have fun scolding for Biden, it sure did work for President Hilla- oh, wait.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Donald Trump will extremely put everyone in the camps, maybe, and that's why it's so important that we support the guy who was part of an administration that actually built camps and put people in them. It was good when he did it though because the president was black, not like now where the president is orange, which makes it bad.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

the part of the country thats burning down right now is a dem one party state lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
People are really bad at arguing for Biden even tho its totally possible imo. It's sad to see.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

D1E posted:

how hard is it to understand that "voting for the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

This thread is fun.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

People are really bad at arguing for Biden even tho its totally possible imo. It's sad to see.

No it isn’t you idiot brain damaged maga succ chud neolib shill. Go back to d&d, and also gbs, and also qcs, and also fyad, and also reddit, and also kiwi farms,

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

(shoveling OVER 9000!! pieces of bernie sanders merchandise back into my closet) And if you think about it, what really is voting anyway

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
It's always this abstract fanfiction where biden v trump is what is going to decide fascism. fuckin lmao why would you take this angle. Tell people what they're going to get even if its crap, you don't need to treat people like babies.

Algund Eenboom posted:

(shoveling OVER 9000!! pieces of bernie sanders merchandise back into my closet) And if you think about it, what really is voting anyway

bernie shirts being offloaded on flea markets ftw

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe this is an American thing, but people keep coming back to the point that if you vote for Biden, that means you support him. this is patently untrue. tactical or strategic voting, i. e. not voting for someone because you support them, but because you think other people are worse, is as old as democracy itself.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm voting for Ultra Trump now (it's just Trump with pink glowing hair)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Kanye, please, just release the album