Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Spoeank posted:

Laviska Shenault & Bryan Edwards are the top two that fit this bill.

If youre talking deep deep im a massive chase claypool stan. WRs going outside the first 3 rounds in the NFL draft aren't WR36 or better in fantasy football 98% of the time their rookie year and aren't worth the effort so don't dig too deep, youre probably wasting your time.

Perfect, this is the kind of thing I am looking for. Just some guys who will completely slip through until the double digit rounds. I wouldn't be drafting more than one of these "dart throws" but I like to pick one up in the last few picks. I managed to get Terry in the 11th round last year so I can keep him essentially for the next 10 seasons (hah!). Which I entirely base my knowledge of him and pick from this forum (and my league all really crapped their pants after TM showed up as a top receiver)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Just as a side note, part of my picking Terry M last year was watching that short youtube video/interview with him in it that he seemed so level headed and professional which I recall this forum going pretty nuts over the fact that this young guy had such a super level headed outlook.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I kinda like Darrynton Evans for the same kind of literally last pick dart throw mindset in a ppr league. Could be the ying to Henry's yang as they try not to destroy Henry's body after signing him to a contract.

Edit: Actually AJ Dillon might be a better candidate. The Packers have kind of signalled that they don't want to resign Aaron Jones for next year. So he has a very good shot at being the starter going forward.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 25, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you want RB there's a whole mess of em yeah. Evans is good, McFarland is a stash for when Conner dies and they realize that Snell is diarrhea (not fair to diarrhea, that actually gives you impressive runs), Eno Benjamin if this Drake boot thing is anything.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Issue with Dillon is he seems to be a pretty throwback kind of RB, not much use catching passes and so you’re basically relying on him to be Derrick Henry, which is a tough ask even given their physical similarities. Here’s a good write up that’s overall pretty positive but notes the worries. Still, he might return some redraft value even this year if Jones misses time, so you could definitely do worse with a dart throw.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hearing good things about DeeJay Dallas too

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
So pretty much all rookies are worth dart throws... check

Except Bowden stay away

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alfalfa posted:

So pretty much all rookies are worth dart throws... check

Except Bowden stay away

if there was a consensus on them they wouldn't be dart throws :ssh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Aren't we all dart throws?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

jabro posted:

I'm a slam dunk, right into the garbage

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

jabro posted:

I am merely an unsexy pick with bye week flex upside in deeper leagues

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm that useless UDFA that the one guy in your dynasty league is crushing on because he went to the same school that that guy graduated from in 1977.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm that useless UDFA that the one guy in your dynasty league is crushing on because he went to the same school that that guy graduated from in 1977.

shut up and give me Raheem Mostert

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Poque posted:

shut up and give me Raheem Mostert

You can't make me!

Lol, continuing to fart around with mock drafting sites and the Rotowire one is just soooooo awful. The following team scored a flat 0/100 in a 12-team mock.

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB1: Alvin Kamara
RB2: Marlon Mack
WR1: Michael Thomas
WR2: Tyreek Hill
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: Robert Woods
K: Harrison Butker
DST: Steelers

Bench
Matt Breida
Darius Slayton
Gardner Minshew
Breshad Perriman
Jamaal Williams
Eno Benjamin
Ian Thomas

Snake draft and I had the #12 slot. Took Kamara and Mahomes as 1/12 and 2/1. Thomas and Kelce were there for 3/12 and 4/1. Reek was there at 5/12 :psyberger:

I'll say this, it's an awful, awful system but it moves really fast.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

So I've been mocking for my draft tomorrow and I'm reliably having the option to pick the following for my RB2:

Lev Bell
James Conner
David Johnson

I've been picking Bell almost every time and I'm curious if I should be rolling the dice on Conner's health instead?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Well I'd take DJ out of those three haha

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think Connor is partly a product of his situation and who the hell knows with DJ. Bells seems like the most reliable choice imo

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

MakaVillian posted:

So I've been mocking for my draft tomorrow and I'm reliably having the option to pick the following for my RB2:

Lev Bell
James Conner
David Johnson

I've been picking Bell almost every time and I'm curious if I should be rolling the dice on Conner's health instead?

I would go:
Conner
Johnson
Bell

Really have no interest in having Bell.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

I would go:
Conner
Johnson
Bell

Really have no interest in having Bell.

First two are 1A and 1B to me. But agree with Gase's Bell. Any other coach and he probably is first on the list for me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'd take Conner. The Steelers love to roll with a three down back, you're buying him low because of last year's injury and dogshit offense, and Snell kinda sucks. Plus, continuity counts extra this year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/status/1298411629097496576?s=19

So Joe Judge is a lunatic, Gettleman might be the worst GM in the league, and they now have Jason Garrett as OC. Should I be getting worried about taking Saquon? Every fantasy indicator says "no", but goodness gracious the Giants look like a poo poo show.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Would you rather have Russel Wilson and Jordan Howard or Mark Ingram and Matt Ryan in .5ppr? I'd lean Ingram/Ryan on the thought that who knows what the Miami running game is going to look like and theres not a massive gap between Ryan and Wilson.

Edit: ^^^ Saquon will probably be fine but who knows about the rest of that offense.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 26, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'd lean Ingram/Ryan. Matt Ryan is always going to have crazy volume and he should have the best weapons that he has had in a while this year. Ingram likely keeps the starting role most of the year due to continuity and Dobbins not being quite ready yet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

Would you rather have Russel Wilson and Jordan Howard or Mark Ingram and Matt Ryan in .5ppr? I'd lean Ingram/Ryan on the thought that who knows what the Miami running game is going to look like and theres not a massive gap between Ryan and Wilson.

Edit: ^^^ Saquon will probably be fine but who knows about the rest of that offense.

I lean towards Wilson/Howard. I'm not convinced Ingram won't lose his job to Dobbins. Wilson and Ryan are a wash for me. I expect similar production from both.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Def Wilson/Howard. Ingram looks like he's on the chopping block and Wilson is much safer than Ryan. Also I'm liking Howard's chances: He's better and sturdier than Breida.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Def Wilson/Howard. Ingram looks like he's on the chopping block and Wilson is much safer than Ryan. Also I'm liking Howard's chances: He's better and sturdier than Breida.

Yeah, this

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

First two are 1A and 1B to me. But agree with Gase's Bell. Any other coach and he probably is first on the list for me.

One thing I would say re: Bell is that there's a not insignificant chance he gets traded to a team that would know what to do with him. There have been whispers about Gase trading him for over a year now and Frank Gore and La’Michal Perine have showed out well in camp.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yeaaaa i don't think anyone is trading for Bell anytime soon.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I don't remember the exact numbers but Wilson's been a top ~5 fantasy QB for near a decade now and has (I think literally) never missed a game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wilson is very consistent year over year, but lately has been very inconsistent week over week. He'll give you game breaking numbers one week and nearly disappear behind poo poo o line play the next. Wilson is the better QB but as a value proposition I'm ending up with more Ryan in redrafts this year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Artonos posted:

I kinda like Darrynton Evans for the same kind of literally last pick dart throw mindset in a ppr league. Could be the ying to Henry's yang as they try not to destroy Henry's body after signing him to a contract.

Edit: Actually AJ Dillon might be a better candidate. The Packers have kind of signalled that they don't want to resign Aaron Jones for next year. So he has a very good shot at being the starter going forward.

I kind of love Darrynton Evans. I think he’s got the chops to be a workhorse if god forbid something happens to Henry, but I also think he can fill the change of pace role well. He didn’t put up gaudy receiving numbers at Appalachian State but watching him play he always looked very natural and capable of catching the ball out of the backfield when they asked him to.

I think he’s a guy you really want as a Henry owner for insurance or in dynasty, but I think he could also provide some nice cheap depth this season in redraft. I think he can have a role in that offseason even if they feed Henry 20 times a game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

re: Lev Bell
https://twitter.com/eallenjets/status/1298638798453121024

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/1298642283986812933

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My starting RB's going into this season for one dynasty league were David Montgomery and Darrius Guice.

I'm beginning to think that team is a jinx

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Early news on Montgomery man what a great time to pick up...

running back Ryan Nall?

Searching....

Um. That looks suboptimal

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
What's wrong with Montgomery? He was in the shape of his life, had given up donuts and everything

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

What's wrong with Montgomery? He was in the shape of his life, had given up donuts and everything

he died non contact
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1298665782189142016

devonta freeman your contract is ready, sir

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can I drool over my Dynasty stable of running backs for a minute?

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jonathan Taylor
Joe Mixon
Miles Sanders
Josh Jacobs
Phillip Lindsay
Devin Singletary
Sony Michel
Lamar Miller
Justin Jackson
Devonte Freeman

:getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My starting RB's going into this season for one dynasty league were David Montgomery and Darrius Guice.

I'm beginning to think that team is a jinx

oh no Justin Jefferson :ohdear:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

devonta freeman your contract is ready, sir

That guy seems like he might be toast but I'm basing it on that he's still unsigned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1298668629798641665