Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd love to see: Tom Clancy Panic - No Game+ Extreme

What I would not like to see however is: Child Hunter - Ultra Violencer Multiplay

But what the hell would any of these games even look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat, that site loses out by collapsing all the details by default. I glances at it earlier and thought it was just the speedrunner names. Some of those are funny enough, but the games are where it shines. I almost missed other gems such as Mass Edgehog 2, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Precursor Legend, and the well known franchise games Batman: Elder Scrolls III and Elder Scrolls IV: Turtles

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
These would be perfect for a game Jam, especially if we try and figure out how the completions would make sense.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm legit sad, that it doesn't generate new ones with a refresh.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh man I love Tetris: The Thousand Year Door i better tune in for that

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Zereth posted:

Tetris: The Thousand Year Door
:eyepop:

Tetris with LORE is something I had no idea I craved

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm real good at No Levels runs

e: I'm also pretty good at Hatsume (NES) on the XBox

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
3:47 AM BlooMother 00:15:00 God of Evil 2 Any% Wiiiis

I like the idea of someone speedrunning one of those lovely fake non-consoles that only existed to confuse grandmothers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay it's The Elder Scrolls IV: Turtles

Though I'm also fond of Mega Man 64: The Chicken

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am crying laughing at "Swintrendo C"

e: I want to play Pokémouse. I can hear the off-brand music in my head

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

e: Pokémouse

It's short for "pocket mouse," I don't see what's strange about it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Splicer posted:

I am crying laughing at "Swintrendo C"

e: I want to play Pokémouse. I can hear the off-brand music in my head

Swintrendo

I can't believe a chatbot just won the console wars

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tombot posted:

I'd love to see: Tom Clancy Panic - No Game+ Extreme

But what the hell would any of these games even look like?

Obviously just like the GALS PANIC series (warning nws if you google, probably) only it is progressively more unclothed photos of Tom Clancy.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I get that the Tony Hawk franchise needed reimagining to become relevant again, but they really should've tried to be at least a little bit consistent. I mean, Tony Hawk's Dream Land 1 & 2 were both incredibly charming, they could've kept going in that vein and done really well. But no, of course they had to switch tracks completely to compete with all the extremely serious shooters of the early 360 era, and it just feels really forced throughout the entire campaign of Tony Hawk's American Wars.

Admittedly we're living in some pretty dystopic times now and it's not all that inconceivable that an overtly fascist US government classifies skateboarding as terrorism, but I don't really buy Bam Margera getting murdered by rollerblade cops just to motivate Tony's revenge quest. And the soundtrack? I get it, I do; that Gears of War trailer hit really well so it makes sense to take after it, but there are limits and commissioning Gary Jules to record melancholy covers of something like 30 skate punk hits goes well past that limit.

At least Tony Hawk's Dream Land 2 is on Switch now. Anyone know how it runs? I got the port of Tomberman 7 that was by the same studio and it runs like rear end, really not surprised that they're running the Gamecube version of that one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I legitimately kind of want to play Resident Evil Renovation Point. I imagine it as something Theme Hospital-ish in terms of gameplay, except instead of exploring the evil death mansion full of traps and zombies, you build it. Like Tecmo's Deception, but with viruses. You can't tell me there's not some real potential there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

quote:

> tell them you are secretly a god
"We know," they all say in unison. You stare at them, then smile and decide just to enjoy your time with your family.

> remake the world to eliminate pain
You remake the world to eliminate pain. In the new world, no one feels pain or enjoys pleasure. In this new world, nothing gets done. With no motivation to do anything, humanity soon becomes extinct.

Here's how my AI Dungeon experience is going today. Sorry folks, I tried :shrug:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Telling an AI to make a painless world is how you get a universal paperclips-type situation.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

Here's how my AI Dungeon experience is going today. Sorry folks, I tried :shrug:
Huh, I just finished rewatching equilibrium

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/comments/iio41n/women_whats_the_most_annoying_and_unappealing/

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.facebook.com/botsofnewyork/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Good Dune quote but where's the procgen part

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/jonathanfly/status/1300976651380109313

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1301542985860034560

oh wait, thats my least favorite procedurally generated content :stonk:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Half the time they supposedly don't have the resources to investigate actual crimes, and now they're setting up dystopian Dune-style social engineering programs?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
More like Minority Report, instead of actual for-reals precognitives it's a digital coin flip.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was thinking of the insanely advanced state of the social sciences in the Dune universe, but yeah I just read that series, so that's why I'm relating it to everything. It'll wear off within a few months

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I decided to play a game of AI dungeon as a rogue android on the run in a cyberpunk world, and somehow several days of occasional playing later - and a surprising number of encounters with vampires - I've somehow ended up as a rogue android living in comfortable gay domesticity with another rogue android called Dmitri. He's currently teaching me how to paint.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

And there's yet another reason why we will never need to worry about an AI attempting to destroy humanity: it would be far too busy maintaining the Universal Human Shipping Chart (there really is someone for everyone!) and writing lemons about us.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

I'm training to be a sperm donor. You're going to need a license to harvest this product. :smuggo:
That is the most amazing bot line I've read yet.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Its like someone was playing a builder game and just made a tornado of staircases, then called it a building.

ekuNNN posted:

https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1301542985860034560

oh wait, thats my least favorite procedurally generated content :stonk:

Oh joy, someone took Watch_Dogs as a suggestion for what should happen.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Pretty sure that's not the right way to wear a mask.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SerialKilldeer posted:

Or a face.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Counterpoint: if your mask hasn't merged with your skin, you're not wearing it enough

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Doesn't cover his nose or mouth, though.

In the future, we will evolve built-in medical masks that can be raised or flipped up to safely cover nose and mouth (and Republicans will insist on cutting their own off with a rusty old knife because FREEDOM).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SerialKilldeer posted:

It looks like someone is having a nightmare about Tom Lennon.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

SerialKilldeer posted:

Doesn't cover his nose or mouth, though.

In the future, we will evolve built-in medical masks that can be raised or flipped up to safely cover nose and mouth (and Republicans will insist on cutting their own off with a rusty old knife because FREEDOM).

lol, assuming we'll have republicans in the future and not the Q Party

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

small ghost posted:

I decided to play a game of AI dungeon as a rogue android on the run in a cyberpunk world, and somehow several days of occasional playing later - and a surprising number of encounters with vampires - I've somehow ended up as a rogue android living in comfortable gay domesticity with another rogue android called Dmitri. He's currently teaching me how to paint.

Hands off my Dmitri! :arghfist::mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!