Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Anthem Film Festival is Libertarian. What a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Anthem the film festival less entertaining than Anthem the game.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BigBadSteve posted:

Anthem Film Festival is Libertarian. What a surprise.
More like anthem fyre festival

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Shumagorath posted:

Anthem the film festival less entertaining than Anthem the game.

There's damning something with faint praise, then there's just making GBS threads all over it. I can't quite decide which this is.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I have no doubt that someone has rewritten Anthem so that Equality rediscovers the blockchain in the sewer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Did the weird GBS/BYOB Bitcoin stan return or are they just continuing their shitposting elsewhere?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
https://thecorrespondent.com/655/blockchain-the-amazing-solution-for-almost-nothing/721828659640-5df1fab1

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

tell me that isnt a luminescent turd

quote:

Earlier on, a film trailer voice asked those present if they could imagine that right here, right now, in this room, they were about to find solutions that would change “a billion lives”. A planet spontaneously combusted in the accompanying video.
that solution sounds very final

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Shumagorath posted:

What better way to visually accompany this article about blockchain

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Still say a ton of bitcoin scams run on bitcoiners being desperate to actually use their bitcoins for something

you could just withdraw them through any number of huge exchanges

i've never held bitcoin as an investment or anything but the idea that you can't easily withdraw bitcoin is like from 2008 or something

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

you could just withdraw them through any number of huge exchanges

i've never held bitcoin as an investment or anything but the idea that you can't easily withdraw bitcoin is like from 2008 or something
You can easily withdraw if you send in ID making it completely not anonymous and exchanges still close withdrawals when it benefits them.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

CampingCarl posted:

You can easily withdraw if you send in ID making it completely not anonymous and exchanges still close withdrawals when it benefits them.
The Drug Dealer's Dilemma: if you try to withdraw through a legitimate exchange that does KYC/AML then you connect the proceeds of your criminal enterprise to you but any exchange that doesn't do KYC/AML knows their customers are all criminals, so they'll block any large withdrawals and pretend they give a poo poo about KYC/AML to steal their money.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Gobbeldygook posted:

The Drug Dealer's Dilemma: if you try to withdraw through a legitimate exchange that does KYC/AML then you connect the proceeds of your criminal enterprise to you but any exchange that doesn't do KYC/AML knows their customers are all criminals, so they'll block any large withdrawals and pretend they give a poo poo about KYC/AML to steal their money.

That's The Bitcoiner's Baghodl.

The drug dealers have figured out that you can go bitcoin -> Etherium -> monero - > dogecoin -> payout and only eat like 20% in fees, as long as each transaction is on a different exchange and and and and.

Point is e-currency is to facilitate crime, chronic gamblers, and ghosttty's 17 split personalities.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

CampingCarl posted:

i'm not saying that never happens but withdrawals through bitcoin are pretty standard now for anyone playing poker in the US and a lot of other places and I've never heard of anyone having any trouble withdrawing from places like coinbase from people who use it regularly including myself, not to hold bitcoin as an investment but just for transfers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i wanna run an exit scam exchange but how am I supposed to cash out with the bitcoins I steal?

what if *I* get scammed :ohdear:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

i'm not saying that never happens but withdrawals through bitcoin are pretty standard now for anyone playing poker in the US and a lot of other places and I've never heard of anyone having any trouble withdrawing from places like coinbase from people who use it regularly including myself, not to hold bitcoin as an investment but just for transfers

Yeah bitcoin is great if you get it and dump it right away.

I do not like how long coinbase makes you wait though esp. with how hosed up the market can be.

$1 today is $0.75 tomorrow or $1.25 who knows!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What I'm hearing is that Bitcoin's functionality as a currency is inversely proportional to how much you interact with the Bitcoin parts.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What if pachinko but awkward

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah bitcoin is great if you get it and dump it right away.

I do not like how long coinbase makes you wait though esp. with how hosed up the market can be.

$1 today is $0.75 tomorrow or $1.25 who knows!

Yeah it's not ideal I just usually assume if I do a bunch and hold for the same amt of time it will just come out in the wash

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Splicer posted:

What if pachinko but awkward

reminded of how they eventually took the gambling out of Pokemon because it turns out Europe and Australia have enough gambling problems without getting kids started on it early. And 51 International Games is rated M here because of the poker and blackjack.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Stefan Prodan posted:

I hear about even Coinbase giving trouble with fiat withdrawals really quite a lot. One, they don't give a poo poo about customers because they don't have to. Two, the banks see incoming from "Coinbase" and are (correctly) immediately suspicious. That second is the killer - banks really don't want to risk touching this crypto poo poo.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

:shobon::coffee:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

that solution sounds very final

Full of poo poo and hot air at the same time!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

:shobon::coffee:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This graph means a lot more than a buttcoin graph, it might be the only good graph in the thread

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 23, 2020

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

So your argument is the price of bitcoin is a the direct function of halving(scarcity) and adoption, market conditions, or usefulness of bitcoin are irrelevant? Also please add a line for tethers printed for completeness.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Bitcoin: do crimes, gay optional

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Its funny like coiners think they are the first, when another platform for internet crime came before them.

https://www.wired.com/2009/06/e-gold/

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

At what point are you cashing out?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Why Don't The Females Understand Bitcoin?

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

divabot posted:

I hear about even Coinbase giving trouble with fiat withdrawals really quite a lot. One, they don't give a poo poo about customers because they don't have to. Two, the banks see incoming from "Coinbase" and are (correctly) immediately suspicious. That second is the killer - banks really don't want to risk touching this crypto poo poo.

I had an account with some online bank (chime) that I put $400 into, I connected it to my coinbase account and they immediately closed the account with no reason given. It took over a month for them to mail me a check with the remaining balance. They really don't gently caress around with crypto stuff. Luckily my roommate/landlord sympathized with my situation and gave me more time to pay the rent. I would have been hosed otherwise.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

EorayMel posted:

Why Don't The Females Understand Bitcoin?

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

Probably because of his weird lisp.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

At what point are you cashing out?

:rolleyes:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wait, you’re telling me the idiot in the libertarian thread isn’t an alt of yours due to you being banned?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You keep showing all these charts showing how bitcoin is going up uP UP.

When are you going to take advantage of it? Like are you looking to buy a house eventually? A car? Or for retirement?

Or do you intend to keep your supposed gains entirely theoretical and eventually die content in the knowledge that "arbitrary number was big"?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Collateral Damage posted:

Or do you intend to keep your supposed gains entirely theoretical and eventually die content in the knowledge that "arbitrary number was big"?

Seems good enough for humanity's ruling class

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gonna pretend this is a meaningless chart because i have adblock on and can't see it, ghost titty do you ever get bored of posting meaningless charts with no bearing on anything?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

orange juche posted:

gonna pretend this is a meaningless chart because i have adblock on and can't see it, ghost titty do you ever get bored of posting meaningless charts with no bearing on anything?

If you don't know how to read charts don't be embarrassed we all have to learn at some point :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
please stop posting goatse you will only cause yourself to post goatse more and more frequently