Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Want that doll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
loving diabolical!

Speakong of which, someone needs to make a :diabolical: smiley,along the lines of :perfect:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
We already have :yeshaha:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Panfilo posted:

loving diabolical!

Speakong of which, someone needs to make a :diabolical: smiley,along the lines of :perfect:

Can we agree that casting Karl Urban as Butcher was a stroke of genius?

He really sells the charismatic, destructive nature of the character really well and also his adaptable personality.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

etalian posted:

Can we agree that casting Karl Urban as Butcher was a stroke of genius?

He really sells the charismatic, destructive nature of the character really well and also his adaptable personality.

He also brings the t, which is something this show would fall apart without.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

dude seriously has incredible control over his expressions, it's really something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/supernaturals-jensen-ackles-joins-the-boys-season-3-1234737168/

Jensen Ackles well be joining the show season 3. Playing soldier boy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shut the gently caress up

This is AMAZING

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

quote:

“When I was a child, I had a crazy, impossible dream — to provide Jensen Ackles with gainful employment,” said Kripke in a statement.

That's an amazing press release.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That is just loving awesome

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I always thought Jensen would make a good TV Captain America.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He should have been Hawkeye.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not familiar with the character but reading the article I guess he's their Captain America? That sounds fantastic.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 18, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, the character he's playing is sort of the OG superhero in that world. I think literally the first one.

Kinda like when Batman first showed up with purple gloves, a gun, and just killed people instead of giving em brain damage with sharp metal throwing knives. Or I guess maybe The Phantom?

Spoilering just to be on the safe side. Complete conjecture on my part, but better safe than sorry on this kinda stuff.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 18, 2020

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea, the character he's playing is sort of the OG superhero in that world. I think literally the first one.

Kinda like when Batman first showed up with purple gloves, a gun, and just killed people instead of giving em brain damage with sharp metal throwing knives. Or I guess maybe The Phantom?

Spoilering just to be on the safe side. Complete conjecture on my part, but better safe than sorry on this kinda stuff.

The world of the comics follows the modern Marvel world more closely than DC. So it has their Captain America created as the world's first superhero and then the formula is lost until VA develop Compound V and make the Homelander - or at least, that's the story people are told. The reality is that Stormfront is the first superhero, created by the Nazis who brought the superhero formula to America after the war. The original Soldier Boy died in his first engagement along with all the other American made heroes because they were publicity stunts, not soldiers. He's since been replaced twice, with VA pretending that the current Soldier Boy is still the original.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

McSpanky posted:

I always thought Jensen would make a good TV Captain America.

He was #2 behind Evans for the movie role, and was offered Hawkeye instead (which he obviously turned down due to supernatural)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Azhais posted:

He was #2 behind Evans for the movie role, and was offered Hawkeye instead (which he obviously turned down due to supernatural)

I thought Krasinski was in line for it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He went in to audition, but bailed after seeing how ripped Evans and Hemsworth had gotten, as far as I remember.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I skimmed a s2 preview on the AV Club today and saw that stormfront will be played by Aya Cash of "youre the worst" fame
. I loved her in her last show so drat much, I hope she does well in the role.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He went in to audition, but bailed after seeing how ripped Evans and Hemsworth had gotten, as far as I remember.

Can you blame him?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

etalian posted:

Can you blame him?
Willing to be part of the calculus on that was "aw gently caress the diet must be insane"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Probably the roids

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I am hype, getting some friends into the show with virtual watch sessions before the new season drops.

When I first saw the guy who plays Homelander in the muscle suit I wasn't sure about the cast but now I can't imagine anyone else in the role. His performance really elevates the material.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Arglebargle III posted:

I am hype, getting some friends into the show with virtual watch sessions before the new season drops.

When I first saw the guy who plays Homelander in the muscle suit I wasn't sure about the cast but now I can't imagine anyone else in the role. His performance really elevates the material.

I've literally never seen the homelander actor in any other role to my knowledge and he was 100% expertly cast. antony what's his name is a goddamn gem of an actor for this part. he'd have killed it on the TV script or the comic book version imo

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

I've literally never seen the homelander actor in any other role to my knowledge and he was 100% expertly cast. antony what's his name is a goddamn gem of an actor for this part. he'd have killed it on the TV script or the comic book version imo

Do yourself a favour and start watching Banshee immediately.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Dikkfor posted:

Do yourself a favour and start watching Banshee immediately.

That's a fun show, but I'd describe it as Cinemax's version of Justified. That's going to be right up some people's alleys. But not others.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ccubed posted:

That's a fun show, but I'd describe it as Cinemax's version of Justified. That's going to be right up some people's alleys. But not others.

Yeah, I watched the first episode of Banshee and that was more than enough for me. But Thursday can't come soon enough, especially if I still get paid for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Yeah Banshee is brilliant, almost finished watched the last season after it was recommended in here.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
There are plenty bits of Starr's NZ roles on Youtube with, of course, an appearance in Xena as David (of Goliath fame) and as twins in a comedy crime soap (?) called Shortland Street.

His performance on Banshee is fantastic, I went back after seeing The Boys as I remembered mostly the more flashy roles in Banshee and but it's easy to miss all the little things Starr does to show the seething rage bottled up in Hood.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Yeah Banshee is brilliant, almost finished watched the last season after it was recommended in here.

The last season sucks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terror Sweat posted:

The last season sucks

True. But seasons 1-3 are some of the most brutal tv ever made.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you liked Banshee you should check out Warrior. Fight scenes are just as great and it's a pretty fun period piece. It's about the Tong Wars in 19th century San Francisco.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

The last season sucks

I've only watched two episodes and I think you might be right. I really don't like the way they seem to be ret-conning his back story. Its dumb and kind of ruins the whole thing.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

CeeJee posted:

There are plenty bits of Starr's NZ roles on Youtube with, of course, an appearance in Xena as David (of Goliath fame) and as twins in a comedy crime soap (?) called Shortland Street.

Not sure if serious or not, but he plays twins on Outrageous Fortune, an incredible show about a crime family trying to cut it straight. The twins are a hotshot lawyer and the dumbest Muppet around so its fun the range he gets to play with as the two of them.
Shortland street is coronation st meets scrubs and its bad.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Willing to be part of the calculus on that was "aw gently caress the diet must be insane"

Well it was the standard diet torture of things like lots of boneless chicken breasts and Omega-3 fatty fish like salmon.

Plus 1 hour long workouts with minimal rests between each set.

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/fitness/chris-hemsworths-thor-diet-workout-plan

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Rewatching some of the first season today and how often do you think Maribeth Monroe and Colby Minifie have been in the same waiting area for an audition?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9hYyxjTt8

I did not know this video existed, but it is amazing.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I've only watched two episodes and I think you might be right. I really don't like the way they seem to be ret-conning his back story. Its dumb and kind of ruins the whole thing.

It went from 80s and 90s action movies to late 90s early 00s lovely se7en ripoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
so does it drop at midnight?