Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

1. no dune movie at all
2. getting a critically acclaimed dune part one that no one sees and doesnt get a part two
3. getting a two-movie dune that sucks rear end

Me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So when is this movie coming out, I actually want to go and see it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Phlegmish posted:

So when is this movie coming out, I actually want to go and see it
Look within the place where you dare not look, and you will see the trailer looking back at you!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not putting my hand in the box again

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

I can kill you with a word

D E L A Y E D

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
If we're still doing always sunny, can I get in on it:

Duncan Idaho: An erotic Life.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Delayed
Until
Next
Christmas

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Okay, This month, August, but what year?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-sm9r0_q5o

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i will stick my hand in whomever's box who asks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the_enduser posted:

Delayed
Until
Next
Christmas

:vince:

:negative:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

the_enduser posted:

Delayed
Until
Next
Christmas

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

We have wormsign

SomeJazzyRat posted:

To whoever was bitching about a Dune trailer, WB apparently gave Canadian theater's notice that the trailer would appear in front of Tenet...

Starting the Monday after it's release (the 31st). So I imagine it will be a simultaneous online release.

If you consider that a goon citing something they heard

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I used my prescience, which I gained after blacking out due to drinking 15-20 beers in one sitting back in college, and the movie will be good despite poor acting from a person who is hidden my from prescient vision

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I used my prescience, which I gained after blacking out due to drinking 15-20 beers in one sitting back in college, and the movie will be good despite poor acting from a person who is hidden my from prescient vision

Must be Tom Holland as Feyd.
Or Johnny Depp Emperor!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jared Leto playing Cybertrex 3000

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

i will stick my hand in whomever's box who asks

WAGJ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the_enduser posted:

Delayed
Until
Next
Christmas

I might prefer this, honestly

I want to see it on a massive screen, just... not right now

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

1. no dune movie at all
2. getting a critically acclaimed dune part one that no one sees and doesnt get a part two
3. getting a two-movie dune that sucks rear end

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
We do not need any movie. That is for klingons and muppeteers. Read the book again and it will be in your minds eye :)

I read it to my girl and she likes it a lot (though she put down book four without a word, hah).

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Wrapping up heretics and it's ending in soup, hypnobongs, and two bene tleilax one on top of another in a trenchcoat

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

I might prefer this, honestly

I want to see it on a massive screen, just... not right now

I mean, what if you went during the middle of the day? I might consider going to a little used theater, like early morning or midday.
Maybe get there like 10 minutes before it starts and ask how many tickets have been sold.

I mean, on the rare occasion I saw a movie , I would see it after it's been out a week, early afternoon, so that the theater was empty.

I hate packed movies.

Edit: I was thinking about this earlier, WRT Bill and Ted 3. I would like to see it, but not paying 20 bucks to stream it. Plus, my internet sucks so.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

drunkill posted:

uh oh

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1289984306597621760

Just delay it til march or something please. Lets not have 5 different dune versions over the next 2 decades because the studio rushed the edit

kiimo posted:

I see many things. I see fuckups within fuckups

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Ingmar terdman posted:

Wrapping up heretics and it's ending in soup, hypnobongs, and two bene tleilax one on top of another in a trenchcoat

The two-tleilaxu-in-a-coat gambit is, no joke, one of my favorite bits of the whole series, for no other reason than how loving insane it is. Absolute galaxy brain, lads, well done, they'll never see you coming.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Wait, they really did that? In a Frank book or in one of the hack fraud books?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So if I were Villeneuve, I'd seriously start it on Arrakis. Have the opening scene be a Harkonnen ambush on a spice harvester or something like that. Set up the conflict. Show, not tell.

Duncan Idaho, who is doing advance scouting before the rest of the Atreides arrive, dispatches the Harkonnens with his sword and reports back. He flies over the desert, or I dunno, goes on a trip from Arrakis to Caladan. (Think the opening of Blade Runner 2049.) In any case, get the ball rolling quickly and get the Atreides onto the planet sooner.

I'd not even have the Baron show up until the invasion. He needs a big roll-out where the audience goes WTF when they see him.

We don't need to know anything about the CHOAM company or The Spacing Guild. In a way, overly-explaining things is counter-productive because one of Dune's themes is people being manipulated by forces they don't fully understand and cannot control.

An epic, gothic Guild ship needs to be in the movie, but leave some mystery. Spice is crucial to space travel. Without it, the navigators cannot do their work...

Then Hans Zimmer hits the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po10CcXfAn0

Oh and get Dave Bautista to play Rabban.

Posting from page 6 and this blew my mind! I had heard he was in the film, looked it up and yup- dead on casting call there. (is Villeneuve a goon?) AND a Hans Zimmer soundtrack...

Going to start reading the book and I'm looking forward to the new film, from what little I've looked at it has promise and the casting is pretty awesome.

Well back to going through a years-old thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i'd rather have half a good dune than no dune. attitude of the knife and all that

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Posting from page 6 and this blew my mind! I had heard he was in the film, looked it up and yup- dead on casting call there. (is Villeneuve a goon?) AND a Hans Zimmer soundtrack...

Going to start reading the book and I'm looking forward to the new film, from what little I've looked at it has promise and the casting is pretty awesome.

Well back to going through a years-old thread.

As far as wrestlers being actors go, Dave Bautista is imo a much better actor than The Rock. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does in Dune.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

phasmid posted:

Wait, they really did that? In a Frank book or in one of the hack fraud books?

It's real. It's from Heretics when Lucilla and Burzmali are on the run through some town on, iirc, Gammu.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Murray Mantoinette posted:

It's real. It's from Heretics when Lucilla and Burzmali are on the run through some town on, iirc, Gammu.

Ole Frank taking the new ":" key on his typewriter for a spin

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Frank's fascination with the colon is expressed throughout the whole series.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Colon is processed in the thigh pads

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
That first sentence is clearly from a Mad Libs where each blank was an adhective.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Colonswelling

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The two disgusting elf-'men' wanted to go clubbing, but they knew they wouldn't be allowed in, so they tried the old trenchcoat trick. When even that didn't work, they decided to take over the world, of course failing miserably because they're almost as useless as Mentats.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

The two disgusting elf-'men' wanted to go clubbing, but they knew they wouldn't be allowed in, so they tried the old trenchcoat trick. When even that didn't work, they decided to take over the world, of course failing miserably because they're almost as useless as Mentats.
Pictured: TwoTleilaxu Masters:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Yeah sure burzmali, we live in a universe with worm derived lsd and space pussy magic, but shoe lifts and loving stilts are forbidden technology I guess.

That whole exchange makes no loving sense and I love it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Pictured: TwoTleilaxu Masters:

Doesn't quite work since none of them could reasonably be described as 'the Brain'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With it being September next week and there is still no trailer, I am assuming one of two things; either the movie has been super delayed into 2021, or it will be quietly released on digital platforms like what has happened to other films. With the exception of like Mulan though, none of those other movies have been big blockbuster films.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

44 hours or so and I'll live post the trailer.

D U N C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Doesn't quite work since none of them could reasonably be described as 'the Brain'

What do you call the mound shadow hanging when I moon

We call that one Muh'Brain

Can I be known as Hanging Brain

You are Hanging Brain