Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kalli posted:

Mays wasn't ever on any of that stuff though as far as I know. He had his NFL podcast which was pretty great and I think had Simmons it like once ever.

I'm glad he's going to get to do more of that, and the Athletic will have a better stable of people to pull from though, so that's cool.

Sure that's fair but I'm still glad he's free. Also the nfl podcast has pretty much just been Kevin Clark for the last like year and boy is he insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phobeste posted:

Sure that's fair but I'm still glad he's free. Also the nfl podcast has pretty much just been Kevin Clark for the last like year and boy is he insufferable

Oh yeah absolutely, it totally died when Mays disappeared. I'm just saying, that podcast was good content at the Ringer, and didn't deserve the slander of being associated with Simmons' content.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

Mays wasn't ever on any of that stuff though as far as I know. He had his NFL podcast which was pretty great and I think had Simmons it like once ever.

I'm glad he's going to get to do more of that, and the Athletic will have a better stable of people to pull from though, so that's cool.

Mays always struck me as a Zach Lowe type who knew a ton about football but could write about it in a way that made it very accessible (this piece, for example). Not saying he'll be the football Zach Lowe, but the Athletic will definitely give him a better outlet to showcase his talents.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Joe Judge sounds like the name of a a reality TV Sheriff.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

if someone made an NFL podcast with effectively wild's quality I'd actually pay money for it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As a Giants fan my only hope is they lose every game they play this season.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Professor Funk posted:

Mays always struck me as a Zach Lowe type who knew a ton about football but could write about it in a way that made it very accessible (this piece, for example). Not saying he'll be the football Zach Lowe, but the Athletic will definitely give him a better outlet to showcase his talents.
Besides all this I loved his “sad about the Bears” energy and hope he can bring it to this new gig occasionally. It’s not for everyone but he’s great at putting that despair and pessimism into words.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The Barnwell+Mays pairing was so god drat perfect and while I'm happy for both of them that it propelled their individual careers I really wish we could get them together again

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I can't stand how barnwell talks. has the man ever said a word with confidence?>

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I'll take a general air of self awareness over a blithe overconfident moron any day of the week tbh

edit: my monitor is on, as I type this,

Phobeste fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 26, 2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1298626653845889024

Lotta damning stuff in there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Makenzie Alexander's father was left behind on a berry picking trip, and the dude was arrested for confronting the dude who left his dad behind.

loving bizzare.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

e: duplicate

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Still really disappointed there was no ref bribing scandal.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Zero chance that Jason Garrett isn't being the nicest guy and totally not pushing the players so he can be the cool "player's coach" that fills the void when they fire Judge

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Phobeste posted:

The Barnwell+Mays pairing was so god drat perfect and while I'm happy for both of them that it propelled their individual careers I really wish we could get them together again

Yeah.

And Mays's departure pretty much sticks a fork in my sporadic Ringer NFL Podcast listening. Kevin Clark is okay but not anyone I would ever seek out to listen to on his own. Goodbye forever, Danny Heifetz.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

Yeah.

And Mays's departure pretty much sticks a fork in my sporadic Ringer NFL Podcast listening. Kevin Clark is okay but not anyone I would ever seek out to listen to on his own. Goodbye forever, Danny Heifetz.

Not a huge fan of Kevin Clark, though he has his moments I guess. I like Danny Kelly, though--his NFL draft content is pretty solid.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1298634883409969154?s=21

Gonna be even more pressure on him to sell the team

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I love Kevin Clark because he is, like me, a huge Lamar Jackson stan

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adun posted:

Dan Snyder activate your twitter account you coward.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Adun posted:

This was the perfect time for Snyder to join Twitter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just imagine the things Jerry Jones has been up to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just imagine the things Jerry Jones has been up to.

Probably smart enough to just pay for prostitutes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Raku posted:

Zero chance that Jason Garrett isn't being the nicest guy and totally not pushing the players so he can be the cool "player's coach" that fills the void when they fire Judge

Nah he's the reluctant assistant who will be shocked by the results by the end of this Sports Training Montage.

He'll shake his head as he's rubbing salve on Graham Gano's compound fracture after trying to kick a tree down. Skip to him hitting a 65 yarder and Jason Garrett shakes his head with an air of disbelief, turns to Judge who smiles and nods.

Please read this post while playing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F2i6EQsPZY

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Probably smart enough to just pay for prostitutes

He has Throatzilla on retainer to sway free agents.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It's sex workers now

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

nerve posted:

It's sex workers now

What about the Holetariat

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I can't read the name "Joe Judge" without thinking "My name is Judge!": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRV6oqsBi8

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
guess who died today

https://twitter.com/JJStankevitz/status/1298662586209239042

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1298665782189142016

Trubisky inaccurate with handoffs getting his RBs killed smdh.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I miss preseason games. It's gonna be lame not ever seeing udfa te #5 get his moment in the sun.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Skipping the preseason is the only good thing about COVID

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

I miss preseason games. It's gonna be lame not ever seeing udfa te #5 get his moment in the sun.

Without preseason we wouldn't have the legend of homeless to wearing OBJ's shoe's for a kickoff TD story of Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi that was somehow only 1 year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8DIdUMrI08

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

It's definitely weird to have no preseason. As a fan, the regular season feels like the first day of school used to. Flip a switch and suddenly everything is different; no ramp up, no nothing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Austin Ekeler doesn't make the team without preseason wwek 4 so I like the preseason

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Austin Ekeler doesn't make the team without preseason wwek 4 so I like the preseason

Two preseason games would be ideal for those guys. But nobody should be in the 2nd-4th quarters of the 1st or 4th preseason game. Those have never done anything for anybody. Should replace those with some intra-squad weeks and get players work against another team.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Don’t forget Victor Cruz torching the Jets wearing #3 in preseason in 2010.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Preseason is like April baseball - the records don't matter yet, the stats can't be trusted, and it's a great opportunity for guys to get hurt.

e: this is just from a fan's perspective, I understand how important it is to bubble guys and roster evaluations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i had definitely forgotten Victor Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Preseaon: Mahomes threw three interceptions in practice and hasn't looked very go-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-VHqxbFNOU

:stare: