Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ah gee, sorry there Jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
My much less credible theory, based on nothing except the fact that Olivia Chow mentioned in an interview that Layton was watching Return of the Jedi on the day that he died, is that he was watching the original Star Wars trilogy right as the letter was drafted and without realizing it he was riffing on Yoda saying that "Fear leads to anger anger leads to hate hate leads to suffering".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
better than anger, love is

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
blue or red are the doors

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
vote or do not, there is no point

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wtf shopify

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
everyone in politics is basically a cardboard cutout regurgitating the same tired stuff for decades

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

Wtf shopify

Anyone who works at this place, please consider leaking to me.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
so i have a pretty common name and i have lastname.firstname@gmail.com, which means dumbshit idiots with my name are constantly signing up for things with my email address. this morning i got an interesting email:

quote:

Hello <my name>,

Thank you for your inquiry. It will be our pleasure to help you locate a safe, quality, and reliable aircraft.

We have your trip listed as follows:

Round Trip
Leg 1: M44/M44 - CYKF/YKF - Wed - Aug 26, 2020 @ 0800 HRS LT - 1 Pax
Leg 2: CYKF/YKF - M44/M44 - Sun - Aug 30, 2020 @ 1700 HRS LT - 1 Pax

M44/M44 - Houston Municipal Airport - Houston, Mississippi, United States
CYKF/YKF - Kitchener Waterloo Regional Airport - Kitchener, Canada

I see you have not selected an aircraft size at this time. A VLJ or light jet will yield your lowest priced options. Do you prefer a larger aircraft?

Would you be available for a short phone call to discuss your trip needs?

We are a company of lifetime aviation experts helping our clients secure the best value aircraft worldwide.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

seems to me some rich fucker from one of the plague states is planning a trip up to KW this week in a private jet, and based on the dates pretty clearly has no plans to quarantine for 14 days. are they just letting americans in like this?

also a guy who can afford a private jet but also doesn't know his own email address is really confirming a lot of my biases.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

prom candy posted:

so i have a pretty common name and i have lastname.firstname@gmail.com, which means dumbshit idiots with my name are constantly signing up for things with my email address. this morning i got an interesting email:

seems to me some rich fucker from one of the plague states is planning a trip up to KW this week in a private jet, and based on the dates pretty clearly has no plans to quarantine for 14 days. are they just letting americans in like this?

also a guy who can afford a private jet but also doesn't know his own email address is really confirming a lot of my biases.

How do you know hes American and not a Canadian working in the US? there are thousands of Canadians going to and from the States everyday with no real restrictions.

you know his name so if you really want you can snitch on them but the chances of the police doing anything are incredibly low and I imagine even lower for people that are chartering jets: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-notified-of-21-422-cases-where-travellers-to-canada-may-have-broken-quarantine-rules-1.5024380

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
yeah i guess you're right. normally i'm against snitching but snitching on someone who's chartering jets feels different.

i thought you had to quarantine if you came in from abroad, regardless of citizenship.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

prom candy posted:

yeah i guess you're right. normally i'm against snitching but snitching on someone who's chartering jets feels different.

i thought you had to quarantine if you came in from abroad, regardless of citizenship.

oh you do. but as you can see from that article, a lot of people dont because theyre dumb and selfish and nothing really happens to them. 9 tickets out of 21,000 complaints.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Someone give me the skinny on the Tory leadership election. I can not distinguish these white fucks at all

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Will the spectre of anime play a role in this one again?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

littleorv posted:

Will the spectre of anime play a role in this one again?

only if they were too busy watching fansubs to remember to vote, it was all mail in afaik

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

prom candy posted:

Something like three quarters (more?) of the people still crossing the border are quarantine-exempt for misc. reasons.

Edit to include a second hand source:
https://www.healthing.ca/news/more-than-80-of-cross-border-travellers-are-exempt-from-covid-19-quarantine-rules-government-says

Sassafras has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Aug 23, 2020

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
drat I guess I'll just leave it then.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you 'have to' quarantine but there's no enforcement at all. my friend's dad came back from a week in mexico, and less than a week in hosted family from out of town, and then they all went for dinner downtown. he'll probably be back at work next week.

just close the border. no one has to leave canada that badly.

e: he went to Mexico to handle paperwork for the condo they own down there. definitely not essential.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine telling all the snowbirds they have to spend a winter in Canada.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

Imagine telling all the snowbirds they have to spend a winter in Canada.

if they go to florida it will be their final winter

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol when they get sick in the plaguelands they're gonna try and get back across the border to avoid bankruptcy from a roni-stay in a US hospital

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
god they're the ones who are going to force us to open the border aren't they?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dreylad posted:

idk, with how grim that American news is they might get pushed back for the first time

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Dreylad posted:

lol why? they already have what they want. snowbirds can fly freely right now to Florida. the U.S. border restrictions for Canadians only apply to land not air.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
all the sane snowbirds left already when Canada put the US on its list of unsafe countries to visit, because that meant travel insurance no longer covered healthcare in the US

which leaves only the insane ones

so, yes

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Starks posted:

lol why? they already have what they want. snowbirds can fly freely right now to Florida. the U.S. border restrictions for Canadians only apply to land not air.

I did not know that; that's insane!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/michaelcoren/status/1297706157654581250

Someone buy michael coren an account

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
our enemies are manifold and powerful, it is only by the strength of our conviction that we can survive, dear party member

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I turned on the Con Convention for literally 15 seconds and caught a very moist, possibly teary, Andrew Scheer bemoaning that young people haven't lived long enough to see the east german bread lines and thats why they don't like capitalism, saying the cons should make their goal reminding young people how great it is. With what I've been through this year, including not being able to afford to buy groceries from the grocery store I work at due to lack of hours and job losses, I could have reached through that television to tear him apart.

Not to mention getting threatened by chuds while operating an actual bread line...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Virtual Russian posted:

I turned on the Con Convention for literally 15 seconds and caught a very moist, possibly teary, Andrew Scheer bemoaning that young people haven't lived long enough to see the east german bread lines and thats why they don't like capitalism, saying the cons should make their goal reminding young people how great it is. With what I've been through this year, including not being able to afford to buy groceries from the grocery store I work at due to lack of hours and job losses, I could have reached through that television to tear him apart.

Not to mention getting threatened by chuds while operating an actual bread line...

isn't it great, proving capitalism is the best by punishing the young

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

How loving old is Scheer anyways? My man hadn't even hit puberty, if he ever did, when the wall fell. He never saw east german bread lines either. What a loving fraud.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

our boy mayonnaise is 41, so yeah

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

This would be like me talking about knowing Serbia is bad because I watched the Balkans tear themselves apart, a thing that happened when I was a child.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Also you just know that fucker never once stood in line to get groceries.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

O'Toole wins on the 3rd ballot

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Just found out that Erin O'Toole is younger than Justin Trudeau lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Normy posted:

O'Toole wins on the 3rd ballot

dunno what's funnier, that they actually went with o'toole or that peter McKay is a perpetual loser

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

O'Toole?!?

I'm honestly surprised, he in no way represents the direction or energy the party bass is putting out. I really thought McKay would have it this time.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I haven't paid any attention to the CPC leadership race but what's O'Toole's deal? Is he a neocon? Evangelical? Fascist? Anime fan? Tell me his crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I see he is not from Alberta, so I'm looking forward to the Wexit party