Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but it should be a 2 year $20m with a base vet minimum this year, and if he hits incentives, a giant roster bonus for next year becomes guaranteed, so the Ravens get no offset money.

:mad:

I have somehow never heard of this player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AndrewP posted:

This is the first time I've heard of him since that article in 2017 about draftees with funny names. Whatever happened to Corn Elder?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is the first time I've heard of him since that article in 2017 about draftees with funny names. Whatever happened to Corn Elder?

Went to the Panthers and was really bad. Not sure if he's still with them or not.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

He's good and very versatile, I'm kinda curious about what they will do with him and Simmons out there

Diva Cupcake posted:

The top end of the safety market will be hit when Adams and probably Marcus Williams and later on Derwin James get new deals.

Budda is good but he's not in their class and he's not a free agent.

Well guess what buddy, actually the safety market will be reset soon when the Chiefs for some reason extend Mathieu to 25m/y and somehow open 50m in their cap space

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The top end of the safety market will be hit when Adams and probably Marcus Williams and later on Derwin James get new deals.

Budda is good but he's not in their class and he's not a free agent.

Oh my God the Hawks are going to have to give Adams so much money hahaha

I guess one plus to building a defense from the back forward is that elite safeties are cheaper than elite linemen. Of course, that all depends on the scheme... working. We'll see.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Derwin gonna get paid.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys should not take Earl Thomas because their track record with locker room poison aint exactly great. Or good. Or okay.

I'd rather just avoid the issue entirely. gently caress Jerruh.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

AndrewP posted:

One play does not make a career, and I'm sure he's performed adequately well enough for this contract, but every time I hear Budda Baker, all I can think off is "the other guy in Nelson Agholor's career highlight"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXs-9Kkgjo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can’t believe we’re really about to try and have an NFL season in like two weeks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I can’t believe we’re really about to try and have an NFL season in like two weeks

Print the masks

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Time to establish the 'rona

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Man there's like a whole generation of bitter bargain contracts to safeties...

The cards secondary still sorta sucks on paper... maybe dre kirkpatrick or bw webb can give us that antonio cromartie energy.

baker did a lot of cleaning up on blown tackles/coverages and it's hard to draw value from that... but he was good at doing that.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Also people were making GBS threads on the stupid article about no media in practices, well there's no depth chart until the first game lol.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Ehud posted:

nanobubbles coalesce into a protective sheathe around all of your vital organs and protect you from the corona.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1298273408904359941

*hagrid voice*

yer a wizard, paraag

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wasn't ET on a 3/$30m when he threw his fit about not renegotiating in Seattle? It's going to get interesting with teams (probably) not willing to commit long term and also likely giving small guarantee, high incentive contracts. I wonder if he will realize he hosed up bad and settle or stick to his guns and not play this season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

Wasn't ET on a 3/$30m when he threw his fit about not renegotiating in Seattle? It's going to get interesting with teams (probably) not willing to commit long term and also likely giving small guarantee, high incentive contracts. I wonder if he will realize he hosed up bad and settle or stick to his guns and not play this season.

He was entering the last year of his 4 year $40m deal when he held out for an extension that he did not get. That was also the season he had a freak leg break during the season and flipped off Pete Carroll as he was carted off the field.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1298303776315641857

the second that account is unlocked

boom

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What the gently caress is Dan Snyder thinking

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

What the gently caress is Dan Snyder thinking

not much, that's for drat sure

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is going to be really good. :munch:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dan thinks he's bullet proof because he weathered pimping out employees and he's not exactly wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's not like Dan will ever see a single post on twitter, it'll be in the hands of some social media manager.

And it's your job to make that social media manager hate themselves and cry.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He probably thinks people like him now because he changed the name of the team, sort of.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shinjobi posted:

Cowboys making the right call for once

The Cowboys have been killing it in the decision making process for the last 5 years or so they should be way better than they are if they could ever find a reliable secondary.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I wish the new name actually was "Washington Football Team, est. 1932" like in his banner

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

This is why I like IDPs. Budda Baker was a fantasy stud last season. #1 at his position, dude racked up 162 points in my league which is astounding for a safety. Sorry for the fantasy talk.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

maybe dre kirkpatrick or bw webb can give us that antonio cromartie energy.

Webb is a liability but Dre will definitely bring energy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
N: https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/1298314764024606721

V:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1298322034192199681

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Oddly enough, not practicing Patricia's dogshit defense likely improves the defense overall.

Also, this owns.

More football should be cancelled for this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hizawk posted:

Oddly enough, not practicing Patricia's dogshit defense likely improves the defense overall.

Also, this owns.

More football should be cancelled for this.

It'll be hilarious once the first white player kneels for the anthem.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
When offensive linemen don't have to keep the weight on part 50

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1298346883795034112?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
OL getting skinny instantly will never stop being a feel good story.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
OL gets skinny when they retire but DL gets fatter and die at 51.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
OL getting skinny is the inverse to RBs turning into the stay puff marshmallow man

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I imagine the whole "I can't walk for more than 20 minutes without serious pain" thing is pretty universal among active offensive linemen, and all but the stupidest guys know they're likely to die at 50 if they don't drop some weight, so I can see how it would be easier for them to get really motivated to do so once they retire. I suspect it's harder for more athletic players who go from feeling like some of the top athletes in the world to bored and very, very sore once they stop playing.

E: I guess I just restated the point of the article, but whatever. I've never paid attention to an OL after retirement before

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1298298402195873793?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Edit ^^^^ :stonk:

Joe Thomas looks like the rock.

Jordan gross looks like someone ehud makes fun of at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/plaxicoburress/status/1298337938183462917