Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

But guys, fines totally work as deterrents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
No mention of the flopping and resulting 50m penalties on the afl website despite Woosha bringing it up in the press conference

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Port just stumbled over the line against the hawks after getting 14 free kicks in the second half. That’s not that strange except that Hawthorn got NONE. A whole half where port played perfect football according to the umpires :thumbsup:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/rustyjacko/status/1297279181735124993?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

This is an extremely important read, although fair warning it’s anything but an easy one

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
yeah that was hard to read but I'm glad I did.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And when I say I’m glad I did I mean I’m actually really upset I did because its content is disgusting

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Just a punch to the gut reading that.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
That is a helluva read, a devastating story that needed to be told.

And it really does feel like the club leans on Nicky Winmar as an 'easy' story. They need to do the work and make this right.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

monolithburger posted:

They need to do the work and make this right.

It sounds like they're taking the right steps initially.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-23/afl-st-kilda-apologise-to-robert-muir-admit-to-grave-errors/12587102

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Brisbane player blocks Marshall on the mark, kick doesn't come back, Brisbane score and gain momentum.

gently caress sake.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

It would be nice if the people involved at the time actually stood up and apologised and the like. The club now will of course reach out because its different times and different people. Thats of course if Muir even wants that kind of apology from the actual people responsible.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress that was a frustrating game, we should have had it.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

monolithburger posted:

gently caress that was a frustrating game, we should have had it.

Brisbane cant kick for goal which helped a lot but yeah, we threw that away without a doubt. Too many opportunities gone to waste there.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

Brisbane cant kick for goal which helped a lot but yeah, we threw that away without a doubt. Too many opportunities gone to waste there.

Bruce called it, Membrey should have let that one go through in the first qtr :smith:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
was really rooting for St. Kilda on that last chance in the 50 that went for a behind. fun game to watch. now it's time for eagles/giants :getin:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Middle of a pandemic, limited seats at the game and the galaxy brains at 7 decide to delay the broadcast

loving well done

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The eagles/giants hashtag has been overrun by Hindu nationalist bots. This would never be allowed on bigfooty

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brown Paper Bag posted:

The eagles/giants hashtag has been overrun by Hindu nationalist bots. This would never be allowed on bigfooty

They’ve been doing that for all game tags recently, annoying

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just read the Robbie Muir article, it’s hard comprehend how tough he’s had it his whole life :smith:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Richmond fans are really becoming in-loving-sufferable on twitter.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Becoming?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Richmond fans are really becoming in-loving-sufferable on twitter.

I shudder to think what a competent Essendon or Carlton would result in in the age of social media

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol tribunal is a loving joke

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The AFL has probably decided that with their finances hosed the only way forward is to walk the side with the biggest audience to a grand final

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol tribunal is a loving joke

:hmmyes:

gay picnic defence posted:

The AFL has probably decided that with their finances hosed the only way forward is to walk the side with the biggest audience to a grand final

Not the first time Richmond have received a massive league sponsored ride to the premiership

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It happened the past 2 times so why not a 3rd.

I hope they finish 9th forever.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hey diet crack who’s your expendable player that could just murder lynch at the opening bounce?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey diet crack who’s your expendable player that could just murder lynch at the opening bounce?

I'd say we just sign the Q-Stick and Beau Waters to one game contracts and just "tag*" him the entire match.

*Tag being kicking in danger at every opportunity and running with elbows out.

I really hate the notion of cheering for people to be hurt playing.. but I do want some comeuppance for this loving oval office and that whole loving team for that matter after Dimmas comments as well.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Welp as to be expected from North, they forgot that there's a 2nd half to footy.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Sick of Richmond

edit: Tiger fans on social media...dear lord. Many of them holding up the tribunal as the great bastion of good judgement. “Well the jury deemed it worthy of being thrown out so that HAS to be the right decision!” As if these same fans won’t be calling for tribunal blood in a few weeks if a Tiger’s player is suspended because “the tribunal don’t know anything!!” The best bit is seeing many of them thinking they’re being hard done by for even having Lynch sent to the tribunal. Apparently it’s the AFL our to get them - wasting their time and trying to stress the club out.
I wouldn’t mind half as much of these posts weren’t simply baiting trolls who knew what they were saying was BS. But these nut jobs believe

thepokey fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 24, 2020

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009
there's heinous fans of every club. the bigger clubs have more fans and so we see more of the heinous fans spewing garbage on social media.

essendon fans, for example, are back to sending death threats to players again (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-23/richmond-dylan-grimes-death-threats-after-essendon-game/12587008)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thepokey posted:

Sick of Richmond

https://twitter.com/RichmondWomens/status/1297794765245698054

:same:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Very lovely. They have a ton of money at the moment and kill off one of their two women's team?

Surely fielding a vflw side was a condition of getting the aflw bid ahead of other clubs. Or even the old vflw clubs that got kicked out of the competition to allow afl-aligned clubs into the league the other year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

Very lovely. They have a ton of money at the moment and kill off one of their two women's team?

Surely fielding a vflw side was a condition of getting the aflw bid ahead of other clubs. Or even the old vflw clubs that got kicked out of the competition to allow afl-aligned clubs into the league the other year.

I for one am shocked that this has happened, and fully expect the repercussions from AFL House to arrive swiftly, and severely

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

I for one am shocked that this has happened, and fully expect the repercussions from AFL House to arrive swiftly, and severely

I'm not sure if you've read social media lately but AFL House have it in for Richmond big time. They're doing everything in their power to ruin them. Thankfully the level headed tribunal sorted this all out though

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Richmond can gently caress off

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sadly, one of the biggest richmond fans of their aflw/vflw team is now getting harassed by richmond fans after requesting a membership refund in response to richmond cutting their womens program/vflw team.

https://twitter.com/PollyMaeve/status/1297829687440236546
https://twitter.com/PollyMaeve/status/1298201922755682304

https://twitter.com/PollyMaeve/status/1298199483956604928

I get that people are being made redundant, but this is happening at all clubs, other clubs have (not yet) cut a whole footy team from the club and Richmond are sitting on a pile of cash, just announcing 100k members again today.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
We normal respectful Tigers fans exist I swear :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Fire Tom Lynch into the sun and use his salary to fund both the AFLW and VFLW teams