Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Miftan posted:

I vaguely remember hearing that they took them all out when competitive started taking off, but not sure.

There's still some gimmick mechanics.

If Rengar and Kha'Zix are on opposite teams, Rengar has fully stacked his passive, and Kha'Zix has used all 3 evolution points, they'll eventually get a "quest" to kill the other. If Renger gets the kill he gets a 6th stack of his passive and if Kha'Zix gets the kill he gets a 4th evolution point, both of which are otherwise impossible.

There's a similar gimmick with Senna vs Thresh, or Senna + Lucian vs Thresh, after Senna and Thresh have enough passive stacks (100 mist and 40 souls). If Senna wins she gets 30 ap and 30 armor, and if Thresh wins he gets 40 ad, 50 attack range, and 30% crit. Then if Lucian is on Senna's team the same thing happens again but with Lucian vs Thresh, so it's theoretically possible for a Thresh to get 80 ad and 60% crit for free :wtc:.

Now I wanna see some extremely gimmicky thresh adc strats that only work against a senna+lucian lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a few of those among the Freljord champs as well, I know Ashe can get a quest to kill Sejuani if she's on the enemy team.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I like the Vi/Cait and Jynx passive too, it just counts takedowns

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I think it's Ashe, Lissandra, or Sejuani being on opposite teams to trigger the Freljord quest. I don't remember if there's a reward beyond the really lovely-looking crown.

I think all of the tiny Easter eggs (sunglasses vs Leona reducing damage by 1, multiple ninjas on the same team getting their HP reduced by 1, Cait and Vi vs Jinx getting 1g extra per takedown, probably forgetting a few) are gone, but they're so inconsequential that they're almost impossible to notice anyway.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

all of the easter eggs are in the game because china loves easter eggs (easter is a national holiday in china) and riot is beholden to their overlords

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What the

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I don't consider the quests to be "hidden Easter eggs" like the sunglasses and ninja thing cause they straight up tell you to do it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is Nidalee still a cougar who makes low level fuccbois around her more experienced

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Super Librarian posted:

I think it's Ashe, Lissandra, or Sejuani being on opposite teams to trigger the Freljord quest. I don't remember if there's a reward beyond the really lovely-looking crown.

I think all of the tiny Easter eggs (sunglasses vs Leona reducing damage by 1, multiple ninjas on the same team getting their HP reduced by 1, Cait and Vi vs Jinx getting 1g extra per takedown, probably forgetting a few) are gone, but they're so inconsequential that they're almost impossible to notice anyway.

It's also specifically Ashe Lissandra and Sejuani being on opposite teams in ARAM (because it's in the Freljord). The extra 1g takedown thing is still in game I think, or at least the counter for how many times you've tricked the cops/bagged the crook.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Reality Protester posted:

is Nidalee still a cougar who makes low level fuccbois around her more experienced

She has not done this for a long, long time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Make Neeko do more damage around Nidalee because she's trying to impress her.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

With Ashe getting nerfed by 2(!!) base AD next patch i feel like I wanna stop 1 tricking her. Ive one tricked Jinx, Jhin, and Ashe at various points in the season.

on 10.18 who would you one trick from the list of 10.17 "S tier" bot lane champs:

jinx
jhin
draven
kaisa
ezreal

and these "not S tier" champs:
lucian
xayah

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

That kaisa Q that they nerf every patch still feels like the best ADC Q in the game by a long shot

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kaisa Q is extremely strong against isolated targets and very, very frustrating in team fights or if your support doesn't understand how much 2v2 power you lose fighting inside of a minion wave.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Botlane Karthus has the best Q :pseudo:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The wise man smiled. "Jinx"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jerkface posted:

on 10.18 who would you one trick from the list of 10.17 "S tier" bot lane champs:

jinx
jhin
draven
kaisa
ezreal

lucian
xayah

I'd pick Jhin if I wanted to have lots of fun, Kaisa if I wanted to win real bad

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Bleck posted:

I'd pick Jhin if I wanted to have lots of fun, Kaisa if I wanted to win real bad

I'm leaning Kaisa but I think you have those backwards cuz Jhin wins hard and Kaisa's WR sucks rear end but all her abilities are fun to use and i like to int with her ult right into the enemy champs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would say probably jinx because hyper scaling is cool but i get too mad that my team never gives a gently caress whether i live or die so i personally would pick ezreal or kaisa.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jerkface posted:

I'm leaning Kaisa but I think you have those backwards cuz Jhin wins hard and Kaisa's WR sucks rear end but all her abilities are fun to use and i like to int with her ult right into the enemy champs

I'm bad, for reference,

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like Twitch because if you hit critical mass and position right you can just R then A+left click and the entire enemy team dies

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw has there been any hints to what Seraphine's role is? The roadmap says the champ after Yone uses bullets and blades. Maybe she is a 6 ability champ?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Speaking of 6 ability champions, has Riot ever mentioned reworking my boy Udyr?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ulio posted:

Btw has there been any hints to what Seraphine's role is? The roadmap says the champ after Yone uses bullets and blades. Maybe she is a 6 ability champ?

she's a "sensational" mid lane mage, the bullet and blade champ is the DMC inspired markswoman samira

edit: gently caress it I'll just one trick samira

strong bird
May 12, 2009

shes a mid lane mage aka a support

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

strong bird posted:

shes a mid lane mage aka a support

full tank top laner

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jerkface posted:

she's a "sensational" mid lane mage, the bullet and blade champ is the DMC inspired markswoman samira

edit: gently caress it I'll just one trick samira

That Samira inspiration sounds amazing hopefully they can pull it off, their champ dev has been killing it lately so I am hopeful.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bleck posted:

I'm bad, for reference,

that's the beauty of skill based matchmaking
as long as you don't care about climbing it doesn't matter whether you're good or bad, you can still play and have fun and win games against your also-bad opponents

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/1298402913228926977

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Jerkface posted:

With Ashe getting nerfed by 2(!!) base AD next patch

NOOOO MY SUPPORT ASHE

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

isaboo posted:

Speaking of 6 ability champions, has Riot ever mentioned reworking my boy Udyr?

Udyr just got a ton of visual effects changed like a patch ago, so it's pretty doubtful they rework him

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

every once in a while I play Twitch and I remember why I only play Twitch every once in a while

I don't know why they think he needs to be the way he is but I would prefer literally anything else thanks

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Firebert posted:

Udyr just got a ton of visual effects changed like a patch ago, so it's pretty doubtful they rework him

If you believe the designers themselves the updated VFXs are just individuals squeezing effects in while they have time and don't have any bearing on the plans of the rest of the team.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

personally i love playing lulu and pressing w and e intermittently on twitch and watching him pentakill

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bleck posted:

every once in a while I play Twitch and I remember why I only play Twitch every once in a while

I don't know why they think he needs to be the way he is but I would prefer literally anything else thanks

I like pressing R then right clicking a bad guy then pressing E and their entire time is dead

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Twitch owns if you can make it past his dogshit laning phase you get two items and position well and rain death on everyone else almost a screen away

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Super Librarian posted:

full tank top laner

everyone knows fat samira is the best way to play her

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

everyone knows fat samira is the best way to play her

Quoting this to save it for when goons start building her full tank

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Fat Annie started before she became a mainstream support IIRC which was a funny instance of goons being right for the wrong reasons. Yeah, she was great because she could be used as a stun/engage machine but why was the conclusion conclusion "Just build giants belts all day" and not "Put her bottom"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Jerkface posted:

With Ashe getting nerfed by 2(!!) base AD next patch i feel like I wanna stop 1 tricking her. Ive one tricked Jinx, Jhin, and Ashe at various points in the season.

jinx
jhin
draven
kaisa
ezreal

lucian
xayah

Serious answer here is Ezreal. He gets to cheat the items system. And you better believe that somehow, someway . . . he will be busted with the new items. SO get a good Ez now! With the changes to Ashe recently, I'd say Ez is the only safe blind pick in ADC at the moment if you care about team comp and don't want to just one trick a thing.

I got the S emote first game of the day and was hype as hell. I was playing Aphelios and just styled on a 1v2 and got it. Was good to play moon boy again. Felt like he is introducing me to the next ADC. :unsmith:
The spoilers for Samira say that ... her R is somewhat like Katarina's R, but she spins around with a machine gun, and the more enemies she is hitting simultaneously, the higher her style meter becomes - when it hits S, the animation becomes a giant rose. Sounds baller as gently caress. This was leaked by that Brazilian translator that also 100% leaked Yone, Lillia, and more and was 100% on the money to the point where people now believe the leaks are just free marketing.

E: The style meter only interacting with 1 potential ability sounds very on-brand for Riot, have to say. Think about Sett's secondary mechanic. She didn't mention her passive, though. I'm hype as gently caress about a new ADC, gang.