Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Goddamn, that's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Huh, I wonder if the transformation humanised White Chain's mentality a little and softened her, or if this is just a realisation from the fight.

It can be two things!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

MikeJF posted:

Huh, I wonder if the transformation humanised White Chain's mentality a little and softened her, or if this is just a realisation from the fight.

This is who she's always been; she just couldn't show it before because she was forcing herself to conform to a role that didn't fit her.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Watching an angel transform into something completely new when you’re entire world is based around the immutability of power and order would rock anyone to the core. If David becomes their ally and helps them break the wheel it would make a lot of narrative sense. His whole nation is based on conformity and subjugation of rule and being shown literally first hand that things can change and then putting your whole being into helping that change ripple through all of creation would be a welcome sign.

Maybe that’s what we’ll hate. That Dave doesn’t change at all even facing a literal miracle when it would do so much good to change his thinking and help.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Salami Dave ki ratas the Wheel and breaks it himself, story ends and we hate(?) it

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

You know, I wonder if they aren't gonna try to recruit Soloman. When you think about it, we are looking at two camps forming.

Camp one: War and Chaos. (A new world that burns away the old, and who cares who dies.) : Incubus, Jagganoth, Metaton and the Thorns.

Camp two: Order and peace (Violence optional, but probably required at some point): Allison and company, Soloman, the other Angels.

Optional third camp: Self-absorbed jerks: The other Demiurges. They care mostly about their own designs, might join one side if they think it serves them better.

The way I see it, Soloman has more in common with Allisons group. The only thing that might sway him otherwise is taking care of his people and keeping the Peace accord with the other Demiurges. If he sees that joining Allisons camp is the best way to achieve it... He might support them at some point.

Considering that Incubus and Jaggermeister are pushing to break the balance and drive heaven into all out war, it may be inevitable.

It looks like Allison and Soloman are going to have 'a talk' real soon.

(edit: angels)

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 26, 2020

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Cio clogs the Wheel with innumerable paper clones, a spark from Mammon ignites existence and all things are erased in cleansing fire

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm sorry but if you put Dave in the "Order and Peace" camp over "Self Absorbed Jerks" you haven't been paying much attention this chapter.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i cannot stand a "my true power is my friends"-rear end bitch
jk love them love their hair hope they win

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Solomon David fancies himself a student of royalty. Now's his chance to prove it. He just got a master class.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm sorry but if you put Dave in the "Order and Peace" camp over "Self Absorbed Jerks" you haven't been paying much attention this chapter.

He's self-absorbed, but he does seem to genuinely care about order and peace; it would make sense, given that they were ripped from him, that he wants to ensure no one in his empire ever has to suffer the same as he did. He just can't see a way besides Strength to do so.

Yes, he turned a hundred dudes into chunky salsa on live Gogavision, but the sacrifice of those dudes ensured that thousands of worlds remember the Emperor's power and think twice before raiding the Celestial Empire.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Straight White Shark posted:

I disagree. I think he's just swapped camps. Here is why:

Dave is a jerk, cocky and smug, but the mantle we wears requires it. In his heart he does not want it, like Mottom. He wishes he did not have to be what he is, and the role he has to play.

Allison, having met 5 of the demiurges and experienced extreme power herself, realizes that it can be a prison. Depending on it to rule forces the wielder to do things to retain their hold on it.

The only thing giving Allison any kind of edge is that she is capable of breaking these systems.

I find it Ironic that Incubus is training her, thinking she will be an ally. I'm 100% sure they will be at odds some day.

Looking over the past comics, It looks like the Thorns angels want the mega war, thinking it will clear the 'rot' out of heaven and then set up Zaid to be the 'King' afterwards to hold power and stop new Demiurges from coming into power again.

To summarize, I think recent events will open up Soloman to allying with Allison side for the following reasons:

Soloman has a lot he wants to protect. I trust people to act in their own interests and beliefs if I'm unsure about everything else.
Even Soloman's peaceful system is part of a heaven that is rotten, and his iron grip on power to keep the peace is tiresome to him. He doesn't care for it deep down. He would be open for another way if he believed it could work.
What happened recently has opened up that possibility. One of the things keeping the Demiurge peace in check is the similar power levels involved. Allison could be a tipping point towards the future he wants to see.
The universe is tumbling towards war, sooner rather than later. I think he is smart enough to see that he might have to make some hard choices soon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's gonna just signup on the team, but he will signal that he's open to another way, and won't actively work against Allison.
Or, he might decide to try and kill Allison and take the key. :(

Tenasscity fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 26, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The denouement continues! My look at the character growth.

Looks more like character shrinkage; White chain used to be eye level with Allision's key.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I really like how much Mottom and Solomon David parallel each other, although they're both struggling with toxicity of different gender roles. There's a lot of similarity in the set-up, and the bits you posted just reminded me how they both even dressed Allison in what they consider to be proper clothes and their own colors. It's interesting to try to follow their own worldviews and how that shifts when confronted by Allison and what actions they take next. Mottom is hyper-aware of the social nature of power and feels overwhelmed by and beholden to the role she plays for her court, although she ravishes her own worlds to feed her court and I think it's pretty clear that most of her courtiers aren't even there because they want to be. She's still feeding the monstrous urges of her dead husband because she feels like she has to to live even though, I think, if she had less emotional trauma associated with that specific rear end in a top hat she probably would have realized there's got to be another way and gently caress that dude. And when Allison blows that all apart she does go straight 'gently caress this poo poo, I'm on limited time so I'm going to go on a tear of vengeance because there's no use drawing it out anymore', even though she herself admits any crack in the 6 of them means Jagganoth wins and she doesn't want that.

Sol Dave isn't very much like Mottom in practice, because he's all about building up his worlds, even though he does that with a society built in his own image and the image of the dead planet of Rayuba, whose people were scattered and sun was extinguished. The blow White Chain dealt him should be a lot milder than what Allison did to Mottom, but as other people have pointed out, Solomon's built his entire self-image on being an unbreakable man, and trusts this to uphold his society so that it can flourish. I think he's considering his next move very carefully because unlike Mottom, he feels like he has everything to lose. At this point, I'm not even sure if he knows what he's going to do, so the time Allison and company are taking to chat is probably really very useful.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I also enjoyed how eager Mottom was to talk to Allison. She was so happy for a diversion, a TRUE diversion. Someone she could confide in, even a little. She didn't kill Allison or take the power of the One Key because she was bone tired of it all.

Allison represents a different perspective, a means of immense power, with the will and WANT to shake up a heaven that's been in its rutt for too long. For better or worse, Zoss will get his dying wish and strike out from beyond death through Allison with the hope of changing the system he helped create.

Death and remaking, part of the cycle. The demiurges represent the old guard. Now that I think about it, Jaggers and Incubus might have some understanding of this too. Either for personal power/wealth, or to make sure they are on the side of "still existing" once this period of 'readjustment' is over, they are playing a side and are working towards making sure their side wins.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

squibble posted:

Goddamn, that's beautiful.

You're beautiful.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Donkringel posted:

This is dumb and I shouldn't post this, but I have to.

Now that Bob has broken the gate to become the first person banned, the seal is now weaker.

Others will soon follow.

There are some extremely unfunny and smug dorks lining up for this in the comment section of the ban announcement.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Donkringel posted:

This is dumb and I shouldn't post this, but I have to.

Now that Bob has broken the gate to become the first person banned, the seal is now weaker.

Others will soon follow.

And? Is this a good or a bad thing?

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 26, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don't think Allison is in the 'Order and Peace' camp. There's a reason Incubus is backing her - she's the hero who breaks the wheel and turns the 'order' of the Demiurges into chaos.

Remember what she said to Mottom: "Everyone dies. Get over it."

It's not that she's eager to kill anyone, but that she's disrupting the order of the cosmos, the arrangement of the seven part world, the whole multiversal horrorshow that is daily life in Throne. That's all going to come crashing down, and Allison has been far more of an agent of chaos than any other individual - which is, hopefully, for the better in the long term.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't think Allison is in the 'Order and Peace' camp. There's a reason Incubus is backing her - she's the hero who breaks the wheel and turns the 'order' of the Demiurges into chaos.

Remember what she said to Mottom: "Everyone dies. Get over it."

It's not that she's eager to kill anyone, but that she's disrupting the order of the cosmos, the arrangement of the seven part world, the whole multiversal horrorshow that is daily life in Throne. That's all going to come crashing down, and Allison has been far more of an agent of chaos than any other individual - which is, hopefully, for the better in the long term.

Look we're all hosed up about the Dune trailer not being out yet. Its gonna be ok.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

listen dawg I still remember when mottom turned a dude who told her off for being a monster into a tree shes no victim. Salami is no victim. They're fuckers. They're all fuckers and deserve to die and have their thrones toppled.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you can be a victim and also be a fucker. hell, being a victim is part of why mottom and salami and incubus and jags turned into fuckers

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Allison killed neither Mottom nor Mammon, and doesn't seem to be interested in going after them. The feeling, however, isn't mutual as Mottom has chased Allison right into Mammon's vault and now she's a bit distracted but I'm sure she still wants revenge on Allison.

Would be funny if Mottom and her armies crash into Rayuba.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
ask him to join the harem allison

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Look we're all hosed up about the Dune trailer not being out yet. Its gonna be ok.

I just think that ‘peace’ and ‘order’ are not presented as the same thing in this comic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sol Dave joins them, immediately comes to see White Chain as the daughter he never had, and proceeds to make the daddest of dad jokes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Sol Dave joins them, immediately comes to see White Chain as the daughter he never had, and proceeds to make the daddest of dad jokes.

Total Joke Obliteration: Hi Hungry, I'm Dad

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The last page was a great update. I look forward to having everything ruined by a horrible twist and/or surprise event because I just know it's about to slap us collectively across the face with a metaphorical frozen fish or something.

Well actually I don't but you know, emotional investment and all that. Good stuff.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

final chapter opens with ONE YEAR LATER

pan down to the deck of the airship, where solomon david stands, in a pair of boating shorts and a hawaiian shirt, grilling and drinking a beer

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

pan down to the deck of the airship, where solomon david stands, in a pair of boating shorts and a hawaiian shirt, grilling and drinking a beer

And a barely mentioned minor sunburn which the readers will immediately understand the implications of.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Joe Slowboat posted:

I just think that ‘peace’ and ‘order’ are not presented as the same thing in this comic.

As the kids say: no justice no peace.

If there's anything to say about K6BD add a universe, "order" is a form of nauseating endless violence.

:hmmyes:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

he better have flip flops on

e: i’m picturing allison taking dave to earth and doing an ‘a whole new world’ bit

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I need to see this. If only as a guest strip.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Motherfucker posted:

listen dawg I still remember when mottom turned a dude who told her off for being a monster into a tree shes no victim. Salami is no victim. They're fuckers. They're all fuckers and deserve to die and have their thrones toppled.
She's both. More specifically, I think a lot of her thought patterns were shaped when she was dealing with a horrible abusive rapist demiurge husband, just like a lot of Dave's trauma traces back to when he was helpless to save his family and then later his entire world. Gaining ultimate god-king power doesn't exactly 'fix' you of your psychological problems, that's why they're such fuckers.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

*Perspective shifts to Alison's old Sorority Sisters, who are running down a street towards a bomb shelter with fearful looks on their faces. Behind them, in the sky, a giant portal swirls. Mottom's city has already passed through, followed by countless military sail ships. Fighter jets streak towards them, but some have already become unguided, flower petals streaming out of the cockpits....*

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

lol

Gogagog loves this dumb childish poo poo

Who's going to protect anyone from actual unknowable evils if someone like Dave takes his ball and goes home right now? Breaking the wheel and sealing off all of the worlds again is the best case, but Allison and crew have no idea how to do that and spend half the time navel-gazing anyways.

Victis fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 26, 2020

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I seriously doubt Abbadon would present an ending involving closing the borders sealing the gates as anything desirable.

From what I've seen, it'd go against his worldview and the messages he's trying to convey through KSBD, particularly the whole bit about fostering widespread cooperation with the goal of dismantling tyrants and the systems that create and bolster them.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i dont think the solution from the friendship is magic crew is going to be atomizing the universe further by severing all connections

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Disperse the power of the keys into every human, angel, devil and servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

violent sex idiot posted:

you can be a victim and also be a fucker. hell, being a victim is part of why mottom and salami and incubus and jags turned into fuckers

i weep at this glimpse of the wheel