Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Kalli posted:

I really want to know what the knight licking the candy cane's name is. He's right at the front of the closet, so you know they had a ripping name for him.

probably some variation on sir licksalot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You guys are forgetting about Nanerpuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEamUEkjP0o

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Bagpuss is where it's at.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

I really want to know what the knight licking the candy cane's name is. He's right at the front of the closet, so you know they had a ripping name for him.

Tin Cane comes to mind.

Edit: Or Candy Can, to go with the alliteration theme.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Aug 11, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

evilmiera posted:

Tin Cane comes to mind.

Edit: Or Candy Can, to go with the alliteration theme.

Candy Cain, though I guess if it audio only it doesn't really work.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #1: Alright people let's do this one last time. 11-year-old Penelope Parker has been bitten by a radioactive spider!

snip a few scenes and Penny has just saved her very first life (Flash Thompson).

I really want a sequel/spin-off to explain why Uncle Ben has a lucha mask

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Verse #1: Alright people let's do this one last time. 11-year-old Penelope Parker has been bitten by a radioactive spider!

snip a few scenes and Penny has just saved her very first life (Flash Thompson).

My daughter just turned 1 yesterday and holy poo poo this got me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's kind of dark considering Spider-Verse, if I'm not misremembering, is all about multiversal vampires killing all the spider people.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gologle posted:

That's kind of dark considering Spider-Verse, if I'm not misremembering, is all about multiversal vampires killing all the spider people.

From what I remember she doesn't appear in the main story, so she's safe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

From what I remember she doesn't appear in the main story, so she's safe

Wasn't the point of Spiderverse that the ones who appeared in the main story were the only survivors, aside from Newspaper Spider-Man who was sealed away special?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't the point of Spiderverse that the ones who appeared in the main story were the only survivors, aside from Newspaper Spider-Man who was sealed away special?

Nah the Marvel multiverse is near infinitely large, not to mention most universes have multiple versions existing in it, so there's still probably versions of the guys who died running around anyways(and that's not even going into the fact that they probably got reset off Screen at some point due to some random cosmic event anyways)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I mean, Spider-Verse happened before Secret Wars.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
(BTW, I loving hate Spider-Verse (the comic event, not the movie, the movie was fun))

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, there were plenty of spiders that didn't die and didn't appear in the main story.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goons: "Awww Spider-Girl is so cwute~"
Also Goons: "I need to know if Spider-Girl was canonically murdered"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It comes up every time Spiderverse is discussed: The main event book was not good, but a lot of the tie ins were really quite good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Goons lust for Spiderperson death.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I've seen the bit before and "Batman" still made me laugh.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

I too need to know about Uncle Ben's Lucha mask. Did he get stuck in Tijuana and make a bad bet and to save his friends life he had to wrestle the Blue Demon? Why did he have a spider themed mask? What was his name?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Well, you see, a long time ago Uncle Ben and his brother were in Mexico with Hellboy fighting vampires...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In this spider-verse, Uncle Ben is Bonesaw, clearly.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Bensaw.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Man, it sucked so bad that Mayday Parker (the Spider-Girl who had her own book for 100+ issues) got her dad offed and her brother turned into a MacGuffin in Spider-Verse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's as if anything written by Dan Slott is not touching or inspiring in any way.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, that's being snippy for no good reason, so here's some proper content.

It's been a year since the finale of the Walking Dead comic and the ending still comes to mind occasionally, so I'd like to post about it.

First, some context. The penultimate issue wasn't presented as such. In fact, it ends with this page:

Rick Grimes (the protagonist) had just been killed by some brat and his son breaks down and we are to suspect he would go deep into depression. In fact, about four or five more issues were seemingly solicited with the covers implying this scenario.

Except, it was a fake out! The next issue was the final one and it's in a completely different tone from what was seemingly planned. There's a time skip of about 20 years and the world is a very different place.

Carl went on living, married, had a precious daughter. Civilization is rebuilding. In fact, this 80 pages monster of an issue is mostly spent dealing with the aftermath of property laws.

Still, there's some room for contemplation here and there.

It's all about the peace that was built at such a large cost.

The final ten pages or so are Carl narrating a bedtime story to his daughter.

She isn't impressed, obviously. No child who didn't live through any of that would, of course.

Still, this is a happy ending to a gruesome saga. All because someone was strong enough to do what was right.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I didn't always like The Walking Dead but I kept reading it because I had friends who didn't read any other comics and they liked to talk to me about it. I thought the last issue, though, was really, really beautiful.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

From the Untold Tales of Chex Quest Anthology, available now in print and digitally, both for free.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Somberbrero posted:

From the Untold Tales of Chex Quest Anthology

Oh my god.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ariong posted:

Oh my god.

Which is probably because they just released a new remake of Chex Quest, and much like the original it's free

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Me too Hulk

Me too :unsmith:

From the funny panels thread.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I feel this scene from the latest Batman issue belongs here and in the Badass thread. The setup:
The Joker managed to get ahold of the Wayne fortune, and along with it, all of batmans vast array of toys and vehicles, and is using it to terrorize the city. The Batfamily has been driven away by Bruce due to his guilt of letting Alfred die, Batman is being put through a gauntlet, Lucius Fox is down, and he got poisoned with some toxin created by Jokers new henchgirl, Punchline.

Harley Quinn managed to get him to a safehouse used by her and Ivy and gave him something to flush out the toxins. The drawback is that he's now out cold , Punchline found the save haven and is now trying to kill both Harley and Batman, and Batman is hallucinating.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I guess you could say it's Batman's Shameful Secret

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"How'd you do that with your cape?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

"How'd you do that with your cape?"

If you don't think Batman has a bunch of lights in his suit to spell out messages I don't know what to say.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Push El Burrito posted:

If you don't think Batman has a bunch of lights in his suit to spell out messages I don't know what to say.

I think he says they're both anti-vampire measures and for occasional use as strobelights in combat to disorient criminals and nobody EVER believes him one bit

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Honestly the better story is that of Bruce sitting alone and pouting that nobody ever gives him sufficient reason to bust out his Liberace cloak

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Honestly the better story is that of Bruce sitting alone and pouting that nobody ever gives him sufficient reason to bust out his Liberace cloak

Only when he fights fingers and Harry

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Marvel Zombies Resurrection #1: Typical zombie apocalypse, Spider-Man and a ragtag group of super-folk find a bunch of human survivors in the X-Mansion.

(since I know this is coming I will tackle the obvious questions: this is a different Marvel Zombies universe where Spider-Man is not a zombie and it has no connection to all the prior Marvel Zombies' stuff)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah ok but he's still super loving doomed right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gnome de plume posted:

Yeah ok but he's still super loving doomed right

It's Spider-Man in a What if, so...