Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Erev posted:

A three way split? I must have missed the third group.

A few KF guys with Banana are apparently going their own way as well as of a few hours ago. They have a discord etc and are figuring out what to do. I think they are leaving Delve but who knows. (Im saying that Vals 'group' is the 3rd one... or 1st depending I suppose).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

MrYenko posted:

I think it’s down for maintenance still.

Oh christ, figures.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

Malthuras posted:

I mean you really can't make this up, it just gets better.

At this point you absolutely have to respect his commitment to driving this thing completely into the loving ground

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

a mysterious cloak posted:

Oh christ, figures.

But hey free SP!

quote:

1. All players will receive 20,000 Skill Points as we planned ealier, due to the extended regular maintenance.
2. Since the maintenance is extended again at this point, all players will receive another 30,000 Skill Points.
3. If the server is not up until 16:00 UTC, 26 AUG, for every extra hour of maintenance, all players will receive extra 5,000 Skill Points.** (seperate from character's own SP output)
4. In conclusion, all players will receive at least 50,000 skill points, depends on actual maintenance duration
5. We will create an exclusive medal** and deliver to all players who created their characters before 26 Aug, to thank you for staying with us.

We're past the second hour mark now so 60k free sp and counting

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If I'm considering dipping my toe into this, what kind of active time investment am I looking at to just have a constructive day-to-day?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The extended downtime offer of "50,000 SP per hour until the game's back online" kicked in two hours ago, so get ready to expedite some skills :getin:

haha jk its only 5000 sp per hour

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 26, 2020

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The extended downtime offer of "50,000 SP per hour until the game's back online" kicked in two hours ago, so get ready to expedite some skills :getin:

5k, not 50k. 50k per hour would be nuts.

Edit: as mentioned above, the deadline was 2 hours ago. So, +20k for regular downtime +30k + 5k*x hours where x currently = 2.

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 26, 2020

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Not gonna lie 5k/skillpoints an hour is pretty great - especially for people who didn't buy the full double omega plus triple booster package.

My guess as to why the emergency maintenance? I bet they hosed up when moving new players out of Jita. Probably like broke all the starter missions or something.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

If I'm considering dipping my toe into this, what kind of active time investment am I looking at to just have a constructive day-to-day?

Depends what you want to do, I do some 30 minute segments every now and then between work doing some ratting. You can also park a venture and afk mine for 20 minutes, do deliveries while auto warping, etc. Once you get to tier 5 stuff it takes a bit longer to advance so probably no more than 30 minutes a day if you dont want to?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Erev posted:

Not gonna lie 5k/skillpoints an hour is pretty great - especially for people who didn't buy the full double omega plus triple booster package.

My guess as to why the emergency maintenance? I bet they hosed up when moving new players out of Jita. Probably like broke all the starter missions or something.

No idea why the emergency maintenance. As for why it's taking so long, I'm going to guess someone forgot to check and make sure the backups were running before the update. Data restoration tends to take forever in that scenario.

nutri
Sep 7, 2010
The 5k/hour is decent compensation. Assuming the devs are in China we probably have a few more hours to go since its like 2AM there right now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of hilarious that Goons lost the [GOON] tag in a new Eve game to a bunch of non-Goons.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Popete posted:

It's kind of hilarious that Goons lost the [GOON] tag in a new Eve game to a bunch of non-Goons.

Its the gooniest thing we could do aside from deleting our own sov to be fair

Oh Snapple! posted:

As little or as much as you want. We have people flying and poo poo all day, we have casual story missions or encounters etc and you can get away with not paiyng 100% attention most of the time. Its a lot chiller than Eve by all accounts and the fact you can play from your phone is pretty drat cool.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been ratting and fiddling with fittings while I sit in zoom meetings all day and that seems pretty par for the course. Maybe a half hour per day to do the simple maintenance stuff like set up your skill training and manage market orders? There's not a whole lot of depth yet (but apparently sov stuff and more is coming in November)

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

val lied servers died

nutri
Sep 7, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I've been ratting and fiddling with fittings while I sit in zoom meetings all day and that seems pretty par for the course. Maybe a half hour per day to do the simple maintenance stuff like set up your skill training and manage market orders? There's not a whole lot of depth yet (but apparently sov stuff and more is coming in November)

Same. Also having the skill queue just rack up unallocated SP makes alt management way easier. There is pretty much no reason to not spin up at least one alt.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Oh Snapple! posted:

The cool thing about this game is that instead of a paywall, we really have a timewall. You can buy some slightly fancier ships for a lot of spacebucks, and you can pay 15 bucks a month (or grind a lot of isk in lieu of the 15 bucks a month) to skill up faster, but you cant pay your way into training all the skills. Skills are a lot more important than isk and the fancy ships currently available. If you join now and just keep training which only takes logging on every couple days or so to update your skill queue, you could theoretically decide to go hog-wild deep into the game a year from now and take advantage of all the skills you casually kept training.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 26, 2020

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Rigel posted:

The cool thing about this game is that instead of a paywall, we really have a timewall. You can buy some slightly fancier ships for a lot of spacebucks, and you can pay 15 bucks a month (or grind a lot of isk in lieu of the 15 bucks a month) to skill up faster, but you cant pay your way into training all the skills. Skills are a lot more important than isk and the fancy ships currently available. If you join now and just keep training, you could theoretically decide to go hog-wild deep into the game a year from now and take advantage of all the skills you casually kept training.

Even better is that an empty que just generates Free SP, so you could come back in a year and be sitting on millions of untapped SP ready to expedite to the top

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

The servers may be down, but the prolific thread and discord updates still make me feel as though I played phone Eve today.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Expired Vitamin posted:

The servers may be down, but the prolific thread and discord updates still make me feel as though I played phone Eve today.

Its scratched my itch thats for sure.

I remember I enjoyed reading about Eve Online a lot more than I enjoyed trying it out. But that was a long time ago when internet was bad and everything was laggy.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

ThatEvilOne posted:

Even better is that an empty que just generates Free SP, so you could come back in a year and be sitting on millions of untapped SP ready to expedite to the top

They do, though I think it might be at a reduced rate? Still cool though.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I sped through the tutorial but I thought that I read in those tiny textboxes that the free sp pool from not training anything is capped at only 24 hours?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

ThatEvilOne posted:

There's a cap to the max points you can generate. I think it's 500k as I did not generate points above that when I joined a corp with my alt (which is also an omega clone).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Erev posted:

nah, probably something like this

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Valador probably tried to recruit the dev team to his Patreon

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
For those that knew hardeners have been hosed since launch, they unfucked them this patch

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

orange juche posted:

nah, probably something like this

"Please hop on the test server. Stuff is boned but you can at least play - not that it'll carry over."

Yours was closer. You win.

Edit: Test server is showing we should expect a minimum of 100k skill points though. That kicks rear end.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Can anyone give an update on that Valador is doing now? Has his group failure cascaded yet?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

still down? knew a nap was the right call! I hope they give a write up on what went wrong. If test is up with good data we at least know they have a working backup to fall back to!

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Malthuras posted:

For those that knew hardeners have been hosed since launch, they unfucked them this patch

whats the difference between reactive and adaptive hardeners?

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Mjolnerd posted:

whats the difference between reactive and adaptive hardeners?

Adaptive give a flat bonus to all resists while reactive changes (every cycle I think?) to add more resists to the damage type thats being shot at you while lowering the others. For instance, if delve rats shoot you (EM/Therm) the reactive will shift to higher EM/Therm resists. Kinda useless when facing missiles since they are omni damage. I still don't know if 2x adaptive is better than 1x reactive and 1x adaptive so further testing needed, just know that they are working at least now.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

NGC773 posted:

Can anyone give an update on that Valador is doing now? Has his group failure cascaded yet?

his group has failcascaded. the karmafleet pubbies have hosed off into their own lifeboat. last i heard there were like 20 people on his discord.

edit:
look at bravos post at the bottom here

"sa which stands for something awful = toxic group"
there's something just magical about literally the only [GOON] tagged guy left in the post-failscade rubble renoucing SA. a few that left to form their own group lmao more like literally everyone but him

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 26, 2020

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I love when mobile games have server issues cause they go way overboard in throwing around compensations.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Vals woken back up and is continuing the spin along with Bravos. Just incase you forgot the past dozen times he said it we be terrorizers. Remaining KF's aren't really buying the propoganda

Mores coming will post it to this post as it develops

Well poo poo looks like I need to figure out some recording software

ThatEvilOne fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 26, 2020

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
It's generous but I think it's just the big numbers making it seem like it's overcompensating. 60k sp is a drop in the bucket for people to get to t8/9.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

he's really sticking with that terrorists line :laffo:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Valador must be in his teens right? How can an adult speak and be so blinded like that?

He makes me want to play even more and solely focus on crushing any group he creates.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

NGC773 posted:

Valador must be in his teens right? How can an adult speak and be so blinded like that?

He makes me want to play even more and solely focus on crushing any group he creates.

he's got a wife and kids dude. that's one of the highlights, him angrily ranting at us on discord for like five minutes straight while we can hear his wife saying "daddy's in an important meeting right now honey" to his kid
i hope his family's okay, they don't deserve to be party to any of this nonsense.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Radio Free Kobold posted:

he's got a wife and kids dude. that's one of the highlights, him angrily ranting at us on discord for like five minutes straight while we can hear his wife saying "daddy's in an important meeting right now honey" to his kid
i hope his family's okay, they don't deserve to be party to any of this nonsense.

Imagine having your child listen to you rage about nerds on an internet spaceship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

NGC773 posted:

Imagine having your child listen to you rage about nerds on an internet spaceship game

imagine your child asking for attention and instead your wife runs interference while you choose to rage about nerds on an internet spaceship game