Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
CHI CHI :(

maybe a company like WoW with a lot of success and clout should work to put together some kind of medical/pension fund for the uninsured queens that make them all their money...

I didn't like that Lemon elimination, my wife thought they were going to double shantay. But I would hate to see Rita go although that makeover was pretty bad. It's hard to pick anyone to go at this stage - Scarlett is not impressing me too much and those fringe outfits were gross although I don't dislike Scarlett. Jimbo did super well so even after the ugliness last week it wouldn't work to eliminate her. I was feeling like Lemon had the right stuff to get the crown, now I guess it's a Jimbo/Priyanka fight unless Scarlett and Rita really step it TFU.

Rita has done makeup for other people and had 7 drag daughters and yet the look was bad. I guess the clubs in Montreal are real dark so it never was a big issue until now.

How many yellow wigs does Lemon own?

Cafe Barbarian fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Cafe Barbarian posted:

maybe a company like WoW with a lot of success and clout should work to put together some kind of medical/pension fund for the uninsured queens that make them all their money...

WoW can't even feed the drat queens properly and you think they're gonna give their contract workers health insurance?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can someone good at gifs do the legendary moment her beads broke during And I Am Telling You? TIA<3

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I was feeling like Lemon had the right stuff to get the crown, now I guess it's a Jimbo/Priyanka fight unless Scarlett and Rita really step it TFU.

They are definitely setting Rita up to win, she got three wins so quickly I'd be surprised if anyone other than Priyanka had a chance.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by Jimbo? The first couple of episodes I was all for Jimbo but over the last few episodes I just think she's meh. All of the acting challenges have been meh and I feel like all of her kooky quirky runways have been meh. Nothing she has done has been very distinct from any other kooky quirky queen (who likely did it better). It probably doesn't help that all of the Jimbo stans can only see her being robbed and none of Jimbo's actual flaws. I feel bad for the person that eliminates Jimbo (if that happens).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jimbo could win next week so we'd end up with 3 v 2 v 2 wins in the Finale. Or Scarlet Bobo wins (she won't win) and all hell breaks loose/there's a double save.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Elucidarius posted:

They are definitely setting Rita up to win, she got three wins so quickly I'd be surprised if anyone other than Priyanka had a chance.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by Jimbo? The first couple of episodes I was all for Jimbo but over the last few episodes I just think she's meh. All of the acting challenges have been meh and I feel like all of her kooky quirky runways have been meh. Nothing she has done has been very distinct from any other kooky quirky queen (who likely did it better). It probably doesn't help that all of the Jimbo stans can only see her being robbed and none of Jimbo's actual flaws. I feel bad for the person that eliminates Jimbo (if that happens).

Incorrect opinion. I'm hoping for Priyanka to win but Jimbo is great and her brand of "kooky" isn't like anyone else's. Her music video lipsyncs on Instagram are amazing too.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

The Little Death posted:

Incorrect opinion. I'm hoping for Priyanka to win but Jimbo is great and her brand of "kooky" isn't like anyone else's. Her music video lipsyncs on Instagram are amazing too.

Oh I don't disagree, I love Jimbo outside of the show but on the show not so much.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Elucidarius posted:

Oh I don't disagree, I love Jimbo outside of the show but on the show not so much.

I think she's been good, but yeah the social media hivemind's take that Jimbo was robbed every week is getting sort of excruciating. I feel like the big misstep was episode 1, because yeah Jimbo was just better than Rita then, and awarding it to her started this horrendous spiral.

E: Actually Starzy should have one ep 1

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

gandlethorpe posted:

Can someone good at gifs do the legendary moment her beads broke during And I Am Telling You? TIA<3

https://i.gifer.com/7Xkb.mp4

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't know if this makes me sound like all the people on social media because this thread is the only drag race discussion I participate in but it feels like they are desperate for reasons not to give Jimbo wins tbh.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Honestly Lemon deserved to go home on the lipsync for doing stupid air guitar.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:discourse: :love:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

The Berzerker posted:

Honestly Lemon deserved to go home on the lipsync for doing stupid air guitar.

I thought Lemon's performance was REALLY good but yeah I am pretty tired of air instruments in lip syncs. Tbh I thought she was giving it better than Rita but I understand why they kept Rita; 3 wins (I disagree with 2 of them but whatever) and first time in the bottom, it makes sense. Plus they clearly want her to win or at least make top 3.

I dunno, I just really enjoyed Lemon all through the competition.

The Little Death posted:

I think she's been good, but yeah the social media hivemind's take that Jimbo was robbed every week is getting sort of excruciating. I feel like the big misstep was episode 1, because yeah Jimbo was just better than Rita then, and awarding it to her started this horrendous spiral.

E: Actually Starzy should have one ep 1

Starzy was loving robbed. Jimbo should have won the lawyer commercial challenge if they weren't going to give it to the queens who had the actual best commercial, and I probably would have picked her over Priyanka for this week, but I don't disagree with Priyanka's win.

If Bobo had dressed them in literally anything but that leotard under those jackets, she could have won. Even if she had done a loving...denim short with cool top, it would have been basic as poo poo but it would have been coherent and they could have focused more on the really gorg makeup. What the gently caress was she thinking with that leotard and jacket combo.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Elucidarius posted:

Hard disagree. Last week's pageant challenge, I haven't laughed as hard as I did at Jimbo's act in a long time. I don't think the show has ever had a winner before so into satire, and I'm here for it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The air guitar was cringe but at least it was just a split second and she didn't lean on it like other queens who have thought that was anything other than an awkward move.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

esperterra posted:

The air guitar was cringe but at least it was just a split second and she didn't lean on it like other queens who have thought that was anything other than an awkward move.

...pryianka did air guitar in i drove all night...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

...pryianka did air guitar in i drove all night...

I honestly don't remember that lmbo

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just plain don't understand why they didn't like Jimbo's looks. "Oh you're too slutty" well it's drag for god's sake, Anita Mann, Sofonda Coxx, and Annie Cockle Doo are rolling in their graves. It's not a valid critique. She sewed two perfectly fitting latex costumes and perfectly matched her makeup to her makeover guy. "Oh but we wanted sisters" well gently caress that.

I also don't see how Priyanka's was a win - complementary colors in yawn ostrich feathers, premade headpieces, bad wigs.

As for Rita, I don't think it's fair to the French girls that there isn't someone like Mado judging, a Quebecois judge who can understand the frankly very different cultural influences. Quebec is not entirely like the rest of Canada, but only they speak French.

Scarlet Bobo was eh whatever.

Lemon was OK but yeah Lime's face didn't fit hers, and maybe learn to adapt.

Anyway, please support Rainbow Railroad, it's a wonderful charity. https://www.rainbowrailroad.org/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

esperterra posted:

I honestly don't remember that lmbo

Four notes, she was all the way on audience left and it was just in frame.

Not a knock on her performance, it was stellar, but I did laugh when I caught it the 10th time I watched that lsfyl.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Honestly I felt like the win this week was a definite toss up between Pri and Jimbo, and the judges went with Pri for whatever reason. They seemed pretty bothered by the slutty sisters being too close, which is fair enough though tbh that gimmick just made it even more wonderfully over the top for me. But Pri and her partner had amazing chemistry and did just as well despite the basic outfits, imho. And they were styled well for what amounted to just a body suit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't buy the "family" thing after RuPaul has been telling us we get to choose our family for literal years. Like, "we would like you present a family that is very heteronormative despite many many attempts of challenging the nuclear family and also technically houses are a family but really though, keep it PG."

Also Jeffrey looked like an idiot with that body glitter all sort of in his eye area.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I do find it funny that the Canadian version of Drag Race went 'wait a sec that's too far' on a dirty gimmick, considering the entire time Drag Race has been airing Canada has been watching it uncensored while in America half the drat show is bleeps.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

angerbeet posted:

Also Jeffrey looked like an idiot with that body glitter all sort of in his eye area.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Also Pastor Nina can bust a move

gently caress the Handmaid's tale. She's Pastor Nina

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blah, the wrong Queen was in the bottom. Should have been Bobo with her one piece and a jacket... boring zzz

Yeah, Lemons sister wasn’t done up all the way but there’s only so much you can do with such a hyper masculine face. Bobo didn’t even try. Ugh!!!

Thought for sure double shante. 😑

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The Vegas show premiered tonight.

Why the hell was the party at Derrick and Nebraska's house relegated to a flashback? That should have been half the episode, I don't care that much about the rehearsals. If the queens are going to be fighting, I don't want to see a cliffnotes version of it with Kameron telling his boyfriend about it on facetime.

Stray thoughts:

- Kameron and his boyfriend are the definition of boyfriend twins. I could not tell them apart in their photos together.

- Vanjie's next door neighbor is Silky? I would not want to be their neighbors, that has got to be the loudest apartment complex just between the two of them.

- Nebraska is hella thirsty. I wonder how angry she is that she hasn't been officially cast on the show yet.

- Derrick is still as messy as she ever was.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
How in the gently caress was that not a double shantay???? First of all it was a challenge making over loving Rainbow Railroad refugees, that should never be an elimination challenge (as exemplified by the classic program, Groomer Has It), but Jebus in Heaven that was the most amazing loving lipsync, and the editor knew it - how often do we get a split screen?

No. I strongly disagree with this entire decision.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

While I think Lemon did better than Rita (not that Rita didn't slay btw, I just liked Lemon's performance more), I was expecting a double shantay there as well. On the other hand I'm incredibly happy Canada's Drag Race hasn't pulled that card yet.

I'm loving tired of RPDR shoehorning in at least one double shantay per season these days. It should be rare.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

The judging in DRCAN has been so questionable. I feel like every episode we all go "huh?" It's like the audience is watching a different show than the judges. I mean Drag Race in general has been going in that direction, but it's really apparent now.

Jimbo's looks were great AND hand-made, and her daughter's mug was gorgeous! I like Priyanka but come on.

I'm also so over Jeffrey. He tries way too hard.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Click to immediately start bawling

https://twitter.com/WorldOfWonder/status/1296824684160442369

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

great episode. I thought Jimbo won the episode for sure given the amount of work she put into hand-making the two looks and getting her daughter ready; both her and Bimbo looked incredible. Also doing bright red looks when the guest judge is a principal actor on Handmaid’s Tale is just good metagaming.

Priyanka winning is an entirely acceptable outcome though, and I’m glad she’s got another win notched before the finale.

That lipsync was really close; I’m sad to see Lemon go because she won me the gently caress over during the season. She’s very quick-witted and charismatic, shame about the intermittently busted runways.

great edition of the puppet challenge, too. Everyone made a funny. Bobo outpaced my expectation of her by making top 4.

I get the feeling that the crown’ll come down to what tracks the queens have to lipsync. I can’t see Jimbo or Bobo winning against Rita or Priyanka if made to do a torch song. We’ve been getting the bangers all season so I’m very excited to see what they’ve got in the chamber for the finale

It’s sad that this season made my opinion of Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman skew towards dislike. The man is gorgeous

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My problem with JBC isn't even him being highkey a dick to the queens, it's that he's a dick when he has no real expertise in anything he should be judging kweens for. Say what you will about Santino, but at least he was a fashion designer. It just comes off much worse when JBC is more or less the definition of someone who needs to shut his no-drag-knowledge-mouth.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 22, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He is very nice to look at tho

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I think he's a good host but not a good judge. I think Brook Lynne may have a bit of a bias towards queens that are like her. I remember her being bitter about comedy queens.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

my partner has a killer JBC impersonation, it’s all coquettish overenunciation and shoulder talking

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've been over makeover challenges since Cheryl Hole got eliminated for doing the best.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

JBC is basically a cat in heat. Just replace everything he says with shoulder twitches and mroowrrWRRRRWWOwwwwwmama.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Shneak posted:

I've been over makeover challenges since Cheryl Hole got eliminated for doing the best.

I am a massive Cheryl Hole stan, and to this day, I still have an incredibly difficult time figuring out which person on stage was Cheryl and which one was her sister.

I still cannot get over Vanjie's makeover of Ariel. The first time they walked out together, my brain was having difficulty even determining WHO Vanjie's makeover partner was...and then I hollered "Wait, is that ARIEL?!"

Magic! Pure magic.

Speaking of, I have yet to watch the latest RPDR Canada episode (the makeover), but I hear it's quite controversial. What type of makeover do y'all think is more impressive? Making over the guest so that they look EXACTLY like your own mug? Or making them over, but in a way that is distinct to their style (but still fits well with yours)?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I saw on reddit (yes shut up) that Rainbow Railroad intended to use the story of refugees being on CDR for publicity purposes, which... explains some of the placement issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I saw on reddit (yes shut up) that Rainbow Railroad intended to use the story of refugees being on CDR for publicity purposes, which... explains some of the placement issues.

Could you please expand on that a bit?