Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i think... it might be better if the new anime does the first four arcs and saves all of kai for later, instead of ending s1 on chapter 6, cause if you do that you could spread s1 out to 7/7/7/4 for episode distribution for each chapter and that's just like. if you want to do it evenly. four eps for each feels like it's squeezing it way too much for anything but chapter 4
I've read that the new anime will be doing just Onikakushi and Watanagashi for its first cour, which would put it roughly on this schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, nanoha a's is insanely good.

also, i had the insert song on repeat for like 2 weeks after i first seen it, it's so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGgeut14g0

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

shadowverse for the dang win

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Huge if true.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i read through the manga for uta-kata. it didn't give me a lot more interest in watching the anime but i did appreciate that out of the entire cast of depressed teenagers who get tied up in self-hatred and relationship drama one of the main character's friends is just a lesbian who stands around and makes jokes about being gay and nobody really minds. also the resolution to the love triangle stuff between the two other friends kinda ruled

i'd give it a 6... out of 10

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Shirobako prequel manga that only had like 2 chapters translated before just recently had a bulk drop of translated chapters, 3-8 https://mangasee123.com/read-online/Shirobako-Ueyama-Koukou-Animation-Doukoukai-chapter-1-page-1.html

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Good I've been wanting to read more of it for a while

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Maybe not traditional anime, but I’ve binged through the first 3 episodes of a new Chinese animation call Fog Hill (Wushan) of the Five element. The story seems intriguing so far, but the animation style and fight scenes are spectacular.

All episodes are available on YouTube with subs.

https://youtu.be/OQq5zYcsvU0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1hS7PwgRU

i really hope the new higurashi anime has a soundtrack as interesting and varied as the vn's, one thing i've really been missing in the old adaptation is how good the vn soundtrack is at setting a mood. a lot of it is royalty free stuff but like. it's used so well that it's easy to forget that when reading, compared to the anime where i really just remember none of the music at all cause it's so limited in terms of expression

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Maybe not traditional anime, but I’ve binged through the first 3 episodes of a new Chinese animation call Fog Hill (Wushan) of the Five element. The story seems intriguing so far, but the animation style and fight scenes are spectacular.

All episodes are available on YouTube with subs.

https://youtu.be/OQq5zYcsvU0

oh I remember watching a pv for this a while back, it looked pretty neat

e: just finished watching it, neat fights and really gorgeous background art
The little "making of" clip at the end for some of the animation effects and ending drawing was fun also

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 24, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Anyone watching rent a girlfriend? I watched a bit today on a whim. It's pretty funny/good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
there's been some minor discussion of it in the seasonal thread

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

The Colonel posted:

ok i watched another arc and i've transferred from thinking the anime is flawed but has interesting aspects to thinking it's kind of bad. it's uh leaving me feeling very deeply disappointed and empty

like watanagashi isn't my favorite chapter but. the anime version of it was so dull and lifeless i had to look back on the screenshots i took while reading the vn to remind myself that it had personality and wasn't just a series of big scenes rushed through so hard they completely ceased to have anything approaching pacing or impact

I watched Abit when it aired in 2005 and thought it was kinda bad. It was competing with eureka 7 at that time for me though. And noein. And mushishi. And akagi.

Christ 2005 was such a powerhouse year.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mushishi insanely good

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

i read through the manga for uta-kata.
Oh man, for some reason I loved the ED for the anime, even if I just never finished it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tabletops posted:

I watched Abit when it aired in 2005 and thought it was kinda bad. It was competing with eureka 7 at that time for me though. And noein. And mushishi. And akagi.

Christ 2005 was such a powerhouse year.

it definitely does a huge disservice to the source material and compared to any other shows airing at the same time just... isn't very interesting to watch. really sad to think it's what defined a lot of people's memories of higurashi

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I am paying for Crunchy roll dot com to fulfill my anime watching needs. Is this a good solution, or is there a superior method to receiving said anime?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

excellent bird guy posted:

I am paying for Crunchy roll dot com to fulfill my anime watching needs. Is this a good solution, or is there a superior method to receiving said anime?

vrv also includes hidive and is around the same price depending on when you sub and what deals you use and such

also like a bunch of independent cartoons and poo poo? and I think they have boomerang for some reason

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Mushishi insanely good

their new manga is dope too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

everythingWasBees posted:

vrv also includes hidive and is around the same price depending on when you sub and what deals you use and such

also like a bunch of independent cartoons and poo poo? and I think they have boomerang for some reason

They got Boomerang AND Nick Splat, so you have two flavors of 90s/00s nostalgia.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless you live outside the US

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

And frankly, we deserve one nice thing for living in this hellhole.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

excellent bird guy posted:

:filez:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

hifi posted:

their new manga is dope too

oh hsiiiit i gotta check that out

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

better access to anime is the consolation prize we get for not having healthcare worth poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

instead of seeing a doctor for my chronic joint pain i just get high and watch char's counterattack

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

instead of seeing a doctor for my chronic joint pain i just get high and watch char's counterattack

I'm sorry stair but under federal law you still can't get legally high

what you're doing is analogous to piracy or using a VPN

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bees! You're wasting your talents!!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

my only talents are my chronic illness and crippling anxiety

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm not just bitter because the dealer forgot and I'm too socially anxious to follow up

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bees....

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

quote:

Cool. I'll let you know when I get it

almost a month to the day

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BEES....

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'll get around to getting my weed card eventually

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

can you get medical weed just for being sadbrained

e: gently caress yeah

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 24, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aw poo poo gently caress yeah

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I literally just need to remember to bring it up again and somebody at my therapist's office will just get me the card nice and easy

don't even have to pay some random dude a couple hundred bucks for a halfassed diagnosis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

everythingWasBees posted:

almost a month to the day

someday theyll legalize it... someday...