Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Sillybones posted:

Thinking of doing masters in teaching. I finished a CS degree a long time ago and now apparently everything is about 'majors' and 'minors' and apparently I need a minor (likely in maths) to be able to go into masters. My program had nothing about that stuff so apparently I would have to convince the admissions board somehow that I am able to do it. The advice I got is that it is maybe doable since my grades were okay and I have been teaching since.

Reminds me, been watching The X-Files lately. It is silly and good. I assume you saw Too Much and your mind was wiped.

I crashed a plane into my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

But also go for the teaching. You seem to be pretty good at it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just finished PS4 Spiderman. Wow just wow. What a loving amazing game.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Sillybones posted:

Thinking of doing masters in teaching. I finished a CS degree a long time ago and now apparently everything is about 'majors' and 'minors' and apparently I need a minor (likely in maths) to be able to go into masters. My program had nothing about that stuff so apparently I would have to convince the admissions board somehow that I am able to do it. The advice I got is that it is maybe doable since my grades were okay and I have been teaching since.

Reminds me, been watching The X-Files lately. It is silly and good. I assume you saw Too Much and your mind was wiped.

I wanna go full teacher of the Deaf

Unfortunately that's get a teaching degree, then do a master's in hearing impairment teaching

6 years for marginal improvement in pay is annoying

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dandrews and Sutton are now talking about eradication rather than containment in Victoria, and stage 4 is now a long time rather than the initial six weeks. Gonna be tough to control the masses as weather gets nicer.

Most of my 14 or so co-workers will be forced to look for a different job too as they can't survive on a 30% pay cut for months. Not that anyone is hiring. It was a good group. :(

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm glad I got my job at ansto when I did, perfect time to be in a stable government job without any pay cuts. My former employer cut salaries globally with the drop in business due to the pandemic but Australia wasn't too badly affected (5% or so)

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

I feel it's too late for eradication even though it's what I wanted from the start, fucks sake. I haven't been able to get to the cemetery since literally before our lockdowns began. Between 6 & 7 day work weeks and 5km distance rules that is loving with me more than anything else. Atleast it means I'll be working from home longer, hooray.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Man I feel you hey, being the only member of a 40 odd member extended family in Sydney and one of 3 in NSW means I can't go up to visit family in Qld easily. I was planning Easter in Bundy with mum and dad, my mate's engagement party in July and my grandma's 88th birthday in July but instead been stuck in this place the entire time

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My nephew and his missus are currently in mandatory quarantine in Perth after previously being refused permission to return to WA from Victoria 4 times.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Lolie posted:

My nephew and his missus are currently in mandatory quarantine in Perth after previously being refused permission to return to WA from Victoria 4 times.

At least they got out! :angel: How long for?

Melbourne is actually a perfect day to quarantine today - it's cold, pissing with rain, and generally miserable.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Wtf is it with cunts with the Roni and Grand Plaza.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone notice they are getting scammy SMSes after putting down their phone number for Covid tracing?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Why do I get calls on my mobile from a 02 number that starts off silent, then some weird tinny music plays and some recorded woman starts talking in Chinese at me? I have never even given my number out anywhere.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Sillybones posted:

Why do I get calls on my mobile from a 02 number that starts off silent, then some weird tinny music plays and some recorded woman starts talking in Chinese at me? I have never even given my number out anywhere.

This has been happening to me and my partner for at least 1-2 years now. It's only maybe a call every few months or even longer apart, but it's definitely a fairly common thing. No idea where they get the numbers, it's always an 02 one for me as well and 99% of my calls are 04-based so it's easy to spot by now.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

They went back to WA because his mother's health has declined in the last year so I expect they'll stay in WA indefinitely.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Sillybones posted:

Are you sure it's an 02 number. I get them as well but the number starts with 2 and no prefix. The location came up as PNG when I got one the other day.

I find they cone in bursts and you'll get them daily for a while and then they will stop for months.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Ive been getting the Chinese recordings lately too, presumably threatening my famiiy or telling me to keep adding more feta

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Lolie posted:

Are you sure it's an 02 number. I get them as well but the number starts with 2 and no prefix. The location came up as PNG when I got one the other day.

I find they cone in bursts and you'll get them daily for a while and then they will stop for months.

It starts with 026228---- and each time it seems a sequentially higher number.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I got one once, had a Mandarin speaking colleague try and translate the voicemail they left. Colleague said it was hard to make out, but that it seemed to be a really formal dialect suggesting I had a package to collect.

I expect for the most part they're part of that scam that targets Chinese nationals threatening them with deportation or spying charges or whatever

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lolie posted:

they cone in bursts

:same:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The Mandarin phone calls are an old successful scam scaring chinese nationals into paying imaginary fees to the CCP.

They just spoof numbers, ignore them.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Only my doctors have my number so every time it rings it feels super important.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zazi posted:

I got one once, had a Mandarin speaking colleague try and translate the voicemail they left. Colleague said it was hard to make out, but that it seemed to be a really formal dialect suggesting I had a package to collect.

I've had some in the past which specifically mention DHL packages before babbling in Chinese. Needless to say I was not expecting any deliveries from DHL at the time and that isn't the way DHL has contacted me about legit deliveries.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
in the bowels of the niishi
already missing the dogs
free minibar for no good reason

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
1st legal cone in 43 years :)

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Thinking about getting a rescue dog of some sort but a small one that can potter about on my balcony during the day, there's a great park not 2 mins walk from home that's off leash. As much as I adore big dogs it's not feasible and I like the idea of a little buddy running around the joint

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Killed more qlders than diabetes and brain injuries not from road accidents on the Bruce combined I reckon

Given that the old Bruce Hwy included a good stretch of the Marlborough/Sarina Rd, I'd say you're right.

https://holidayroad.com.au/the-horror-stretch/

The article is a little outdated, Lotus Creek Roadhouse was destroyed by floodwaters from Cyclone Debbie so there are no stops along there now.

Some more enticing entries

https://www.qt.com.au/news/truckie-shares-spine-tingling-story-about-horror-s/3868565/

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-213499753/murder-highway-memories-stay-fresh

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 23, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Melbourne is actually a perfect day to quarantine today - it's cold, pissing with rain, and generally miserable.

Gonna steal this Thunderfury tag later :hmmyes:

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Just got this email about some stuffs I ordered and I'm fucken livid. This week is over before it began, gently caress.

"Click the link below to track your order. Your F*stway Tracking Number is"

ili
Jul 26, 2003

naeka posted:

Just got this email about some stuffs I ordered and I'm fucken livid. This week is over before it began, gently caress.

:rip:

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Hadn't bothered measuring myself since I got my licence and I've been telling everyone I'm an inch shorter than I actually am for 15 years.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

naeka posted:

Me too. Let's see if this time it sits as "invalid tracking number" for a week, and then when it does finally work the only entry is "return to sender" like the last time this happened.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

In the toilet at work and just heard Velcro, what the hell who's got Velcro on their clothes

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

McSpergin posted:

In the toilet at work and just heard Velcro, what the hell who's got Velcro on their clothes

My partner does - he's an amputee and he's had some of his pants altered with an opening seam up one side of the leg so he can adjust his prosthetic without having to drop his pants. But most of the seams are zippered, not velcro.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

naeka posted:

F

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

McSpergin posted:

look at this absolute scrub who has never heard of vans prison issues

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
mmmm

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I assume that is pineapple juice and not the disgusting alternative I think it is involving milk and pineapple.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Allen's, known manufacturers of Juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

never had a pineapple custard doughnut?