Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Caitlyn is the obvious one. Her base form is intolerably ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ignite Memories posted:

Caitlyn is the obvious one. Her base form is intolerably ugly

Years ago I worked in a bookstore and wrote down all the Arctic Warfare Caitlyn codes from the issues of PC Gamer we got and handed them out in the irc.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

What's some champs that you pick up a skin for them because you don't like the base appearance? Or just that you don't like the base appearance?

Udyr :v:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Jayce has the best base skin because that jacket looks luxurious as gently caress.

Best skin splash was definitely Trollop Lux, which was unfortunately fixed to not look like a 12 year olds art project

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Years ago I worked in a bookstore and wrote down all the Arctic Warfare Caitlyn codes from the issues of PC Gamer we got and handed them out in the irc.

good skin, pity abt the skeleton arms tho

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Im not a huge fan of the base skins for TF, Kat, Karma or Trynd.
Also blood moon elise is superior to base skin elise in every way, change my mind.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Remember when they redid TFs entire art and model and inexplicably made him bigger than every other humanoid champ in the game, then went “whoops our bad” and rescaled him to be smaller than Annie before finally fixing him to look like an adult sized human. Can’t wait for that to somehow happen in the Mundo rework (which I am really looking forward to)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They've come for so many of my champs and now they come for Mundo is next, I'm not looking forward to him having seventeen minutes of wacky dialogue or them changing the already perfect Corporate Mundo voice lines

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the most hosed up thing is that TF is Phreak

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Drone_Fragger posted:

Remember when they redid TFs entire art and model and inexplicably made him bigger than every other humanoid champ in the game, then went “whoops our bad” and rescaled him to be smaller than Annie before finally fixing him to look like an adult sized human. Can’t wait for that to somehow happen in the Mundo rework (which I am really looking forward to)

twisted fate being shorter than annie is canon

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
annie is like 8 feet tall. tibbers is the size of a 2-story house

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well she is like a thousand years old.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Servaetes posted:

They've come for so many of my champs and now they come for Mundo is next, I'm not looking forward to him having seventeen minutes of wacky dialogue or them changing the already perfect Corporate Mundo voice lines

Corporate Mundo is going to go become cyberpunk corpo because Cyberpunk 2077 is so popular and all of his voice lines are going to be replaced with selfish idiot lines :(

Rygar201 posted:

Cassiopeia has never had a skin even close to as good as her base skin, imo

Cass has a ton of good skins; her problem is not that her skins are bad but that her base art is really really good. Also Spirit Blossom is amazing.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've always found Urgot to be one of the characters where the default skin is best. There aren't a ton like that but there are a handful.

Monsters and robots are objectively the coolest characters but unfortunately they don't pay the bills.

I mean, old Crabgot was the best skin league ever had. Butcher Urgot isn't much of a skin, but you throw chainsaws and that definitely beats the base artwork by itself.

Hell Cowboy Urgot is 100% better than his base in every way. Cosplay Urgot is great because it legitimately tilts people who love Star Guardian events. You personally may not like their aesthetics for whatever reason, but there isn't really an argument for base being better.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

riot games is going to make a flappy bird clone but with xayah instead btw. i have this on good authority.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TheAnomaly posted:

Hell Cowboy Urgot is 100% better than his base in every way. Cosplay Urgot is great because it legitimately tilts people who love Star Guardian events. You personally may not like their aesthetics for whatever reason, but there isn't really an argument for base being better.

It looks cooler than all those skins would be the argument.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

riot games is going to make a flappy bird clone but with xayah instead btw. i have this on good authority.
You're confusing Riot with Blizzard, who just implemented a Flappy Bird minigame into the new expansion 7 years after it was relevant.

I get it, they're both owned by China and all.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Looking back at release schedules, almost every champ from 2015 up to current have solid base appearances. Stuff like Kayn, Ivern, Ekko, Aphelios, Pyke, Sett, Senna and Tahm Kench all look really good as is. If I had to pick, Tahm and Ivern in particular have had a couple of skins come out but I still prefer their base looks.

Speaking of, Riot Blaustoise actually has an interesting talk where he goes into character visual appeal and what they've learned over the years at Riot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

pog boyfriend posted:

Warframe already did this with Zephyr.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am constantly baffled that people bother calling/discussing lane positions in bot games

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I've seen that too - a couple guys discussing the bot game with all the seriousness of people gearing up for a 40 man WOW raid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

You're confusing Riot with Blizzard, who just implemented a Flappy Bird minigame into the new expansion 7 years after it was relevant.

I get it, they're both owned by China and all.

just like these forums are, actually

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

There are genuinely people who have like 2500 hours in league and never played a human opponent.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And they’re probably better people for it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no the bot game only weirdos are terrible and scream at each other over "ksing" they're absolutely awful

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

As opposed to the PvP players who do the same but are more deluded to think they’re master level.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://soundcloud.com/seradotwav/popstars

riot's secret vtuber is starting to converge directly into league which im assuming means a reveal sometime soon.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

As opposed to the PvP players who do the same but are more deluded to think they’re master level.

wait is this for real. do we actually have someone out here caping for bot game drama queens

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jerkface posted:

https://soundcloud.com/seradotwav/popstars

riot's secret vtuber is starting to converge directly into league which im assuming means a reveal sometime soon.

The Seraphine teaser account is one of the best things Riot has done! She might have stinger appearance at the end of the K/DA video next week (if it's not just a song) but I'm kind of expecting them to wait until Worlds to reveal her.

I think the next patch is the week after next? Which means there should be a new PBE build in September with the second set of Psy-ops skins (Kayle, Pyke, Viktor, Volibear, Zed) and (hopefully) Samira, the DMC champ.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Question, why does anyone pick Master Yi without banning Rammus? I've started using him as my counterpick for Yi, Yasuo and Yone and for Yi in particular it seems like there's absolutely nothing they can do if I just taunt them and press W to watch them murder themselves on my shell.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Can someon explain the Seraphine thing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Stormgale posted:

Riot's using KDA to promote a new champion and acting/treating it as some viral aspiring singer :shrug:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Stormgale posted:

Riot is ramping up prerelease hype for a champion that is supposed to be musical in nature. So far she has a Twitter SoundCloud and Instagram with pictures where she is drawn into real photos in a very riot art style. No info on kit yet.

Champ will come after Samira which is the devil may cry shurima ADC that has some sort of style combo system.

Most likely will get teased as part of the new KDA single that is being revealed this week.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Champ will come after Samira which is the devil may cry shurima ADC that has some sort of style combo system.

As a Fiora Main I like this.

(combos are cool)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Jerkface posted:

Riot is ramping up prerelease hype for a champion that is supposed to be musical in nature. So far she has a Twitter SoundCloud and Instagram with pictures where she is drawn into real photos in a very riot art style. No info on kit yet.

Most likely will get teased as part of the new KDA single that is being revealed this week.

I'm pretty sure Seraphine is going to straight up be KDA Samira's stage name to be honest.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Definitely getting a Lillia Yone vibe if they do end up as separate characters though. Samira is going to be completely overshadowed by the music champion in that case.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Actually on further thought Seraphine might be the new “sensational” mage they mentioned was coming this year. But don’t take her hype being KDA/Music based to mean she’s going to actually be a musical character. Yone was revealed using Spirit Blossom themed stuff but his actual skin isn’t as aligned to it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Seraphine was leaked by the same Brazilian streamer who leaked Yone/Lilia/Samira and she was said to be a 'musical midlane mage', it's core to her kit whether she's in LA or Targon(?)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do they still do those goofy minor passives like give characters with sunglasses plus one armor against Leona? Never hear about them anymore.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Do they still do those goofy minor passives like give characters with sunglasses plus one armor against Leona? Never hear about them anymore.

I vaguely remember hearing that they took them all out when competitive started taking off, but not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

it was even less impactful than that, they took 1 less damage from her passive procs lol