Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine thinking Big Sexy Joe Anoaʻi couldn't get over as a smarmy heel literally anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JOHN CENA posted:

he seems media trained and sanitized because of where he works. i fully believe if you give him an open mic, just let him be himself and give him time to find his voice, especially with the actual coaches they have there, his energy will translate.

I mean sure, but that’s also the only place he’s ever worked. I’ve never seen that spark in him that makes me think he’s got something interesting to say.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know if Preston Vance/10 actually did play football or if that's just part of his kayfabe backstory

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Slot him and Orange Cassidy together as a couple

I'm listening.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I don't have much interest in AEW acquiring new guys until they're using all the guys they have.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine thinking Big Sexy Joe Anoaʻi couldn't get over as a smarmy heel literally anywhere

Just try and imagine it

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lamuella posted:

I don't have much interest in AEW acquiring new guys until they're using all the guys they have.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing how the lower tier guys like Lee Johnson and Alan Angels ever advance if they keep bringing in established talent from elsewhere. The roster is top heavy already.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing how the lower tier guys like Lee Johnson and Alan Angels ever advance if they keep bringing in established talent from elsewhere. The roster is top heavy already.

At minimum I want to see people like Lance Archer and Ricky Starks in main show programs before anyone else of high profile gets signed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Especially because Lance Archer has been so good lately. He’s exactly what I want out of wrestler. Just a big mean loud guy who beats people up. Him ripping Jake the snakes shirt to reveal the writing underneath was the perfect wrestling bullshit. Think too hard it makes no sense but it’s pure spectacle for no other reason than to be interesting.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Orange Cassidy vs Joe Anoi’a could be incredibly fun, Orange could be totally star struck by Joe, because he was actually in the Fast and the Furious.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

HidaO-Win posted:

There is a shameful lack of chill Samoan powerhouses in AEW.

I would 100% support a Cobb return to fill that role over Roman. I know he’s pretty committed to NJPW right now, but if the US ever gets through Corona I’d love to see him back.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HidaO-Win posted:

Orange Cassidy vs Joe Anoi’a could be incredibly fun, Orange could be totally star struck by Joe, because he was actually in the Fast and the Furious.

Let’s be fair here. He was in the fast and furious spinoff as a guy with no lines.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why would you need Roman anywhere outside WWE when you have Sexy Tama roaming around and cutting better promos?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The_Rob posted:

Let’s be fair here. He was in the fast and furious spinoff as a guy with no lines.

I'd say that better than any of you goons.

Not me though. I don't do spinoffs.

(I'm Vin Diesel )

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The_Rob posted:

Especially because Lance Archer has been so good lately. He’s exactly what I want out of wrestler. Just a big mean loud guy who beats people up. Him ripping Jake the snakes shirt to reveal the writing underneath was the perfect wrestling bullshit. Think too hard it makes no sense but it’s pure spectacle for no other reason than to be interesting.

What are talking about? Lance Archer made his 65 year old manager take his shirt off so he could write his catch phrase on him only to reveal it later at an opportune moment. This behavior makes perfect sense.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

loving Diesel is Scott Hall's partner in this thing, what the gently caress are they doing he sucked in the fed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reigns 100% would get over in AEW as they would totally play to his strengths (strikes and timing) but if he leaves I really see him going to Hollywood

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

stop fantasy booking roman reigns ever being involved in something good

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JUNGLE BOY posted:

stop fantasy booking roman reigns ever being involved in something good

Hobbs and Shaw ruled and that's not fantasy, Jack!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Roman Reigns posted:

For them to critique or ever say anything about any performer is asinine and just blows my mind.

Roman Reigns posted:

As far as the hate, it makes me laugh. Everybody is a critic. Every critic I've ever had, they weren't wrestlers. Every wrestler I've ever had critique me, they were always into my stuff or what I'm doing out there. For a non-wrestler, someone who doesn't even know how to lock up, and if we did lock up, they wouldn't know what to do, for them to critique any of us, it really does pop me.

how soon people forget that roman reigns is just as big a bootlicker as seth and used to do interviews way dumber than anything seth has ever said. he's not gonna turn up anywhere else other than hollywood. he's a wwe lifer and there's no reason to believe he doesn't absolutely love every minute of garbage he's been involved in

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I mean he bailed so

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lamuella posted:

define "successful wrestler"

Rock, Austin, Cena.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you want me to believe Roman was ever as bad as Seth you're going to have to find some stuff that isn't just very dumb defense of himself

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Roman has always struck me as someone who's a lot more into the WWE than participating in wrestling unto itself, he does not seem in any way like the kind of guy who's secretly itching to go get punched in the face by Tomohiro ishii or something

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The argument that Roman wouldn’t leave because he’s a family man doesn’t hold up. He literally isn’t working there right now because he cares about his kids more than WWE. He will go wherever is best for his children, that’s why Roman kicks rear end to me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Rock, Austin, Cena.

Wow, sucks that there were only ever three successful professional wrestlers.

Also giving examples isn't giving a definition.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I hate that "you're not a wrestler so you can't critique" poo poo

I'm not a pilot but if someone flew their plane into a tree i know they're a lovely pilot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they did it on purpose and selected a specific tree that's rather skilled

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Why push Roman when you have Ricky Starks and Brian Cage?

Roman would be a solid get, but despite everything Vince tried to do over the past...God, six years? Roman never caught on, be it injury, suspension, or fans being sick of his uberpush. It wouldn't be worth the money and I don't think it would translate to substantial mainstream attention for AEW. With a three-year TV contrast growing stars like Hangman, OC, and Santana/Ortiz is the way I think AEW should go.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Roman won't ever do anything to put his kids/or direct family having jobs with WWE for life in danger. He's not stepping out of line.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Critical posted:

I hate that "you're not a wrestler so you can't critique" poo poo

I'm not a pilot but if someone flew their plane into a tree i know they're a lovely pilot

I'd be impressed with the precision if they flew the plane directly into a singular tree tbh

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Cavauro posted:

if they did it on purpose and selected a specific tree that's rather skilled

hunnert car pileup posted:

I'd be impressed with the precision if they flew the plane directly into a singular tree tbh

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Roman won't ever do anything to put his kids/or direct family having jobs with WWE for life in danger. He's not stepping out of line.

He already stepped out of line, he stepped the gently caress off TV rightfully so and changed all their plans. Roman is not just some bootlicker dude is his own man.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Exactly why a low to midcarder like Roman would help boost the division.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

He already stepped out of line, he stepped the gently caress off TV rightfully so and changed all their plans. Roman is not just some bootlicker dude is his own man.

he's immunocompromised and like any sane person isn't going to put his life on the line for a sports entertainment tv show. let's not pretend he stuck his neck out for anyone else or tried to take some moral stand against vince/wwe.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is not nearly the same as testing the waters with direct competition.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Roman was poo poo on just as bad as Mox was by WWE with writing. Mox’s interviews confirm Roman knew the writing sucked and Mox even tried to help him find ways to say that poo poo and not kill his character which didn’t work because you cannot overcome sufferin succotash.

If Mox can leave over what he did, Roman can too. It’s not like Mox respects himself wrestling and Roman doesn’t and just wants a paycheck. There is nothing to show these two best friends don’t view the wrestling artform the same. In fact Seth was the odd man out of their group if Mox’s interviews are to be believed and they are. Look at Seth, pregnant wife and still working in a place that had 40 confirmed cases, constantly regurgitating corporate speak in interviews etc, that’s a guy who will never leave. I don’t think Roman is a mark, but i’m derailing and i’m sorry that’s my only points. if Roman signs with AEW someday buy me a soda.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Matt Cardona was a failed pro wrestler and they brought him in. Reigns is a top star and a great worker even when shackled by WWE. If he wants to sign they will pay any amount to get him, the only person they might pay more for is Cena or Rock, neither of which would ever happen.

Reigns isn’t dumb, he sees what his best friend is able to do with the chains off. Also if this was going to happen Dave Meltzer isn’t going to be clued in whatsoever it would be Mox, Reigns and Tony only.

If you think Omega/Reigns wouldn’t be a 6 star match I don’t know what to tell ya, and Reigns is not a lifer indoctrinated goof like Seth or Braun, when COVID hit he said gently caress WWE and they couldn’t do a drat thing about it. He’s his own man and I’m just saying if he bailed on WWE for AEW it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

They absolutely wouldn't but it's not because Reigns sucks or anything. They just wouldn't because Roman has been the face of WWE for way too long. He's too important to come over to AEW and just be some guy but putting him the main event scene would just be too TNA. If they had a spot for him he'd be a great get, I just don't think they'd have a spot for Roman "Unfortunately the face of some of the worst TV WWE has ever made" Reigns.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Like someone earlier also said, they have enough guys already that they do nothing with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Roman signs with AEW someday buy me a soda.

I'll take this bet. If Roman signs with AEW, I will buy EMF a soda currently being produced at the time of signing, of his choice in the container of his choosing.