Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Phthisis posted:

buncha olds all up in this thread jeez

more like youngpainless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't use them because I don't understand what they all mean. I get that eggplants are penises and peaches are butts or vaginas and the water splash is cum, but outside of that I'm at a loss. I'm afraid I'll send an emoji of like a funny crab after talking about seafood only to find out later that it's been openly claimed by some sort of aquatic sex cult and now my text of "Wanna bury my face in some crab! :funnycrabwithasombreroemoji:" now makes me look like one of those idiots instead of a guy that's genuinely excited about fresh seafood.

close, it means you’re thinking ‘bout that crussy

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

joke's on you they are gonna have minecraft themed sex parties and you're NOT invited

John Murdoch posted:

Joke's on them when I show up as a creeper.

Also dressed as a Creeper from the video game Minecraft.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Blotto_Otter posted:

So in two minutes of googling, I came across a 2019 article describing how Ramesh Bhutada was invited by the Indian Muslims Association of Greater Houston to give a speech on Hindu-Muslim unity, which was apparently met with a standing ovation. Just to be clear, this is the man you're equating to David Duke?

mila kunis posted:

Ramesh Bhutada is a member of the HSS, the international wing of the RSS. I've posted a link above, but feel free to do some more googling about them. They're a fascist organization whose ideology was literally based on the Nazis; they're hindu supremacists that are actively engaged in mob violence, murder, and terrorizing minorities in India. I'd say he's even worse than David Duke, because of the amount of power these people hold right now. Belonging to this organization is indefensible.

They were involved in the anti-muslim pogroms that occurred in Delhi just this year!

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/delhi-riots-rss-vhp-members-accused-murder-rioting-arrested-delhi-police

i say swears online posted:

This symbol? No it has an older meaning, it's a german good luck charm from the 30s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The entire Sagas thread right now is a must read

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is there some kind of context other than "KoalasMarch is a bad poster"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think it's more 'bad mod' than 'bad poster', but apparently she's done something or other since being de-modded as well

e: I still have 1,200 posts of that thread to go through

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

1stGear posted:

Just read the thread and pay attention to any images.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s a must skim

Following too closely might make your eyes bleed

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

1stGear posted:

koalas march was a mod who apparently became a mod by having an alt account relentlessly champion her up and down the forums and also try to convince people to give her money

also she started a fund for minorities who desperately needed financial assistance and then when people put money into it immediately used it to buy a new laptop because she is, herself, a minority and "wanting a new laptop" apparently counts as a life-or-death charity case, and the fact that this didn't immediately get her run off the site will never cease to amaze me

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It doesn't amaze me, as goons are extremely easy to scam. Source: I donated to Doobie

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'I Am My Own Charity' is a hell of a grift.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Outrail posted:

It's pretty standard once you hit millionaire or large corporation level.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
This thread is great for keeping vaguely up on what is going in goonland. I am amazed by the valleys and pits. Not that much tho, LF forever.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Outrail posted:

My I Am My Own Charity shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Donate to my charity in DMs, only if you are cute tho.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Phlegmish posted:

It doesn't amaze me, as goons are extremely easy to scam. Source: I donated to Doobie

You contributed to the most successful Goon project. Hope you didn't have to cancel Christmas for it, though.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

LifeSunDeath posted:

don't judge a book by it's cover, it may be small but it's been involved in countless war-crimes.

Phlegmish posted:

The little tugboat that could (commit war crimes)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Gonna get real angry if the pilot isn't the most rotund man in the navy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

Sorry to disappoint, but he's just a little buoy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Outrail posted:

So rotund when he looks down he can't even see his dinghy.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

also she started a fund for minorities who desperately needed financial assistance and then when people put money into it immediately used it to buy a new laptop because she is, herself, a minority and "wanting a new laptop" apparently counts as a life-or-death charity case, and the fact that this didn't immediately get her run off the site will never cease to amaze me

Does anyone remember the specifics of something I only vaguely remember? A goon asked for some sort of help because it's expensive to keep up with all the equipment you need to be a freelance graphic designer. Somewhere in the ask was that she was a woman of color.
The replies were mostly dismissive jokes, but I remember one being "I got love for my brother, but we can never go nowhere unless we share our photoshop cs3 with each other"

Was that goon KoalasMarch?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vanadium posted:

Did gaming accessibility chat mention https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/ yet? They're a charity that shows up at people's houses to design custom solutions for individual disabled kids' needs, like hacked up controllers or I think even modding games or whatever. I heard a talk they gave a few years ago, it's pretty good stuff.

This is incredibly excellent.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

McGavin posted:

I've read that romance novel.

Oscar Wild posted:

In the end he puts a ring on it.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Still was til we decided to stop giving money to an abuser. All a ban really means in another $10, because if you still post here on 2020, you aren't going anywhere

somethingawful.com. somethingawful.com never changes.

Suzuran posted:

Bent over keyboards, like old men with their walkers,
tired, bored, we cursed through the memes,
Till on the haunting mods we turned our backs
And towards the next thread began to trudge.
Men clicked "Next Page". Many had lost their place
But limped on, eyes bloodshot. All were lame; all faggots;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of disappointed trolls that posted behind.

GASSED! Gassed! Quick, goons! An ecstasy of backspacing,
cancelling posting just in time;
But someone still was replying in all caps
Aimless like a man in fire or lime.
Dim, through the misty style sheet and thick green overlay
As under a green sea, I saw him shitposting.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, cursing, strawmanning, frothing with rage.

If in some smothering dreams you too could read
the Leper Colony that we saw him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick with sin;
If you could hear, in every post, the talking points
Come gargling from his filth-corrupted brain,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
to newbies ardent for some desperate glory,
The Old Lie: Bans are just :tenbux:,
Never stop posting.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sorry to disappoint, but he's just a little buoy.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Eh, it should still work, it's a coin shaped object containing the essence of dinosaurs that can be released as energy.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

StillFullyTerrible posted:

ever notice how it's always white people with the "all anime is bad" takes

hawowanlawow posted:

white people and the Japanese

christmas boots posted:

Worst ska band I’ve ever seen live I tell you what

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

bar88537 posted:

Does anyone remember the specifics of something I only vaguely remember? A goon asked for some sort of help because it's expensive to keep up with all the equipment you need to be a freelance graphic designer. Somewhere in the ask was that she was a woman of color.
The replies were mostly dismissive jokes, but I remember one being "I got love for my brother, but we can never go nowhere unless we share our photoshop cs3 with each other"

Was that goon KoalasMarch?

Yes. That was her.

The quote was:

Skip My Posts posted:

i got love for a brother
but we can never go nowhere unless we share adobe cloud access with eachother

The entire thread is amazing by the way.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Xaintrailles posted:

god drat
I like that it's apparently just hanging out on some moss in the middle of the forest, like finding that in that situation wouldn't be utterly terrifying.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

From another thread:

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Your own,

Personal,

Tugboat,

Reach out and push ships.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Yes. That was her.

The quote was:

The entire thread is amazing by the way.

Am I supposed to see a banner ad of a woman with a coke bottle in her vagina when I go to that thread?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Probably.

FYAD is fully NSFW if anybody's not aware.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

rodbeard posted:

Am I supposed to see a banner ad of a woman with a coke bottle in her vagina when I go to that thread?

Do you seriously still have signatures on

e: oh wait I guess you just got unlucky with the flag up top

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Phlegmish posted:

Do you seriously still have signatures on

No, it’s at the top of the page.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kinda surprises me the flag shows up in awful.app but I’m not going to complain

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only time I got genuinely hornswoggled by the Forums was the one thread where there was supposedly an impartial AI that would order you weird random things off the internet for a really low cost based on an algorithm, but it turned out it was just a dude ripping people off? I didn't give the thing/man my money but I was definitely a booster and thought it was a great idea. Does anybody remember that?

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 07:21 on Aug 26, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The only time I got genuinely hornswoggled by the Forums was the one thread where there was supposedly an impartial AI that would order you weird random things off the internet for a really low cost based on algorithm, but it turned out it was just a dude ripping people off? I didn't give the thing/man my money but I was definitely a booster and thought it was a great idea. Does anybody remember that?

This reminds me of the BoxMystery.com scam of yonks past.

e: screwed up the name of the drat thread after looking straight at it, a shameful literate

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's really just a mystery box scam, but I feel like it was years after that. 2014/15?? Somebody got a cardboard cutout of a train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I'm pretty sure I remember the same thing, the poster got a technical drawing of a train (reasonably sure it was just a printout on office paper), I remember everyone else was mocking them for paying $25 or w/e for the first google image result for steam engine and the poster being like "We I don't know, I kind of like it"