Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I have a magic butt plug that makes transphobia show up in the auras around you, $300 and you'll need your own jo crystal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

T-man posted:

I have a magic butt plug that makes transphobia show up in the auras around you, $300 and you'll need your own jo crystal

Ok, so its just a normal butt plug?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Surprised the landloard didn't try to change the tenant extra for all the mold they so thoughtfully provided them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dr_rat posted:

Surprised the landloard didn't try to change the tenant extra for all the mold they so thoughtfully provided them.

once you get to a certain amount I think it counts as an additional tenant, so cough up the $$$

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Len posted:

It's fine, i have it on good authority that "This isn't anything to be concerned about and every college student thinks it's stupid"

Also new company email!

lmao guerentee that this person knew that the numbers would go down because of the summer heat

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

lmao guerentee that this person knew that the numbers would go down because of the summer heat

Probably, the guy has also made multiple comments about how once this is over people are going to have quarantine beards the majority of our company is still going in every day and very few people are working from home

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I wanted to fact check this a bit so I found the original article and holy poo poo am I glad I did.

Does anyone see something a little odd here?

quote:

1. CAVALCANTE WAS GIVEN CPR BUT COULDN’T BE SAVED.It’s incredibly sad that he passed away, and while it’s true that transporting him outside of the store wouldn’t have brought him back, it would have least provided him and his family with more dignity than to leave him in the middle of the supermarket behind cases of beer and sun umbrellas.

2. CUSTOMERS THANKFULLY HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON.Many just assumed employees were in the midst of setting up a new display or that perhaps the boxes were containing something that had spilled or broken. It’s probably better they didn’t know that there was a dead body under there. However, a few people did catch on.

3. SPONSORED: THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…

4. PHOTOS OF THE SCENE WERE SPREAD ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA.People were angry at the way Carrefour and its employees had dealt with the situation and the way they’d treated Cavalcante, with one person writing, “An employee dies at a Carrefour in Brazil. The store just covered the body with umbrellas and boxes so they could stay open while they wait for someone to take him away. This is capitalism.” Another added, “A worker died in a Carrefour supermarket in Recife, which covered up his body to remain open. Welcome to Brazil in the year 2020.”

5. CARREFOUR HAS SINCE ISSUED AN APOLOGY.While nothing can erase the way they handled the situation, Carrefour has apologized. “The company made a mistake by not closing the store immediately after what happened, as well did not find the correct way to protect Mr Moses’ body,” they wrote. “We reinforce that as soon as the sales prooter started to feel sick, we did the first aid and we activated SAMU, following all protocols for performing relief quickly. After the death, we followed the instruction not to remove the body from the place.” They promised that in future, they would close stores if something like this happened.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

bike tory posted:

I wanted to fact check this a bit so I found the original article and holy poo poo am I glad I did.

Dear god.

It's recursive capitalism.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
it sure is tragic how his death was given no dignity or space from the relentless drive of profit. if you're going through tough times, you should consider an online counselling session with therapy.com. they've helped me through some really tough times, and if you sign up now, you get three free sessions. it seems like nothing is sacred now and there's no room for anything but the market to breath.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

there was that construction collapse in New Orleans where they threw a tarp over a dead body for a few months, too. only got discovered when the tarp blew away in the wind

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hodgepodge posted:

it sure is tragic how his death was given no dignity or space from the relentless drive of profit. if you're going through tough times, you should consider an online counselling session with therapy.com. they've helped me through some really tough times, and if you sign up now, you get three free sessions. it seems like nothing is sacred now and there's no room for anything but the market to breath.

I tried this once but all I got was fifty thousand gems on Raiders: Shadow Legend, the game with 6.9 million heroes across 420 factions

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Len posted:

Probably, the guy has also made multiple comments about how once this is over people are going to have quarantine beards the majority of our company is still going in every day and very few people are working from home

lol if you allow mask-defeating facial upon your countenance

e: I meant to type “facial hair”, but that’s serendipity and I’m leaving it.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 15:26 on Aug 24, 2020

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

there was that construction collapse in New Orleans where they threw a tarp over a dead body for a few months, too. only got discovered when the tarp blew away in the wind

I just went to check in on this because I hadn't seen a thing about the body being retrieved but turns out it was finally recovered like two loving weeks ago. It was there for nearly a year.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Oof.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It's gotta be just like, some kind of air filter right, it's not just... cans of compressed air...

Oh god dammit.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I assume some enterprising silicon valley rear end in a top hat watched Spaceballs recently.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Shipping for worldwide orders is only $24.99. Get yours first today!

Package of five- 8 Liters of Banff Air, Provides up to 160 Breaths Of Fresh Banff Air per bottle.

Shipping only $9.90 flat within North America. No matter how many bottles you order

Thirty five loving dollars for 5 cans of 8 liters of compressed air. Great.

quote:

Our 8L bottle with two in one face mask bottle is filled with the crisp mountain air Banff National Park in Canada.

Guaranteed purity & freshness with our high grade single piece bottle

It comes from Canada but all these listings say "NOT FOR SALE IN CANADA", I wonder why that is

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

bike tory posted:

sales prooter

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

It comes from Canada but all these listings say "NOT FOR SALE IN CANADA", I wonder why that is

the canadian government puts fluoride in the air so they don't want you breathing yours from a can

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh good they have a video where they confuse people on the street with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNSQ6GnSYjA

I like how everyone's reaction is just kinda "uhh... it's good I guess??"

Also if a man stops you on the street and asks if you want to "try our air" I think the correct response is to run.

e: Also some of those people are clearly already on a mountain why do they need a can of mountain air??

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

In a just world anyone with an idea like this would be automatically sent to a reeducation camp.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWqoe0cFV0

How they bottle it is apparently a "trade secret" and utterly confuses the Washington Post. "I don't understand how they... trap the air...?"

Buddy it's called an air compressor, you can get one at home depot for like $100

e: lmao the one dude going "yep that's air, yeah that's certainly air" *nods knowingly*

I've seen air before and this is, indeed, air.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

Buddy it's called an air compressor, you can get one at home depot for like $100

But if you are running a scam like this you probably got one for $39 at harbor freight

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also note that that last video was on their youtube account, so they saw Washington Post doing this befuddled review that concludes with basically "uhh it's air in a can, it's expensive and I don't really get the point" and went "hell yeah that's what we want our brand associated with"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

See if they were smart they'd sell specialty air.

Want to know what it smells like to be in the middle of a wildfire? We got an air for that. Wanna jerk off to pictures of Elon Musk while breathing air from the space station that kinda smells vaguely gross because it's been up there for 20+ years now? Sure. Gamer girl house air that we secretly collected when she wasn't home? You better believe it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Shame Boy posted:

Want to know what it smells like to be in the middle of a wildfire? We got an air for that. Wanna jerk off to pictures of Elon Musk while breathing air from the space station that kinda smells vaguely gross because it's been up there for 20+ years now? Sure. Gamer girl house air that we secretly collected when she wasn't home? You better believe it.

That's when the VC money stops coming in and you need a new gimmick. You can't rush these things.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Honestly I've smelled a module that came back from the space station that they just have sitting in a corner of one of the hangars at the space center and judging by that everything up there really does have a weird smell. I bet nerds would pay a lot of money to smell that weird smell. Who wants to invest in my startup, I project 20 billion valuation within 6 months.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

what kind of pathetic loser would buy a bottle of gamer girl air that she didn't even breathe into directly smdh

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

You only posted the shipping cost. The cost of one canister is $32 $25, five pack $159.99 $130. Plus shipping. Gotta grift hard.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

You only posted the shipping cost. The cost of one canister is $32 $25, five pack $159.99 $130. Plus shipping. Gotta grift hard.

Oh it lists shipping twice, okay :confused:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

Honestly I've smelled a module that came back from the space station that they just have sitting in a corner of one of the hangars at the space center and judging by that everything up there really does have a weird smell. I bet nerds would pay a lot of money to smell that weird smell. Who wants to invest in my startup, I project 20 billion valuation within 6 months.

I don't have any money but would you take a half eaten Tim Tam?

e: Too slow, would you take a pre-digested Tim Tam?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i would probably have bought that air in a can back when i was in india tbh, couldn’t breathe for the pollution

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Also note that that last video was on their youtube account, so they saw Washington Post doing this befuddled review that concludes with basically "uhh it's air in a can, it's expensive and I don't really get the point" and went "hell yeah that's what we want our brand associated with"

i'm going to take a wild guess that the actual customer is vc money

i mean i assume young rich kids are assholes because they're rich, but that they know exactly what they're doing and it's scamming people who actively want to direct huge tidal flows up money into their pockets

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm going to take a wild guess that the actual customer is vc money

i mean i assume young rich kids are assholes because they're rich, but that they know exactly what they're doing and it's scamming people who actively want to direct huge tidal flows up money into their pockets

Judging by that one video having Chinese subtitles I think the market is "people living in hell smog" like:

Jel Shaker posted:

i would probably have bought that air in a can back when i was in india tbh, couldn't breathe for the pollution

I mean VC as well of course, but yeah. We've polluted some parts of the world so bad that people are willing to buy cans of not-toxic air just to remember what not-toxic air is like now and again, as a treat.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
High altitude ski towns already have this scam.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

astronauts say that smelling a surface recently exposed to the vacuum has a distinctly burnt, gunpowdery, hot metal smell

there's a buncha weird effects that the vacuum has on the airlock materials which could be responsible, like vacuum cementing/cold welding particulates and causing outgassing of trace elements in addition to the temperature extremes of space

iirc chris hadfield says it smells like burnt steak

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Makes sense considering all the giant uncontrolled fires all over the loving place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
its the combined smell of livestock poo poo and burning oil smoke.