Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Captain Cappy posted:

I haven't kept up with Kizuna Ai so I didn't even know they were doing streams. I don't think the streamed Kizuna Ai stuff looks much different than other vtubers using mocap gear. Make sure you're not comparing apples (the simple face recognition stuff using an iphone) to oranges (mocap gear). Having looked at a Kizuna Ai stream briefly I do think her corporation has a decent edge in mouth and eye detection/animation but everything else looks about as good/bad as the other vtuber corporations.

Here's an example of Hololive 3D for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ybut0DDeu0

Edit: gently caress now Kizuna Ai stuff is showing up in my recommends.

did something happen with kizuna ai? why is she bad now

also i guess this video illustrates how bad it is compared to kizuna's stuff. specifically the face/body capture stuff. the mouth stuff is just so bad.

this is pretty funny though.

edit: i think a lot of my issues with many vtubers is the character designs are often loving awful giant titty loli poo poo. hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

InspectorCarbonara posted:

In other Vtuber news, Korone is currently playing Banjo Kazooie and Grant Kirkhope tweeted about it:
https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1298289344659075072

13k people watching at 4 30 am.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no such thing as 4:30am on the internet

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Tabletops posted:

did something happen with kizuna ai? why is she bad now

also i guess this video illustrates how bad it is compared to kizuna's stuff. specifically the face/body capture stuff. the mouth stuff is just so bad.

this is pretty funny though.

edit: i think a lot of my issues with many vtubers is the character designs are often loving awful giant titty loli poo poo. hate it.

Well, they advertised some bitcoin wannabe thing created by one of the Proud Boys or something like that (I don't think most people know about this and wasn't a real cause for her downfall). Then they replaced the original Kizuna Ai with clones because they figured people cared about Kizuna Ai the look more than the person playing Kizuna Ai, which they were wrong about and tanked their ratings super hard. I googled the situation a bit and seems like the parent company behind Kizuna Ai recently spun it off from their normal operations so maybe Kizuna can be good again instead of being a corporate flagship product intended to push nazi bitcoins. It looks like they gave the clones their own channels and non-Kizuna looks so it's probably as legit as any other corporate owned vtuber situation.

Also, I don't think the body capture is any worse than the Kizuna stuff. They're both janky and I saw Kizuna's arms snapping into place and clipping through everything. The lipsyncing is a ton better for Kizuna stuff though. Edit: Also me picking Marine as an example was probably a bad idea since she always moves kind of stiffly due to her age.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 25, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

scary ghost dog posted:

golden kamuy has really charmibg art & characters. its wonderful

It's an absolute masterpiece.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tales of Woe posted:

no such thing as 4:30am on the internet

its true

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's an absolute masterpiece.

it's true

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ah yes, the giant titty loli, inugami korone

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Colonel posted:

ah yes, the giant titty loli, inugami korone

is that one of the girls from Blazblu

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tabletops posted:

you can watch her stuff live tho
her 3d live streams are noticeably less expressive than the prerecorded stuff, theyre still pretty good because they sunk a lot of money into it, but everyone elses 3d live streams look pretty good too now

tbh as far as old school short form vtubers go, i always thought himehina looked a lot better than kizuna ai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeRC0XQo2Zw

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Some vtubers just have really great energy and that's nice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
even before kizuna ai was worked as a marketing tool for nazi bitcoin i don't think her output was generally as personal and interesting as a lot of modern vtubers because she was simply built from the ground as a corporate marketing thing whereas modern vtubers, beyond their identity as streamers, are just like. people. like korone will just marathon segagaga or dragon's lair or klonoa because she wants to and she has genuinely interesting thoughts on the games she plays. marine will just play random-rear end dating sims cause it's what she does. even the ones who mostly play more current and popular stuff are just more genuine and fun to watch. kizuna ai's output was never as varied as a lot of modern vtubers because she was just inherently more manufactured and mostly gained attention for being the first big one

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Have Jerma play a game with a VTuber and then I'll watch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jerma helps pikamee overcome jump king

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Aurora posted:

jerma helps pikamee overcome jump king

hes a hunk and hunks always bounce good commentary with cute animes babes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tabletops posted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you need to distance yourself from giant titty loli you could try vtubers like makaino ririmu or murasaki shion. maybe emma august

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm a big fan of maimoto, the baseball daddy

also rip kaoru

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

The Colonel posted:

even before kizuna ai was worked as a marketing tool for nazi bitcoin i don't think her output was generally as personal and interesting as a lot of modern vtubers because she was simply built from the ground as a corporate marketing thing whereas modern vtubers, beyond their identity as streamers, are just like. people. like korone will just marathon segagaga or dragon's lair or klonoa because she wants to and she has genuinely interesting thoughts on the games she plays. marine will just play random-rear end dating sims cause it's what she does. even the ones who mostly play more current and popular stuff are just more genuine and fun to watch. kizuna ai's output was never as varied as a lot of modern vtubers because she was just inherently more manufactured and mostly gained attention for being the first big one

Is there a vtuber that has a dragons dogma playthrough

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tabletops posted:

Is there a vtuber that has a dragons dogma playthrough

FLY INTO THE FREEEEEE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not any big ones ive seen, a lot of them like monster hunter though

saying "is there any vtuber that's done x" is kinda meaningless because anyone can be a vtuber now, just searching for dragons dogma vtuber i see someone with a frog avatar was playing it but theres like 40 views on each of their videos

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

homeless snail posted:

not any big ones ive seen, a lot of them like monster hunter though

saying "is there any vtuber that's done x" is kinda meaningless because anyone can be a vtuber now, just searching for dragons dogma vtuber i see someone with a frog avatar was playing it but theres like 40 views on each of their videos

let's collectively scout them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i love watching vtuber streams that are in the single digit viewers, extremely personal anime connections

theres one girl i like to watch that inexplicably has an audience of 90% english speakers and she herself barely speaks any english. theres always one japanese guy in chat thats like "why are there so many foreigners here"

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

homeless snail posted:

i love watching vtuber streams that are in the single digit viewers, extremely personal anime connections

theres one girl i like to watch that inexplicably has an audience of 90% english speakers and she herself barely speaks any english. theres always one japanese guy in chat thats like "why are there so many foreigners here"

lmfao

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

homeless snail posted:

lol

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

if I had an avatar I would totally do vtuber streams that just seems kind of fun

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I read all of the minami q-ta stuff I could find and I think she's a really talented mangaka

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

let's all become vtubers and do collabs

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also I'll say that I think the oh kizuna ai was off doing her idol tour thing and album which is why they added IP and love. It's funny though now that they've been doing off they must not have the same tech as kizuna cause the face/mouth capture is equal levels of awful to most vtubers.

Also I had no idea about the Nazi coin poo poo? I just watch her gaming YouTube stuff as it comes up. Guess I'll have to read about it unless someone can summarize. That sounds wild.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they use live2d yeah

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where are all the oneesan vtubers?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tabletops posted:

giant titty loli

:thinking:

Tabletops posted:

Also I had no idea about the Nazi coin poo poo? I just watch her gaming YouTube stuff as it comes up. Guess I'll have to read about it unless someone can summarize. That sounds wild.

Is that like swedish nazi gold or like dogecoin?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Vtubers are good, because no-one should use any part of their real identity on the internet.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

homeless snail posted:

let's all become vtubers and do collabs

hell yeah, dude. can't wait to see the sweet av you're gonna make for me!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Acerbatus posted:

:thinking:

Is that like swedish nazi gold or like dogecoin?

Not the best choice of words. Just cringey bad avatar designs I guess. Idk.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Abysswalker posted:

hell yeah, dude. can't wait to see the sweet av you're gonna make for me!
if I make your av you have to call me your mama, per vtuber law. are you prepared for that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was a bitcoin scheme that involved kizuna ai, palmer lucky, and the guy who runs anime news network. one of these people is a nazi

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

homeless snail posted:

if I make your av you have to call me your mama, per vtuber law. are you prepared for that

you mean i can do it in public now too? wow. this is like a dream come true

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

there was a bitcoin scheme that involved kizuna ai, palmer lucky, and the guy who runs anime news network. one of these people is a nazi

drat i should have studied harder for this test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/WEEDZ0NE/status/1298399758738841600?s=20