Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh I’m fully on board for 47 Knives Out. :allears:

Thinking about this a bit more, if they fully commit to that, this will be a suit.

Who needs tactical turtlenecks when you can have cable knits sweaters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
BAH! I LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME YOU MORON!

Nonsense Krusty, look at your breasts!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mierenneuker posted:

Thinking about this a bit more, if they fully commit to that, this will be a suit.

Who needs tactical turtlenecks when you can have cable knits sweaters?

I have one of these jumpers and it’s so comfy and warm. :kimchi:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I really, really wish you could get a variant of the fired employee's outfit as a suit.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Man, I am poo poo at these sniper missions.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hitman 1 (2016) is gonna be free next week on EGS - I'd assume Hitman 2 also appears there at some point for free.

The Dartmoor mission appears to be dynamic, from what I'm reading on their site. Events will change depending on how and when 47 makes certain discoveries, supposedly meaning that the killer could be one of six targets and there won't always be the same outcome.

quote:

“HITMAN missions are very complicated affairs with plenty of moving parts and lots of characters you are able to interact with in a huge variety of ways. In Dartmoor’s murder mystery, we are dialing all of that up to 11.

Every member of the family is a possible suspect and it’s been quite the challenge to make sure everything doesn’t fall apart just because the player wants to play around. In fact, that sort of behaviour should be rewarded in a HITMAN game, so we have been working hard on making sure that depending on what a player discovers during their investigation, outcomes might differ. It’s going to be great fun to see how everyone tackles this particular problem next year.”

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

ErrEff posted:

The Dartmoor mission appears to be dynamic, from what I'm reading on their site. Events will change depending on how and when 47 makes certain discoveries, supposedly meaning that the killer could be one of six targets and there won't always be the same outcome.

This level sounds very fun to play once. I hope it remains fun to play on that fifth/sixth/twentieth time through to clean up challenges/master/contracts.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ErrEff posted:

Events will change depending on how and when 47 makes certain discoveries, supposedly meaning that the killer could be one of six targets and there won't always be the same outcome.

Was it one of her clients? Or was it a jealous wife? Or an adulterous doctor? No, it was her employer, Miss Scarlet!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This level sounds very fun to play once. I hope it remains fun to play on that fifth/sixth/twentieth time through to clean up challenges/master/contracts.

Presumably there will be some easy to get (once you discover them) clues to make a very quick way of finding a murderer.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I would prefer if the killer was randomized at level start and not dependent on your actions, maybe with a few very subtle telltale hints to assist speedrunners

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
According to the blog post the murder mystery is a mission story in Dartmoor, so it's not something you'll have to do every time. Diana's dialogue in the trailer makes it clear that your target is who hired the detective to begin with so I imagine solving the murder is just one way to get some alone time with that target.

They specifically say you can also play the level normally:

quote:

Besides playing detective and piecing the mystery together, you’ll have full freedom to explore and create your own plans.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

repiv posted:

Yeah it's gotta be randomised to have good replay value.

It does have playtime tracking and has for a while, it's the second column in the library. I do wish they'd hurry up and add achievements though, I can live without the vast majority of the features that Steam has amassed over the years but come on achievements aren't that complicated.

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1288520483147833346

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Oh nice, guess I just haven't played any EGS games that integrate their achievements API yet.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Pirate Jet posted:

Hitman 3 on PC will be an Epic Games Store exclusive.

Nope, I'm out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cleared all Hokkaido challenges except Yuma Tenacity. Got it to level 3 but level 4 seems like a fucker, can't be bothered right now.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Lollerich posted:

Nope, I'm out.
It's timed exclusive. I don't like it either, but I do understand why IOI decided to do this.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm a bit confused about the mission story challenges. It seems like I'm unlocking the "complete all stories" challenge when I still have one to go?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you possibly looking at the mission stories for the location rather than the specific mission

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Super No Vacancy posted:

are you possibly looking at the mission stories for the location rather than the specific mission

I'm still trying to get to grips with all the menus tbh, haha. I know I did all but one story for The Showstopper though (the one where you impersonate the Sheikh was the one I was missing) and I still got the "stories complete" challenge as well as the accompanying trophy.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Maybe that one wasn’t officially a “story” in H1 but they made it one for H2? But didn’t update the challenge.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Usually the "Mission Stories - [Location]" challenge is 3 specific mission stories. For The Showstopper it's Lights Out, A Private Meeting and 15 Seconds of Fame. Unless you're on about a different challenge.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That makes a lot more sense, thanks!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yeah you don't have to do all Mission Stories for those challenges, just the ones they highlight. Doing all of them is a good way to unlock more challenges though, as a lot of the time those stories are the easiest way to set up certain challenge-related kills. Taking out Robert Knox with the fish at the marina, for example, is only really possible if you can lure him down to the waterfront with a Mission Story.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I genuinely wonder what they're going to do about the associated challenges when they shut down multiplayer. The fact that ghost mode existed liberated me from any desire to complete every challenge in the game, so I've barely done any in 2 whereas I think I had 100% in 1 at some point (they kept adding more with every escalation though didn't they?).

I've completed all of the sniper mode challenges so I think I'd genuinely prefer they left them in for that reason but also because if they remove the ghost mode ones I'll be tempted to try and 100% the game and having done both I can honestly say just loving off the challenges is a million times more fun than tipping 47 npcs into the ocean or whatever other horseshit they dreamed up :v:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know everyone loves Sapienza but the mission stories in the bonus missions are... I don't know, a bit dodgy. A byproduct of the more clustered and condensed settings probably?

I can only imagine at this point how to SOSA The Icon...

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Are they making us buy/install standalone hitman 1 and 2 on the EGS to carry over progress and play the H1 and H2 maps in H3?

I can't remember how H2 handled it, was it a paid DLC that unlocked the maps based on your account progress/privileges, or did it check your steam library to see if you had 1 and 2 purchased?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
For the Icon SASO, you can get into the trailer via the skylight without too much trouble, then just hide in the closet and nab him when he comes in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rookoo posted:

Are they making us buy/install standalone hitman 1 and 2 on the EGS to carry over progress and play the H1 and H2 maps in H3?

I can't remember how H2 handled it, was it a paid DLC that unlocked the maps based on your account progress/privileges, or did it check your steam library to see if you had 1 and 2 purchased?

Hitman 2 you just had to log into Hitman 1 on your IOI account. They've also already said progress will carry over between launchers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Dabir posted:

Cleared all Hokkaido challenges except Yuma Tenacity. Got it to level 3 but level 4 seems like a fucker, can't be bothered right now.

Start as surgeon, head down and remove camera recordings before anything else. Get used to knocking out and hiding out the whole walkway down by the supply room with Nails' drugs; it will give you way more time/space to work with for the tight/finicky kill sequence.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 23, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

For the Icon SASO, you can get into the trailer via the skylight without too much trouble, then just hide in the closet and nab him when he comes in.

And if you’ve done the mission stories you should know how you can get Dino to leave the set.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Mierenneuker posted:

And if you’ve done the mission stories you should know how you can get Dino to leave the set.

Wait, I don't remember this one. Maybe I somehow completed it without realising?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Wait, I don't remember this one. Maybe I somehow completed it without realising?

Disable the generator next to the truck with sliding doors on both sides. No need to manually disable it, a bullet will do. I think it's somewhat timing dependent, but if you do it when they start filming, Dino will get annoyed and go to the meeting with the fans.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 23, 2020

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Mierenneuker posted:

Disable the generator next to the truck with sliding doors on both sides. No need to manually disable it, a bullet will do. I think it's somewhat timing dependent, but if you do it when they start filming, Dino will get annoyed and go to the meeting with the fans.

Nice! Yeah, I definitely didn't do that one, which is weird because they were all ticked off. I really felt like I had to use the effects crew disguise for all the others.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think I'm in the crowd that prefers A House Built on Sand to A Gilded Cage. I agree with the criticisms that the school and the embassy feel a bit too separate, like they're not even part of the same map. House on the other hand pushes the street life aspects more and has a few fun stories.

Dropping a giant moose on Strandberg after he's asked if he has any words for the protesters and his words being "gently caress you" is sweet though. :getin:

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

If anyone needs help with ghost mode challenges let me know. I have them already.

edit: on PC

Zaffy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 23, 2020

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Well, I was feeling ambivalent about Hitman 3 being exclusive to Epic for a year and planned to get it anyway. I recently logged on to the launcher to get Enter The Gungeon for free and all the other free games I've picked up over the last year are missing. Googling around, it's apparent this has been an issue for years now and clearly isn't fixed.

I'll probably wait for Steam.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Is it possible to do the Bugman story in Club 27 without setting off a massive alert.

Edit: also there seems to be a problem with getting Cross to electrocute himself with the microphone. Sometimes he wants to sing and sometimes he doesn't? Not sure I understand the challenge.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 23, 2020

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is it possible to do the Bugman story in Club 27 without setting off a massive alert.

Edit: also there seems to be a problem with getting Cross to electrocute himself with the microphone. Sometimes he wants to sing and sometimes he doesn't? Not sure I understand the challenge.

Yes, you can do the bugman story without setting off alerts, the trick is finishing off Cross while everyone is unconscious but without any other witnesses getting there.

For the microphone plot, Cross needs to be impressed with the track before he bothers to sing on it, which is why you need to talk to the producer and fix the audio mix while the band is jamming

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

Yes, you can do the bugman story without setting off alerts, the trick is finishing off Cross while everyone is unconscious but without any other witnesses getting there.

For the microphone plot, Cross needs to be impressed with the track before he bothers to sing on it, which is why you need to talk to the producer and fix the audio mix while the band is jamming

It's weird because I fixed the track and he refused to sing twice, then he finally did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm not the biggest fan of The Finish Line. It's a cool setting/concept but the racetrack basically means that the map is split in two and getting between the two can be a bit of a faff. Also, most of the story opportunities are not intuitive and also require Sierra and/or Robert to walk long distances whilst you wait for them.