Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you vote for in 2020?
This poll is closed.
Biden 425 18.06%
Trump 105 4.46%
whoever the Green Party runs 307 13.05%
GOOGLE RON PAUL 151 6.42%
Bernie Sanders 346 14.70%
Stalin 246 10.45%
Satan 300 12.75%
Nobody 202 8.58%
Jess Scarane 110 4.67%
mystery man Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party 61 2.59%
Dick Nixon 100 4.25%
Total: 2089 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mellow Seas posted:

Stop with the loving gaslighting. It’s cool and good that you don’t want Trump to win, but there are posters who want him to win and their open and unmistakable glee at any polling evidence that Biden might be doubt anything but dominating is extremely visible. I’m not going to name names or go through and helldump over it but they’re here, and they’re not subtle, please stop telling people they don’t exist.

I can't stop something that isn't happening.

I laugh when something bad happens to the dems because I hate the dems, and it's fun when bad things happen to people you hate. That's it, that's the entire thing. It's pretty safe to say that the same goes for the rest of NoJoe crew. Doesn't mean that any of us would be happy if Trump won, he's a terrible person and the people who support him are even worse than the neoliberals that forced Joe through the primary, but if Trump somehow wins we'd laugh about it the same way we could laugh at Hilldawg eating poo poo - it's just inherently funny when things blow up in the face of loathsome people.

i guess there's probably some maga dipshits around who are legit hoping that Daddy will win and save them from the libs and minorities but who the gently caress cares about what diehard magas think, they're barely sentient

also Biden's winning this anyways, as I already said and as you seem to agree, so why loving care about people mocking the dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mellow Seas posted:

And if they were capable of pointing to a cross tab like that without their sweaty, heavy breathing betraying how furiously they’re masturbating at the impending ownage the loving libs are gonna get they probably wouldn’t get so much pushback.

I hate you all so loving much

I thought gross personal attacks were probatable in this thread?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Biden doing badly in polling, especially after the convention, is "good" to see in the sense that it affirms that it's a very bad idea for the democrats to tack right as hard and as fast as possible

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

I say that people want Trump to win when they give extremely positive reactions to poll results that indicate that Trump might win.

As has been discussed, we want to see Biden suffer for embracing war criminals, not necessarily lose.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Trabisnikof posted:

I thought gross personal attacks were probatable in this thread?

Generally only for posters the mods dislike.

But don't worry, they might line up a reluctant sixer now that a couple people have complained about it. Or they'll wait it out given the unofficial policy that all discussions are to be considered memory-holed after two days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

I don’t do that. Some people do that, and it’s stupid, but I don’t. You’re thinking of other posters. I say that people want Trump to win when they give extremely positive reactions to poll results that indicate that Trump might win.

Do people seriously not see this? I know I’m crazy but I’m not that crazy.

You are, at this point, vagueposting about specific posters in a different thread, in such a way that it seems deliberately phrased so as to rile up posters in this thread.

The part that I've bolded is the bit where you're getting the wrong end of this stick. No, no-one who posts here would actually be happy about Trump winning. Folks who also do not want Biden to win might actually just be happy that Biden has suffered a setback.

Those folks do not necessarily want Trump to win, and suggesting that they do is buying into an oversimplified binary team-sport system.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I don't think the Democratic party is shifting to the right. It's just abandoned a lot of the "feel good" rhetoric to unambiguously reinforce it's point that it is a right-wing Reagan style party and will not tolerate any kind of leftist activism what so ever.

The entire point has been to demoralize and shut down the left because they think that their support will come from suburbanites and tech-bros looking to preserve their economic interests. I mean heck I sometimes I wonder if the proletariat isn't just a GOP constituency at this point given how well they play them with racism and appeals to working class voters are long lost.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Mellow Seas posted:

I don’t do that. Some people do that, and it’s stupid, but I don’t. You’re thinking of other posters. I say that people want Trump to win when they give extremely positive reactions to poll results that indicate that Trump might win.

Do people seriously not see this? I know I’m crazy but I’m not that crazy.

Can we stop with the self-flagellation? Look man, I have maybe a dozen posts in this entire topic, but I'll step up and be the punching bag you clearly want: In my opinion, the political future of America looks more optimistic if the right-wing of the democratic party loses this election. That's because Biden's apparent strategy is to abandon every last pretense of supporting progressive causes. If voters don't reject that, then our two party system devolves into a wrestling match between a far right-wing party and a fascist party. The clearest sign of that rejection would be a Biden loss.

Now, obviously no sane human wants Trump to be president. He's a monster. The guy should be locked up forever. The problem is that Biden is also a monster, he's just a different kind of monster. He's better in some ways and worse in others. My expectation is that a Biden presidency would result in limited short-term improvement in some areas, while overall making things worse: the child concentration camps will stay open, we'll probably be hit with bipartisan austerity measures, the police state will be expanded, the private prison industry will continue to thrive, and we'll probably end up at war with Iran or directly intervening against Maduro.

If I had a magic window into the future, maybe I would think differently. But ceding more and more ground to the neolibs and outright police state fascists in the only major US party that's nominally left-wing sure as hell hasn't gotten us any results worth bragging about over the past three decades.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Verus posted:

Can we stop with the self-flagellation? Look man, I have maybe a dozen posts in this entire topic, but I'll step up and be the punching bag you clearly want: In my opinion, the political future of America looks more optimistic if the right-wing of the democratic party loses this election. That's because Biden's apparent strategy is to abandon every last pretense of supporting progressive causes. If voters don't reject that, then our two party system devolves into a wrestling match between a far right-wing party and a fascist party. The clearest sign of that rejection would be a Biden loss.

Now, obviously no sane human wants Trump to be president. He's a monster. The guy should be locked up forever. The problem is that Biden is also a monster, he's just a different kind of monster. He's better in some ways and worse in others. My expectation is that a Biden presidency would result in limited short-term improvement in some areas, while overall making things worse: the child concentration camps will stay open, we'll probably be hit with bipartisan austerity measures, the police state will be expanded, the private prison industry will continue to thrive, and we'll probably end up at war with Iran or directly intervening against Maduro.

If I had a magic window into the future, maybe I would think differently. But ceding more and more ground to the neolibs and outright police state fascists in the only major US party that's nominally left-wing sure as hell hasn't gotten us any results worth bragging about over the past three decades.

Thank you for being upfront about this. Paradoxically it has made me like you a little bit more :v:

I mean, by this standard, I don’t “want” Biden to be President either. But we all know, if we’re being honest, that one of those monster-men is going to win on November 3 (or that week, whatever). My preferred outcome is that the conservative Democrat wins, and I hope that he’s held to account by the better parts of the party and that the better part of the party continues to outgrow and outlast the conservative status quo boomers who have run it for the last forty years.

I thought I made it clear that nobody (outside of a few people who have wandered in from other subforums and seem like obvious trolls) actually supports Trump or the MAGA agenda. When I say they want Trump to win, all I have ever meant is that “their preferred outcome on November 3 is a Trump victory”, not that Trump is their ideal president or whatever. And I understand your reasoning. But I really, really want him to lose, and I’m not my best self right now, and I’m a bit angry about it. Probably won’t be the last time over the next ten weeks.

ProtoFrasier
Aug 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna be cool on November 4th when politics is fixed forever

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Would you say that the best not-unlikely outcome be for there to be widespread vocal disappointment about the idea of Biden winning then for him to be the winner by a slim margin? I feel like encouraging people to stop contributing to the former is counterproductive to that end.

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

G1mby posted:

Regarding this point, I think you might have slightly misunderstood what "weighting polls for education" means.

So the idea of polling is that you can estimate the behavior of a sample of a population from a sample of it. Let's say our population is one million and our sample is one thousand.

Lets say I do a poll and I find Trump is beating Biden by five points. I look across the demographic information I've gathered and find that this is true across all communities, so it doesn't matter what part of the population I sample, it'll still give the same results.

Let's say instead that I find that there's a strong correlation with some demographic information - I find that Binden is winning with black voters and losing with whites. I also find that my sample is 90% white people and 10% black, whereas the state is actually 70% white and 30% black. So my sample does not represent the population - I can either toss it out or I can reweight it so it more closely approximates the actual state population. Doing so, I find a different result and now Binden would win if the state votes in line with it's overall demographics.

Looking at my results again maybe I find that amongst black voters, Binden wins with college eduacated voters and non college educated voters by about the same amount, so I can assume these groups are the same. But maybe I find that Trump is winning non-college educated white voters and Binden wins college educated white voters. I then find that my sample is 50% college educated, while the state has only 30%. So again, my sample isn't representative. Again, I either toss it or reweight it so it more closely approximates the actual population. Maybe now I find that after doing this that despite undercounting black voters, I was also undercounting white, non-college educated voters, so now I think Trump would win if the state votes more in line with it's actual demographics.

One issue in 2016 polling was that this generally wasn't done - so whites were lumped together when they shouldn't have been, and college educated voters were oversampled. So the polls were off (at least partially) because they weren't looking at samples that represented the population.

So the "weighting by education" isn't saying that educated voters votes are worth more, rather that the pollsters hosed up and got their samples wrong before. Whether they are right this time is left to an exercise for the reader, but it's a fairly standard polling technique.

The rest of your concerns may well be spot on, but this one at least I hope I've shown you you don't need to worry about over much.

This is a good effort post that explains poll re-weighting well, at least in principle. In my experience, the process is incredibly open to abuse, though, so should generally be rigorously checked (e.g. really small, single digit, samples being expanded out to cover a wider demographic set, without accounting for the quadratic increase in variance that would cause to the reweighted number).

ProtoFrasier
Aug 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ruzihm posted:

Would you say that the best not-unlikely outcome be for there to be widespread vocal disappointment about the idea of Biden winning then for him to be the winner by a slim margin? I feel like encouraging people to stop contributing to the former is counterproductive to that end.

The best outcome would be for Hawkins to get >5% and Dems to win both houses. Probably pretty unlikely...unless people vote for him

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mellow Seas posted:

Thank you for being upfront about this. Paradoxically it has made me like you a little bit more :v:

I mean, by this standard, I don’t “want” Biden to be President either. But we all know, if we’re being honest, that one of those monster-men is going to win on November 3 (or that week, whatever). My preferred outcome is that the conservative Democrat wins, and I hope that he’s held to account by the better parts of the party and that the better part of the party continues to outgrow and outlast the conservative status quo boomers who have run it for the last forty years.

I thought I made it clear that nobody (outside of a few people who have wandered in from other subforums and seem like obvious trolls) actually supports Trump or the MAGA agenda. When I say they want Trump to win, all I have ever meant is that “their preferred outcome on November 3 is a Trump victory”, not that Trump is their ideal president or whatever. And I understand your reasoning. But I really, really want him to lose, and I’m not my best self right now, and I’m a bit angry about it. Probably won’t be the last time over the next ten weeks.

You're doing it again, man. People - Somfin's eternally patient posts, for example - are very specifically pointing out that they don't want Trump to win, they just think that Biden should suffer setbacks for his various crimes. And yet you're conflating the two: wanting the Biden campaign to experience bad things is explicitly cast in this post as "their preferred outcome on November 3 is a Trump victory," despite the very obvious fact that those are not the same thing. If you applied this logic to yourself you'd cast yourself as wanting Trump to win!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

When I say they want Trump to win, all I have ever meant is that “their preferred outcome on November 3 is a Trump victory”, not that Trump is their ideal president or whatever.

This is a really important bit of nuance that your initial posts didn't have and it's good to see. It's still not correct for a lot of folks in this thread, but it's important.

There was a twitter thread a while ago about why Godzilla movies are so popular stateside; I think it came up during the Epic vs. Apple lawsuit, but it applies here too; a lot of people in the US resonate very hard with movies where the morality boils down to "we have to hope that the monster that doesn't care about people and only shows up occasionally to destroy most of our cities, successfully drives off the monster that destroys fewer of our cities but hates humanity and might set up shop here forever, and there's no real hope outside of those two options."

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Mellow Seas posted:

So you want the conservative, but not the conservative. Got it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ProtoFrasier posted:

The best outcome would be for Hawkins to get >5% and Dems to win both houses. Probably pretty unlikely...unless people vote for him

heck, that sounds pretty good

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Biden doing badly in polling, especially after the convention, is "good" to see in the sense that it affirms that it's a very bad idea for the democrats to tack right as hard and as fast as possible

I guess you could say it's technically true in that I want Trump to win, in that I want the Biden campaign's tactic of tacking hard right to cause him to lose.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

World War Mammories posted:

You're doing it again, man. People - Somfin's eternally patient posts, for example - are very specifically pointing out that they don't want Trump to win, they just think that Biden should suffer setbacks for his various crimes. And yet you're conflating the two: wanting the Biden campaign to experience bad things is explicitly cast in this post as "their preferred outcome on November 3 is a Trump victory," despite the very obvious fact that those are not the same thing. If you applied this logic to yourself you'd cast yourself as wanting Trump to win!

Did you read the post I was responding to? I give a lot of credit to Verus for being honest about their position because it's plainly unpopular, judging by the amount of people who desperately want to pretend nobody is taking it.

"In my opinion, the political future of America looks more optimistic if the right-wing of the democratic party loses this election."

Also see the post directly above this one.

I've never called anybody a secret cryptofascist MAGA-head, just correctly pointing out that people who want Biden to lose the election want Trump to win it. One or the other will win and claiming otherwise is childish deflection.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 24, 2020

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Mellow Seas posted:

Did you read the post I was responding to? I give a lot of credit to Verus for being honest about their position because it's plainly unpopular, judging by the amount of people who desperately want to pretend nobody is taking it.

"In my opinion, the political future of America looks more optimistic if the right-wing of the democratic party loses this election."

I've never called anybody a secret cryptofascist MAGA-head, just correctly pointing out that people who want Biden to lose the election want Trump to win it. One or the other will win and claiming otherwise is childish deflection.

Fun fact: I can want both to lose so that someone who has values I agree with wins. I may even demonstrate that with my vote!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Mellow Seas posted:

Did you read the post I was responding to? I give a lot of credit to Verus for being honest about his position because it's plainly unpopular, judging by the amount of people who desperately want to pretend nobody is taking it.

There's a difference between wanting Trump to win and not caring if Joe Biden wins. My vote is accessible to Joe Biden - I've voted (D) down the ticket for my entire adult life. Joe Biden does not seem to want my help beating Trump, and every time it's been indicated that he might it has been walked back.

Joe Biden clearly does not need my help to win, or he would be appealing to me and people who think like me. I do not want Trump to win, but that alone is not sufficient for me to vote for someone I feel is otherwise disqualified for the job.

This is a far cry from your initial garbage loving post that you should be probated for:

Mellow Seas posted:

People who think a poll that shows Biden +10 isn’t actually an indicator that Biden is falling like a rock and Trump is going to own the libs so hard are the ones cherry picking and seeing what they want to see in polls, yes, because one cross tab in one poll shifted 2 points towards Trump.

And if they were capable of pointing to a cross tab like that without their sweaty, heavy breathing betraying how furiously they’re masturbating at the impending ownage the loving libs are gonna get they probably wouldn’t get so much pushback.

I hate you all so loving much

Every time someone expresses what I did above they get brow-beaten for being "privileged" or childish or petulant or "wanting Trump to win".

No, I'm on your side, but for some reason you can't see that and are misappropriating some hatred you have for MAGA-hat owners onto the left. gently caress you, the feeling is mutual. Pardon us if sometimes seeing "I told you so" play out in this hell reality we share inspires a feeling of vindication or catharsis.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 24, 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I almost would prefer Trump win over Biden in that better the devil you know than the devil you don't, and the devil in Biden we do know has caused more harm than Trump has. There's also a matter of its perception as a "return to formality" which will just lead to more corporate bullshit speak while things get worse instead of the fistfights we're in now. I'd rather fight than be condescended to, to be honest. At the end of the day, though, I can't help but think it's just shuffling chairs on the Titanic and it's irrelevant. And, to get weird for a sec, the religious part of me tells me not to even prefer a man who has blasphemed the Bible like Trump has become president. That same religious section isn't propelling me to vote for Biden instead, though. It's a real Kobayashi Maru.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

"I don't see why anyone is getting bent out of shape, I just called you a bunch of chuds who sexually gratify yourselves to the thought of Trump winning. You should own up to this caricature I have of you in my head if you crave my respect."

Seriously take a break.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Probably Magic posted:

I almost would prefer Trump win over Biden in that better the devil you know than the devil you don't, and the devil in Biden we do know has caused more harm than Trump has. There's also a matter of its perception as a "return to formality" which will just lead to more corporate bullshit speak while things get worse instead of the fistfights we're in now. I'd rather fight than be condescended to, to be honest. At the end of the day, though, I can't help but think it's just shuffling chairs on the Titanic and it's irrelevant. And, to get weird for a sec, the religious part of me tells me not to even prefer a man who has blasphemed the Bible like Trump has become president. That same religious section isn't propelling me to vote for Biden instead, though. It's a real Kobayashi Maru.

Who has almost gotten us in a North Korean and Iranian war, and is responsible for 170,000 COVID-19 related deaths in the U.S., all while promoting a doctor who believe in demon semen, and has promoted Qanon?

You don't have to like Biden, but don't tell me I shouldn't be scared the gently caress out of another four years of Trump, and act like Trump is somehow better than Biden

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 24, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

people who want Biden to lose the election want Trump to win it

This is not true, because "want" is something that is not necessarily a zero-sum game. "Would prefer" might be zero-sum, but "want" is not.

I want Biden to lose. I want the hard-right segment of the Democratic Party to learn that they cannot loving abandon progressive principles the way that they have. I want Biden, personally, to go down in history as a failure and a monster and to die unmourned, his body laid to rest beneath a public urinal for all of the students whose futures he deliberately and personally converted into indentured servitude to the billionaire class.

I do not want Biden to win.

I want Trump to lose. I want the blithering ball of failure and disease to collapse under the weight of his sins and for everyone that he thought supported him to turn on him and tear him apart. I want the Republican party to be forced to shove their fascism back under the rug and I want the cult that he created to destroy every hope they have of ever being taken seriously again. I want Trump to be the deathblow to the Republican party that he was meant to be in 2016.

I do not want Trump to win.

Insistence that I have to choose one of those to support reeks of nihilistic game-balance pragmatism and needs to go in the loving trash.

And since I'm probably on ignore but might end up selectively quoted, I "would prefer" neither of them. They're both so bad that I genuinely don't give a poo poo which of them wins this, Godzilla and Ghidorah are both gonna destroy my home so forgive me for not seeing the difference between a giant golden foot and a giant green one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Willo567 posted:

Who has almost gotten us in a North Korean and Iranian war, and is responsible for 170,000 COVID-19 related deaths in the U.S., all while promoting a doctor who believe in demon semen, and has promoted Qanon?

You don't have to like Biden, but don't tell me I shouldn't be scared the gently caress out of another four years of Trump, and act like Trump is somehow better than Biden

Who did get us in the Iraq War?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Willo567 posted:

You don't have to like Biden, but don't tell me I shouldn't be scared the gently caress out of another four years of Trump

Biden helped successfully get us into wars in the Middle East, backed coups, and is heavily responsible for the escalation of the war on drugs in the 80s and the crime bills that have lead to mass incarceration, for starters. His half-century career has involved him having his hands all over nearly every terrible thing the federal government has done.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Biden got us into an actual war that killed millions, so he's worse than Trump on that front.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Biden got us into an actual war that killed millions, so he's worse than Trump on that front.

if you want to shitpost like this, please do it in the succ thread or the nojoe thread, not here

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ProtoFrasier posted:

My one concern with Howie Hording - not enough for me to disapprove of it, but something that bugs me - is whether the people who go Howie at the top of the ticket would bother voting blue down the ticket.

I'm not real up on the history of third party voters on that, in part because in the modern day they've generally been so negligible it doesn't matter. Presumably there's some useful data from Ross Perot?

who i just discovered died a year ago

edit holy poo poo there's an IK icon now

Somfin posted:

Is that just for the threads in which they're IKs?

Looks like I have it everywhere. The thread thing is informal anyway, mechanically we're subforumwide (and broadly encouraged to monitor other threads for at least the most egregious offenses, although - for example - i'm discouraged from pushing buttons in cspam for some reason :v: )

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 24, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

edit holy poo poo there's an IK icon now

Is that just for the threads in which they're IKs?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Herstory Begins Now posted:

if you want to shitpost like this, please do it in the succ thread or the nojoe thread, not here

Could you tell me what other opinions I'm allowed to post?

Can I say that BIden was an architect of the '94 crime bill, has problems with personal space and uncomfortable touching, voted for the Iraq War and has stated "Nothing will fundamentally change" and that he "has no sympathy for millennials"

How about if I invent a non-specific set of posters to accuse of those opinions, but refuse to quote them or respond to arguments outside of the ones I have invented for them

e: fwiw, the grey IK star has the mouseover text of "Platinum User"

Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 24, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Who has almost gotten us in a North Korean and Iranian war

I've got horrible news for you re: Joe Biden's career-long stance on US imperial misadventure, you might want to sit down

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

In what way, shape, or form is that a shitpost? Biden was a key architect of the Iraq War and his direct support of that ongoing conflict completely destabilized the Middle East for decades and has led to death and destruction on a scale Trump has yet to achieve. Am I not allowed to mention this definite fact? Or is there some sort of minimum word count I'm supposed to meet in order to point out Biden's insane warmongering?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joe Biden knew Iraq didn't have WMDs and lied about it to start a war that has killed millions now. His body count is higher than Trump's, this is not a poo poo post

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Willo567 posted:

Trump has done more to normalize relations with North Korea than any other President in history, and that's after threatening to nuke them. It went nowhere because he's a moron who doesn't know how to capitalize on things, but at least he tried something new. It's the one unambiguously good thing he's done.

You can't note Trump's failures to start another war as a positive, because it certainly hasn't been for lack of trying, and eventually the game of Russian Roulette comes to an end, but do you think that if Clinton or Biden was President that we wouldn't be embroiled in a war (or "military force") in Venezuela right now? The military is a force that aches to be used, and they're competent enough to actually use it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

How is this remotely shitposting? They correctly pointed out that Joe Biden was one of the lead voices among democrats in favor of the war in Iraq, a war that killed around one million people according to many estimates, and that Donald Trump has not killed nearly as many people in wars.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

That post has me absolutely stumped, I'm trying to understand what other angle that poster could have been going for but it just looks like they are so mad about Trump they just completely forgot about Iraq

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I've got horrible news for you re: Joe Biden's career-long stance on US imperial misadventure, you might want to sit down

Yeah, if anything Biden's problem with Trump on that issue is the "almost."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it really does seem like bias in moderation is only going to get worse as we get closer to the election. Pro-Joes are free to graphically describe their political enemies masturbating, but correctly calling Biden a war-monger get you a warning or a probe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)