Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Amazing Yamaguchi Midoriya came early! Can't believe how fast this shipping is. I've only just started playing around with him and he's great, this is my first Amazing Yamaguchi figure and the quality of Deku makes me super excited for All Might!

Oh, huh. Amiami just asked for payment on that and I’ve yet to click yes. That doesn’t actually look great to me. Hmmmm. The proportions look weird and very unbalanced. He looks gangly in way Midoriya doesn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
To each their own, but the articulation on this guy can make me look past any proportional issues, though I don’t really see the issue you’re seeing. I’m easy to please, though.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Success!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Haha, well let my bad photos stop you from getting him! I will say his legs look kinda too long in those photos, but it doesn't look as bad in real life. Overall, I'm personally very satisfied with the figure.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I know you're all excited about the Sentinel, but there's another 300 dollar robot toy available now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Haha, well let my bad photos stop you from getting him! I will say his legs look kinda too long in those photos, but it doesn't look as bad in real life. Overall, I'm personally very satisfied with the figure.

Figures using revoltech all have gigantic legs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

So jelly. :newfap:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Congrats! I'm hoping for luck tomorrow when I set out to The Good Target.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Apparently they got of case of 4 last Friday but a guy came in at 7am and brought the case before the stock clerk even unpacked it.

This one came in alone in the restock box. Popfindr really works it seems.

Good luck fellow gi goons.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm still hoping that by some magic they get them in NYC, but this far none of our Targets plan to even stock them. :smithicide:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think this is the first action figure I've seen that retails for $850:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130744

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just a huge BBTS mark-up. It retailed for $399.

It was also from 2013 though so I guess BBTS found some?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Is it made out of actual gold??? Also lol get a 850 dollar figure then use the 4 dollar shipping.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

The Hot Toys Hulkbuster is the most expensive I've seen. Over $1000.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-hulkbuster-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903803

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That's just a huge BBTS mark-up. It retailed for $399.

It was also from 2013 though so I guess BBTS found some?

That makes a little more sense. I didn't know the history of it, it just popped up while I was looking at Star Wars stuff.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Magical Bee posted:

The Hot Toys Hulkbuster is the most expensive I've seen. Over $1000.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-hulkbuster-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903803

This one is two foot tall, 22 pounds and an engineering masterpiece

edit: it was 850 retail when I bought mine

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Hulkbuster was a funny one in Canada.

Because it was delayed significantly and major changes in the exchange rate it went from being $850 when announced to like $1200 when released.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, huh. Amiami just asked for payment on that and I’ve yet to click yes. That doesn’t actually look great to me. Hmmmm. The proportions look weird and very unbalanced. He looks gangly in way Midoriya doesn’t.

Check out D Amazing's review. He looks great, especially if you compare it to the Figma or McFarlane figures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-909JTbFyW8

Lencho fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 26, 2020

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Holy poo poo, why would someone pay this much!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don’t tell me how I shouldn’t spend my money!!! :argh:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought the Haslab Sentinel was up until the 27th... Did anyone buy an extra to scalp?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Lencho posted:

Check out D Amazing's review. He looks great, especially if you compare it to the Figma or McFarlane figures.

:hai:

Dale-Taco posted:

Holy poo poo, why would someone pay this much!

It being sold and the person actually paying it are two different things. Someone might have made an offer like that out of spite and there’s really no repercussion for not paying. The seller scalper gets screwed while they wait two weeks or 30 days or whatever for a payment that never comes, and anyone who legit wanted to buy it can’t either.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Nanigans posted:

It being sold and the person actually paying it are two different things. Someone might have made an offer like that out of spite and there’s really no repercussion for not paying. The seller scalper gets screwed while they wait two weeks or 30 days or whatever for a payment that never comes, and anyone who legit wanted to buy it can’t either.

Its probably a money laundering thing tbh.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

A Cobra money laundering scheme. How fitting.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

A Cobra money laundering scheme. How fitting.

Sounds like Extensive Enterprises is back at it!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OH MY GOD ITS COMING!!!!!!

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Storm Collectibles E-Honda is up for pre-order! He looks good but I don’t have the must have feeling most of Storm’s SF and MK stuff gives me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Earlier this year, someone in this thread said they had a Marvel Legends Spider-Woman they didn't care about, and might be happy to part with it for the cost of shipping. This had to go back to February or early March, and I don't think the guy was a regular poster, so we never followed through with it.

I'd still love to get the Spider-Woman figure (the classic red and yellow costume, from the Thanos wave), if anyone else has one for sale or trade. I definitely wouldn't need or want the Thanos head and arm she came with. I don't have much to trade, but I do have a DC Direct Animal Man, for the Grant Morrison fans out there, and almost anything else in my SA-Mart thread of randomness.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

They still haven’t put the General Kenobi up for preorder :argh: :argh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also Clone Wars Maul coming it seems.

General Kenobi never went up? That was like a couple months ago, no? Weird!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

No luck with the Baroness. I did get to see the Hot Wheels Guys in the natural habitat because they were getting restocked. I may lose out on figures but if the price is being not that pushy and obnoxious, I'll pay it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Also Clone Wars Maul coming it seems.

General Kenobi never went up? That was like a couple months ago, no? Weird!

He’s in all the photos and was displayed with Anakin at the virtual cons earlier this month but there’s no official announcement which means no preorders yet.

They may be staggering it on purpose? The other Ewan Obi-Wan just came out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cloks posted:

I thought the Haslab Sentinel was up until the 27th... Did anyone buy an extra to scalp?

Bought 3.

TBD.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Saw the Neca King Kong at Target yesterday, along with the Halloween III trick or treaters. Picked up the HIII kids, but man, that Kong looks weird. He's got his roaring face head, Wich makes sense. But then his alt head's expression looks like he walked in on his parents having sex.

It also apparently doesn't scale with the Neca Godzillas, which is odd. You'd think Neca would want that synergy, even if they no longer have the Zilla license.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Not proud of it, but I just sent my dad on a Target run because popfindr says Target up the street from my parents’ house has two Baroness. :negative:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Finally got this guy delivered this morning, just so I could recreate Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha!

Dragon Ball Super shelf is complete!

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Vintersorg posted:

God drat... this might be what makes me buy my first Hot Toys.

...does anyone in the UK have a recommended place to buy them from? Is it worth getting them from Sideshow directly and pay the shipping?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Tomtrek posted:

God drat... this might be what makes me buy my first Hot Toys.

...does anyone in the UK have a recommended place to buy them from? Is it worth getting them from Sideshow directly and pay the shipping?

Kapow Toys would probably be best, so you’re not hit with import fees.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Not proud of it, but I just sent my dad on a Target run because popfindr says Target up the street from my parents’ house has two Baroness. :negative:

Well did he find one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dale-Taco posted:

Well did he find one?

No word yet.